Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    *Double Facepalm*

At least Mega Man is out right now while Mega Man X is coming out this week. I'm just hoping that "AT LEAST" that these two games would teaching a thing about old-school gaming by teaching the player through it's level design by showing and then applying what was learned in the field. The Originals were the masters of doing so.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, Just look up and watch Sequelitis Mega Man Classic VS Mega Man X. It'll explain why.

R.I.P. Gematsu Rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    *Double Facepalm*

At least Mega Man is out right now while Mega Man X is coming out this week. I'm just hoping that "AT LEAST" that these two games would teaching a thing about old-school gaming by teaching the player through it's level design by showing and then applying what was learned in the field. The Originals were the masters of doing so.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, Just look up and watch Sequelitis Mega Man Classic VS Mega Man X. It'll explain why.
    I expect dozens of parody posts akin to "how can Megaman shoot"
    but I'm sure there will be at least one legitimate post getting stuck in the intro level where you have to wall jump

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I expect dozens of parody posts akin to "how can Megaman shoot"
    Also, The whole "RIDIN' ON CARS thing would also be on the same boat since it'll be done just for the fun of it. I should know since I plan on doing it once I start playing coming Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    but I'm sure there will be at least one legitimate post getting stuck in the intro level where you have to wall jump
    Sadly, There will probably be about dozens of them. That along with the other power-ups such as the Dash Boots and the Helmet would be brought up more often too. Though the only one of the power ups that I could see that won't be dumb is the Hadoken move. It was the only power up from the game I remember that was actually kinda a challenge to get.

R.I.P. Gematsu Rumor...

I honestly don't understand how people are upset about "today's generation" not being able to grasp Super Metroid.

Back in the day, you either waited for next month's Nintendo Power so you knew what the hell to do next, or you begged your mom to bring you to Blockbuster so you could sneak a peek at the strategy guide because she sure as hell wasn't going to let you buy "the book" for a game you don't even own.

Isn't it really simple to roll in Metroid? Is there no manual for these games on the Wii U Virtual Console? It seems as though the people being laughed at put little effort in trying to advance past trouble areas in these games. Not sitting there trying out button combinations to see what else the character can do, not trying anything different in the level. I myself didn't do anything listed above and more, I just tried till I got it. These people (the people most of us are laughing at, not "today's generation") do not seem to be trying much at all. I think this is part of why this all seems so laughable.

Pokemon Global LinkMy Games
    Fairywitch made the Fizzy Bubbles icon||Banner by Dwlr

You have to get the morph ball in order to be able to roll. They're going to the exit and just ignoring the path to the morph ball.

That's the problem.

Anyone here gonna get the oracle of ages and seasons on the eshop?
    Im most likely gonna get both.......i waste money that way XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Thread bump? It's still on the first (and only) page. Close this if you must then, my greatest apologies for reviving this old thread.

New Super Luigi U, downloaded it and so far money well spent. The levels are challenging but are quite short. It's like, like a drinking game. Every level's a shot but instead of getting drunk, you become engulfed in acrimony.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st June 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: grammar
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Thread bump? It's still on the first (and only) page. Close this if you must then, my greatest apologies for reviving this old thread.

New Super Luigi U, downloaded it and so far money well spent. The levels are challenging but are quite short. It's like, like a drinking game. Every levels a shot and instead of getting drunk, you become engulfed in acrimony.
    That is the most eloquent analogy I've heard in quite some time.

Nevertheless I don't really feel any desire to get NSLU.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I actually am enjoying NSLU a lot. The levels are definitly more for advanced players. I find myself going back through many levels to pick up that last star coin often. The hidden Luigis are also pretty funny. My only complaint is that the levels are too short. I know, it's DLC, but I got the game yesterday and I'm already on World 3. Just a little more to each (or some) level(s) would've been better.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

I also picked up NSLU. Been enjoying the more challenging aspect it brings, but I've gotten used to how the characters play compared to NSMBU. Also, on the 3DS eShop, I picked up the Oracle games. Started Seasons first and I finished the second dungeon. I'm trying to get Seasons done and work on Ages, but New Leaf. T_T
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Also, on the 3DS eShop, I picked up the Oracle games. Started Seasons first and I finished the second dungeon. I'm trying to get Seasons done and work on Ages, but New Leaf. T_T
    LoL, I hear you Shadow. I've picked up both Seasons an Ages, as well as Super Mario Land, an Harvest Moon here recently. But because of New Leaf I hardly have any time to play them
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

All right, I bought an eShop points card, and before I cash it in I want to decide what I will be spending it on. First, 3DS or Wii U? I'm probably going to go with the Wii U, unless there's a totally awesome game on the 3DS.

Can anyone recommend any really good games for either the 3DS or Wii U? Something sort of challenging but still entertaining, and preferably with a lot of depth (like Super Metroid on the Virtual Console, which I've already bought, for example).

EDIT: I've heard Cave Story is really good, would that be a good one to get?
    Last edited by DucksGoMooful; 22nd June 2013 at 9:18 PM.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    All right, I bought an eShop points card, and before I cash it in I want to decide what I will be spending it on. First, 3DS or Wii U? I'm probably going to go with the Wii U, unless there's a totally awesome game on the 3DS.

Can anyone recommend any really good games for either the 3DS or Wii U? Something sort of challenging but still entertaining, and preferably with a lot of depth (like Super Metroid on the Virtual Console, which I've already bought, for example).

EDIT: I've heard Cave Story is really good, would that be a good one to get?
    Cave Story is fantastic, in my opinion.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Hey guys i'm new here And I'm planning to get a 3ds, question Will Pokemon X or Y be available in the eshop? Cuz i'm worried that i won't get the game where i'm currently living ( Baku, Azerbaijan) so i wanted to know if they will have it in the Eshop

They will be available day and date with the retail copies.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

May as well use this thread to post deals and whatnot.

Project X Zone is $14.99 right now, along with some more discounts. It's a STEAL, people!

There's also still a discount on Level 5 games on the eShop lasting until January 2nd.

I got Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden for $5 apiece (alongside the new Ace Attorney).

*Please Understand*

It's pretty funny actually

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It's nice that they decided to tell us something, but saying that the release date will be "released in the future" two weeks after the intended release is about as vague as it gets. That, and it's not much different than what we've been hearing previously on the matter. I don't know, an announcement like that doesn't seem worth the trouble. Still, and this may be me being too optimistic, but hopefully that's a sign we'll get it very soon, or at least within this month.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    It's nice that they decided to tell us something, but saying that the release date will be "released in the future" two weeks after the intended release is about as vague as it gets. That, and it's not much different than what we've been hearing previously on the matter. I don't know, an announcement like that doesn't seem worth the trouble. Still, and this may be me being too optimistic, but hopefully that's a sign we'll get it very soon, or at least within this month.
    I'd concur with this. As vague as it is, it's still SOMETHING, especially when people are complaining that they've heard nothing. Some news is better than none at all, and it at least lets us now they haven't forgotten or scrapped it.

That said, I'm more curious if we'll be seeing some form of... compensation for the delay. Whether it be an extended free trial, a reduction in price, another event legendary, or something of the like, it would be a good gesture on their part... and would probably make the people who were complaining be content.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast