Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1542

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,121

    Default Pokemon Conquest Discussion

    'Pokemon what?' you say. Well, from Jump Festa and as reported on the site...
    Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game, "Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition" (ポケモン プラス ノブナガの野望), or "Pokemon Conquest" stateside, is due for release in Japan in 2012 on Nintendo DS. This game is an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation. This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but of course Pokémon ties in.
        Spoiler:- LARGE PICTURES:


    And some more on serebii.net you can see involving characters and their Pokemon and other screenshots.

    EDIT: Youtube 'trailer' video from a ds.


    Use this thread to discuss this new Pokemon game and your experiences playing it.
    Last edited by Profesco; 21st June 2012 at 12:39 AM.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    If this game was being release on the 3DS then maybe it might have come out of Japan but because it is being made on the DS I doubt that it will.

    Oh well at least the DS is region free unlike the 3DS. ¬_¬


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,378

    Default

    A Pokemon crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition?

    This can turn out to be really cool or really stupid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    And now there's a trailer of sorts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hxi4rdnOUbQ


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    I probably will buy this, seeing as I love both Pokemon and SRPGs, I just hope that they can port this out of Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre Master View Post
    And now there's a trailer of sorts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hxi4rdnOUbQ
    Okay, so I'm guessing the guy with the Zekrom is a bad guy and you're trying to take him down with a bunch of Pokemon. It seems that you'll start out with an Eevee with will probably get stronger as time goes on. And it also seems as Pokemon from all 5 gens are going to be in this game, now that makes me really excited.
    Last edited by Recon; 17th December 2011 at 2:50 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    475

    Default

    it is intresting that all the characters have a direct design from the toei games samurai and dynasty warrior games.

    i love pokemon games and i love the toei titles but i am not sure if mixing them is gonna be a good idea. to win me over they are gonna have to be very creative with this title.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gracidea Village
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I'm fairly positive we'll see this in US/EU. The only ones I can recall not being out here are Typing DS and Dungeon 3 (which Dungeon 3 was a joke of a game if anything).
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

    Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

    Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This can turn out to be really cool or really stupid.
    That's exactly what I thought. I never played nobunaga ambition, but still...

    I like some of the pictures, though.

    Edit: I think the people have stats to. That could be interesting.

    My first impression was that it was going to be stupid, but the more I look at it, the better impression it's making on me.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th December 2011 at 3:11 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    I'm fairly positive we'll see this in US/EU. The only ones I can recall not being out here are Typing DS and Dungeon 3 (which Dungeon 3 was a joke of a game if anything).
    It's a game in a series (Nobunaga's Ambition) that has minimal presence in the West, it's undoubtedly a text-heavy title (requiring lots of translation and rewriting) and it's for hardware that's slowly fading away.

    If one wanted to make the case that this game's crossing of the Pacific is in question, the case is there to be made.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gracidea Village
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's a game in a series (Nobunaga's Ambition) that has minimal presence in the West, it's undoubtedly a text-heavy title (requiring lots of translation and rewriting) and it's for hardware that's slowly fading away.

    If one wanted to make the case that this game's crossing of the Pacific is in question, the case is there to be made.
    This could get the US interested in it. Like Melee did for Fire Emblem, no? Promote it with a stronger franchise and never know, this other series could gain popularity here. Would be a smart business move by Nintendo.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

    Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

    Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    Would be a smart business move by Nintendo.
    What spending money on translation and re-writing a game for a hardware that Nintendo slowing cutting off support for.

    The game isn't going to leave Japan shore at all.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  12. #12

    Default

    Meh, at least we're getting sweet-looking official Pokemon artwork. I want to see my Lucario already.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    What spending money on translation and re-writing a game for a hardware that Nintendo slowing cutting off support for.

    The game isn't going to leave Japan shore at all.
    Why is it for the DS anyway? I thought any other Pokemon type game wouldn't be on the DS but the 3DS. Isn't that what someone tried to argue, or were they specifically referring to main Pokemon games?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    @wiiboychris: And my Riolu!

    This looks so awesome! I really do hope it releases outside of Japan. I would love to try out a new kind of Pokemon game.

        Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

    __________
    Twitter

  15. #15

    Default

    This looks pretty cool. It's very different, but it has some potential.

    Though it's disappointing that is wasn't PMD 3

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Unova
    Posts
    619

    Default

    in time we will see how this game will turn out, I like the idea of something different for change not MD, Ranger or catch Pokemon and battle gyms
    CLAIMS
    "updating"
    UR NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER![/CENTER]
    INFO -plz support me thanks-
    Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
    Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
    Red 3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442
    PM if u add me Plz and Ty

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayleafqween View Post
    This looks pretty cool. It's very different, but it has some potential.

    Though it's disappointing that is wasn't PMD 3
    You mean PMD: Friendship is Magic?

    Ugh, I hate how the PMD's script is extremely sappy.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,378

    Default

    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/ranse/

    The official site is up, but it doesn't have much on it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    436

    Default

    I'm fairly sure that they are going to screw this game up badly. The fact that this looks like it's taking place in pre-modern Japan is annoying; especially since Mewtwo isn't supposed to exist yet.
    SPP PASBL B- Ref
    Wins-0 Loses-1 KO- TP-6

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogla View Post
    I'm fairly sure that they are going to screw this game up badly. The fact that this looks like it's taking place in pre-modern Japan is annoying; especially since Mewtwo isn't supposed to exist yet.
    It's a fantasy game, why does it matter?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Just thought I would point a few things out that the main site left off.

    The man with the Infernape is Hideyoshi Hashiba/Toyotomi (depending on which name they will use). He was Nobunaga's right hand man, also called "The Monkey". He was also the one to take over Nobunaga's army after Nobunaga was killed.

    Oichi, the girl with Jigglypuff, was Nobunaga's daughter.

    Shingen Takeda, the one with Groudon, and Kenshin Uesegi, the one with Mewtwo, were arch-rival's.

    The one with Articuno is named Mitsuhide Aketchi, he was part of Nobunaga's army, however; he was also the one to betray Nobunaga and killed him.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's a fantasy game, why does it matter?
    Why does anything about Pokemon matter, either it does or it doesn't. I'm on this forum so you can safely start with the assumption that I care about the games. Because I care about the games I'd prefer they'd align with cannon if they're trying to set forth a story. I'd prefer the game to not give off the appearance that it's a poorly written fan-fic.
    SPP PASBL B- Ref
    Wins-0 Loses-1 KO- TP-6

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogla View Post
    I'm fairly sure that they are going to screw this game up badly. The fact that this looks like it's taking place in pre-modern Japan is annoying; especially since Mewtwo isn't supposed to exist yet.
    I don't mind really, I actually like things that aren't politically correct and besides, it's a spin-off from the main franchise, so it isn't considered canon.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frogla View Post
    Why does anything about Pokemon matter, either it does or it doesn't. I'm on this forum so you can safely start with the assumption that I care about the games. Because I care about the games I'd prefer they'd align with cannon if they're trying to set forth a story. I'd prefer the game to not give off the appearance that it's a poorly written fan-fic.
    Except we might be talking about a universe, where Team Rocket don't even exist (or won't exist), so what's the problem of it being set it an alternate universe?

    Mewtwo is a Pokemon, regardless if it was genetically made. It should have every right to show up, regardless of it breaking canon or not.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except we might be talking about a universe, where Team Rocket don't even exist (or won't exist), so what's the problem of it being set it an alternate universe?

    Mewtwo is a Pokemon, regardless if it was genetically made. It should have every right to show up, regardless of it breaking canon or not.
    It's not a huge problem, just lack of consideration. It happens to the best.
    SPP PASBL B- Ref
    Wins-0 Loses-1 KO- TP-6

Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •