Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Vita can stream PS4 games? Cool. Now all of 56 people that own one can finally do something interesting with it.
    I got mine for Christmas and I've been using the thing like everyday. So I'm excited about the Remote Play for PS4 idea, though I hope it works better than the PS3 version.

Very impressed with the conference today, and the sony blog i believe it was confirmed cross game chat, don't have to listen to people whine about that anymore! They seem to have fixed a good few of the problems with the PS3, except one that we don't know if they did or not yet, still need to know the price tag Dx Hopefully it's nothing ridiculous like last time around's launch...

Btw, the $10 today was nice! That's good for an older game or 2 that i wanna try out!

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Okay my laptop overheated during the presentation and I totally missed out on seeing Johnathan Blow there. Apparently Sony's letting indie devs self-publish? That's huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I got mine for Christmas and I've been using the thing like everyday. So I'm excited about the Remote Play for PS4 idea, though I hope it works better than the PS3 version.
    How is the PS3 version anyway? I haven't gotten a Vita yet but I haven't heard but about people using the feature.

Okay my laptop overheated during the presentation and I totally missed out on seeing Johnathan Blow there. Apparently Sony's letting indie devs self-publish? That's huge!
    I had to go to rite aid for some random reason right before the killzone part came up and then i got back right after it finished, was so ticked lol. But yeah, I already like the sounds of this one

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    How is the PS3 version anyway? I haven't gotten a Vita yet but I haven't heard but about people using the feature.
    Back on Boxing Day I was with my friend and we decided to try it out with his PS3 Shadow of the Colossus. It works fine, the game plays like normal except for two things. First is that since the Vita only has two shoulder buttons you have to compensate with something else for R2 and L2. It can be touch controls, button combos, they give you some options but nothing really translates that seamlessly. So if PS4 games are going to take advantage of this I hope the devs keep that in mind. The second thing is that it's kind of pointless since the PS3 is right there. The only way it'd be really useful would be on the go which apparently is possible via internet but we didn't test that out.

If the internet thing works the way I hope it would then I could seriously regret getting the Wi-Fi only model. Having portable PS4 games in 2013 would be a dream.

Very impressive conference today. Can't wait to what else is in store for the PS4!!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    The controller looks very interesting! I can't wait to hold it in my hands, what do you all think?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...er-dualshock-4
    One I've seen in some images looks different (longer grips) to the one that was being held up (more like the Dual Shock 3)... so dunno.

So do we know if this is going to be backwards compatible with PS3/PS2 games?

I assume it'll be PS1 compatible since even the PS3 is, and it'll likely have PS2/PS3 games available similar to PS2 games on PS3 right now, but what about the actual discs?

Damn I would have loved to see a Gran Turismo teaser at the press conference. But I have to say the trailer for DriveClub looks pretty neat as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I don't work for Sony, but let me just try to make these PS4 questions more "informative" and make it sound, in a way, positive.
    •Yes, the PS4 WILL support optical media, meaning Blu-ray, DVDs, and CDs. This doesn't confirm that the PS4 will PLAY PS3 games however, as I don't think the PS4 has the Cell chip that was used for PS3 games. However, if the PS4 DOES have the Cell, or has an evolved Cell, then there's a HUGE chance the PS4 will play PS3 games, which can also mean PS1 BC included, but no PS2 BC (due to the PS3 also removing the Emotion chips the PS2 used)
    •Cloud-service is being used on Steam, XBox Live, and PSN (except for the Wii and Wii U... -_-) right now, which is the feature to save your game saves into the cloud (literally). I guess this is a more convenient way of transferring your saves than with USBs, but it's a smart move by Sony and Microsoft, as it can be a way for PS3 and Xbox 360 saves to transfer to PS4 and Xbox 720.
    •Gaikai was and is a SMART buy by Sony. Look at the Playstation Store right now. Not every PS1-3 game is in the store. In fact, there are ALOT of games missing. With Gaikai, Sony will be able to bring back these games, and let you stream them on your PS4 and Vita (and maybe even PS3). I'm not sure the extent Sony will use Gaikai, but they will definitely use Gaikai to not only bring back a lot of classic Playstation games to the next gen audience, but only increase the amount of games next gen users will be able to play.
    •Shuhei Yoshida (President of SCE Worldwide Studio) and Jack Tretton (President and CEO of SCEA) have expressed that they do not want to block used games for the PS4... Who would block used game sales anyways? Letting that happen will literally make you the next Sega, ie getting out of the hardware industry. That's the DUMBEST thing a company can incorporate into their product. Not everyone has the money to buy the newest thing when they come out, and have to wait until that game lowers in price. Plus, there's going to be new PS4 owners a few years from now who want to play the older PS4 games.

Some people might think this is too enthusiastic, but I'd rather it be this way than letting other misinformed people misinform other those curious about the PS4. There's nothing worse than hearing people say the PS4 will not have BC, when in reality, Sony bought Gaikai just for this very same reason, and to give more games to PS4 players.
    Get your dirty Gaijin hands off my pure Nippon games!
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    If watch dogs and/or destiny are ps3 exclusives, that automatically decides what console I'm getting. Idgaf if the Xbox hasn't even been announced. Case closed. Also lol at everyone who spammed twitter with "OMG ACTIVISION'S TALKING!!! THEY'RE GONNA ANNOUNCE THE NEXY COD!!!"
    *facepalm*

also did they talk about PSN being free or will we have to pay this time around? Or was it not mentioned?
    Destiny is for both ps3 and Xbox and so is watch dogs I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I don't work for Sony, but let me just try to make these PS4 questions more "informative" and make it sound, in a way, positive.
    •Yes, the PS4 WILL support optical media, meaning Blu-ray, DVDs, and CDs. This doesn't confirm that the PS4 will PLAY PS3 games however, as I don't think the PS4 has the Cell chip that was used for PS3 games. However, if the PS4 DOES have the Cell, or has an evolved Cell, then there's a HUGE chance the PS4 will play PS3 games, which can also mean PS1 BC included, but no PS2 BC (due to the PS3 also removing the Emotion chips the PS2 used)
    •Cloud-service is being used on Steam, XBox Live, and PSN (except for the Wii and Wii U... -_-) right now, which is the feature to save your game saves into the cloud (literally). I guess this is a more convenient way of transferring your saves than with USBs, but it's a smart move by Sony and Microsoft, as it can be a way for PS3 and Xbox 360 saves to transfer to PS4 and Xbox 720.
    •Gaikai was and is a SMART buy by Sony. Look at the Playstation Store right now. Not every PS1-3 game is in the store. In fact, there are ALOT of games missing. With Gaikai, Sony will be able to bring back these games, and let you stream them on your PS4 and Vita (and maybe even PS3). I'm not sure the extent Sony will use Gaikai, but they will definitely use Gaikai to not only bring back a lot of classic Playstation games to the next gen audience, but only increase the amount of games next gen users will be able to play.
    •Shuhei Yoshida (President of SCE Worldwide Studio) and Jack Tretton (President and CEO of SCEA) have expressed that they do not want to block used games for the PS4... Who would block used game sales anyways? Letting that happen will literally make you the next Sega, ie getting out of the hardware industry. That's the DUMBEST thing a company can incorporate into their product. Not everyone has the money to buy the newest thing when they come out, and have to wait until that game lowers in price. Plus, there's going to be new PS4 owners a few years from now who want to play the older PS4 games.

Some people might think this is too enthusiastic, but I'd rather it be this way than letting other misinformed people misinform other those curious about the PS4. There's nothing worse than hearing people say the PS4 will not have BC, when in reality, Sony bought Gaikai just for this very same reason, and to give more games to PS4 players.
    Well Idk about anyone else but I enjoy having my physical collecion of the games that I have bought over the years, what if something fails and all the Cloud data gets corrupted/deleted? Since it is said the PS4 cannot play the PS3 games natively.
    What of all the current games I have on PS3, do I have to re-purchase everything?
    Then what, what happens to all the games and stuff? Yeah no. I think that if Sony is going to charge $400+ (the estimated price for it) the very least they could have done is allowed the damn PS4 to be able to pop in a PS3 disc and play it while not restricting it's hardware/software boundaries.
    Last edited by [ACE] Zero; 21st February 2013 at 1:18 PM.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

The console does exist, that's what they were showing off today. That was the entire point of the presentation. Not to mention they said "This is running live on the PS4" for Killzone, Capcom, SE, Quantic Dream, Unreal Engine 4, pretty much everything they showed.
    The console not existing thing was a joke. Doesn't change the fact that everything besides Watch Dogs looked like it was a cutscene, which would be pre-rendered.

Why not? It's a PS4 game now too. It was probably the only one ready to be demonstrated at this point.
    It wasn't actual PS4 footage, it was PC footage. We still have no idea what the PS4 can do in terms of actual gameplay video.

Except you don't. They didn't say that at all.
    Then I was misinformed.

They're not going to cater to neckbeards, they're going for the larger part of the market. Besides if it's on a button then that means it's optional.
    Until you hit it accidentally because of the awkward placement of it. It is right above the D-Pad, just seems like horrible placement, for a horrible idea. At least put it in the middle of the controller like every other home/pause button.

I don't know, they never said. I'm going to say probably.
    That could really hurt sales, even more so if the no used games thing is true.

I'm not anti-Sony, just for the sake of it. I've given Sony a chance in the past with a PS2, and was extremely disappointed. Part of it was the fact I had to pay extra to have four people play at once (that was a joke), plus another part of it was it couldn't run certain games (the blue disks), then you add in the ridiculous price of the PS3 at launch. The whole things was just a disappointment. Besides, if this console fails, that would be bad for the industry has a whole, which isn't something people want to see.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

The idea of having the entire Playstation library of games available is appealing to me, however I'm not so sure about streaming them. Cloud storage and game streaming are both things that I'm hesitant about mostly because I don't know how reliable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    The console not existing thing was a joke. Doesn't change the fact that everything besides Watch Dogs looked like it was a cutscene, which would be pre-rendered.
    Oh, okay a joke, gotcha. Just because it looked like a cutscene doesn't mean that it was pre-rendered though. Think of something like Metal Gear Solid 4, which is a cutscene but everything is running in-game.

It wasn't actual PS4 footage, it was PC footage. We still have no idea what the PS4 can do in terms of actual gameplay video.
    How about that Killzone video?

Until you hit it accidentally because of the awkward placement of it. It is right above the D-Pad, just seems like horrible placement, for a horrible idea. At least put it in the middle of the controller like every other home/pause button.
    Yeah, middle of the controller would be much better. I doubt there's going to be accidental Facebook posts just because you pushed the button though. It'd probably ask what you wanted to share first.

Dam now i'm wondering what will happen now to your PSN friends. After launch, no one will be online anymore and play. Or will PS4 users be online on people's PS3 friendslist?

1. Streaming games is not backwards compatibility. Even if you already own the game, you have to pay for it again to play it on the new device.
    2. You do not own streamed games, nor do you have full control over the ability to play them. This is something that is likely more akin to netflix than actually buying a game in the store. (depending on whether it's per game or a monthly fee)

This isn't to say any of this is horrible or anything, but the point of backwards compatibility is to use the games you already for an older system on a newer one. It does not mean "this system can play games originally designed for an older system".

If it doesn't charge you to play games you already own, than it's probably close enough. (though it's technically reimbursement in that case) But I didn't hear any mention of payment yet.
    Last edited by Zazie; 21st February 2013 at 10:58 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I just want everyone to remember that Square Enix basically showed old footage and then said "get excited for E3!" and left.

Streaming games is the worst idea ever. Well, maybe. The speed you play games is totally dependent on your internet connection. Not to meantion that a streaming console has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Well while I want a proper look at the conference (mainly cause the stream I was able to watch was buggy and laggy as heck) here are my initial thoughts.

Pros:
    ~ Killzone: Shadow Fall.
    Looked beautiful and engaging.
    ~ Better integration for players.
    Definitely feel the PS3 user interface is less welcoming than the 360's so I welcome the concept of an interface focus. Most definitely like how easy it sounds like it will be to record game footage and share it. Not so sure I like the idea of someone being able to take control of my game though.

Cons
    ~ Console itself didn't appear.
    ...How the heck can you have a conference about a new console without showing the actual console?
    ~ Suggestion of using actual names and pictures
    That's gotta represent a huge potential security risk. Also why can't Sony introduce it's own Avatar system?
    ~ Just 2 exclusives?
    From what I saw they only announced 2 PS4 exclusives...
    ~ Increased focus on 'The Cloud' and Downloads
    Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like physical copies of games and to have things stored on my console.
    ~ No discussion of whether or not a constant internet connection is required or if the console will block used games.

Things I'm neutral about
    ~ The controller.
    Sounds and looks okay, but can't be sure of its size until I get actual measurements.
    You know forgot one more con, release PS4 on the same year that it announce which will cause hardware or software problems (just like the X-Box 360).
    On the plus side, I just got the news that PS4 WILL NOT BLOCK USED GAME. As for the games, the game that caught my attention was Watch Dog.

-Edit-
    As for the used game market, some gaming developers will find a way to block the used game. An example of a gaming company that would: Capcom.
    Last edited by KrayzieBuddha; 22nd February 2013 at 5:19 AM.

And isn't that their whole claim about how much better games will look on the PS4?

Based on what reasoning? Just because we didn't see an actual console doesn't mean that a working unit wasn't in use.

That could really hurt sales, even more so if the no used games thing is true.
    No statement on that so can't make a conclusion. They said later on that there will be no ban on used games (which will rule that out completely for another generation at least because MS won't go it alone).

So, what exactly is the console doing different gameplay wise? Anything? Because I'm certainly not seeing it, it looks like same gameplay with slightly better graphics.

I do like some of the titles they announced, like Watch Dogs and Knack.

The gameplay graphics look outstanding but I'm going to wait like I did with my PS3 or maybe less. So far the hardware looks great but it comes down to the games in the end and that's what I'm going to wait for.

The real question is what's Microsoft up to now? Apple or Sony and Nintendo? Which way shall you choose?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The real question is what's Microsoft up to now? Apple or Sony and Nintendo? Which way shall you choose?
    Most likely the latter. Microsoft isn't really trying to be a games console, but an entertainment hub. They tend to do a lot more for their consoles' social and multimedia features than actual games .

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Based on what reasoning? Just because we didn't see an actual console doesn't mean that a working unit wasn't in use.
    Actually they did go out and say it was running on a PC. I'd imagine it's one they assembled with the same specs as their PS4 so there's really not much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So, what exactly is the console doing different gameplay wise? Anything? Because I'm certainly not seeing it, it looks like same gameplay with slightly better graphics.
    What exactly were you expecting? A virtual reality headset?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I'm probably going to end up doing what I did this generation, and that's gradually get all three consoles. That is, provided they each have interesting exclusives this time around.

Also why would you even mention Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Most likely the latter. Microsoft isn't really trying to be a games console, but an entertainment hub. They tend to do a lot more for their consoles' social and multimedia features than actual games .
    Looking at the last gen (or current gen, whatever) 360 had way more to play than the Wii. I know I'm not the only one who bought a 360 or PS3 because after a while there just weren't that many good Wii games coming out. Really, added multimedia features on a console in now way effect how many games it has.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast