Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

Jus talked to Toys r us. He said no one in Vegas got it. He said he talked to someone at best buy that the release date got shifted to 6/25 like the site itself says so they said try next week. This sucks
    Jay the Red Ace (JP, Jared, & Jace)
    aka the Late Nite Trader
    OTs: JP, Jayred8, Redace9
    White FC:0776 4217 9859
    3DS LL FC(RedAce9):5172-0911-7988 (ROCK- Pupitar, Nosepass, Rhydon)
    3DS XL FC(jayp7):2191-7641-6658 (GHOST- shuppet, pumpkaboo,???)

Anyone know how to find out the other condition to recruiting special warriors... ? I can't find the condition in the menu or anything. The booklet says "in order to recruit special warriors, there is one extra condition in addition to the above 3..."

Also as far as the "Motonari or Motochika" question you just have to wait until later, I have 6 kingdoms atm and my event just popped so its just an event that happens after a specific time I guess.

To whomever was wondering if the game is region locked, I can say that it is indeed locked on the DSi and DSi XL/LL. Color me disappointed on that one, and thank Arceus I have an American 3DS.
    Someone with a passion for video games, writing, and reading. Remember, every story has a purpose, even if it's hard to find. That's what makes the adventure so exciting.

I use what I like, and play by the Worlds rules (meaning OHKO, Evasion, et alia. are allowed). I don't care about EVs or IVs, or the community-based competitive rules and metagame. Take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstar View Post
    Anyone know how to find out the other condition to recruiting special warriors... ?
    Some warriors can only be recruited after finishing the game.

So, are the passwords posted on the Serebii main page working for people? Because I've entered a few, but each time it gives me some message saying "some events haven't happened yet". Does this mean that at a later date those passwords will be recognized, or do I have to beat the game first?

I only ask because the Dratini password included in the booklet worked fine.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

My password option is still greyed out. How do you unlock the password option?

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    My password option is still greyed out. How do you unlock the password option?
    When you reach the second set of nations (Pugilis, Violight, Crysalia), that option is unlocked.

So it's out in America, comes out in Australia in a day's time and STILL no announcement for Europe...

I might just import an Australian copy before the first Wi-Fi event for it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So it's out in America, comes out in Australia in a day's time and STILL no announcement for Europe...

I might just import an Australian copy before the first Wi-Fi event for it ends.
    Be wary on that. It may be region locked. I'm actually not able to play my American copy of Conquest on my Japanese DSi LL.
    Someone with a passion for video games, writing, and reading. Remember, every story has a purpose, even if it's hard to find. That's what makes the adventure so exciting.

I use what I like, and play by the Worlds rules (meaning OHKO, Evasion, et alia. are allowed). I don't care about EVs or IVs, or the community-based competitive rules and metagame. Take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by TeraDyne View Post
    Be wary on that. It may be region locked. I'm actually not able to play my American copy of Conquest on my Japanese DSi LL.
    Australia and Europe both use PAL format, so I'll definitely be able to play an Australian copy.

Australia and Europe both use PAL format, so I'll definitely be able to play an Australian copy.
    NTSC and PAL don't come into play on handhelds. Region locks are done through entirely different means. You still very much run the risk.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    NTSC and PAL don't come into play on handhelds. Region locks are done through entirely different means. You still very much run the risk.
    Oh, that's right, it's EUR for Europe, isn't it.

Of course, the point still stands that it'll still play on any DS.

Of course, there's still the question of whether an American/Australian copy will work with an EU 3DS, as the only people I've seen talking about region locks were Japanese to American and vice versa.
    Last edited by Blazios; 19th June 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quick question, if you dismiss a standard warrior, can you get them back later on or are they gone forever? I'm assuming the former, though with their original pokemon and Link Power.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Are you sure? The DSi/3DS lock out system isn't dependent on local TV format.

But Given that it's a DS game, that works on a original DS or DS lite, you can play it on them, even if it is region locked.

The only way I know if it's going to be region locked if it has TWL or NTR at the beginning of the Code on the actual DS card label
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Targets now finally have em available in Vegas
    Jay the Red Ace (JP, Jared, & Jace)
    aka the Late Nite Trader
    OTs: JP, Jayred8, Redace9
    White FC:0776 4217 9859
    3DS LL FC(RedAce9):5172-0911-7988 (ROCK- Pupitar, Nosepass, Rhydon)
    3DS XL FC(jayp7):2191-7641-6658 (GHOST- shuppet, pumpkaboo,???)

No problem with getting the games in Northern Illinois, the GameStop I visited had plenty. This game is great so far, it's got a bit more strategy than I'm used to, I lost to Greenleaf because they got the last banner when I wasn't looking.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I'd like to note that some of the "stores don't have the game" problem is apparently due to a lack of supply. I'm friends with a senior editor on a small gaming site (I won't link to it unless given permission), and he wasn't even able to get a review copy due to a lack of said review copies, and some stores here won't even get pre-ordered copies until the 26th.

The gamestop I went to had one extra copy and it was shipped overnight.

Funny thing is, the guy said they didn't have any, and it was supposed to come tomorrow, after a bit of persuasion, I got him to check and what do you know, UPS dropped it off overnight and the package was sitting at the check-out desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    So, are the passwords posted on the Serebii main page working for people? Because I've entered a few, but each time it gives me some message saying "some events haven't happened yet". Does this mean that at a later date those passwords will be recognized, or do I have to beat the game first?

I only ask because the Dratini password included in the booklet worked fine.
    Some won't be available until later on else it'd overpower you

So I'm guessing there's still no confirmation whether a US version will play on an EU 3DS? Some people state that DS games will, but seeing as this is DSi enhanced, it won't? I'd order it to play on my original DS, but that's so borked up that I have to prop it up on a table and not be able to move it.

2 questions:

1. How often to Swarms occur?
    2. Is there a way to tell which Ability my Eevee will get when it evolves? (Like do all Eevees with Celebration get Insight as Espeon, or is it random?)
        Spoiler:- Outdated SS Progress (Might update soon):

99.8% of people don't care that you're special.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_paul View Post
    So I'm guessing there's still no confirmation whether a US version will play on an EU 3DS? Some people state that DS games will, but seeing as this is DSi enhanced, it won't? I'd order it to play on my original DS, but that's so borked up that I have to prop it up on a table and not be able to move it.
    "Teradyne: To whomever was wondering if the game is region locked, I can say that it is indeed locked on the DSi and DSi XL/LL. Color me disappointed on that one, and thank Arceus I have an American 3DS."

From page 28.
    BTW, thanks Teradyne for the answer

Could I get a little more specific help on how to evolve Pokemon? I'm not really sure how to go about it.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Well, I just found a shortcut that allowed me to bypass a very small portion of the game, but I feel that spoiler alerts are needed. So:
        Spoiler:- :

So it seems Nintendo/Tecmo Koei are limiting stocks because of how the game may not impact the Pokemon fans. Accompanied by this and video game sites giving this game a rather EXCELLENT scoring, they shouldn't fail on sales (speculation, though). THANKFULLY, I got my copy this afternoon and are playing it (<3). I'm enjoying it to the max. Characters are wonderful, the script is awesome and the presentation is a bit "Meh.", but the characters make you get over that. Keeping in mind that there first US wi-fi event is live. I was HAPPY to have both Grass and Water Warlords (I'm bad with Japanese names, so correct me if I'm wrong, but are they Motohori and Ma-something? xD). Besides their Pokemon, they're both awesome characters so I'm happy to have them.

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast