Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

Kinda, but I was looking for something more complete. Thanks anyway, though.

Can Warlords only level up in their own story?
    what doesn't kill me will make me stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Faraway_Mew View Post
    really confused about tension. What exactly does it do? What is the arrow thing beside the pokemon about? :O
    Tension, Energy, whatever you want to call it, affects the Pokemon's battle performance. To put it simply, if the Pokemon is happy(arrow pointing up), it'll be more powerful. If the Pokemon is unhappy(arrow pointing down), it'll be weaker until its trainer improves its Energy.

My question is, how can I go about getting six more Eevees for my hero? I know that I wouldn't have enough slots to do so now(just conquered Cragspur), but before I evolve my starter into Jolteon, I want the assurance that I can still have an Espeon someday. But where I'm at now, from my understanding, Eevee is only available to me as a password Pokemon and they're only around for a month, not nearly long enough to go in and link with all of them. Is there, like, some sort of trading mechanic between the warriors so that they can arrange for Pokemon with better links with them? Or do I just need to suck it up until and unless the ones I want are available in the wild? Cause I'd really love to have ALL of the Eeveelutions on my hero, to really abuse my Best Link with so many different types.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    Tension, Energy, whatever you want to call it, affects the Pokemon's battle performance. To put it simply, if the Pokemon is happy(arrow pointing up), it'll be more powerful. If the Pokemon is unhappy(arrow pointing down), it'll be weaker until its trainer improves its Energy.

My question is, how can I go about getting six more Eevees for my hero? I know that I wouldn't have enough slots to do so now(just conquered Cragspur), but before I evolve my starter into Jolteon, I want the assurance that I can still have an Espeon someday. But where I'm at now, from my understanding, Eevee is only available to me as a password Pokemon and they're only around for a month, not nearly long enough to go in and link with all of them. Is there, like, some sort of trading mechanic between the warriors so that they can arrange for Pokemon with better links with them? Or do I just need to suck it up until and unless the ones I want are available in the wild? Cause I'd really love to have ALL of the Eeveelutions on my hero, to really abuse my Best Link with so many different types.
    Actually, sometimes, there will be a swarm of Eevees in a couple nations where you can link up with them. It's rare, but I've gotten a few Eevees that way. So far I have 3, Flareon, Vaporeon, and a normal Eevee which I plan on becoming a Umbreon when I recruit my main character again in the post-game.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by blakeoo7 View Post
    I'm not sure, it doesn't mention anything on Serebii (whereas Oichi is stated to be post-story only).

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post

So tension is the same as energy? I thought it was something else, not sure what though.

Anyways, it seems like the Password can only get you 1 extra Eevee for your Hero, and the rest will have to wait for random Swarms. There is no trading Pokemon between warriors.
        Spoiler:- Outdated SS Progress (Might update soon):

99.8% of people don't care that you're special.

Thanks for answering my question.

I wish there -was- a method of trading, though. I accidentally caught two of my password Scythers on guys who can only get up to 28% link with them awhile back, and it would be cool to be able to fix that little mistake and make better use of them.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by blakeoo7 View Post
    I believe they can, only if they meet the requirements, as I have already evolved Aya.

If I were doing the Mitsuhide Episode and managed to link with Articuno (which is extremely annoying) and lost the scenario (because who has time for upgrading stuff and recruiting and conquering the entire region in 3 years) would he still keep Articuno for future play throughs? also, am I the only one who has been filled with rage by this game, despite the fact I love it.
    Last edited by xsedr; 24th June 2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

Quote Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
    Quit on my objective to get an Umbreon; I needed an Eevee with 70% link power. :/ Anywho, Nobunaga is a cool character and all but I don't like how he speaks in 3rd person.
    I really liked Nobunga too, but you're right, the third person thing makes him seem... ignorant for someone who's supposed to be the master warlord. Then again, I haven't finished the game yet, so who knows?

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CPainter307 View Post
    I really liked Nobunga too, but you're right, the third person thing makes him seem... ignorant for someone who's supposed to be the master warlord. Then again, I haven't finished the game yet, so who knows?
    Perhaps speaking in third person alludes to his apparent superiority complex? It's like he's too superior that he needs to talk in third person to try and impress people and intimidate them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsedr View Post
    also, am I the only one who has been filled with rage by this game, despite the fact I love it.
    I am in the same boat, but it's because I get the worst hax. I was battling a friend and everything seemed to go his way, while very few things would go his way. I should've beaten him, too, despite my strength rating being roughly 200 lower than his. I was screaming profanities at that point, but I still love this game.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Hmm, I'm trying to evolve my Scyther and my Kadabra, but I'm confused as to what "Battle Warrior" means. I've scoured the internets, but nobody really has any definitive say on it. I read somewhere that it means, in Scyther's case, to kill a warlord with the metal coat attached, but I've done that several times and it hasn't happened. Same with defeating warlords with my Kadabra. It's weird I don't get ittt.

Quote Originally Posted by DL-Ghirahim View Post
    Perhaps speaking in third person alludes to his apparent superiority complex? It's like he's too superior that he needs to talk in third person to try and impress people and intimidate them.
    That's a very good point. You're probably very extra right. It's just, that when people speak in 3rd person, it always makes them seem sort of unaware of how to speak, which in retrospect makes me sound very nitpicky. I still like Nobunga as a character, and in general love Conquest's Story.

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by xsedr View Post
    If I were doing the Mitsuhide Episode and managed to link with Articuno (which is extremely annoying) and lost the scenario (because who has time for upgrading stuff and recruiting and conquering the entire region in 3 years) would he still keep Articuno for future play throughs? also, am I the only one who has been filled with rage by this game, despite the fact I love it.
    I was able to beat that scenario pretty easily, though I did not get the opportunity to link with Articuno. But before I digress too much, I believe he will keep the Articuno for future playthroughs. If there's one scenario that makes me rage though, it's Hideyoshi's. So many warlords, and so many possible ways for them to invade you, displacing so many of your warriors, making you rage so hard. Kenshin was a pain.

So...Joltik needs it's Speed at 84 to evolve. If I remember correctly, I have one with it's speed around 68. Do I just have to do major grinding to get it's stats high enough? O_o
    Check out my Pokemon blog: Shiny Hunter

FC White: 1249 7626 0794, Sorcha
    FC Black 2:

I currently trying to defeat Avia but I am running into a few problems. I am currently trying to train my team that contains a Samurott, Flaffly, Luxray, Ryhperhior, and Onix. I am trying to train them but Avia keeps trying to invade Cragspur. It is starting to get annoying because I keep having to waste turns sending my main forces back to Cragspur to defend it.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I was able to beat that scenario pretty easily, though I did not get the opportunity to link with Articuno. But before I digress too much, I believe he will keep the Articuno for future playthroughs. If there's one scenario that makes me rage though, it's Hideyoshi's. So many warlords, and so many possible ways for them to invade you, displacing so many of your warriors, making you rage so hard. Kenshin was a pain.
    I just did that one, but didn't have many problems, and actually finished it under a year. Make sure you take kingdoms that create a bottle-neck. Most of the time, you should only have 2 kingdoms to defend from enemy attacks, 3 at the max. Also, it seems like some people like to have a specific "Team", similar to the main games. Doing this will most likely limit you from 1 kingdom takeover per month, usually leaving you protect more kingdoms per turn. Using Pokemon that are resistant to enemy attacks, or have moves that are super effective don't need to super strong.

If the problem is that you don't have enough warriors, don't expand until you do, march warriors to kingdoms that have free warriors available, and don't rely on delegation.

Also, know the battle fields you'll be attacking or defending. Using pokemon that aren't restricted in movement by height are excellent in Kingdoms like the Fighting type Kingdom, because you can get right back up to the flags (note that thid doesn't work in Terrera, the Ground Kingdom). I once defended the Fightig Kingdom from a Dratini and Axew (both with that deadly Dragon Rage) with just an Emolga.

Lastly, a good thing to know when defending a Kingdom is that you will Win when the Turn counter reaches 0, so stalling, or running away can work.

I hope some of this helped you, as well as anyone else.

EDIT BELOW

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    I currently trying to defeat Avia but I am running into a few problems. I am currently trying to train my team that contains a Samurott, Flaffly, Luxray, Ryhperhior, and Onix. I am trying to train them but Avia keeps trying to invade Cragspur. It is starting to get annoying because I keep having to waste turns sending my main forces back to Cragspur to defend it.

Any advice?
    I'm a bit unsure exactly what situation you're in, so I'm just going to generalize a bit.

Is your team the same as your main forces? Or is your team just the team you'll be using against Avia? You could probably split your main forces into 2 teams, and fill them with other pokemon you have that are decent. As long as you can narrow in on an opponent's common weaknesses, you don't neccessarily need to have a higher strength.

Also, if Craigspire is cinstantly attacked, why not keep your team there? Defending is still one of the best ways to train, as you're defeating a lot or warriors.
    Last edited by Brandon96; 25th June 2012 at 6:53 AM. Reason: Additional reply to quote.

So, I'm kinda confused: For all of the Warlords, it says that to get them, I have to beat them in their nation. I'm pretty sure I've been doing that, yet I still don't get them. Thoughts/help?

Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    So, I'm kinda confused: For all of the Warlords, it says that to get them, I have to beat them in their nation. I'm pretty sure I've been doing that, yet I still don't get them. Thoughts/help?
    For the unique Warlords, you have to defeat their Pokemon with one of your Unique Warlords' Pokemon. Seems that's the conclusion everyone is finding, even though I don't think it was even mentioned in the game. I think you also need to defeat their Pokemon in 4 turns, or without getting hurt, or with a Super-Effective move (from a unique Warlord's Pokemon).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon96 View Post
    For the unique Warlords, you have to defeat their Pokemon with one of your Unique Warlords' Pokemon. Seems that's the conclusion everyone is finding, even though I don't think it was even mentioned in the game. I think you also need to defeat their Pokemon in 4 turns, or without getting hurt, or with a Super-Effective move (from a unique Warlord's Pokemon).
    Wow. I feel silly.
    *sigh* Well, thanks for telling me. Wish Serebii was covering this as well as he is B2/W2...

Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

not even done with the main story but already have a charizard empoleon sceptile and alakazam on the team I still have yet to evolve my eevee but question is how do you obtain arceus anyways?
    Team Boukenger ready to rescue others.Let's Go

Owner of 31 legit uncloned NWS manaphys

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmn_Collector View Post
    not even done with the main story but already have a charizard empoleon sceptile and alakazam on the team I still have yet to evolve my eevee but question is how do you obtain arceus anyways?
    You get Arceus after beating Nobunaga for the first time. After that another area will unlock taking you to Arceus. WARNING:Save before you go in. You cannot save after recruiting Arceus.
    NNID:RainbowKirby (StarKirby) 3DS Friend Code:1349-4661-3134 AC:New Leaf Dream Suite:4500-2347-0072

Okay, noob question time. After you defeat Nobunga and get Arceus, is there more to do in the game? Like, since you've conquered all the kingdoms, what else is there to do?

Quote Originally Posted by CPainter307 View Post
    Okay, noob question time. After you defeat Nobunga and get Arceus, is there more to do in the game? Like, since you've conquered all the kingdoms, what else is there to do?
    The many, MANY post-game episodes that will take about as long as the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post

Any advice?
    uh

If that's who you're using, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to just own Avia as is.

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast