Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

My PS3 won't play games without heavy stuttering now. I tried vacuuming it and giving it a Blu-Ray disc cleaner, nothing worked. Can't take it apart because I don't have the right screwdrivers yet, and spring break's almost over anyway. Kind of a bummer since I just got FFXIII-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    My PS3 won't play games without heavy stuttering now. I tried vacuuming it and giving it a Blu-Ray disc cleaner, nothing worked. Can't take it apart because I don't have the right screwdrivers yet, and spring break's almost over anyway. Kind of a bummer since I just got FFXIII-2.
    Oh wow, that sucks. How long have you had your PS3? My 40gb Phat PS3 that I got for my birthday in December 2007 got the YLOD on December 2009, but fortunately I got a new PS3 Slim just 3 days later.
    Maybe you should just get a new PS3 instead? Sending it to Sony to get repaired will cost you over $100, so I would jut rather get a new one instead. Also, having a new game, and not being able to play it must suck really bad.I hope you're able to get it fixed as soon as possible, and as cheap as possible so you can finally play FFXIII-2. I liked FFXIII way more than XIII-2, but it's still a pretty good game (even got the platinum just a few weeks ago).
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

I know at least 10 people who had the original PS3 model and only one of those guys hasn't had the YLOD yet. They're such a poorly constructed model, it's a good thing they don't make them any more, bar the backwards compatibility.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

I have a Slim so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

That said, that sucks that it failed like that, especially right after buying a new game. Reminds me of when my 360 decided to stop reading disks right when I got Combat Evolved Anniversary. :<

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Definitely adding my list of games to pick up whenever I get a Vita. Here's to hoping Sega gives us a release date for PSO2 in the west to begin with.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I have a Slim so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

That said, that sucks that it failed like that, especially right after buying a new game. Reminds me of when my 360 decided to stop reading disks right when I got Combat Evolved Anniversary. :<
    I have a 2 year old slim.

I'm probably just going to leave it at a friend's house or something and play whenever I get a chance. I don't feel like wasting more money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    I have a 2 year old slim.

I'm probably just going to leave it at a friend's house or something and play whenever I get a chance. I don't feel like wasting more money on it.
    Its not a waste if you like the game you spent your money on. Sad to hear that you would leave it at a friends house but hey at least your friend will be happy.

BTW guys download the free Vita game Motorstorm RC so that when/if you get a Vita you will have a free game for it right off the bat.

Also Jak and Daxter HD collection is now in stores and PSN.

Noteworthy Games of the month so far: Some titles did well, other crashed and burned. * (indicates games I actually own, other title recommendations are based off my own opinion and reviews I have read.)

*Mass Effect 3: Recommended if you don't have an Xbox 360 or a good PC. Buy ME 2 on PS3 for a low price as well so that you can enjoy the story.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Avoid at all costs if you were a fan of the old Ninja Gaidens that were hard to beat and actually had decapitation. Multiplayer is bad too apparently.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations: Personally wouldn't pay $60 for it but if you are a fan, go for it. Best version of the Naruto: UNS as of yet but don't quote me on that.

Resident Evil Raccoon City: Heard the AI was terribad, Not recommended.

Journey: Fun adventure title with unique interactions between players. Recommended.

Nothing else has popped up in my mind as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Avoid at all costs if you were a fan of the old Ninja Gaidens that were hard to beat and actually had decapitation. Multiplayer is bad too apparently.

Journey: Fun adventure title with unique interactions between players. Recommended.
    Those two game I have my eye on, although I properly get Ninja Gaiden 3 when the prices drop.

Nothing else has popped up in my mind as of now.
    Well I some good news for us Euro PS3 Tales fan.

Firstly an European trademark for Tales of Xillia has been uncovered.

Also when I asked @NamcoBandaiUK on Twitter if they planned to release the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia. They responded with a tweet saying.

"@samuraidon I promise you that I'm definitely pushing it from the UK point of view!"

I know it's most likely PR talk but it shine some ray of hope and just maybe they will do it.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

So apparently if you pre-order Starhawk from Gamestop, you get the Limited Edition, regardless.

Actually, they don't really let you pre-order anything else so I guess that's more of a constraint.

Regardless, for those of you who don't really want to click the link the Limited Edition comes with a new homeworld, two new multiplayer skins, a free co-op map, the game's soundtrack, a new theme for your PS3, and a free PSone copy of the original Warhawk.

Looks tempting.

Welp, guess who bought a PSP go recently? I mainly bought it run PS1 games off of, as emulators don't seem to like my computer for whatever reason :s. Anyhow, that means I had to run CFW, which is very much akin to Wii Homebrew. Even the installation is similar!

But lately, I've been playing mostly PSP games :/.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Welp, guess who bought a PSP go recently? I mainly bought it run PS1 games off of, as emulators don't seem to like my computer for whatever reason :s. Anyhow, that means I had to run CFW, which is very much akin to Wii Homebrew. Even the installation is similar!

The best thing about the PSP failing in the west is that the game are dirt cheap. However there are some games that never made it over here because of that.

Anyway the games that I have been buying for my PSP are mostly JRPG.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

>PSP Go
    Why would you do that?

Welp, guess who bought a PSP go recently?
    Wow...you're doing it ALL wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    >PSP Go
    Why would you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    PSP Go's are dirt-cheap nowadays, and with all the built in storage you can hold tons of games.

If you install CFW... you don't exactly HAVE to buy the games. Yeah, its illegal, but thats probably what he's doing if he installed CFW.

Personally, I rip the Game Data from the UMD's with my slim, and transfer the games to my Go.
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

Apparently Dick Smith is having a massive sale soon and I might be able to pick up a PSP 3000 for $40. Thinking about it, if only for the "collectible value".

>PSP Go
    Why would you do that?
    >16 GB storage
    >PS1 roms
    >Don't feel like paying for a overpriced memory card

That, and I still plan on getting a PS3 (this year... for sure... working on it >_>) and apparently I can use a PS3 controller with it.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Well damn, glad I didn't ask you guys for advice on the matter :P. I'm allowed to play games how I want... even if it's not in "proper view".

And quite frankly, getting a used one with 16GB storage with expandable memory is the reason. And I'm gonna be running CFW anyways.

And I didn't already own a PSP. As... that's apparently what they made this thing for?

I like it. It work for my needs, and that's all that matters, no?

edit:
        Spoiler:- try before you buy:
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 30th March 2012 at 3:34 AM.

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

The problem with buying games digitally on the Go is the fact that you miss out on a **** ton of games that aren't digital and the costs ends up being more expensive than getting the UMD. In fact, Persona 1 - 3 JUST dropped in price yesterday. They've been cheaper physically for several months now.

The problem with buying games digitally on the Go is the fact that you miss out on a **** ton of games that aren't digital and the costs ends up being more expensive than getting the UMD. In fact, Persona 1 - 3 JUST dropped in price yesterday. They've been cheaper physically for several months now.
    I have ways of getting around that issue; legitimate or not, but I have ways. I also said I'm not going to be using my PSP go for PSP games specifically, since that's not entirely what I bought it for.

And $77 off of ebay wasn't a bad buy either :P. Sure, I could have bought one of the standard models, but I didn't feel like buying a memory stick for extra cost.

I'm just cheap like that, so sue me. And besides, for my purposes, it gets the job done. And that's all that matters in the end.

- Cobaltios

Heads up to everyone that Starhawk is coming out in less than a few weeks. Also GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION!!! <-Link to source.

It might seem like Sony is going to milk the series but at least they waited 2 years to announce it lol. Also it should be coming out 2013, so hopefully I have a job by then to start putting money into the pre-order. I'm already itching to kill some gods and get back into the gory world of Kratos.

In other news I did not buy anything for the PS3 in April so far. All the big releases are coming out in May so I'll wait and save my money.

The PSN had an update and new things are available.

PSN update

Title Recommendation of the month: Skullgirls

A nice fighting game for a good price. Good ratings too from people.

Thats my update for April.

Also GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION!!! <-Link to source.

It might seem like Sony is going to milk the series but at least they waited 2 years to announce it lol. Also it should be coming out 2013, so hopefully I have a job by then to start putting money into the pre-order. I'm already itching to kill some gods and get back into the gory world of Kratos.
    So this is before God of War I, but after he kills his family right? Because it looks like he still has their ashes on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So this is before God of War I, but after he kills his family right? Because it looks like he still has their ashes on him.
    I dunno, not that much information yet. If he doesn't have the ghost white skin then no its not after he kills his family. But if he has the ghostlike skin then yes the game is set after he kills his family.

Anyone playing the Ghost Recon beta??
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Starhawk's out today (last copy of the Limited Edition woo). The campaign is a bit weak, but the multiplayer is amazing. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Starhawk's out today (last copy of the Limited Edition woo). The campaign is a bit weak, but the multiplayer is amazing. I highly recommend it.
    Maybe one of these days.

I should probably get back to my PS2/3 while my internet connection is down the tubes the way it is... because it really, really is. I got the Mega Man X Collection for about $20. I've played five of the games on it (missing only X5 and Battle & Chase), but X6 was a rental, X1 was an old PC game, and X2 and X3... use your imagination. (I did own a legitimate X4, though. Still do!)
    Last edited by The Admiral; 9th May 2012 at 2:25 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

PS3. Halo, Fez, and some other indie games is the only thing 360 has for me that I can't play on PS3 and/or PC(Like MGS HD, Arkham City, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed etc..), whereas PS3 has Uncharted, LittleBIGPlanet, Sly HD, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, Starhawk, (I'm no fan, but they are pretty good) God of War, Resistance, Heavy Rain, and soon to come PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Sly 4!!!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast