Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Any Naruto fans download the Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations demo? I was kinda disappointed by the demo because it only let you play as Naruto and go through a few fights in the story mode. I thought it would be like what they've been showing in gameplay videos where you can play as Sasuke or the Raikage and just fight as much as you want.
    I downloaded the demo, and I have to agree with you there; I thought it was lame as hell that you couldn't play with any of the new characters they introduced. I'm particularly interested in playing with both the Raikage and the Tsuchikage against whomever, not just the same Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

I'm also disappointed to see that they haven't added any new moves (from just using Naruto) or changed the animation of moves for previous characters. I was hoping to have the option of having (at the very least) one extra Jutsu or the Awakened forms having their own Ultimate Jutsu; similar to the Ultimate Ninja or (dare I say) Dragonball Z: BT series.

Characters and Jutsu aside, I do like the new Substitution Jutsu mechanic they added. I like the fact that opponents can no longer just rapidly tap the block buttons to teleport for what used to seem like an infinite amount of times. I also like how you can cancel combos and either perform a new string or dash back to confuse your opponent. Even though the combos in this series are simple compared to other Fighters, I still think it's cool to have some level of mix-up options available.

Journey.
    This game looks absolutely amazing. I think it will be this year's Bastion in terms of artistic value and emotional experience, although I don't know if it'll snag 2012's best downloadable game. Definitely picking it up (from the PSN store).

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Journey.
    This game looks absolutely amazing. I think it will be this year's Bastion in terms of artistic value and emotional experience, although I don't know if it'll snag 2012's best downloadable game. Definitely picking it up (from the PSN store).
    That looks great. I'll probably get it.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Journey.
    I was iffy about getting this because of the price, but I plan on picking it up eventually.

In other news, Demon's Souls is great.

hey guys, I looked at some headsets today, and though bluetooth costs alot less, I heard Turtle Beach is better. Which one should I get, and should I get a small one or one that covers both my ears?
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    hey guys, I looked at some headsets today, and though bluetooth costs alot less, I heard Turtle Beach is better. Which one should I get, and should I get a small one or one that covers both my ears?
    Get turtle beaches because you will become mlg legit pro like, instantly and then your super special cool cod clan will be like, the best on the Internet and you will pwn n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    In other news, Demon's Souls is great.
    I need to pick that up once I finish with Dark Souls. (which will take a long time, since there's so much to do)

Journey.
    I've been keeping my eye on this game, and I'm so glad it's getting amazing reviews. It may be short, but it looks effing beautiful, and that's worth the $15 for me.
    Last edited by Shneak; 3rd March 2012 at 2:53 AM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I need to pick that up once I finish with Dark Souls. (which will take a long time, since there's so much to do)
    I'm in the opposite situation. I want to get the full experience out of Demon's Souls before getting into Dark Souls. SPPf needs a Demon's/Dark Souls thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    SPPf needs a Demon's/Dark Souls thread.
    I would do it and make it all nice-like, but I don't play either games. I'm interested in them however, but I can't even play the games I have now, let alone the ones I want to eventually get.

I think I will get Journey though, as it's beautiful, short and just looks...great.

I would love a Souls thread but I think it would probably die fast. Then again, I don't know how many people play the games.

I feel ashamed. Found out a week or two ago that the PS3 is backwards compatible PS1 discs. >_>

And with that news, I decided to pick up Dragon Warrior VII.

Anyone can recommend me a cheap (well, at least less than $50), yet decent headset? Not the headsets mainly for talking with other people for online games, but to be connected to my TV or PS3? I don't have a surround sound stereo set-up in my room anymore, so I can't really hear EVERY single small thing happening while playing a game like Uncharted, where there are small background sounds like birds chirping and whatnot. I miss the days where I could hear every single sound happening in the game, and just relaxing to how relaxing or loud they were.
    ... Or is there already extra slots that I haven't seen in my 4 years of owning a PS3? I have those headphones that connects with the circle holes, not the USB ports.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

New PlayStation + deals. Holy crap.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...hter-and-more/

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus and Um Jammer Lammy for free. Hot damn.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus and Um Jammer Lammy for free. Hot damn.
    Damn. I wish I had Playstation Plus now.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I'm not a big fan of PlayStation +. They basically tease you with some good games for a month, and then take them away from you again afterward. Don't get me wrong, some of the deals are good, and it's a decent value if you just skim through games. But more or less what they do is give you a game to rent for a month, and then take it away from you again. I've always thought that keeping a hard copy of games is brilliant because I can just go back to it if I feel like it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I'm not a big fan of PlayStation +. They basically tease you with some good games for a month, and then take them away from you again afterward. Don't get me wrong, some of the deals are good, and it's a decent value if you just skim through games. But more or less what they do is give you a game to rent for a month, and then take it away from you again. I've always thought that keeping a hard copy of games is brilliant because I can just go back to it if I feel like it.
    Rent for a month? I've still got the Crash games that were up for + members a couple of months ago, and was set to expire on December 31st for me, but I just tried to play it again 2 weeks ago, and it was still working. Also, make sure to download the games ASAP. They might be gone by the next update, but you can always redownload them from your download list. To me, PS+ is worth every money, and then some.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    They don't take it away unless you don't resubscribe... And if you do, you can redownload your games anyway.

Will be downloading Journey tomorrow (if I get money by then).
    Also, isn't Motorstorm RC Vita free to all PS Vita owners tomorrow due to a partnership with Scion? Will also be downloading that tomorrow!

Edit: Sly Cooper 1 is free??!! That's freaking awesome!!
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 6th March 2012 at 3:22 AM.

And honestly, you're getting the ability to download and play FULL PS3 games, FULL PSN games and FULL PSOne games for a mere $17.99 for 3 months and $49.99 for a year. PS+ completely pays for itself and saves you a crap ton of money. As I've said many times before, as a former Xbox Live member, PS+ completely destroys Live in all areas. Live never offered me even half of the decent deals PS+ gave me.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

I guess I was very poorly informed. The 1 month trial that was given after the downtime in April wasn't very informative.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Anyone watches the Tester? I've been watching the recent episodes, and they are actually quite entertaining. It's not the best show out there, but at least it's more entertaining than the crap they show on real TV nowadays anyways.

My one biggest complain is the amount of Egoraptor fanboys hating the show. Sure, Egoraptor is now gone, but there's still like a million of his fanboys writing negative comments and disliking the videos. Other than that, I really like the Tester. Just a fun, mindless, and enjoyable show once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Anyone watches the Tester? I've been watching the recent episodes, and they are actually quite entertaining. It's not the best show out there, but at least it's more entertaining than the crap they show on real TV nowadays anyways.

My one biggest complain is the amount of Egoraptor fanboys hating the show. Sure, Egoraptor is now gone, but there's still like a million of his fanboys writing negative comments and disliking the videos. Other than that, I really like the Tester. Just a fun, mindless, and enjoyable show once in a while.
    I enjoy these videos much more.

Played Journey, fantastic game as was to be expected from thatgamecompany, though I still prefer Flower. Artsy games = best games.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast