Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 540

Thread: The Playstation Thread

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Also why would you even mention Apple?
    Because like Microsoft, Apple makes computers, casual tablets are swarming the market along with their variety of cheap games, and I'm hungry.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    What exactly were you expecting? A virtual reality headset?
    Something that actually changes how games are played this gen. So far it's basically been same gameplay with slightly better graphics (which I can't even tell apart from current gen).

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Looking at the last gen (or current gen, whatever) 360 had way more to play than the Wii. I know I'm not the only one who bought a 360 or PS3 because after a while there just weren't that many good Wii games coming out. Really, added multimedia features on a console in now way effect how many games it has.
    While all of that is true, it's not the point I was trying to make. Yes, 360 got more third party games than the Wii did, they did little to push their own. Microsoft doesn't tend to focus on first party exclusives the same way that Nintendo or even Sony does, they're pushing multimedia and social features like Xbox Live and Kinect and leaving third parties to push games. That's why, in a sense, they're not really competing with Nintendo and Sony, they're not interested in creating a dedicated games console as much as they are creating an entertainment center for your living room.

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Actually they did go out and say it was running on a PC. I'd imagine it's one they assembled with the same specs as their PS4 so there's really not much of a difference.
    Nope, it wasn't the same specs. They said it was "close" to the same specs. They could mean anything in terms of specs, even to the point that construct a PC with the same specs as a PS4 is more expensive to building one that is better, due to rarity of parts (not saying this is the case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker
    And isn't that their whole claim about how much better games will look on the PS4?
    Don't people always say that you can't tell anything from game trailers for new consoles, because they are never actual gameplay, in terms of graphics though. So until we see actual gameplay, from a live demo, I'm not making any judgement on the graphics being better or worse (not that it matters anymore really, since as far as graphics go I just need to be able to tell what I'm doing). I'm not counting the Capcom thing, because that did not look like gameplay, with the way everything moved, and the lack of action by what I assume to be the PC.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Looking at the last gen (or current gen, whatever) 360 had way more to play than the Wii. I know I'm not the only one who bought a 360 or PS3 because after a while there just weren't that many good Wii games coming out. Really, added multimedia features on a console in now way effect how many games it has.
    Good games is a pretty relative term, since everyone has their own preferences. I don't really care for most of the big budget"aaa" games or whatnot so Wii and PS3 are pretty close when it comes to game selection.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  5. #480
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Because like Microsoft, Apple makes computers, casual tablets are swarming the market along with their variety of cheap games, and I'm hungry.
    Macs can hardly be called a computer. And tablet/Smartphone w/e gaming is never going to make any kind of impact on the home console market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So, what exactly is the console doing different gameplay wise?
    The same thing the PS2 did to the PSX and the PS3 to the PS2, Nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Good games is a pretty relative term, since everyone has their own preferences. I don't really care for most of the big budget"aaa" games or whatnot so Wii and PS3 are pretty close when it comes to game selection.
    While I understand that "good games" is subjective, the Wii was clearly lacking in the quality department. It was full of shovelware, shitastic movies titles and party games. The other systems had those too but it was nothing to the massive degree that the Wii did it.

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DE Lewes
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Just how will the PS4 do on it's launch day?
    Remember how the PS3's launch did and it felt like that the PS3 was doomed from the start, but later got back on it's roots and back to it's PS2's glory days?
    Well I'm hoping that there will be a game that will get my attention to the PS4.

    My FireRed Champs:


    My HeartGold Team:


    My Black Team:


    My White Team:


    My White 2 Team So Far:


  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Something that actually changes how games are played this gen. So far it's basically been same gameplay with slightly better graphics (which I can't even tell apart from current gen).
    Again, what exactly are you expecting here? Between all the waggle sticks and motion cameras and dangle-dobs introduced in this gen what else do you really want? Because I'm fine with just a controller and new brilliant ideas inside my games.

    While all of that is true, it's not the point I was trying to make. Yes, 360 got more third party games than the Wii did, they did little to push their own. Microsoft doesn't tend to focus on first party exclusives the same way that Nintendo or even Sony does, they're pushing multimedia and social features like Xbox Live and Kinect and leaving third parties to push games. That's why, in a sense, they're not really competing with Nintendo and Sony, they're not interested in creating a dedicated games console as much as they are creating an entertainment center for your living room.
    Yeah, I guess Microsoft just isn't trying.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Don't people always say that you can't tell anything from game trailers for new consoles, because they are never actual gameplay, in terms of graphics though. So until we see actual gameplay, from a live demo, I'm not making any judgement on the graphics being better or worse (not that it matters anymore really, since as far as graphics go I just need to be able to tell what I'm doing). I'm not counting the Capcom thing, because that did not look like gameplay, with the way everything moved, and the lack of action by what I assume to be the PC.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Again, they had Killzone. That was gameplay.

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    but later got back on it's roots and back to it's PS2's glory days?
    What universe are you living in? Because that never happened. Yes the PS3 struggled when it was first launch due how pricey it was, removing PS2 backward compatibly, difficult to developed game on and lack of exclusive.

    Once the slim was released and Sony dropped the price did the sales finally pick up but it was nowhere near the level of PS2 glory days, that was the Wii due to the fact that it sold in big number although the good games got buried in the pile of causal and shovel ware games.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    What universe are you living in? Because that never happened. Yes the PS3 struggled when it was first launch due how pricey it was, removing PS2 backward compatibly, difficult to developed game on and lack of exclusive.

    Once the slim was released and Sony dropped the price did the sales finally pick up but it was nowhere near the level of PS2 glory days, that was the Wii due to the fact that it sold in big number although the good games got buried in the pile of causal and shovel ware games.
    Pssh nothing compares to PS2 days now that the market has changed. The Wii sold as much as it did because of casuals and low price point and a terrible economy. The Wii is basically dead now with it being lucky to reach 110 million officially in the near future.

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Black Isle, Scotland
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    low price point
    This was the clincher for me a few years ago. I loved my PS2, and I would have liked to get a PS3, but I was interested in the Wii as well. In the end, the PS3 was too expensive for me to consider it a viable option.

    I don't know much about hardware, but from what little I've read about the PS4, it's going to be built comparatively cheaply with fewer bespoke elements, and since the price point was a big reason why I chose not to get the PS3, this can only be a good thing for me. Switching consoles in this upcoming generation also has advantages for me in that I can play all those PS3 games that I missed out on. I see that the cloud-based backwards compatibility is causing some consternation here, but from my point of view, it means that I can get games from the previous generation without worrying about their scarcity or ridiculous prices due to said scarcity. So I'm actually quite excited about the PS4!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

    I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    This was the clincher for me a few years ago. I loved my PS2, and I would have liked to get a PS3, but I was interested in the Wii as well. In the end, the PS3 was too expensive for me to consider it a viable option.

    I don't know much about hardware, but from what little I've read about the PS4, it's going to be built comparatively cheaply with fewer bespoke elements, and since the price point was a big reason why I chose not to get the PS3, this can only be a good thing for me. Switching consoles in this upcoming generation also has advantages for me in that I can play all those PS3 games that I missed out on. I see that the cloud-based backwards compatibility is causing some consternation here, but from my point of view, it means that I can get games from the previous generation without worrying about their scarcity or ridiculous prices due to said scarcity. So I'm actually quite excited about the PS4!
    If I were you I would wait about 2-3 year cycle until Sony fix the hardware and software if they're planning to release PS4 this year. Plus during those cycle, that is where majority of the good games release.

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Owl City
    Posts
    481

    Default

    What do you think we will see between now and E3? It's a vital stage for Sony as they no doubt need to get people interested in their new console. I am expecting a new Media Molecule announcement (but a 2014 release) What do you think?
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

    If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    If I were you I would wait about 2-3 year cycle until Sony fix the hardware and software if they're planning to release PS4 this year. Plus during those cycle, that is where majority of the good games release.
    I actually recommend this but with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Unless you have the money to buy it at launch or have at least 5 games (preferable not ports) that you want to buy for the system.

    Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    What do you think we will see between now and E3?
    For Microsoft to show their hands by unveiling their console and then we won't hear from them, barring Nintendo since they have the Nintendo direct, until E3.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Something that actually changes how games are played this gen. So far it's basically been same gameplay with slightly better graphics (which I can't even tell apart from current gen).
    "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    While all of that is true, it's not the point I was trying to make. Yes, 360 got more third party games than the Wii did, they did little to push their own. Microsoft doesn't tend to focus on first party exclusives the same way that Nintendo or even Sony does, they're pushing multimedia and social features like Xbox Live and Kinect and leaving third parties to push games. That's why, in a sense, they're not really competing with Nintendo and Sony, they're not interested in creating a dedicated games console as much as they are creating an entertainment center for your living room.
    Well based on that reasoning only Nintendo are producing a dedicated gaming console right now (360; DVD, Live and Kinect. PS3: Blu-Ray, PSN and Move. All companies promote their exclusive games, but MS and Sony don't have that many right now so yeah you don't see as much promotion for their 1st party games as you do from Nintendo.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Do you guys think that microsoft will be able to top the features expected to be present in the PS4? We are still in the dark about the next Xbox, but could it repeat what happened with the PS3 and the 360?

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Do you guys think that microsoft will be able to top the features expected to be present in the PS4? We are still in the dark about the next Xbox, but could it repeat what happened with the PS3 and the 360?
    For that I give a big fat maybe.

    What do you mean by that last part? "Repeat what happened with the PS3 and the 360?"

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    For that I give a big fat maybe.

    What do you mean by that last part? "Repeat what happened with the PS3 and the 360?"
    Where the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, but cam out a year later, is the only thing I got.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    For that I give a big fat maybe.

    What do you mean by that last part? "Repeat what happened with the PS3 and the 360?"
    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Where the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, but cam out a year later, is the only thing I got.

    woot21 out dawgs
    that and the fact that the xbox interface was more user friendly (in my opinion) and had features like party chat. Also, a few people switched to the 360 after the psn went down. I have some friends that didn't trust the PS3 anymore so they went to Xbox. I was wondering if anyone else thought that same thing could happen again?

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    I don't think we can discount poor decisions from Sony, especially considering recent decisions made just over a year ago with the Vita (proprietary memory cards for the Vita, and the cloud storage for PSN comes to mind). They're on their way though, don't get me wrong.

    I thought what you were referring to was actually that the PS3 and 360 libraries are almost too similar. Preferences with the company or UI would be the only reason you'd choose one overwhelmingly over the other, barring a scant few exclusives for each.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Well based on that reasoning only Nintendo are producing a dedicated gaming console right now (360; DVD, Live and Kinect. PS3: Blu-Ray, PSN and Move. All companies promote their exclusive games, but MS and Sony don't have that many right now so yeah you don't see as much promotion for their 1st party games as you do from Nintendo.
    Sony has a decent amount, actually, and they're pretty much the only one of the three that has pretty much all of their bases covered. Nintendo does okay as far as variety is concerned, but they could use a few more games. Microsoft is really the only one of the three that's severely lacking in variety, as they only really have a handful of exclusives that they actively promote (Halo, Gears of War, Fable, and Forza), aside from those you pretty much have to rely on 3rd parties if you like a certain genre. For instance, my favorite genre is platforming, but you don't really see any platforming games out of Microsoft. There's a couple of them out there, sure, but none that they actively promote. Meanwhile, I have several options for platformers from the other two, Nintendo has Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Kirby, and Sony has Little Big Planet and Sly Cooper (and probably more, but I can't really think of any others off the top of my head). Sony spends some time talking about other features for their console, sure, but so has Nintendo (especially recently, they've been pushing the Gamepad and Miiverse). The difference is that Nintendo and Sony also have plenty of exclusive 1st party titles to back up their consoles, Microsoft, not so much.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Sony has a decent amount, actually, and they're pretty much the only one of the three that has pretty much all of their bases covered. Nintendo does okay as far as variety is concerned, but they could use a few more games. Microsoft is really the only one of the three that's severely lacking in variety, as they only really have a handful of exclusives that they actively promote (Halo, Gears of War, Fable, and Forza), aside from those you pretty much have to rely on 3rd parties if you like a certain genre. For instance, my favorite genre is platforming, but you don't really see any platforming games out of Microsoft. There's a couple of them out there, sure, but none that they actively promote. Meanwhile, I have several options for platformers from the other two, Nintendo has Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Kirby, and Sony has Little Big Planet and Sly Cooper (and probably more, but I can't really think of any others off the top of my head). Sony spends some time talking about other features for their console, sure, but so has Nintendo (especially recently, they've been pushing the Gamepad and Miiverse). The difference is that Nintendo and Sony also have plenty of exclusive 1st party titles to back up their consoles, Microsoft, not so much.
    How does Nintendo have less variety than Sony? A lot of their games have yet to be ported, but they have a lot more variety in their games than Sony does. Nintendo has some racing games, a lot of platformers, some good RPGs, a great shooter/first person adventure, a few sports games, and some others that I'm not remembering right now. Sony basically has shooters, a few platformers, and a racing series.

    Don't get me wrong, they both have a fantastic lineup. But as far as actual first party titles go, I don't see how Sony has more variety than Nintendo at all.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Don't get me wrong, they both have a fantastic lineup. But as far as actual first party titles go, I don't see how Sony has more variety than Nintendo at all.
    One might be inclined to believe Nintendo doesn't have much that appeal to current-gen gamers. Where the generations of old thrived on platformers and adventurey games, gamers nowadays flock to shooters (Of which Nintendo has only Metroid and Metroid is only single player and heavily story-driven) or actiony games (Of which Nintendo also has few of, none of which immediately spring to mind). Nintendo's always been about feeding off nostalgia as well as pushing IPs to do more than they think possible. People buying games and the industry leaders are content with pushing out a game that is safe and will sell well, even if that means they rehash and rehash.

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    How does Nintendo have less variety than Sony? A lot of their games have yet to be ported, but they have a lot more variety in their games than Sony does. Nintendo has some racing games, a lot of platformers, some good RPGs, a great shooter/first person adventure, a few sports games, and some others that I'm not remembering right now. Sony basically has shooters, a few platformers, and a racing series.

    Don't get me wrong, they both have a fantastic lineup. But as far as actual first party titles go, I don't see how Sony has more variety than Nintendo at all.
    Hm, lemme take another look at that.

    All right, so here are Nintendo's first party franchises:

    Mario (platformer)
    Zelda (action adventure)
    Pokemon (RPG)
    Metroid (adventure/shooter)
    Kirby (platformer)
    Donkey Kong (platformer)
    Yoshi (platformer)
    Starfox (rail shooter)
    Wario Land (platformer)
    Wario Ware (party game)
    Animal Crossing (RPG)
    Pikmin (RTS)
    Super Smash Bros. (fighting)

    Add to that some recurring spinoffs:
    Mario Kart (racing)
    Mario Sports (sports)
    Paper Mario (RPG)
    Mario & Luigi (RPG)

    And here's Sony's:

    Killzone (FPS)
    Ratchet & Clank (platformer/TPS)
    Sly Cooper (platformer)
    Little Big Planet (platformer)
    Mod Nation Racers (racing)
    Uncharted (action adventure)
    God of War (action adventure)
    inFamous (action adventure)
    Gran Turismo (racing)

    So I guess you're right, Nintendo has better variety, but barely. They could use a few more genres, like a dedicated FPS, fighting, and racing game (Metroid, Smash Bros., and Mario Kart aren't going to cut it for those genres), but I guess it's fine as is. Sony, meanwhile, could use some better RPGs and a more dedicated fighting game (whether All Stars Battle Royale takes that role remains to be seen).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    One might be inclined to believe Nintendo doesn't have much that appeal to current-gen gamers. Where the generations of old thrived on platformers and adventurey games, gamers nowadays flock to shooters (Of which Nintendo has only Metroid and Metroid is only single player and heavily story-driven) or actiony games (Of which Nintendo also has few of, none of which immediately spring to mind).
    Yeah, Nintendo doesn't really have much of those two genres. Metroid is okay, but it's really only a hybrid shooter that focuses more on action/adventure and platforming than shooting mechanics. They also have Star Fox which is a rail shooter. But they don't have any shooters that are really like the ones that most gamers flock to (CoD, Halo, etc.). They have a few action/adventure titles, but nothing like say, Prototype or inFamous or something. They could use a nice sandboxy action/adventure title.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th February 2013 at 2:53 AM.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    How does Nintendo have less variety than Sony? A lot of their games have yet to be ported, but they have a lot more variety in their games than Sony does. Nintendo has some racing games, a lot of platformers, some good RPGs, a great shooter/first person adventure, a few sports games, and some others that I'm not remembering right now. Sony basically has shooters, a few platformers, and a racing series.

    Don't get me wrong, they both have a fantastic lineup. But as far as actual first party titles go, I don't see how Sony has more variety than Nintendo at all.
    I would believe that if more than half their franchises weren't missing in the states. Where is my F-Zero/Star Fox/Earthbound/a sh*t-ton of others?

    Nintendo has nothing much except platformers out on the Wii U right now 1st partywise. Their shooter is severely lacking in MP though thats not exactly a bad thing. Their racing is nonexistent unless you count Mario Kart for some reason.

    IMO Nintendo's 1st party variety died off after SNES as N64 got less and the GC even less Nintendo first party games. The Wii literally only has 1 Pokemon game, 1 1/2 Zelda (TP is on GC), a couple of Mario games, Kirby, a few remakes such as Pikmin, 2 Metroid games and thats it.

    That vs everything the PS brand has introduced since PS1 to now. So yeah man, Sony has been showing a lot more variety in 1st party games than Nintendo imo and it looks like data backs me up too.

    You probably don't/didn't buy many Sony first party games so a lot have escaped your notice.

    Sony has 2 shooters now, Killzone and Resistance. Socom died off due to bad timing thanks to the hack attack.

    Platformers/Action: Uncharted, GOW, LBP, Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, Demon Souls, and a lot more
    Racing: Gran Turismo, Drive Club, Motorstorm
    Casual: Singstar, Move games
    Other: PSN exclusives, Heavy Rain,
    RPG: Infamous, Yakuza, and a ton of others exclusive to it.

    So yeah man Sony has been bringing variety to the table although not all of them are successful they are still available for the platform.

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I actually recommend this but with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Unless you have the money to buy it at launch or have at least 5 games (preferable not ports) that you want to buy for the system.
    To be honest, I don't really care if I have the money to buy a console on launch day, I can wait. Sony haven't learned there lesson from Mircosoft's mistake when they release the 360 on the same year when it was announced.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •