Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardfan900 View Post
    If any of you saw, i have the yellow light of death.

But we have the first type of PS3. Like the very first edition.

So we might upgrade to the 160 GB version

But not in time for Christmas
    I think I had the same type of playstation as you back in may last year. It was the originaly type of playstation and was very good until the yellow light of death came. If you intend on getting a new ps3 and want to keep the same username, then you'll have to enter it onto the new one. The bad news is that all of your save files on the old ps3 will not go onto the new os3 but all of the downloads and money you had on the ps3 will be saved.

I would recommend you go for the 250 GB version, it is pretty pricey but it can withstand a lot of downloads and games. I've had it for about a year and a half and I have encountered no problems with it.

Also about all of the disagreements regarding the ps3 and xbox controllers; it is just a matter of opinion and what your suited to and prefer. I have used the ps3 controllers more than the xbox ones so I am suited to that but if you play both consoles regularly, you'll find differences between them. What I don't understand is the flamming against the ps3's and sony in general, but I'm not getting into it.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Hey guys Christmas has passed and some of you must of gotten some games as presents or bought some thanks to sales.

So what Playstation games did you guys buy this year?

I've bought Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Batman: Arkham City and payed off my preorder for Mass effect 3 Collector's edition for PS3.

I plan to buy FFXIII-2 later on along with Twisted Metal somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 26th December 2011 at 7:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    So what Playstation game did you guys buy this year?
    Portal 2
    Uncharted 3
    Dark Souls
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

So yeah, amazing year.

I haven't bought anything for my Playstation 3. I'm contemplating purchasing a Vita at launch, but still not sure about it.

I haven't played a playstation console for a long time. the last i played was my friends PSP. If i remember the last game i bought for my PS2 was probably Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Was playing Corpse Party on my PSP during Christmas Eve. Finished the first chapter.

Got some Christmas money, so I've spent some of it on a few PS3 games:

Also bought Sonic CD and Grandia on PSN. Been enjoying having PS+. Thanks to it, I got Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3, Crash Team Racing, Spyro the Dragon 1 - 3, Tomb Raider Underworld and Hydrophobia for absolutely nothing.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Is Yakuza 3 actually fun? I always wanted to try it but I dunno if it is any good. Also those are some good deals you got there Chris. Careful with the free PSN+ games though, they disappear if you stop using PSN+.

Which reminds me that the first thing I should do when I get a job is buy a PSN+ subscription lol.

For X-mas I got a 160gb PS3 Slim :3
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    For X-mas I got a 160gb PS3 Slim :3
    Congrats bobyjoe. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. I wish I had 40 extra gigs right now lol. I have the 120gb PS3 from last year. But I'm glad I bought it early. I got to enjoy a lot of games.

So what kinda games do you like? Most of us can recommend some of the best FPS, RPG, Action/adventure, Fighting, and other games on the PS3 that go for relatively cheap prices.

Is Yakuza 3 actually fun? I always wanted to try it but I dunno if it is any good. Also those are some good deals you got there Chris. Careful with the free PSN+ games though, they disappear if you stop using PSN+.
    I enjoyed the first Yakuza (missed out on Yakuza 2, now it's a ***** and a half to find), and I've heard the rest of the series has been consistently good. Plus it's $15, so I couldn't pass.

And I'm aware of the loss of games with PS+. It's more incentive for me to keep it. It's FAR better than when I had Xbox Live Gold. I actually get something out of it, rather than needing it to access the online portion of my games or to watch Netflix.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats bobyjoe. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. I wish I had 40 extra gigs right now lol. I have the 120gb PS3 from last year. But I'm glad I bought it early. I got to enjoy a lot of games.

So what kinda games do you like? Most of us can recommend some of the best FPS, RPG, Action/adventure, Fighting, and other games on the PS3 that go for relatively cheap prices.
    I dont know much ps3 games, but I guess Im a bit of a fan of CoD, littlebig planet and grand theft auto. btw, should I get mw2, 3 or BO. most people are saying mw3

Credit to Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I enjoyed the first Yakuza (missed out on Yakuza 2, now it's a ***** and a half to find), and I've heard the rest of the series has been consistently good. Plus it's $15, so I couldn't pass.

And I'm aware of the loss of games with PS+. It's more incentive for me to keep it. It's FAR better than when I had Xbox Live Gold. I actually get something out of it, rather than needing it to access the online portion of my games or to watch Netflix.
    Oh man I better start saving up to buy them if its that cheap. I have a really bad habit of buying games at full price when they come out, I mean some of the time its worth it but others, I wish I waited for a price drop.

I dont know much ps3 games, but I guess Im a bit of a fan of CoD, littlebig planet and grand theft auto. btw, should I get mw2, 3 or BO. most people are saying mw3
    Get MW3 because if you have to get something that is MW then get the newest one which is number 3.

Also you might want to try out Red Dead Redemption, its like GTA4 but with a western theme. Also Saint Rows: The Third is an insanely fun sandbox game that reminds you of GTA: San Andreas.

Don't forget to try out demos to the PS3's hottest exclusives like Uncharted 1 and 2 demo.

Oh man I better start saving up to buy them if its that cheap. I have a really bad habit of buying games at full price when they come out, I mean some of the time its worth it but others, I wish I waited for a price drop.

Get MW3 because if you have to get something that is MW then get the newest one which is number 3.

Also you might want to try out Red Dead Redemption, its like GTA4 but with a western theme. Also Saint Rows: The Third is an insanely fun sandbox game that reminds you of GTA: San Andreas.

Don't forget to try out demos to the PS3's hottest exclusives like Uncharted 1 and 2 demo.
    ok just hope the have mp5 as a starting weapon. it would rock if famas or m4 was a starting weapon. they could replace draconoffs

Credit to Astral Shadow

The Famas is out of the game, but is "replaced" by the Type 95 as a 3 round burst gun

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    btw, should I get mw2, 3 or BO. most people are saying mw3
    It's really the same ****. Take a gander at the Metacritic user reviews for MW3. Everyone's pretty much agreed it's a copy/paste job that simply prints money. It's the shooter equivalent of Madden.

Save your money for better games. The PS3's littered with damn fine games.

It's really the same ****. Take a gander at the Metacritic user reviews for MW3. Everyone's pretty much agreed it's a copy/paste job that simply prints money. It's the shooter equivalent of Madden.

Save your money for better games. The PS3's littered with damn fine games.
    >ponies
    Don't bother with this guy Chris.

So what Playstation games did you guys buy this year?
    If you mean for the holiday season 0 games. I didn't get any for christmas and the money I got is already going to things I really want to buy later.

If you mean this year in general I got 1 game, King of Fighters 2006 for $5. I like the game a lot. It may feel a little wonky, but I like the combination of 2d and 3d fighting game styles and the stylish unlockable outfits.

It's shame Yakuza 2 is hard to find. I was hoping to try it out sometime in the future. Yakuza 1 should be a good substitute I guess.
    Last edited by Zazie; 26th December 2011 at 4:11 PM.

Yakuza's relatively easier to find. Yakuza 2 was unfortunately a low-key release, with few GameStop's carrying even more than one copy. When it finally dropped to a reasonable price, it pretty much had all but vanished. Which sucks since it leaves a hole in my collection due to having Y1 and Y4, with Y3 on the way.

Back to the Future is for free for PSN+ members. Man if I had the hard drive space to install the games I want then I would subscribe to PSN+. But I do need a steady income first lol. A new hard drive as well.

So's Swords and Soldiers, as well as Syphon Filter 1 - 3. Downloaded all of them. 8D

What does PSN+ get you? I've had my PS3 a while but I've never gave a damn enough to look in to it.

Discounts, free content, certain exclusive content, enables particular features on your PS3 (indicated by the + icon), demos of games before everyone else gets them, game "trials" where you could play a full version of something for an hour...other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Discounts, free content, certain exclusive content, enables particular features on your PS3 (indicated by the + icon), demos of games before everyone else gets them, game "trials" where you could play a full version of something for an hour...other stuff I'm probably forgetting.
    Huh. How much does it cost?

12 months for $49.99.
    3 months for $17.99.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    12 months for $49.99.
    3 months for $17.99.
    Meh, I don't know if I'll get it. I'm perfectly happy with standard PSN.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast