Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

One game I want on the 3ds eshop is Shantee! I read in Nintendo Power (rest in peace) that it was going to be relesed on the eshop and been waiting ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    One game I want on the 3ds eshop is Shantee! I read in Nintendo Power (rest in peace) that it was going to be relesed on the eshop and been waiting ever since...
    For now, you have Risky's Revenge. The next Shantae game is coming out sometime this year as a retail title.

I'm surprised no-one is talking about GF's new IP, HarmoKnight.
    I love it; the graphics; the music; heck, even the enemy design. It's all top-notch!
    Just goes to show; there's more to GF than simply Pokemon.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I'm surprised no-one is talking about GF's new IP, HarmoKnight.
    I love it; the graphics; the music; heck, even the enemy design. It's all top-notch!
    Just goes to show; there's more to GF than simply Pokemon.

~The Head Honchkrow~
    Yes it's a great game, I find it a bit difficult though. Idk, maybe I just suck at rhythm based games. This is one of the few games I play with the 3d effect on.

@Zorocario: Yeah, I found it difficult to begin with, but if you just pay close attention to how the enemies move, you'll get it eventually. It also helps to hum in time to the music.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

When's the next Wii U VC game supposed to come out?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I got a question, why can't you get old Pokemon games from the Nintendo eShop?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Because Nintendo hasn't decided to publish them on the e-shop yet, and I doubt they will. And honestly, is there any real need for them to do so? Sure it'll generate them a lot of money, but I can't see any other reason for doing so.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    ...what kind of answer were you looking for here, exactly?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Because Nintendo hasn't decided to publish them on the e-shop yet, and I doubt they will. And honestly, is there any real need for them to do so? Sure it'll generate them a lot of money, but I can't see any other reason for doing so.
    Well that's a pretty big reason for them to do so if you ask me.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Sure it'll generate them a lot of money, but I can't see any other reason for doing so.
    That's a good enough reason if you ask me lol.
    I've heard other people say they'll never put them on because you won't be able to trade/battle you'll need a link cable. Cause the games aren't compatible with the 3DS wireless functions but yet they've released many other games that require it so why should R/B/Y, even S/G/C be any different?
    Sure you won't be able to link up with other people to do battles/trades but really I don't see any problem with that. I'll just play them for old times and good memories, cause the only real thing your missing if you can't trade are a few trade-evolutions, and few version exclusive's.
    I'm sure they'll eventually release the GB/GBC Pokemon games to the eshop and they'll receive a ton of money no problem. Because of old players either wanting them for the heck of it or they no longer have them(like me so stupid >.<), or new players that never played them will want to try and see where it all started.
    Last edited by Zyon; 11th April 2013 at 4:12 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

There's really no reason to do so. There isn't as many "Nostalgia" Pokemon as people think there are. Those that are, is in the minority. The games are outdated, the first 2 Gens already have remakes, and R/S will probably get one some where down the line. There's really no reason to take a step backward.

If they do decide to add the old school pokemon games on the e-shop they MUST have wireless connectivity.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    If they do decide to add the old school pokemon games on the e-shop they MUST have wireless connectivity.
    That's actually a big problem right there. In most of the original games, you had to use the game link cable in order to trade Pokemon. If they were to add wireless features, they'd have to alter the game's code, which isn't an easy thing to do mind you. While Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald could use wireless features, it could only be done with a special attachment to the GBA, the main method was still through a link cable. That's probably the biggest reason why they aren't releasing the old games.

That's actually a big problem right there. In most of the original games, you had to use the game link cable in order to trade Pokemon. If they were to add wireless features, they'd have to alter the game's code, which isn't an easy thing to do mind you. While Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald could use wireless features, it could only be done with a special attachment to the GBA, the main method was still through a link cable. That's probably the biggest reason why they aren't releasing the old games.
    3DS VC's NES games and junk have had wireless features added in
    I see no reason why they couldn't do the same thing to GB &/or GBA games

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That was because they didn't have any wireless features to begin with. With the Pokemon games, you're essentially turning a wired feature into a wireless feature. However, I will conede that Zelda four swords is a good example of them altering the code for the game to allow wireless play. This is just me speculating but I have a feeling that altering the code for the Pokemon games might be a little harder.

That was because they didn't have any wireless features to begin with. With the Pokemon games, you're essentially turning a wired feature into a wireless feature. However, I will conede that Zelda four swords is a good example of them altering the code for the game to allow wireless play. This is just me speculating but I have a feeling that altering the code for the Pokemon games might be a little harder.
    I don't see how it'd be harder than adding wireless to a local multi game or (as you brought up) to the reworked Four Swords
    Much less to people who work with wireless all the time

I'm willing to be they're saving the 3DS VC release of Pokemon for when sales slump. It's pretty much the one guaranteed easy sales title they can release, and not put any effort into it whatsoever.

Guild 01 games are having a sale till May 30th.

North America:

Liberation Maiden – $4.99 (down from $7.99)

Aero Porter – $2.99 (down from $4.99)

Crimson Shroud – $4.99 (down from $7.99)

Europe:

Liberation Maiden – €4.99/Ł4.49 (down from €7.99/Ł7.19)

Aero Porter – €2.99/Ł2.69 (down from €4.99/Ł4.49)

Crimson Shroud – €4.99/Ł4.49 (down from €7.99/Ł7.19)

Oh, that would be great, the Mario Bros. battle mode that's found on the Gameboy Advance ports is so much fun. There's also Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones' arena mode and F-zero: Maximum Velocity's multiplayer. Outside of that, most other Game Boy (including Advance) games that have multiplayer have been ported with updated graphics.

Not mentioned are Mario Kart: Super Circuit (which is very outdated) and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. The later I could see a new game being made utilizing the game's maze-like exploration and online multiplayer.

Aside from thay, there weren't many other games that used the Link Cable and it's even more difficult to brainstorm with Pokémon's dominance of the accessory in mind. As for older titles in the series being ported, no! They're are already improved remakes available so stop asking for eShop releases as they can't connect with the current games which has more priority. If there were one reason I would want an old generation 1 cartridge to play, it would be to try out the Mew glitch, that's all. However I'm still up for some pinball...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Oh, that would be great, the Mario Bros. battle mode that's found on the Gameboy Advance ports is so much fun. There's also Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones' arena mode and F-zero: Maximum Velocity's multiplayer. Outside of that, most other Game Boy (including Advance) games that have multiplayer have been ported with updated graphics.

Not mentioned are Mario Kart: Super Circuit (which is very outdated) and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. The later I could see a new game being made utilizing the game's maze-like exploration and online multiplayer.

Aside from thay, there weren't many other games that used the Link Cable and it's even more difficult to brainstorm with Pokémon's dominance of the accessory in mind. As for older titles in the series being ported, no! They're are already improved remakes available so stop asking for eShop releases as they can't connect with the current games which has more priority. If there were one reason I would want an old generation 1 cartridge to play, it would be to try out the Mew glitch, that's all. However I'm still up for some pinball...
    I believe the link cable was also used in games like Mario Tennis Power Tour, and Mario Golf: Advance tour for multiplayer matches... It helps that Mario Golf: Advance tour was listed on the Nintendo site under games a few months ago.

Thank you based Turpoo

Because both Game Freak and Nintendo know that it's much easier and profitable just to remake the game and charged full price for them.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 19th April 2013 at 3:21 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Because both Game Freak and Nintendo know that it's is much easier and profitable just to remake the game and charged full price for them.
    ^This. It just makes more sense, I know I prefer remakes over straight ports.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Okay, we get it, Pokémon ports wouldn't do well because of the lack of money they'd bring in and how the current games offer everything they had and more. Let's change the subject, anything that you regret buying off the eShop?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Zelda II. I knew I was going to regret it beforehand, but I still bought it anyway.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast