Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Just picked this game up yesterday, and loving it immensely. I've only conquered five kingdoms (plus Aurora), so I'm still kinda n00bish.

Anywho, how do I recruit Yoshimoto? I have him in the Bug-themed kingdom, and I can defeat him on the second turn, but he never joins me. This isn't my initial battle with him, I have both the protagonist and Oichi with me, and the Warrior who defeats him one-shots his Pineco with an SE move on the second turn. Does he join me randomly? Or do I have to progress further into the game?
    There's your problem; to recruit Warlords, you need to beat them with other Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
    There's your problem; to recruit Warlords, you need to beat them with other Warlords.
    So I have to use either myself or Oichi?

Damn. This could be difficult, given my Fire-type Warrior's love of critting.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 22nd June 2012 at 5:26 PM.

Yeah I haven't been able to recruit many warlords aside from the ones basically given to me :P
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Aha! No I didn't. Must have missed that somehow. Thank you so much! This was making me nuts and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. XD I literally made a Serebii account to get this question answered.

Sweet, just got Yoshimoto and Ginchiyo. Thanks for the tip!

Just picked this game up yesterday, and loving it immensely. I've only conquered five kingdoms (plus Aurora), so I'm still kinda n00bish.

Anywho, how do I recruit Yoshimoto? I have him in the Bug-themed kingdom, and I can defeat him on the second turn, but he never joins me. This isn't my initial battle with him, I have both the protagonist and Oichi with me, and the Warrior who defeats him one-shots his Pineco with an SE move on the second turn. Does he join me randomly? Or do I have to progress further into the game?
    I finally got it after trying a few times. Mainly, you need to fulfill 2 criterias. The first one is fulfilling one of the 3 criterias needed to recruit standard warriors. (super effective KO, 4 turn defeat, defeat with none of allies taking damage). The 2nd criteria that you need to fulfill is that the warlord MUST be KO-ed by another warlord. (oichi, yourself, etc)
    It is good when you have a warlord who can super effective KO the other warlord. If not, the easy way is to have the warlords/yourself recruit a pokemon that can super effective KO the pokemon of the warlord that you want to recruit.
    Another method which I also use is to aim for the warlord first and try to defeat in 4 turns plus making sure that its another warlord which does the KO

So.... anyone knows if linked pokemon will stay with their partners even AFTER the main story line?
    Lance and Steven, MY 2 FAVOURITE CHAMPS!!!!!
    Oh ya, and this is my devianart gallery link!!http://wingsofimagination.deviantart.com/gallery/
    feel free to visit !!!

Please click to help the dragon hatchling grow up and my new egg hatch! Here's plenty of thanks and a cookie

Wait, SE KO counts for Warlords? I thought you could only use the four turns method or the no damage method. Sweet.

Also, another question - do I have to use myself and Oichi for kingdom takeovers? Or is there a point when I can stop? I am seriously not looking forward to Terrera if I have use the Normal types.

Oh, and one other thing - what's Energy do, and how does it differ from Link strength? Energy is only temporary, right?
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 22nd June 2012 at 6:21 PM.

Yeah. It is possible as long as the SE KO is from a warlord's pokemon.
    And as far as I know, in the main story line you must always bring along oichi and yourself. Not sure if you can switch your partner pokemon cus if you can, it'll make things a lot easier. just go form a link with a non-normal type pokemon
    I managed to capture Pugilis and recruit yoshihiro by SE KO-ing his gurgurr with motonori's ralts
    Lance and Steven, MY 2 FAVOURITE CHAMPS!!!!!
    Oh ya, and this is my devianart gallery link!!http://wingsofimagination.deviantart.com/gallery/
    feel free to visit !!!

Please click to help the dragon hatchling grow up and my new egg hatch! Here's plenty of thanks and a cookie

Argh! My Kirlia still won't evolve into Gallade! I have the Dawn Stone equipped and I had it defeat a Pokemon owned by a trainer...warrior...whatever, and still no Gallade. Why?? Why no evolve?!

Quote Originally Posted by KylaEwens View Post
    Argh! My Kirlia still won't evolve into Gallade! I have the Dawn Stone equipped and I had it defeat a Pokemon owned by a trainer...warrior...whatever, and still no Gallade. Why?? Why no evolve?!
    Are you using the item, instead of just holding it? Is your Link high enough?

Are you using the item, instead of just holding it? Is your Link high enough?
    According to Serebii.net the only requirement is the Dawn stone. There's no required link level listed. And I can't activate it during battle, so I assume it's like the other stones where it activates after the fight? So frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Yami_Wheeler View Post
    Anyone know how to get the ability "Fast Runner" onto Sceptile? Serebii makes it seem as if a "Nimble" Treecko will change into it when it evolves, but since Sceptile also gets "Nimble", IDK. It's confusing. I'm going under the assumption that whatever is listed as "Ability #1" on a Pokemon will become "Ability #1" listed on the evolved Pokemon.
    In one of the later kingdoms, there is a water fountain place where you can pay 5000-10000 Gold to change your Pokemon's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Faraway_Mew View Post
    Just wanna clarify something. The linked pokemon will stay with their linked person forever right? Even after that wipe-out effect after you complete the main story line? Will the link points between these warriors/warlords reset? What about evolved pokemon?
    Linked pokemon and there current evolution state will be kept, the link seems to be reset to match the story you're in so you aren't over/under-leveled.
        Spoiler:- Outdated SS Progress (Might update soon):

99.8% of people don't care that you're special.

Quick question: Is it possible to evolve warlords other than the player before beating the story for the first time? My only evolution so far has been my player. According to Serebii, I've met the evolution requirements for Yoshihiro, Yoshimoto, Ginchiyo, Kunoichi, Yukimura, Kanetsugu, and Muneshige, but they still won't evolve. All of them have more than high enough links, but they still won't evolve. All that I have left to do is defeat Nobunaga himself, so I was trying to get these evolutions done first if possible. And yes, I've kept Ginchiyo and Muneshige on opposite sides of the region: Muneshige is in Greenleaf while Ginchiyo is in Spectra. I've also made sure to keep Yukimura in the same nation as Shingen and Kanetsugu with Kenshin. Can someone please help me with this?

Also, I still need a Moon Stone, Dawn Stone, and Razor Claw to evolve Oichi's Jigglypuff, Aya's Snorunt, and Kunoichi's Sneasel. Is it true that those can only be obtained from the Traveling Merchant? And if so, is there any guaranteed way of meeting the merchant?
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 22nd June 2012 at 8:55 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Quick question: Is it possible to evolve warlords other than the player before beating the story for the first time? My only evolution so far has been my player. According to Serebii, I've met the evolution requirements for Yoshihiro, Yoshimoto, Ginchiyo, Kunoichi, Yukimura, Kanetsugu, and Muneshige, but they still won't evolve. All of them have more than high enough links, but they still won't evolve. All that I have left to do is defeat Nobunaga himself, so I was trying to get these evolutions done first if possible. And yes, I've kept Ginchiyo and Muneshige on opposite sides of the region: Muneshige is in Greenleaf while Ginchiyo is in Spectra. I've also made sure to keep Yukimura in the same nation as Shingen and Kanetsugu with Kenshin. Can someone please help me with this?

Also, I still need a Moon Stone, Dawn Stone, and Razor Claw to evolve Oichi's Jigglypuff, Aya's Snorunt, and Kunoichi's Sneasel. Is it true that those can only be obtained from the Traveling Merchant? And if so, is there any guaranteed way of meeting the merchant?
    I'm not sure about the Warlord transformations, it may be restricted to post-game stories. As for the travelling merchant, I think the encounter is random, but you can get those items from him for 5000 gold each. I met with him twice within the Main Story.

Anybody know how delegations work? And how much training delegations improve the Link?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by Faraway_Mew View Post
    And as far as I know, in the main story line you must always bring along oichi and yourself. Not sure if you can switch your partner pokemon cus if you can, it'll make things a lot easier. just go form a link with a non-normal type pokemon
    I think it's possible. Can you delink a Pokemon later, though, if you want to fill your capacity? I intend to use the Eevee swarm code to give my hero all seven Eeveelutions, plus Arceus, and I don't want to link with something only to be still be stuck with it at the game's end.

Anybody know how delegations work? And how much training delegations improve the Link?
    Train: Improves the Link between trainers, making the Pokemon stronger, indicated by the 5th symbol, a dumbbell. (Not sure by how much, but sometimes not at all)
    Search: Every once in awhile, the warriors in your kingdom will link with a Pokemon, indicated by the second symbol, a Pichu head. Also there is a chance to recruit another warrior, indicated by the 1st symbol, a warrior profile.
    Develop: Has a chance to make money, indicated by the 3rd symbol, a coin. Also has a chance to increase the energy (The little coloured arrow near the Pokemon's picture) of the partner Pokemon, but it's not indicated by any symbol.

I think it's possible. Can you delink a Pokemon later, though, if you want to fill your capacity? I intend to use the Eevee swarm code to give my hero all seven Eeveelutions, plus Arceus, and I don't want to link with something only to be still be stuck with it at the game's end.
    Once you reach a warrior's capacity, you have the choice to de-link with a Pokemon when you link with another.
    P.S. The Eevee swarm code can only be used once, and only lasts in-game month, so you may only have your Hero link with one other Eevee, though you can have other warriors link with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon96 View Post
    The Eevee swarm code can only be used once, and only lasts in-game month, so you may only have your Hero link with one other Eevee, though you can have other warriors link with the others.
    Yes, but doesn't it make multiple Eevees appear?

Yes, but doesn't it make multiple Eevees appear?
    Yes, only for 1 month/turn, an your Hero can only go into battle once, and it seems that you can only link once per warrior per battle.

Wait, SE KO counts for Warlords? I thought you could only use the four turns method or the no damage method. Sweet.

Also, another question - do I have to use myself and Oichi for kingdom takeovers? Or is there a point when I can stop? I am seriously not looking forward to Terrera if I have use the Normal types.

Oh, and one other thing - what's Energy do, and how does it differ from Link strength? Energy is only temporary, right?
    You will always have to use yourself and Oichi, and they have to be in the same nation I believe. However, like what FarawayMew suggested, you could go link up with a non-normal type pokemon, though Terrera is honestly not a hard one to take over.
    Take 6 pokemon that can move long distances, including yourself and Oichi (eevee is nice since you can boost its range anyways with Top Speed or Courage)
    Upon entering the battle, you will see 3 towers with elevators and a banner on each, and you much capture all 3 to win.
    You just send 2 units to the left, 2 to the middle and 2 to the right, but just meander around the base of it where you can easily get to the elevator, and don't get on, let them get on first.
    Around turn 3, there will be a strong gust that will blow anything on the towers down, and they might not have captured anything yet, thats when you move in and take all 3 at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by KylaEwens View Post
    According to Serebii.net the only requirement is the Dawn stone. There's no required link level listed. And I can't activate it during battle, so I assume it's like the other stones where it activates after the fight? So frustrating!
    Yes it would only activate after the fight, like the other item evolutions.
    It might just be that the warrior isn't fit for linking with Kirlia, I know my Scyther and Sneasel didn't evolve since the warriors they were with had best link types no where near what they were. That might be a factor.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    You will always have to use yourself and Oichi, and they have to be in the same nation I believe. However, like what FarawayMew suggested, you could go link up with a non-normal type pokemon, though Terrera is honestly not a hard one to take over.
    Yeah, I just took it like two hours ago. Thanks for typing all that anyway, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon96 View Post
    Train: Improves the Link between trainers, making the Pokemon stronger, indicated by the 5th symbol, a dumbbell. (Not sure by how much, but sometimes not at all)
    Search: Every once in awhile, the warriors in your kingdom will link with a Pokemon, indicated by the second symbol, a Pichu head. Also there is a chance to recruit another warrior, indicated by the 1st symbol, a warrior profile.
    Develop: Has a chance to make money, indicated by the 3rd symbol, a coin. Also has a chance to increase the energy (The little coloured arrow near the Pokemon's picture) of the partner Pokemon, but it's not indicated by any symbol.
    I understand what they do; I wanted to know how much the training helped. Thanks for the help, though!
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I understand what they do; I wanted to know how much the training helped. Thanks for the help, though!
    If it helps, I noticed that their strength increases by one-three points when in Training.

got a password from Club Nintendo today (June 22)

Croagunk - LKpk8FRQRS

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast