Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Finally, Pokémon Bank has been released in the European eShop! My advice, get it before it goes down again!
    Wow, that's like the most awesome thing ever...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Wow, that's like the most awesome thing ever...
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but I think you are...

Anyways, I just got it, and I noticed the free trial goes to March 14th, so it seems the free trial has been extended by 10 or so days!
    Too much water guys!

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but I think you are...

Anyways, I just got it, and I noticed the free trial goes to March 14th, so it seems the free trial has been extended by 10 or so days!
    I'm just going to take a wild guess that Aura is in the US, thus Bank hasn't made its way there yet. :B
    I'm just hoping it'll make it was over here come next week. Maybe. :K

Though if you say the period's been extended to march 14th, then it's likely we'll see it in under 2 weeks I suppose.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I'm just going to take a wild guess that Aura is in the US, thus Bank hasn't made its way there yet. :B
    I'm just hoping it'll make it was over here come next week. Maybe. :K

Though if you say the period's been extended to march 14th, then it's likely we'll see it in under 2 weeks I suppose.
    I expect you'll have it within the next 1/2 week, as the language is almost the same, so there shouldn't be that much to edit for the US. Anyone know if you can SR the Celebi, as I want to get a decent Nature?
    Too much water guys!

I expect you'll have it within the next 1/2 week, as the language is almost the same, so there shouldn't be that much to edit for the US. Anyone know if you can SR the Celebi, as I want to get a decent Nature?
    I think translation isn't a concern with the Bank, seeing as translation was probably already done for the originally intended December 27th release. Not like I would know, but I feel like there really isn't anything to edit and theoretically could have released it in the US today as well. It could just simply be a staggered release so as to not overload servers, but even that is just a guess. We'll just have to wait, I suppose.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I expect you'll have it within the next 1/2 week, as the language is almost the same, so there shouldn't be that much to edit for the US.
    The language isn't an issue. In a place like Europe, they get more translation options done and usually localizations for other lesser-known games takes more time.

But for this? Because there's no concrete reason why the rest of the world but America got the apps, us Americans have a right to complain.

You guys deserve some advantage, anyway. You guys got shafted with the cancellation of Rune Factory 4 and the fact you'll have to wait for any news about SMTIV.

The language isn't an issue. In a place like Europe, they get more translation options done and usually localizations for other lesser-known games takes more time.

But for this? Because there's no concrete reason why the rest of the world but America got the apps, us Americans have a right to complain.

You guys deserve some advantage, anyway. You guys got shafted with the cancellation of Rune Factory 4 and the fact you'll have to wait for any news about SMTIV.
    Meh, not too bothered about them, although I am sure you'll get Bank in due time!

However I will purchase Shin Megami X Fire Emblem for the Wii U, but solely for Fire Emblem!
    Too much water guys!

It has nothing to do with language. Again, think for just a moment. You're relaunching a service that was scuttled the first time because it was overloaded to all hell. In relaunching it after reworking it extensively, do you A) relaunch it again everywhere at once and let the good times roll, damn what may or B) stagger the releases to make extra sure everything's holding up, one region at a time?

How do people not understand this?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again, think for just a moment. You're relaunching a service that was scuttled the first time because it was overloaded to all hell. In relaunching it after reworking it extensively, do you A) relaunch it again everywhere at once and let the good times roll, damn what may or B) stagger the releases to make extra sure everything's holding up, one region at a time?

How do people not understand this?
    Edit: Fixed it for you.

If what you say is true, why did America got it for last, unlike Europe, Australia, and New Zealand? Wouldn't those countries combined have WAY more people than just America alone? I do think we'd be at an equal amount, but what's your reasoning to justify its release on those countries first? Did they just got it first randomly if both amounts were equal?
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 5th February 2014 at 1:04 AM.

Edit: Fixed it for you.
    You didn't change anything.

If what you say is true, why did America got it for last, unlike Europe, Australia, and New Zealand? Wouldn't those countries combined have WAY more people than just America alone?
    There are more people in Europe alone, much less Europe and Oceania combined, than there are in North America. It's that simple. Japan first for obvious reasons. Europe next because they're going to be the biggest and widest test. Once you've gotten through those regions with minimal bloodshed, you feel confident in releasing it in North America and moving on from this dark chapter in our history.

Thirty seconds worth of Wikipedia research would have answered that question for you and saved us this latest edition of everyone's favorite show, "Talk A Ton But Say Very Little".
    Last edited by BCVM22; 5th February 2014 at 1:16 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

There are more people in Europe alone, much less Europe and Oceania combined, than there are in North America.
    Besides the random unnecessary insult, I said America, not North America.

You didn't change anything.

There are more people in Europe alone, much less Europe and Oceania combined, than there are in North America. It's that simple. Japan first for obvious reasons. Europe next because they're going to be the biggest and widest test. Once you've gotten through those regions with minimal bloodshed, you feel confident in releasing it in North America and moving on from this dark chapter in our history.

Thirty seconds worth of Wikipedia research would have answered that question for you and saved us this latest edition of everyone's favorite show, "Talk A Ton But Say Very Little".
    To be fair, Pokémon X/Y sold a little over 1M more in America than Europe. It did sell more here, so I guess it's understandable to complain that Europe got it first.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Wow. They nearly used the same sentence for the bank two weeks ago.

Friday is nearing here. That's the time when Pokemon gets thrown into the trash for Bravely Default.

Besides the random unnecessary insult, I said America, not North America.
    Irrelevant, unless you believe they would release it in America but not Canada or Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    so I guess it's understandable to complain that Europe got it first.
    No, it really isn't.

-----
    Words to|live by

Wow. We're on the verge of getting Bank out here in the States

and I still haven't bothered putting together my Box 1s

hopefully, Nintendus is aware of my snow day, and they'll release Bank here tomorrow

Last edited by Excitable Boy; 23rd February 2014 at 7:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Wait. I can buy $20 for $16 now? Awesome, or at least it would be if I had money. Man, right when I want to try new games, I'm missing out on a lot right now.

That aside, I would have to walk for an hour to the nearest Best Buy anyway. Because I can't drive
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Ok so there's this special deal going on where you can get a free downloadable copy of X or Y when you register your 3Ds and certain games. I'm thinking about doing it since I only have X and after all it's free, but my question is if I have a downloaded copy of a game and somehow my 3DS is damaged or lost, what happens to my game? am i able to somehow save my copy on a SD card or something?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Ok so there's this special deal going on where you can get a free downloadable copy of X or Y when you register your 3Ds and certain games. I'm thinking about doing it since I only have X and after all it's free, but my question is if I have a downloaded copy of a game and somehow my 3DS is damaged or lost, what happens to my game? am i able to somehow save my copy on a SD card or something?
    If a 3DS, or even a Wii U, with digital games installed gets damaged you lose the games. And it doesn't matter if you link another console to your Club Nintendo account or Nintendo Network. The games are really lost forever. Regardless I still buy most of my games on the eShop for the sake of convenience. I like to live dangerously I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    If a 3DS, or even a Wii U, with digital games installed gets damaged you lose the games. And it doesn't matter if you link another console to your Club Nintendo account or Nintendo Network. The games are really lost forever. Regardless I still buy most of my games on the eShop for the sake of convenience. I like to live dangerously I guess.
    If you contact Nintendo, they miiiiiight (depending on the case) allow you to redownload them. I've heard both ways.
    It's probably not that likely that your 3ds will get lost, damaged or stolen, but if you're really worried about it I wouldn't do so.

Oh, but all that said, if you back up the SD card to your computer and the SD Card breaks or you get a new one, you can just copy the data back over just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you contact Nintendo, they miiiiiight (depending on the case) allow you to redownload them. I've heard both ways.
    It's probably not that likely that your 3ds will get lost, damaged or stolen, but if you're really worried about it I wouldn't do so.

Oh, but all that said, if you back up the SD card to your computer and the SD Card breaks or you get a new one, you can just copy the data back over just fine.
    Yeah, I also heard about people getting their games back and stuff. Once I even emailed the costumer service because I was so curious and they just told me bluntly that "a game can only be downloaded and played in one console". But if I ever got mine stolen or something I would try to talk them into giving them back to me anyway.

There's a demo of Atlus's Conception II coming to the 3DS (as well as the Vita) on March 25th.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    There's a demo of Atlus's Conception II coming to the 3DS (as well as the Vita) on March 25th.

If you're into that sort of thing.
    Sweet. One of 3 games I'm getting in the foreseeable future, really not planning to get anything else until late May, so hopefully it's a reasonable length
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...for_13th_march

Here's to hoping they make NNID useful and bound games to our account. But It'll probably a disappointment and they'll just say that "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience".

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...for_13th_march

Here's to hoping they make NNID useful and bound games to our account. But It'll probably a disappointment and they'll just say that "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience".
    I am guessing that if it was anything as major as bounding games to account, they would have said as much.
    e: like, in the nintendo direct that was last month.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast