Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

So, is this game truly the best Pokémon spin-off, or was that just a bluff?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    It is for me right up there with the Pokémon Ranger series and the TCG. But that's just my option though.

Honestly, you have to be more interested in the genre than the Pokemon theme really get hooked. It's a strategy RPG, so if you like games like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, then you'll really love this game. I'd maybe watch some YouTube gameplay to help decide if the game is something you'd be interested in.
        Spoiler:- Outdated SS Progress (Might update soon):

99.8% of people don't care that you're special.

I love every little thing about this game. It's difficult, but has a steady learning curve that keeps you wanting to play. I'm currently in the... I suppose third phase of the game where you must conquer the first four of Nobunga's armies (currently working on Viperia). My team is as follows:

Hero (Me): Eevee
    Oichi: Dragonair
    Motochika: Dewott
    Takatora: Charizard
    Rikyu: Darmanitan
    Takakage: Grovyle

Yes, I know most of the warriors are randomly generated, but I put them in just for consistency, the Pokemon are what really matter here. So far I'm doing okay, but I've noticed a lack of ghost Pokemon to this point. They will probably appear in the kingdoms that come before Nobunga.

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

It's up there with PMD and Colloseum/XDGoD. It's more Nobunaga's Ambition than it is Pokemon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CPainter307 View Post
    So far I'm doing okay, but I've noticed a lack of ghost Pokemon to this point. They will probably appear in the kingdoms that come before Nobunga.
    You know how there are 17 kingdoms?

Yeah.

It is pretty awesome. My favorite spin-offs are still the PMD games, but I'd rank this second along with the Ranger games and the second Pokepark.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I am trying to do the Befriend Motonari and Motochika! episode and I am trying to befriend Motonari and I can't figure out how. I have defeated Motonari's Snivy in less than 4 turns but after the battle, but he didn't want to join me. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mawo123 View Post
    I am trying to do the Befriend Motonari and Motochika! episode and I am trying to befriend Motonari and I can't figure out how. I have defeated Motonari's Snivy in less than 4 turns but after the battle, but he didn't want to join me. why?
    It's because you get both of them AFTER you conquer both of their kingdoms. xD

Ok thanks . Sorry I'm stupid

And also is there an official strategy guide for this game?

Hey guys, I messed up on getting a Dratini when I used my password. If I delete my save data, can I use it again?

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Mawo123 View Post
    And also is there an official strategy guide for this game?
    I do not believe there is, but I would certainly love one. The game has so much depth that I would love to read on how to strategize, where to find certain pokemon, and other such things.

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    Hey guys, I messed up on getting a Dratini when I used my password. If I delete my save data, can I use it again?
    You mean delete everything you've accomplished up to this point? Yes, but it's something of an overreaction. If you didn't save after entering it, you can turn of the power and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by CPainter307 View Post
    I do not believe there is, but I would certainly love one. The game has so much depth that I would love to read on how to strategize, where to find certain pokemon, and other such things.
    You know that the main site has all this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    You mean delete everything you've accomplished up to this point? Yes, but it's something of an overreaction. If you didn't save after entering it, you can turn of the power and try again.
    That wasn't why I was restarting, I was restarting anyway and was just wondering. Thanks, by the way.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

This game is fun to restart, anyways. :v

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    I treat the Password Pokemon like main-game Legendaries: "Always remember to save before you try to catch them" lol. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the code will work again when you restart the game, because the codes are universal. Anyway, that's not the only way to get a Dratini. They are available in the wild after you conquer Nixtorm and Dragnor.

EDIT: I was just wondering, are these 200 Pokemon the only Pokemon this game will get? Are there any rumors of getting Pokemon via dlc? 200 just seems like a low number of Pokemon considering there are 659 Pokemon in all. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has heard any kind of rumors about dlc?
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 24th June 2012 at 5:47 AM.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    I treat the Password Pokemon like main-game Legendaries: "Always remember to save before you try to catch them" lol. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the code will work again when you restart the game, because the codes are universal. Anyway, that's not the only way to get a Dratini. They are available in the wild after you conquer Nixtorm and Dragnor.

EDIT: I was just wondering, are these 200 Pokemon the only Pokemon this game will get? Are there any rumors of getting Pokemon via dlc? 200 just seems like a low number of Pokemon considering there are 659 Pokemon in all. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has heard any kind of rumors about dlc?
    Yeah, it seems like these passwords aren't like downloadable events for the main series games, where you get something unique that you can't get elsewhere, they're just little bonuses. I mean I didn't even use the password to befriend the Warlords of Greenleaf and Fontaine, but I still got them in one of the post-game stories.

And I haven't heard of DLC that was to include new Pokemon, and 200 does seem small. But if you think about, it's not as small as 200 Pokemon in a main series game, because each evolution has there own unique attack and abilities, and so they feel different from each other, whereas the main games, evolution just means you get buffed stats.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    Are there any rumors of getting Pokemon via dlc? Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has heard any kind of rumors about dlc?
    Rumors are without value, in anything.

That aside, this isn't a title or a platform that would support such content. What you see is what you get.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

really confused about tension. What exactly does it do? What is the arrow thing beside the pokemon about? :O
    Lance and Steven, MY 2 FAVOURITE CHAMPS!!!!!
    Oh ya, and this is my devianart gallery link!!http://wingsofimagination.deviantart.com/gallery/
    feel free to visit !!!

Please click to help the dragon hatchling grow up and my new egg hatch! Here's plenty of thanks and a cookie

Quit on my objective to get an Umbreon; I needed an Eevee with 70% link power. :/ Anywho, Nobunaga is a cool character and all but I don't like how he speaks in 3rd person.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it's just really difficult to navigate through a huge thread like this.

I'm not sure how pokemon abilities pass on when they evolve.

Take let's say in the case of Abra (can refer to the whole pokemon conquest list here http://www.serebii.net/conquest/pokemon.shtml).

If I wanted an Alakazam with regenerative body, would I need to an Abra with Sympathy because it corresponds to the order in which the abilities are displayed in? Or do I still get regenerative body on abra and this ability will hopefully pass onto Alazakam?

So say i want to reset my Conquest game, what buttons do i press on the main menu to do so?

Ive pressed every button combo i can think of

Quote Originally Posted by IntuitionaL View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but it's just really difficult to navigate through a huge thread like this.

I'm not sure how pokemon abilities pass on when they evolve.

Take let's say in the case of Abra (can refer to the whole pokemon conquest list here http://www.serebii.net/conquest/pokemon.shtml).

If I wanted an Alakazam with regenerative body, would I need to an Abra with Sympathy because it corresponds to the order in which the abilities are displayed in? Or do I still get regenerative body on abra and this ability will hopefully pass onto Alazakam?
    I'm not sure how they pass on either, but eventually you will find a Kingdom with a Fountain-looking place. Go there with your Pokemon to change it's ability (you get to choose) for 5000-10000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    So say i want to reset my Conquest game, what buttons do i press on the main menu to do so?

Ive pressed every button combo i can think of
    Hold down A+B+X+Y at the company logo.

Does anyone know of a text-only version of the pages detailing the Best Links for Warriors and Warlords? I know Serebii has a page, but I'm looking for one that's text-only.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Does anyone know of a text-only version of the pages detailing the Best Links for Warriors and Warlords? I know Serebii has a page, but I'm looking for one that's text-only.
    Does this work for you?

Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast