Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Wii U hasn't been an utter failure, but it hasn't really had the effect some thought it would. I'm guess 720 next year, PS4 after, but PS3 support till about 2015.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    Wii U hasn't been an utter failure, but it hasn't really had the effect some thought it would. I'm guess 720 next year, PS4 after, but PS3 support till about 2015.
    I support it until 2015, seeing as how I just purchased a ps3, it will give me two good years of catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I support it until 2015, seeing as how I just purchased a ps3, it will give me two good years of catching up.
    Congrats on the PS3, enjoy good gaming on it.

I remember playing the Jak and Daxter series a bunch. Also I played over 1000 hours of Pokemon Diamond O.o
    Click here for my YouTube page, all about Pokemon

Pokehawke

That was what I meant - the Wii U hasn't had a bad launch from what I've heard but it hasn't set gaming sites on fire - and thus it won't spur Microsoft and Sony to push out their next consoles any faster.

Late 2013 is the earliest I'd be willing to guestimate, but I'd think late 2014 is more likely - especially for the PS4 since we already know God of War: Ascension (surely the most likely PS4 exclusive launch title we know of at the moment) is playable on PS3.

I'm not really sold on any of these next gen consoles. I am waiting to see one where the disc based games are slim to none and it's all downloadable. I would like to see one of these companies who also produce computers, give these consoles a bit more of a computer feel, such as being able to swap out your hard drive space without jumping through a bunch of hoops, not limiting the OS that you can use on it, etc. Especially if they are charging close to $800-1000 for these systems.

Is anyone else in the US disappointed with the Free Game offerings for Playstation Plus?
    They sucked me in with the whole Infamous 2, LBP 2, Ratchet and Clank A4O game deal way back in spring 2012. But it just does not seem to be living up to its expectations for me. Especially since our friends across the pond are getting killer releases every month.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

I don't know, the wii u seems like a disaster, it's being smashed by the PS3 and 360 in sales, although it's a new console, so i'll go easy on it.

My biggest problem with the wiiu is it's lifespan, the console will be outdated once the PS4/720 comes out, and i personally don't see any point in owning it, and unlike the wii, the wiiu lacks the "it" factor, so it won't have the same benifit the wii originally had.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Well if there's one thing the Wii U will likely have over the next Playstation, it's the ability to play used games, judging from the recent Sony patent.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Well if there's one thing the Wii U will likely have over the next Playstation, it's the ability to play used games, judging from the recent Sony patent.
    Yeah, I heard about that. I have a video right here from ReviewTechUSA talking about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_b62JgM6cI

Anybody buying the new DmC?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Unless Sony and Microsoft, and likely Nintendo as well, move together to try to ban used games such a policy will be commercial suicide. Also I'm pretty sure there are consumer laws in various countries that would put a stop that kind of thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Unless Sony and Microsoft, and likely Nintendo as well, move together to try to ban used games such a policy will be commercial suicide. Also I'm pretty sure there are consumer laws in various countries that would put a stop that kind of thing anyway.
    Sony probably won't use it, Sony has often patented things they don't use. Anyone picked up Ni No Kuni? I haven't played yet, but I have herd it's fantastic.

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,

Sony probably won't use it, Sony has often patented things they don't use. Anyone picked up Ni No Kuni? I haven't played yet, but I have herd it's fantastic.
    I picked it up. Waiting to play it when I have time. I finished DmC which was a good game. Just below DMC 3 for me and just above the original DMC.

Anyone picked up Ni No Kuni? I haven't played yet, but I have herd it's fantastic.
    Amazon should be posting my copy soon, but because of uni I won't be able to play it until the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    I picked it up. Waiting to play it when I have time. I finished DmC which was a good game. Just below DMC 3 for me and just above the original DMC.
    I was going to get Devil May Cry 4 but instead I went and brought Bayonetta which resulted me having to endure the long update time. ¬_¬;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

It seems that the PS4 will be announced on the 20th of February.

http://www.gamesradar.com/sony-tease...future-feb-20/

And like everyone else said, they won't use the "No Used Game" Patent, because that would be retarded. Like extremely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post

And like everyone else said, they won't use the "No Used Game" Patent, because that would be retarded. Like extremely retarded.
    So exciting! Can't wait to see what the big revel is!

I am doubtful it will be the PS4, but if it is that means Microsoft and it's Xbox "720" won't be far behind.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

I believe the CEO of Sony mentioned that they would rather let Microsoft make the first move. I suppose it could make sense that they might want to save E3 to demonstrate the new games for the console, but still.

Also, you're forgetting that this is Sony we're talking about. Even as a PS3 owner (Especially as a PS3 owner) I've come to expect Sony making retarded decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I believe the CEO of Sony mentioned that they would rather let Microsoft make the first move. I suppose it could make sense that they might want to save E3 to demonstrate the new games for the console, but still.
    I literally faced palmed when he said that, since what stopping Microsoft CEO from making the same stupid statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Also, you're forgetting that this is Sony we're talking about. Even as a PS3 owner (Especially as a PS3 owner) I've come to expect Sony making retarded decisions.
    This pretty much. I thought after the failure of the PSP Sony would have learnt from their mistake with the Vita but nope they made exactly the same mistake.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    This pretty much. I thought after the failure of the PSP Sony would have learnt from their mistake with the Vita but nope they made exactly the same mistake.
    Failure? The PSP has sold 70 million units. That's a lot. It's the only non-Nintendo handheld that got a proper sucessor as well as opposed to slowly dying out. It may be far behind DS numbers, but taken in the context of previous non-Nintendo handhelds and video game systems in general, it's doing pretty okay.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Failure? The PSP has sold 70 million units. That's a lot. It's the only non-Nintendo handheld that got a proper sucessor as well as opposed to slowly dying out. It may be far behind DS numbers, but taken in the context of previous non-Nintendo handhelds and video game systems in general, it's doing pretty okay.
    The hardware might have sold well but the games didn't due to the fact that the PSP was rift with piracy. Also the UMD format failed to take off.

^ Best post ever.

I literally faced palmed when he said that, since what stopping Microsoft CEO from making the same stupid statement.
    To be fair, he has a point. Look at the Dreamcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    That's because the PSP had some great exclusives and lots of hackability, of which the Vita has neither.

Too bad Nintendo and most game companies seem to not learn from their mistakes. Wii U seems to be following the 3DS and Vita in struggling. Lets hope PS4 is not that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Too bad Nintendo and most game companies seem to not learn from their mistakes. Wii U seems to be following the 3DS and Vita in struggling. Lets hope PS4 is not that way.
    Well, we will have to see what the launch titles will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Well, we will have to see what the launch titles will be.
    Hopefully they suck like with the 3DS so I don't feel obligated to buy something so far out of my budget

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast