Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion

i might get this game but i was realy dissapointed when they announced this instead of a main series game which i had thought they were going to announce
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    i might get this game but i was realy dissapointed when they announced this instead of a main series game which i had thought they were going to announce
    That's on you. Most anyone could have told you it was a bit too early to expect a core title announcement.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Press conference is up on youtube now with more gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWnorEvLIaY.

Combat looks interesting, I really would like to understand what the presenters are saying though.

I don't quite understand, why many people keep saying PMD series is a crossover, where it was actually not. It only adapts the gameplay system of a Mystery Dungeon, which is a sub-genre of RPG. The game still contains only Pokemon as characters, nothing else.

However, P+NA is really a crossover, where it crosses the idea of the world of Pokemon with the idea of the world of feudal Japan as in Nobunaga's Ambition or The Romance of the Three Kindgoms.

"Crossover" generally means the crossing of the conceptional idea, mostly visible in the story plot. It never means the genre of the gameplay.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

I don't think this will get localized

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkardnoir View Post
    I don't think this will get localized
    Except that there's a multitude of reasons why it would get localized.

I don't think this game will ever reach the US and i wasn't really psyched about this game anyway.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Dang it. Yea, it looks cool, and I would buy it if it's released in the U.S, but I don't want more DS games. I got a 3DS now, give me Pokemon for 3DS. And not Pokemon Rumble, I'm not a fan of that kind of gameplay.

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by craigprime View Post
    Dang it. Yea, it looks cool, and I would buy it if it's released in the U.S, but I don't want more DS games. I got a 3DS now, give me Pokemon for 3DS. And not Pokemon Rumble, I'm not a fan of that kind of gameplay.

I hope they don't move completely to the 3DS. Not everyone has the money to buy these darned things, it took me a year after the first pokemon game for the DS came out to get a danged DS. xD

As for this game.....I have a feeling I will dislike it, but if it does come to the US I'll give it a chance.

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Atome View Post
    I hope they don't move completely to the 3DS. Not everyone has the money to buy these darned things
    Not a defining factor in anything. The 3DS is Nintendo's present and future at the handheld spot. They are under no obligation to keep producing software - much less tremendously prolific software like Pokémon titles - for defunct hardware just because some people haven't upgraded yet.

Most of Nintendo's big franchies have already migrated to the 3DS and there is nothing to indicate further Pokémon titles for the DS beyond P x NA.

This is not to single you out, but it is the truth. If you personally are unable to upgrade to the 3DS yet, that's unfortunate, but certainly you would agree that it shouldn't be a defining factor behind the reality of progress, no?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not a defining factor in anything. The 3DS is Nintendo's present and future at the handheld spot. They are under no obligation to keep producing software - much less tremendously prolific software like Pokémon titles - for defunct hardware just because some people haven't upgraded yet.

Most of Nintendo's big franchies have already migrated to the 3DS and there is nothing to indicate further Pokémon titles for the DS beyond P x NA.

This is not to single you out, but it is the truth. If you personally are unable to upgrade to the 3DS yet, that's unfortunate, but certainly you would agree that it shouldn't be a defining factor behind the reality of progress, no?

Yeah I know, but there's always hope xD
    I thought they had some problems with the 3DS, with the 3D factor harming eyes? Maybe I'm just hearing rumors though lol

Current MM hunt

No. Nothing more than a routine warning label saying that if any parent is dumb enough to let their young child and his or her developing eyes play with the 3D on for 12 hours straight, it might cause problems down the line.

Basically the same as the warning label on your hairdryer that says "don't use in water", i.e. "don't be dumb and you're fine."
    Last edited by BCVM22; 13th February 2012 at 12:55 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. Nothing more than a routine warning label saying that if any parent is dumb enough to let their young child and his or her developing eyes play with the 3D on for 12 hours straight, it might cause problems down the line.

Basically the same as the warning label on your hairstyle that says "don't use in water", i.e. "don't be dumb and you're fine."
    Ah okay thank you for clearing that up then. I was worried, because my eyes are already bad enough by genetics I didn't want to make them worse. xD

Current MM hunt

Yay, a new scan.
        Spoiler:- img:

I find it funny how they show Pikachu evolving into Raichu.

I really hope this game does end up coming to the US. It looks very cool and something I'd be really interested in especially with the features we know about so far.

How sad, the male player evolved his eevee into Flareon. Perhaps the game is on Difficult mode? ;p

I was surprised to find that one of the bushou leaders owns a gardevoir. Much like the 2nd stronest leader with gallade and mewtwo.

Human x pokemon relationships anyone? Probably 100% no
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I think this game looks a bit ranger-esque, no? I still think it looks quite good though, hope it comes to the EU.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

So, I don't know the original series, is it anything like Final Fantasy Tactics? If so, that bodes well, I enjoyed FFTA though it took some getting into.

Though I can see it not making the West, but if it's popular in Japan maybe it'll get a 3DS sequel that'll get the translation. The DS is really a console on its way out.

I'm evolving my Eevee into Glaceon. My fondness for her as grown ever since somone likened her appearance to Zooey Deschanel.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Is it just me, or does this game seem much less sweet and innocent than the typical Pokemon game?

I don't think we know enough about it to say that yet. All we know is that it's about conquering imperial Japan with Pokemon, which could just as well be done in a fairly sweet and innocent way.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I don't quite understand, why many people keep saying PMD series is a crossover, where it was actually not. It only adapts the gameplay system of a Mystery Dungeon, which is a sub-genre of RPG. The game still contains only Pokemon as characters, nothing else.

However, P+NA is really a crossover, where it crosses the idea of the world of Pokemon with the idea of the world of feudal Japan as in Nobunaga's Ambition or The Romance of the Three Kindgoms.

"Crossover" generally means the crossing of the conceptional idea, mostly visible in the story plot. It never means the genre of the gameplay.
    Wario Blast.
    We need a Ghost/Steel type!

Europe might be getting this with North America getting screwed, as usual.
    We need a Ghost/Steel type!

Eh, I guess this game looks good. I'm kinda waiting for a new PMD or the R/S/E remakes.
    † I am a Christian and Proud of it!†

Do not copy and paste this into your sig, whatever you do. I mean it. You'd better not. (Started by Thing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simipour
    This thread is pointless, everybody knows pokemon fans are the sexiest people going around.
    PPL made the banner

Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast