Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    Hopefully they suck like with the 3DS so I don't feel obligated to buy something so far out of my budget
    Screw you man! I say give us a nice number of awesome games and have a floodgate of games coming once every month or 2 months over the launch period so that a Vita or Wii U launch window is avoided. The 3DS situation is something all companies wanna avoid.

Learn some restraint and buy the next PS when you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Screw you man! I say give us a nice number of awesome games and have a floodgate of games coming once every month or 2 months over the launch period so that a Vita or Wii U launch window is avoided. The 3DS situation is something all companies wanna avoid.

Learn some restraint and buy the next PS when you can afford it.
    But that's so much work

Conference is going to start in a few minutes!!
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

PS4 officially revealed. Looking forward to what's gonna be on it.

Edit: Okay Knack doesn't look something I'm interested in at all.

Playing games while you download them? Cool.
    Remote Vita play? Really cool.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 21st February 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Heres the lates info on the PS4 --> cLICK ME <--
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

instead of revealing a next gen console, why don't they fix the problem currently on the ps3. No more empty promises Sony.

-didn't show the console
    -very little game play footage, mostly all pre-rendered (and didn't look much better than current gen)
    -lack of game play footage for console that has rumors of it coming out this year, early next, indicates there will be very few games out at launch if this is the case
    -must have a Facebook account to play
    -"share" button

Did they actually say it won't be backwards compatible? What about the used games thing?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Well that conference was lame and lot of the thing just felt like that Sony was copying Nintendo Miiverse, but what's worse is that they didn't show off the console itself.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Has press conference for upcoming console.

Decides to choose speakers who don't speak Engrish and not to show the console.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Well that conference was lame and lot of the thing just felt like that Sony was copying Nintendo Miiverse, but what's worse is that they didn't show off the console itself.
    Funny considering that Wii U only showed off the pad and Iwata had to mention that not showing off the console was a mistake.

Miiverse existed on the PS in the form of PS Home, Miiverse just made it more easier to share as it should considering it release in 2012.

Woot sorry to hear you had a bad experience but all of what you are listing is hardly true. Need a Facebook account? WTF when was that said?

Very little gameplay footage, what stream were you watching?

If you are gonna sh*t on the PS4 then be fair to it or stopping telling lies about it.

Overall I'm more excited for E3 because more games will be announced and see the hardware along with price and crap. Can't wait for June with The Last of Us and E3.

If watch dogs and/or destiny are ps3 exclusives, that automatically decides what console I'm getting. Idgaf if the Xbox hasn't even been announced. Case closed. Also lol at everyone who spammed twitter with "OMG ACTIVISION'S TALKING!!! THEY'RE GONNA ANNOUNCE THE NEXY COD!!!"
    *facepalm*

also did they talk about PSN being free or will we have to pay this time around? Or was it not mentioned?

I don't mind that they didn't show the console.

They also said it's coming out holiday system 2013.

BASELESS SPECULATION GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    -very little game play footage, mostly all pre-rendered (and didn't look much better than current gen)
    Pretty much all of it was said to be running live on the PS4, not pre-rendered. Kind of hard for me to judge how great it looks since I was watching on a stream but whatever.

-lack of game play footage for console that has rumors of it coming out this year, early next, indicates there will be very few games out at launch if this is the case
    I'd imagine they'd be saving some thing for E3, but they did show some gameplay.

-must have a Facebook account to play
    No.

-"share" button
    So?

Did they actually say it won't be backwards compatible? What about the used games thing?
    It's going to be cloud-based backwards compatability, however that works. No news on the used games thing.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Copying it by showing social features it doesn't have?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    also did they talk about PSN being free or will we have to pay this time around? Or was it not mentioned?
    Not mentioned.

Well while I want a proper look at the conference (mainly cause the stream I was able to watch was buggy and laggy as heck) here are my initial thoughts.

Pros:
    ~ Killzone: Shadow Fall.
    Looked beautiful and engaging.
    ~ Better integration for players.
    Definitely feel the PS3 user interface is less welcoming than the 360's so I welcome the concept of an interface focus. Most definitely like how easy it sounds like it will be to record game footage and share it. Not so sure I like the idea of someone being able to take control of my game though.

Cons
    ~ Console itself didn't appear.
    ...How the heck can you have a conference about a new console without showing the actual console?
    ~ Suggestion of using actual names and pictures
    That's gotta represent a huge potential security risk. Also why can't Sony introduce it's own Avatar system?
    ~ Just 2 exclusives?
    From what I saw they only announced 2 PS4 exclusives...
    ~ Increased focus on 'The Cloud' and Downloads
    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like physical copies of games and to have things stored on my console.
    ~ No discussion of whether or not a constant internet connection is required or if the console will block used games.

Things I'm neutral about
    ~ The controller.
    Sounds and looks okay, but can't be sure of its size until I get actual measurements.

I'm interested about the live-streaming of your games to your friends and how they can control for you, and how they can post comments

Too bad we didn't see the real thing. They could've just shown a picture or something.

I'm a little worried honestly. I'm feeling the same way I felt when I first saw the Wii U, and it wasn't that good.

But then again I'm excited too. The inclusion of a head phone jack is a smart move.
    Last edited by zerothethird; 21st February 2013 at 3:33 AM.

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

Not sure how I feel about no save points for games.

On the one hand, it saves trouble trying to find a save point, but there are games which you can save in most situations. However, I feel that having save points is one thing that separates videogames from other media. Plus, by suspending, you may not be able to revisit an earlier stage where you can fix a mistake.

I dunno, I'm just probably rambling here.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    BASELESS SPECULATION GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pretty much all of it was said to be running live on the PS4, not pre-rendered. Kind of hard for me to judge how great it looks since I was watching on a stream but whatever.
    Watch Dogs was a PC demo. Everything else I saw was a pre-rendered cutscene. The Capcom one seemed pre-rendered as well. Plus, how could it be running live on a console that may not even exist yet?

I'd imagine they'd be saving some thing for E3, but they did show some gameplay.
    Watch Dogs doesn't count.

No.
    I missed the start of the conference, but from what I've gathered you do.

So?
    Just pointing out it isn't an idea you want to push on a console. I don't want to post stuff to my Facebook. Besides, social gaming is the kind of thing "hardcore" gamers blast, and the PS3 fan base considers itself "hardcore".

It's going to be cloud-based backwards compatability, however that works. No news on the used games thing.
    So you have to buy all of your old PS3 games again if I want to play them on the PS4?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by zerothethird View Post
    Too bad we didn't see the real thing. They could've just shown a picture or something.
    A picture but not the actual thing? Now that would be stupid
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    A picture but not the actual thing? Now that would be stupid
    At least we would've seen something, which is obviously better than nothing.

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

Does it matter how it looks?

The controller looks very interesting! I can't wait to hold it in my hands, what do you all think?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...er-dualshock-4
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

The PS4 will be on Jimmy Fallon tomarrow, so if you want to see how the PS4 looks like, there's a high chance that they'll show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    The controller looks very interesting! I can't wait to hold it in my hands, what do you all think?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...er-dualshock-4
    Looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Watch Dogs was a PC demo. Everything else I saw was a pre-rendered cutscene. The Capcom one seemed pre-rendered as well. Plus, how could it be running live on a console that may not even exist yet?
    The console does exist, that's what they were showing off today. That was the entire point of the presentation. Not to mention they said "This is running live on the PS4" for Killzone, Capcom, SE, Quantic Dream, Unreal Engine 4, pretty much everything they showed.

Watch Dogs doesn't count.
    Why not? It's a PS4 game now too. It was probably the only one ready to be demonstrated at this point.

I missed the start of the conference, but from what I've gathered you do.
    Except you don't. They didn't say that at all.

Just pointing out it isn't an idea you want to push on a console. I don't want to post stuff to my Facebook. Besides, social gaming is the kind of thing "hardcore" gamers blast, and the PS3 fan base considers itself "hardcore".
    They're not going to cater to neckbeards, they're going for the larger part of the market. Besides if it's on a button then that means it's optional.

So you have to buy all of your old PS3 games again if I want to play them on the PS4?
    I don't know, they never said. I'm going to say probably.

Vita can stream PS4 games? Cool. Now all of 56 people that own one can finally do something interesting with it.

i kid

no

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast