Thread: Community POTW #51

CB boost:

(55 * 1.5) + (50 * .5)
    82.5 + 25

Now the Hustle boost:

(107.5 * 1.5) + (50 * .5)
    161.25 + 25
    186.25 ~ 186

So Delibird really does have over 180 effective Base Atk with a Choice Band and Hustle. And just wondering, did you actually double check his calc on Dragonite, or did you just assume that it was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    CB boost:

(55 * 1.5) + (50 * .5)
    82.5 + 25

Now the Hustle boost:

(107.5 * 1.5) + (50 * .5)
    161.25 + 25
    186.25 ~ 186

So Delibird really does have over 180 effective Base Atk with a Choice Band and Hustle. And just wondering, did you actually double check his calc on Dragonite, or did you just assume that it was wrong?
    Delibird gets 514 Attack with Choice Band. Somehow I doubt he actually double-checked the calcs.

I'm waiting for the day that Delibird actually gets some love, he's a pretty cool guy and he can do quite well with that equivalent of a base 184 Attack stat, as long as Rocks are off of the field anyway.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

To be fair, 184 isn't that much, especially considering that includes his Choice Band boost (without Choice Band he only has something like 105 base attack) and best attacking options have low BP (Ice Punch + Aerial Ace??). Taking into account item boosts CB Metagross has 227 base attack and Rivalry CB Haxorus has 319.. but they can use actually competent STAB moves like Meteor Mash and Outrage.

tl;dr version: Delibird sucks, but I'm sure this is news to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    To be fair, 184 isn't that much, especially considering that includes his Choice Band boost (without Choice Band he only has something like 105 base attack) and best attacking options have low BP (Ice Punch + Aerial Ace??). Taking into account item boosts CB Metagross has 227 base attack and Rivalry CB Haxorus has 319.. but they can use actually competent STAB moves like Meteor Mash and Outrage.

tl;dr version: Delibird sucks, but I'm sure this is news to no one.
    True, but in RU or NU, where the metagame is arguably slower and less powerful, look out. Ice Shard can actually deal some good damage to things like Braviary.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Why not just use Piloswine? Effectively the same attack, but STAB EQ, better defenses and.. well pretty much better in every way.

Why not just use Piloswine? Effectively the same attack, but STAB EQ, better defenses and.. well pretty much better in every way.
    cause swag?

didn't checked at all sorry about that...here: 229*2.25=515 attack

still sucks in OU just use mamoswine if you want an CB ice sharder stronger and can take a hit

using delibird in OU is still laugable saying it can beat dragonite is like saying flareon beats ferrothorn..
    Last edited by Ilan; 21st December 2011 at 7:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    using delibird in OU is still laugable saying it can beat dragonite is like saying flareon beats ferrothorn..
    doesnt make it less true though

Piloswine isn't as Christmasy. Duh.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Deilibird. Who doesn't love him. This guy has so many random moves, it doesn't even make sense. Why Splash and Rapid Spin? How can he learn Seed Bomb or Gunk Shot? Whatever, it makes him a bit more gimmicky
    Anyway, although I'm a bit late to create some sets, imma do it anyway

Abilities:
    Vital Spirit: You can't fall asleep.
    Hustle: Boosts Attack, but only 80% accuracy. Basically his only good ability.
    Insmonia (Hidden): Thanks a bunch, GameFreak, for giving Delibird two abilities that do exactly the same thing.

I can deliver presents in a Blizzard!
    - Blizzard
    - Toxic
    - Water Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
    Blizzspam in the Snow. Nothing else to it. Toxic just cuz I can. Water Pulse to take out Fire and Rock types. Hidden Power [Fire] for coverage

Every day I'm hustling
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Pluck
    - Fake Out/Seed Bomb/Ice Shard
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
    4 Hp/ 252 Attack/252 Speed
    Hustle set. Ice Punch for STAB, and so is Pluck. Pluck over Aerial Ace cuz you eat berries. Brick Break for coverage. The last move is whatever you want to use. Fake Out as a lead, Seed Bomb is more coverage, Ice Shard is priority. Tbh, I would choose Ice Shard.

Don't even think about using Delibird in Doubles and Triples. Just don't.

Partners
    Abomasnow is always nice. Besides him, you need spinners. Wartortle has worked astonishingly well for spinning and taking out counters for Delibird. Screens will help, as Delibird has really low Defenses.

Countering Deribado
    If you can survive any of his attacks (which is really likely), you can kill it. Its Defenses are horrid, so almost anything that does neutral damage or more will kill it. Every single Fire type, bar Camerupt, will defeat this guy. Most Rock types kill it. Steel types wall this guy to death. So do Water types. Delibird isn't very hard to beat.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I still say this thing needs Wonderguard or Pure Power to be even remotely usable.

.. and Pure Power probably wouldn't even be enough.

I still say this thing needs Wonderguard or Pure Power to be even remotely usable.

.. and Pure Power probably wouldn't even be enough.
    Or a signature move called Christmas Beam, a 100% Acc Ice Type Special move which varies in base power (from 1 to 150) depending on what time of year it was. The closer it gets to chrismas, the higher it's BP.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Or a signature move called Christmas Beam, a 100% Acc Ice Type Special move which varies in base power (from 1 to 150) depending on what time of year it was. The closer it gets to chrismas, the higher it's BP.
    Just edit your DS clock...

And I don't think that would make it competitively useful. It's stats and typing are just too awful.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I like delibird...I mean it's based on santa! The red body, te white beard and even the tail that can be held as a bag filled with present!

OK competitively it sucks but not every pokemon is meant to be good in that domain! The movepool by itself shows that! It can learn only present by leveling up and splash by breeding and it's other options are not that better!

Anyway... Hustle is a good ability and Vital spirit/Insomnia are practically the same with situational usage. Despite having almost the same bad stats in ATT and Sp ATT it cannot be a mixed sweeper. The physical moveset with hustle can include the moves: Return, Brick break, Aerial ace, Ice punch, Ice shard, Seed bomb. There are some other moves but those are the best.
    It's special moveset with Vital spirit/Insomnia can include: Ice beam, Blizzard, Frost breath, Signal beam, Hidden power and water pulse with no other decent moves. It's other moves can be in the moveset like Endure, Toxic, Hail, and "Substitute".

Delibird is a litterally cool pokemon but not good in the competitive scene even in the low tiers.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE.

OK, as my friends know, Delibird is my mascot, my favorite Pokemon, etc. Sadly, he's impossible to use competitivly. Luckily, in NU, play your cards right and he can be a great Pokemon. NU wise he's a tiny bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.

ToxiStall
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Own Tempo/Insomnia
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252hp/126df/126sdf
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Ice Punch/Roost
    ~Aurora Beam

This is a custom set. Delibird is tough to pull of like this, but CAN be pulled off. Sub +Toxic can keep him alive for awhile. He also has a decent Attack NU wise. So, play your cards right and you can win. Just don't fold...

Partners:
    Snover for hail support.That's all I got. :O
    Last edited by TVSmasher66; 24th December 2011 at 2:11 PM.
    You have been blessed with the gratitude of reading the Other Gyarados's post. May you have luck in the future.

NU wise he's a bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.
    Not even a bit bulky. Contrary to popular belief, NU isn't really the luvdisc's hideaway. Sawk has base 125 attack, while Absol has 130. Beheeyem has base 125 special attack. Amoongus has base 114 HP. Metang reaches 354 defense without any defense EVs or a beneficial nature. Articuno has 90/100/125 defenses. Delibird has 45 HP, 45 defense, and 45 special defense. How is that in any way bulky?

Delibird is as frail as heck, even when fighting in NU. Sure, NU has lots of pokemon with similar stats to it, but are anyone going to use those?
    Last edited by Zachmac; 22nd December 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Nah, everybody who doesn't celebrate Christmas would complain. ... I bet they don't celebrate Christmas because Delibird's associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Nah, everybody who doesn't celebrate Christmas would complain. ... I bet they don't celebrate Christmas because Delibird's associated with it.
    INB4 Hanakkrow and Kwanzai

If that move was made, Delibird would, at least, be decent in NU. Maybe.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Or cause not all the world are christians..

There need to be hitmontop for hannukah... next year

delibird won't be good even with a V-create variant

Would gunk shot hit anything for delibird, or is that useless on it? I can't think of anything, but 120 base power is still worth a shot.
    Or cause not all the world are christians..
    I'm atheist and I celebrate Christmas, more of a familial tradition rather then religious.
    If that move was made, Delibird would, at least, be decent in NU. Maybe.
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Would gunk shot hit anything for delibird, or is that useless on it? I can't think of anything, but 120 base power is still worth a shot.I'm atheist and I celebrate Christmas, more of a familial tradition rather then religious.Probably not.
    It hits harder on Grass-types than STAB Ice Punch, but only slightly, 112v120, and you get better coverage with Ice Punch. Not saying you would ever use Delibird.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    It hits harder on Grass-types than STAB Ice Punch, but only slightly, 112v120, and you get better coverage with Ice Punch. Not saying you would ever use Delibird.
    Not only this but also it never gonna hit with hustle with 70% accuracy it have 56 accuracy..

Quote Originally Posted by TVSmasher66 View Post
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE.

OK, as my friends know, Delibird is my mascot, my favorite Pokemon, etc. Sadly, he's impossible to use competitivly. Luckily, in NU, play your cards right and he can be a great Pokemon. NU wise he's a bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.

ToxiStall
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo/Insomnia
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252hp/126df/126sdf
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Ice Punch/Roost
    ~Aurora Beam

This is a custom set. Delibird is tough to pull of like this, but CAN be pulled off. Sub +Toxic can keep him alive for awhile. He also has a decent Attack NU wise. So, play your cards right and you can win. Just don't fold...
    Substitute and Focus Sash on the same set? I don't think so.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Delibird

Delivery Bird (Lead)
    Ability: Insomnia
    Item: Focus Sash
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spd
    -Protect/Fake Out
    -Hp Grass
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin

Note: Delibird has access to Counter, but it is illegal with Insomnia