Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    In the past four years-ish, I've had two ps3's and the one I have now is great. I love playing games like Creed, Batman, Modern Warfare and Nazi Zombies. Anyone who wants to add me, my psn name is the same as this one but don't ask if I will ever turn to Xbox because they seem the same as ps3's, only you don't have to pay to play online for ps3's.
    Imo the only thing Xbox has over PS3 is it's better for hosting lobbies and playing with friends.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Imo the only thing Xbox has over PS3 is it's better for hosting lobbies and playing with friends.
    Superior controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Superior controller.
    I have to repeat this for the 8th time I believe but there are Xbox styled PS3 controllers available for a pretty cheap price.

Superior controller.
    That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I prefer the PS3 controller because it feels more comfortable in my hands and the d-pad is easier to access. I'm sure if I played Xbox more frequently, it'd be more comfortable, but I've only played Xbox a handful of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    I have to repeat this for the 8th time I believe but there are Xbox styled PS3 controllers available for a pretty cheap price.
    Keeping count are you?
    And yes, I know. I've actually bought an adapter that allows me to use my wired 360 controller, so playing those few exclusive games I'm interested in isn't a complete pain.

That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I prefer the PS3 controller because it feels more comfortable in my hands and the d-pad is easier to access. I'm sure if I played Xbox more frequently, it'd be more comfortable, but I've only played Xbox a handful of times.
    The PS3 controller feels small and brittle in my hands (which is saying something, seeing as I don't have very large hands) and the analogue stick placement still feels wrong. The lack of concave sticks is also a problem with my thumbs normally slipping off and the idea to add concave triggers is downright stupid.
    Also, not that I believe the 360 D-Pad isn't inferior, but I am yet to come across games that require significant use of the D-Pad.

The PS3 controller feels small and brittle in my hands (which is saying something, seeing as I don't have very large hands)
    It feels fine to me, and I don't have large hands either.

and the analogue stick placement still feels wrong. The lack of concave sticks is also a problem with my thumbs normally slipping off and the idea to add concave triggers is downright stupid.
    The stick placement isn't bad in my opinion, and in all my years of playing the PS3 my fingers have never slipped.

Anyway, controller preference is a matter of opinion. I've played with the 360 and PS3 controller for a very long time, and I think the 360 one is slightly better. However, I play on the PS3 more, and I never have a problem with the controller.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I don't like the way the left and right triggers fall back on a PS3 controller. Kinda a down/backwards motion. Even the PS2 controller is better IMO. Though I bear with it when I play motorstorm at my friends house. And despite my midget hands, and playing the PS2 for all those years, the 360 controller still feels more natural to me.

All that being said, someone who owns a PS3 and not a 360 would probably take some adjusting to a 360 controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Crash Bandicoot WOC is one of my favorite games ever. I like it even better than the original game.
    Ugh I hated Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex the game felt so buggy look like it was unfinished. Now Crash Bandicoot 2 that was a great game out of all of them.

The PS3 controller feels small and brittle in my hands
    Not to mention it feel very cheap then again it is like that with all of Sony's product.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 20th December 2011 at 3:37 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Ugh I hated Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex the game felt so buggy look like it was unfinished. Now Crash Bandicoot 2 that was a great game out of all of them.

Not to mention it feel very cheap then again it is like that with all of Sony's product.
    It may feel cheap, but it is (was?) more expensive than the 360 and Wii controllers. Going by overpriced aussie retail prices, 360 = $70 PS3 = $99. Something like that, though it may have changed since then.

WOC ftw

It may feel cheap, but it is (was?) more expensive than the 360 and Wii controllers. Going by overpriced aussie retail prices, 360 = $70 PS3 = $99. Something like that, though it may have changed since then.
    That is where the problem lies because it so overprice for something that feels so cheap I can't help but feel that the controller will just fall apart in my hand.

WOC ftw
    Still a crappy game.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 20th December 2011 at 2:04 PM.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Stop bashing Sony. GTFO and go to the Xbox thread if you're going to do that.

How about you stop being a blind Sony fan boy and you will look less stupid. Also what bashing are you talking about all we were saying is how the controller isn't as good as the other controller in the market.

^ Best post ever.

How about you stop being a blind Sony fan boy and you will look less stupid. Also what bashing are you talking about all we were saying is how the controller isn't as good as the other controller in the market.
    A "blind Sony fanboy". Right.

What do you mean, "what bashing?" you're saying Sony products are sh!t and they're overpriced.

If you don't like Sony, I'll say it again: just get the fuck out of here.

Cry some more. I didn't say the PS3 controller was utter ****, I just pointed out it's design flaws. blaze boy was just expressing his opinion on a certain game, even stating his fondness for another of the same series. Overpricing is subjective as well, seeing as things cost more in certain countries and even then, you can shop around for cheaper.
    We can't all be one-console peasants like you, some of us have to deal with (oh no!) comparisons.

Cry some more.
    WTF

I didn't say the PS3 controller was utter ****, I just pointed out it's design flaws. blaze boy was just expressing his opinion on a certain game, even stating his fondness for another of the same series. Overpricing is subjective as well, seeing as things cost more in certain countries and even then, you can shop around for cheaper.
    For a start I wasn't even talking to you, I was talking to blaze boy. All you said was that you didn't like the controller, something I can understand. But blaze boy is just complaining. Expressing his opinion, yes, but he can do that without completely throwing PS3 in the trash. If you don't like something, don't go to a thread ABOUT that thing because there will be disagreements.

We can't all be one-console peasants like you, some of us have to deal with (oh no!) comparisons.
    And as a matter of fact, before I got my Playstation, I played it, the Xbox and even tried out PC before making the purchase. I'm no "one-console peanut", I just prefer the Playstation 3.

But blaze boy is just complaining. Expressing his opinion, yes, but he can do that without completely throwing PS3 in the trash.
    What! I said nothing bad about the PS3. All I said that the PS3 controller feels cheap, brittle and over priced and how it is the same with Sony other product.

If you don't like something, don't go to a thread ABOUT that thing because there will be disagreements.
    Did I say that the Playstation is a piece of crap? Like Slick I just stated the flaw of the Controller and guess what I would done the same if the thread was a nintendo theard or a Xbox thread.

^ Best post ever.

Alright knock it off. All controllers are overpriced because thats how the company makes money from their accessories.

SGG you are in the wrong, blaze boy has the right to say if the controller is not up to his standards. Don't let this turn into a flame war. Also Slick try not to bait him sheesh.

If you love watching movies then PSN has $0.99 deals going on good movies from now to December 31st.

You can buy Blue Ray movies for under $10 bucks as well. I'm thinking of picking up Thor since I never watched it.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 20th December 2011 at 10:12 PM.

Im planning on getting Sonic CD on the psn. The game looks good (apart from graphics)
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Also what bashing are you talking about
    This:

It is perfectly fine of you think Xbox has a better controller because the PS3 one is too flimsy, but when you make false generalizations such as this then it is just stupid.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

What! I said nothing bad about the PS3. All I said that the PS3 controller feels cheap, brittle and over priced and how it is the same with Sony other product.

Did I say that the Playstation is a piece of crap? Like Slick I just stated the flaw of the Controller and guess what I would done the same if the thread was a nintendo theard or a Xbox thread.

Well, try reading your first paragraph. You just said that other Sony products felt cheap, brittle, and overpriced. And since you didn't specifically mention any Sony product, I'm just going to take it as ALL Sony products. Also, your "cheap, brittle, and overpriced" part, I'm gonna have to label you as a massive Playstation hater because you didn't mention Nintendo and Microsoft. The Xbox 360 is the worst offender with it's Red Ring (yeah, barely happens anymore, but it still happened before), and the 3DS feels very cheap IMO (hey, you thought that the DS3 felt cheap. I think it feels nice, and doesn't feel cheap at all)

Did I just say that the Xbox 360 was crap and the 3DS felt cheap? Like the guy above me said, I just stated the flaw in your comment and how I have to stop you so that you don't bring in fanboyish and flamebait comments in these type of threads anymore. G'day, sir!!
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

If any of you saw, i have the yellow light of death.

But we have the first type of PS3. Like the very first edition.

So we might upgrade to the 160 GB version

But not in time for Christmas
    Charizard

Enought Said

Exactly. You said Sony's other products are cheap and overpriced. Last I checked, the PS3 is included in the list of Sony's products.

No, you didn't say the Playstation was crap. What you did say, or at least what you're inferring, is that Sony is shitty.

SGG you are in the wrong, blaze boy has the right to say if the controller is not up to his standards.
    He's doing more than saying the controller isn't for him, he's saying Sony as a whole is "cheap, brittle and over priced".

You've lost.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 20th December 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Exactly. You said Sony's other products are cheap and overpriced. Last I checked, the PS3 is included in the list of Sony's products.

No, you didn't say the Playstation was crap. What you did say, or at least what you're inferring, is that Sony is shitty.

He's doing more than saying the controller isn't for him, he's saying Sony as a whole is "cheap, brittle and over priced".
    True and I'm sorry to have wrongly accused you but telling him to gtfo isn't helping.

Best you can do is ignore him or report him if his posts continue to bash the Sony company.

Best you can do is ignore him or report him if his posts continue to bash the Sony company.
    Alright, sorry I should have thought of that earlier. I blocked him, now let's just move on.

Wait, I thought we already knew Sony was shitty?
    I mean to some degree every company is pretty damn shitty, is all I'm sayin'.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast