Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

... No one's recommending Disgaea 3 and/or 4? They're pretty fun games! Not everyone will like them (that's why they're in the niche category), but once you play long enough, you'll see just how fun/weird/awesome they are, despite how quirky and anime-ish the characters are. I'm pretty sure Disgaea is about $30 now. Not sure if Disgaea 3 is still being sold in retail stores or how it still costs on PS3, but the Vita port is also pretty good, which added features from D4, includes every DLC from D3 for free, and adds a new DLC for free.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    You will regret it, like me. Then again the Metal Gear Online servers closed a few days ago, so that isn't even there any more.
    You say that as if playing Metal Gear Online would be a major factor in his decision anyway.
    In any case, doesn't MGS HD have online? It's $30 on Amazon at the moment, so I should get around to buying that when I'm not preparing for the impending Steam summer sales.

Peace Walker has online co-op. No multiplayer though.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

The Vitanic hasn't sunk:

http://andriasang.com/con1kb/media_create_sales/

time to import or wait for the stateside release

Quote Originally Posted by Souhaku View Post
    The Vitanic hasn't sunk:

http://andriasang.com/con1kb/media_create_sales/

time to import or wait for the stateside release
    My most anticipated handheld game of the year. Can't wait for it really lol.

Anyways haven't updated in a while. PSN+ is better than ever. Get the 3 month one for about $18-$19 and you get 12 games for free. What you really need to buy is a new harddrive for all the free games. lol

It might be rental but you get lots of good deals, and all you have to do is keep resubscribing once in a while.

Games wise Rainbow Moon is one of the best RPG throwbacks ever. If you love RPGs then Rainbow Moon is the game to get and its only $15. It lasts longer than even some Final Fantasy games.

Speaking of games. Not much noteworthy for games this month except for Rainbow Moon on PSN.

Did anyone else get the Legend of Dragoon? I was waiting so long for it to be on PSN and was extremely happy when I saw it. Now I just have to hope for Kingdom Hearts! I need something to keep me busy until Kingdom Hearts III comes out in 2045.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I recently grabbed a PS3, mainly for a Blu-Ray player that would give me full surround sound in my room, as well. God of War III instantly became a favourite of mine, got the Origins collection but have yet to go into it, also have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Final Fantasy XIII-2 to get into, but yeah am looking at other games as well so I play the console reasonably frequently. Resistance and Killzone both look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I recently grabbed a PS3, mainly for a Blu-Ray player that would give me full surround sound in my room, as well. God of War III instantly became a favourite of mine, got the Origins collection but have yet to go into it, also have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Final Fantasy XIII-2 to get into, but yeah am looking at other games as well so I play the console reasonably frequently. Resistance and Killzone both look interesting.
    If you like Halo then Resistance and Killzone is right up your ally.

Anyways halfway point in August so time for an update guys. Plus I have to bump the thread to avoid it getting removed. Night_Walker can we get a sticky please? Also for the Gamertag/PSN thread as well.

Ok for big releases of the month. Keep in mind that this deals with only Playstation and 3rd party games released on PS3/PSN and I won't mention exclusives of other consoles.

DARKSIDER 2-

Sequel to the highly lauded Darksiders game. It is the equivalent to a mature Zelda adventure with GOW style combat and Prince of Persia style platforming. Meaning lots of fun and it meshes the different styles really well imo. It has gotten high reviews and generally favorable comments from buyers. Also if you buy it new, it would help THQ which is a developer under hot water so help them out if you are interested!

SLEEPING DOGS-

Square Enix saved this game from its cancellation. It was originally a true crime game but it worked out in the end.

As a result, SE made a fantastic game that I look forward to getting my hands on this year.

If you lament the fact that GTA V most likely won't appear this year then Sleeping Dogs should tie you over. Its a really good game imho with rave reviews and a good combat system. Not to mention it looks great. Although this is a Playstation thread, I recommend Sleeping Dogs for the PC because that is where it really shines.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron:

The sequel to the first ever good Transformers game War for Cybertron. It continues the story bigger and better than ever. Look forward to an update to the thread once the game comes out.

Of course I can't forget games that came out earlier this month!

Persona 4 Arena-

Not much a fighter fan so I skipped this but if you love the Persona series and fighting games, then this game is for you. Its has gotten a good reception and people enjoy its plot. Pick this one up if you are a fighter fan or love Persona and want it for the story.

PSN releases:

Papa & Yo: Has gotten bad reviews. Haven't read anything about it so I can't tell much to you guy. Read the reviews and decide if you want to give it a chance.

Other than that one release, here is the list of stuff released on the PSN this week courtesy of IGN. I don't care if you don't like them. Their list is accurate is what matters.

This list makes my work easier

Anyways for those of you living under a rock, GAMERSCOM this week at Cologne, Germany.

Playstation already had their conference and it was better than EA.

List of AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

1. PLAYSTATION ONE CLASSICS FOR THE PLAYSTATION VITA ON AUGUST THE 28TH!!!!!

2. Cross Buy feature, buy one copy for the PS3, get the Vita version free. Dunno if it is vice versa as people might abuse the Vita's cheaper game prices.

3. VITA HAS GAMES!!! Specifically TearAway by the creators of LBP and a handful of others to tie over Vita owners for the Holidays.

4. Trailers for a majority of games with some new IPs introduced such as Puppeteer and Rain <-(working title)

5. Much more than I can go over in a single post. Look on major gaming sites for all the info!

Personal news!

I ordered my Playstation Vita and it should arrive by Saturday. I'll post a pic on the thread of the Vita. Can't wait to play all my PS1 games on it and for Persona 4: The Golden to come out.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 15th August 2012 at 5:42 PM.

I can't believe how many exclusives Sony is putting out between this year and next year.

Twisted Metal
    Starhawk
    Sorcery
    Papo & Yo
    Journey
    Sound Shapes
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Rain
    Puppeteer
    Until Dawn
    God of War: Ascension
    The Last of Us
    Little Big Planet Vita
    Tearaway
    Killzone: Mercenaries
    Gravity Rush
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    The Ratchet and Clank, Infamous and God of War bundle packs if you count those.

Has anyone ever put this many out in a short time period? Ubisoft seems to be slapping out titles too, but not as much as Sony.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

Getting the White Assassins Creed III Vita bundle when it comes out on October. Also i will have a 32gb and a few games ready for it when i get my hands on it.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

NOTICE: I just started my part time job recently and I don't have as much time to trade so on the weekdays I am available between 12pm - 3pm/11pm - 4am EST Monday - Friday and all day Sundays when I wake up.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

Y MM Tries: 11
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)/4IV(0 Spe) Honedge (100th egg)/4IV (0 Def....GARBAGE!!!) Pumpkaboo XL (12th egg)/5IV Machop (72nd egg)

For anyone who cares,Playstion All-Stars is being delayed until 11-20.
    Spike,Ratchet & Clank,new Dante,and Sackboy have also been officially confirmed.

Found out about the PS2 download and now I'm gonna go buy some PS2 games this weekend.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive comes out next week, and it supports DS3, Move, and USB keyboard and mouse. If you don't have a capable PC, pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    For anyone who cares,Playstion All-Stars is being delayed until 11-20.
    Spike,Ratchet & Clank,new Dante,and Sackboy have also been officially confirmed.

Found out about the PS2 download and now I'm gonna go buy some PS2 games this weekend.
    Can't wait for this game. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid), Evil Cole (Infamous), Sir Daniel (MediEvil) and Nariko (Heavenly Sword) are all pretty much confirmed too. They were in the same leak from the beta that spoiled Sack Boy, Ratchet and Clank, Spike and Dante last week and Super Bot released a statement that all but confirmed it's validity. The fact that confirmed characters like Big Daddy from Bioshock and that Super Bot said the leak "didn't represent the final product" means there are probably more characters to come.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If it's anything like Smash Bros, it will be amazing. I am actaully really excited about it! It has a great roster as well, but I want Croc in the game!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm expecting critical acclaim but modest sales for All-Stars. Hopefully enough to warrant a sequel at least.

I played it at FanExpo recently and didn't enjoy it. They didn't give anyone time to learn the controls or how to play so that might be partially why.

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    If it's anything like Smash Bros, it will be amazing. I am actaully really excited about it! It has a great roster as well, but I want Croc in the game!
    I doubt it.

Playstion All-Stars may be a Smash bros. clone but it really lacks the charm and fun factor that the Smash Bros series has.

Hell every time I watch game play footage of Playstion All-Stars I just get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I'm expecting critical acclaim but modest sales for All-Stars. Hopefully enough to warrant a sequel at least.
    I expect the opposite were it will just do okay but not enough to warrant a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I played it at FanExpo recently and didn't enjoy it. They didn't give anyone time to learn the controls or how to play so that might be partially why.
    How much of the game play was similar to Smash Bros?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Too many things to talk about but the most important thing is to save up $15 or $12 if you are PSN+ member and buy Tokyo Jungle off of PSN today!

What do you guys think of the new Vita games announced? Also anyone excited for the New Little King's Story?

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    How much of the game play was similar to Smash Bros?
    Pretty much just how it looks, as in extremely similar.

PS Store update, a lot of new games. I'm interested in Retro City Rampage, anyone else?

PSN is Quackjack29
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

A quick update. Grab a PS Vita for only $200 and a memory card along with a game. PS+ is coming to the Vita so even better for new buyers.

I hate the new Playstation Store.

Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from Starhawk are free PS All-Stars DLC for the first two weeks after they release early next year.Oh and I'm glad none of the "Big 6" got in,especially Cloud and Sora.

Hey now that exams should be over for most of you guys after this week. I want to start a Serebii PSN Playstation All Stars Battle Royal tournament. Keep an eye out for a All Stars Thread which I will link to in this post.

After my exams are over with and before Christmas. So pretty much this Friday or the weekend.

I'm thinking of what would be a good prize for the winner. Probably a $20 PSN card.

You can get PS All Stars for $20 on the Vita or buy the PS3 version and get both with cross buy.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast