Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #51

I'm stumped I cant find any good set that would actually do good with this guy lol
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Personal Moveset
    Hustle w Wide Lens/Lum Berry/Icy Rock OR Vital Spirit/Insomnia w Life Orb/Muscle Band/Icy Rock
    Ice Beam/Blizzard
    Fly/Pluck
    Brick Break
    Facade/Hail

Partners
    Pokemon with Ice Body or Snow Cloak.

Countering
    Sunny Day-based pokemon like dream Ninetails.
    Generally any Rock/Steel/Fire/Water-Type that is quick and knows Rock/Electric/Fire/Steel-type attacks like Kabutops, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Heat Rotom, Chandelure, Starmie, and Feraligatr. If Trick Room is in effect, Tyranitar, Metagross, Empoleon, Bronzong, Magnezone, Blastoise, Swampert, and Lapras are recommended.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

I made a team with delibird on it, and it actually did decently (it was in the lower tiers, but the concept still works).

Delibird @ Life Orb
    4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    Vital Spirit
    -Rapid Spin
    -Blizzard
    -Hidden Power [Fighting]
    -Water Pulse / Signal Beam

The main point is to RS, and then if you can kill as many pokes as possible for teh lulz. Blizzard is the primary STAB and HP fighting is nice to kill most things that resist Blizzard. Water Pulse can be used to confuse opponents, whereas signal beam is more powerful. I've tried this set, and it works. Though not very well. It's utterly outclassed by hustle, but if you can get a poke with a low special defence it can be
    pretty funny, it can also be used on blizspam teams.

Delibird @ Leftovers
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
    Bold
    Hustle
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Return
    -Toxic/Rapid Spin/Ice Punch

Stally set. RestTalk is abvious, Return does some damage and makes sure you're not taunt bait. Toxic is for if you actually want to do anything, and ice punch is an optional STAB. This is a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by KYOGRE-D View Post
    Delibird is obviously ubers standard; especially whilst comparing its new ability to its old ones . OK, so this think sucks, we all know. bad stats all round, you'd only use this poke if you were planning to lose spectacularly, even in NU.
    I beg to differ - having used it in NU, I know that in certain circumstances delibird can hold it's own. It can also be pretty useful as a revenge (might post my scarf set later) or as a RSer. And for loling at bewildered opponents.
    Last edited by Barbeller; 18th December 2011 at 7:16 PM.

Wait, Delibird got an awesome dream ability??...

Oh.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Delibird is the worst pokemon ever. OK, maybe it might be able to do SOMETHING in NU with CB Hustle Ice Punch/Shard.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

*Trainer threw a rock* ...Delibird fainted... Yea,don't need a pokemon to do a man's job

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Right guys, time for the Pokémon that will go live on December 25th

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/225.shtml

It's Delibird. Delibird got an amazing new Hidden Ability and has the most diverse level up learnset in the game.

Go nuts.

Merry Christmas
    amazing ability?lol
    needs a bol d tentacool withits dream world ability and untouched and with the egg move rapid spin

two things...one delibird isn't the worst magikarp is.
    just rinin it
    delibird@ring target
    bestow
    filler
    filler
    filler
    Just a suicide trick to remove a annoying opponent...
    wake me when it's haxorus...... Zzzzz....
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

cooljolteon here, with my set of movesets, consisting of: Physical; Special; Mixed; and Support; followed by other options.

Physical Sweeper
    Delibird @ Zoom Lens
    Hustle
    Adamant Nature [+Atk; -SpAtk]
    252Atk/252Spd/4HP
    -Ice Punch
    -Aerial Ace
    -Brick Break/Focus Punch
    -Return/Substitute

Ice Punch and Aerial Ace for STAB, with AA specializing in completely ignoring Hustle's accuracy fact. Use Brick Break and Return, or Focus Punch and Substitute (yayz, Sub-Punch!). Zoom Lens fixes accuracy problems, and Delibird doesn't need to worry about going last - it will normally, anyway.

Special Sweeper
    Delibird @ Icy Rock/Wet Rock
    Vital Spirit
    Modest Nature [+SpAtk; -Atk]
    252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP
    -Hail/Rain Dance
    -Blizzard/Ice Beam
    -Water Pulse/Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)/Swift

Use Hail if you're using Blizzard, and Rain Dance if you're using Water Pulse with Ice Beam. Hidden Power Ground takes care of pretty much all of Delibird's weaknesses, but if you don't want to get too technical, use Swift. Signal Beam is another 4th Gen option. (BTW, that's why I didn't go with Insomnia - you're going to have a 4th Gen move on this one, anyway) Icy Rock lengthens Hail, while Wet Rock lengthens Rain Dance.

Mixed Sweeper
    Delibird @ Life Orb
    Vital Spirit
    Hasty [+Spd; -Def] or Naive [+Spd; -SpDef]
    252Atk/252SpAtk/4Spd
    -Ice Beam
    -Return/Swift
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace

IB and AA are for STAB. BB is for coverage, and R/S is for...lack of diversity. Life Orb increases the damage that Delibird will do.

Support
    Delibird @ Icy Rock
    Vital Spirit
    Timid Nature [+Spd; -Atk]
    252HP/252Spd/4SpAtk
    -Hail
    -Blizzard
    -Toxic
    -Substitute

Hail combined with Toxic will take opponent's out fairly quickly, with Icy Rock lengthening Hail. Blizzard is for the prevention of being Taunt bait. Substitute (basically) prevents Delibird from taking damage.
    My fave Pokemon:

Jolteon
    Celebi
    Pichu
    Feraligatr
    Floette
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen

Type support
    Delibird @ Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
    Ability Vital Spirit/Hustle/Insomnia
    EVs 252 HP/ 4 s.def/252speed
    Move set:
    -Rapid spin
    -Toxic
    -Icy wind
    -Brick Break

This Delibird is built to remove or hinder annoyances. Rapid spin gets rid of stealth rocks spikes, toxic spikes. Toxic hinders bulky walls that lack natural, shed skin, aromatherapy, refresh, heal bell, and rest. Brick break is to destroy reflect and light screen. Icy wind is it's stab move that also slows down enemies. Choice scarf is to outrun stuff while focus sash makes sure you get to do something provided sandstorm or stealth rocks hasn't broken it.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    lol have you ever seen a Focus Sashed Flailing Magikarp? Especially with Swift Swim activated, I've seen it tear through entire legendary teams. Delibird wishes it could do that.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

^That

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    just rinin it
    delibird@ring target
    bestow
    filler
    filler
    filler
    Just a suicide trick to remove a annoying opponent...
    wake me when it's haxorus...... Zzzzz....
    and nope, even without flail, Magikarp can eventually OHKO it with struggle.

Santa's Bodyguard
    @ Choice Band
    Hustle
    Jolly/Adamant
    ~Aerial Ace
    ~Ice Shard/Ice Punch
    ~Seed Bomb
    ~Rapid Spin/Ice Shard/Ice Punch/Focus PunchCB

Okay, so this bird has one ace up its bag, and that's Hustle. With both CB and Hustle, this bird hits 470 attack with Jolly. Aerial Ace gets the fact that it never misses, and gets the boost. Ice Shard can be run on Adamant sets, and Ice Punch on Jolly. Seed Bomb is coverage. Rapid Spin can be used to be semi-support. Focus Punch is if you're good at predicting.
    Last edited by Creeper; 20th December 2011 at 4:13 AM.

Overview
    Delibird is cu- errh... I mean not bad. Poor offensive stat, poor ability, poor movepool and not even bulky. It's also weird that Delibird is more on Physical yet poor in Attack. Just say "Merry Christmas!"

Ability
    Vital Spirit: Prevent Sleep Powder and Yawn from working. An OK ability.
    Hustle: Really? With his poor bulk, you will run with Hustle?
    Insomia: Same as Vital Spirit. OK.

Set

Choice
    @Choice Specs / Scarf
    Vital Spirit
    Modest / Timid [ 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP ]
    - Blizzard
    - HP [Ground]
    - Fly
    - Bestow

Blizzard is a strong reliable STAB. HP [Ground] covers your weaknesses. Fly won't receive any benefit from your Stat or, if running with choice specs, your item. Bestow ruin Physical Sweeper or Trick Room Team.

Choice Bander
    @Choice Band
    Vital Spirit
    Adamant / Jolly [ 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP]
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break / Sky Attack
    - Return / Quick Attack / Brick Break
    - Present / Bestow

Ice Punch is your main move. Brick Break ruins Rock and Steel Type while Sky Attack is a strong STAB. Return is the possible strongest normal type while Quick attack make you strike first. Present and Bestow for season greetings.

Partner
    Hail Team for Blizzard or Rain Dance Team for Physical Set.

Countering
    Anyone who resist his STAB.

Come on guys, what's with all the sarcasm? Even Serebii? Come on, we know that it's Ice/Flying typing makes it one of the best counters for Caterpie and Sunkern in the game. Seed Bomb lets it knock down it's would-be-counters, such as Magikarp and Feebas! It also has extremely rare stall moves in Protect and Toxic!

You guys may think it's outclassed by Articuno, but it has roll out to 33,534,332,342,352HKO Charizard swap ins! Thanks to it's new DW ability, it can now take on Paras and Shroomish one-on-one, while Articuno will be too busy taking a nap! Not good enough? Well, it also has Rapid spin, and thanks to it's immunity to spikes and toxic spikes, it can come in on hazards multiple times!

.....Okay, it sucks, but I'll try and keep this post from being spam. IMO, the best set to run with it is Hustle/Choice Band, where it can hit with 135 power aerial aces, and revenge kill with 90 base powered Ice Shards, and smack bulky waters with 120 powered seed bombs. Though it's attack sucks too much to make it an offensive threat....I'd only suggest using if it was a metagame full of Unown, which NU is not.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 19th December 2011 at 2:58 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Delibird is probably the most threatening thing in the metagame right now. Pretty much, Delibird is the Pokemon equivalent of Santa Claus, and NO ONE messes with Santa Claus.

Santa's Got a Little Surprise For You
    Deli "Awesome" Bird@Power Herb
    Adamant
    Hustle
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Sky Attack
    -Focus Punch
    -Ice Shard
    -Fake Out/Rapid Spin

Power Herb because Delibird is all power and no slack. That, and it fakes a Choice Band set. Just imagine your opponent switching in a Steel type, only for you to slam it with a Focus Punch. After seeing no Life Orb recoil, they predict you have a Choice set and switch in a Bug type to tank the next Focus Punch and BAM! Slammed by a Power Herb Sky Attack. Ice Shard allows Delibird to outspeed everything without priority and destroy it. Absolutely destroy it. Fake Out is free damage, which doesn't really matter for a Pokemon as loaded as Delibird. It could be expensive damage for all he cares. You could also throw up a Rapid Spin, in which case Delibird throws the opponent's hazards away while laughing as they cry themselves to sleep.

TL;DR-Delibird is the stuff.

Even in NU:

Arbok sets up on you.
    Jumpluff puts you to sleep, but has to be wary of Ice Shard, though I doubt it KOes a physically defensive set.
    Sawk revenges you.
    Jynx can't set up, but can wreck Delibird with Ice Beam.
    Tangela walls it.
    Klinklang sets up on you all day long.
    Magneton can set up screens on Delibird.
    Regirock can murder you with Rock Slide.
    Pikachu OHKOes with Volt Tackle.
    Emboar can Flare Blitz you.

Well, it looks like everyone did your basic Deli jokes, so I guess I'll just do a serious review of Delibird...

It's the only Flying-Type Rapid Spinner, so if you have a Flying mono and you desperately want a Rapid Spinner...I guess there is Delibird for you...? And for Ice monos, I suppose...

Delibird has a niche in its Hustle Ability. Other than that...you can use Specs...I guess. It does have a impressive movepool. Insomnia is a good Ability, but Vital Spirit just blows it out of the water... ...Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Come on guys, what's with all the sarcasm? Even Serebii? Come on, we know that it's Ice/Flying typing makes it one of the best counters for Caterpie and Sunkern in the game. Seed Bomb lets it knock down it's would-be-counters, such as Magikarp and Feebas! It also has extremely rare stall moves in Protect and Toxic!

You guys may think it's outclassed by Articuno, but it has roll out to 33,534,332,342,352HKO Charizard swap ins! Thanks to it's new DW ability, it can now take on Paras and Shroomish one-on-one, while Articuno will be too busy taking a nap! Not good enough? Well, it also has Rapid spin, and thanks to it's immunity to spikes and toxic spikes, it can come in on hazards multiple times!

.....Okay, it sucks, but I'll try and keep this post from being spam. IMO, the best set to run with it is Hustle/Choice Band, where it can hit with 135 power aerial aces, and revenge kill with 90 base powered Ice Shards, and smack bulky waters with 120 powered seed bombs. Though it's attack sucks too much to make it an offensive threat....I'd only suggest using if it was a metagame full of Unown, which NU is not.
    Yeah, well I'm guessing there's just a little sarcasm in YOUR post? Seriously, Delibird sucks - Rapid spin won't help that much as SR is the main hazard, stripping half of its health immediately. Yeah, not too good for a spinner.I do agree that your set is probably the best set, or mabye Toxic/Endure/Protect/Ice Shard/Punch, with Focus Sash, but really, Delibird is wayyy outclassed by Articuno, and even Swift Swim activated Sashed Flail Magikarp is better than it - then, its only taken out by priority, which isn't that common in NU from experience.

Basically the only priority in NU is Arbok's Sucker Punch and Snover's Ice Shard.

Hide your children folks, because there's something nasty coming down the chimney this year....

That's right. It's the renown sweeping monster from gen II....

The Grim-reaping sweeper of christmas:

Delibird @life orb
    Adamant (+atk -sp. atk) Hustle
    EVs: 252 atk. 252 spd.
    Ice punch
    Brick Break
    Ice shard/Splash
    aerial ace

Ice punch will be your most feared tool-of-destruction while brick break destroys the very essense of opposing pokemon. Ice shard can destroy all attempting to revenge kill foes but if you're feeling really cheating, you can use the move that should be banned in all servers. Splash. Need I say more?
    Aerial ace strikes down your foe from the skies.

Strengths: Delibird's boundless power makes it capable of trashing everything in sight and when it was released in gen II, "6-0ed by delibird" was a very frequent saying.

Weaknesses: Delibird is so powerful that the opponent gains virtually no humiliation in being destroyed by it.

Dream world: I won't go into much detail here after Delibird's DW ability being banned on Smogon. Reasons for this were for too much change in the already over-powered delibird and making it far too unpredictable.

Partners: It needs none, but ninjask happens to be bestest buddies with it (or rather delibird wants to be).
    Is a Jesus Freak and proud of it

.....Delibird?
    sigh....
    Use Articuno instead, but if you must use Delibird,
    Offensive Delibird? @Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power Ground
    Signal Beam
    Seed Bomb

Ice Beam=basic stab
    HP Ground=Regirock/Pikachu/KlinKlang
    Signal Beam=Psychic/Dark/Grass types
    Seed Bomb for Water types

EVs
    252 Speed
    252 Special Attack

Using Dream World is pointless, since Insomnia is the same as Vital Spirit. Unless you want Focus Punch for a SubPunch set or something...

He's making a list, checking it twice, and spinning away all you hold dear
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    -Fake Out
    -Any other move you feel like having, maybe a lolzy one
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Vital Spirit/Insomnia
    Jolly, 252 hp/252 spd/4 atk

I guess santa really hates sleep. really, with such underwhelming stats, whose max speed is 273, you will really only be getting 1-3 hits from this thing, depending on entry hazards. Rapid spin is the only worthwhile thing on this, while fake out can break subs and possibly revenge kill, maybe, and ice shard can kill those dragons that are just hanging on for dear life

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

delibird is notable in doubles for being the only pokemon that learns fake out while being immune to earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by sixonesix View Post
    delibird is notable in doubles for being the only pokemon that learns fake out while being immune to earthquake.
    This is why there needs to be double and triple battle sets listed in the pokemon of the week. I didn't believe this at first but it's true...
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast