Thread: Espacio's Sprites

Default Espacio's Sprites

I don't really know what to say because I always promise "I'm back after _____ months and I'll be making sprites daily again". But that never happens, so hmm, here are my sprites I hope they aren't too bad.

Gold Suicune revamp

RS Butterfree revamp

RS Masquerain revamp

Scratch Mix of Buizel and Rayquaza

Last edited by -Espacio-; 20th December 2011 at 1:29 AM.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

These are good re-vamps, maybe you should try others types of spriting. I don't know about the outline and isn't the re-vamped buterfree different to the original.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarimew2 View Post
    These are good re-vamps, maybe you should try others types of spriting. I don't know about the outline and isn't the re-vamped buterfree different to the original.
    They've sprited before, as they mentioned if you read their post, so I don't think they need to try different types of spriting. This is merely them posting specific sprites to get specific feedback.

Also, its not odd for a revamp to be changed, because that is in fact the entire point of doing a revamp. If updating a sprite means that the original sprite had flawed perspective as the case is here, then it should be fixed. Bear in mind some pokemon change over the course of generations(like donphan), in this case butterfree's eyes did change somewhat.

As for my crit, I'd say suicune could use a little more black outline in places. I know I did a revamp of the same sprite, and that was one of my problems as well. I'd straigten out his head horn thing too, its fatter in some places and skinnier in others.

Other then that, my only complaints are presentation wise. As I think the outline isn't helping me see flaws that are there, and also having the newer sprite used for reference would help too.

Good job though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarimew2 View Post
    Like Raiga said, I've sprited before, on and off for a few years. I can do other types of sprites, I'm just trying out revamps right now.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    They've sprited before, as they mentioned if you read their post, so I don't think they need to try different types of spriting. This is merely them posting specific sprites to get specific feedback.

Also, its not odd for a revamp to be changed, because that is in fact the entire point of doing a revamp. If updating a sprite means that the original sprite had flawed perspective as the case is here, then it should be fixed. Bear in mind some pokemon change over the course of generations(like donphan), in this case butterfree's eyes did change somewhat.

As for my crit, I'd say suicune could use a little more black outline in places. I know I did a revamp of the same sprite, and that was one of my problems as well. I'd straigten out his head horn thing too, its fatter in some places and skinnier in others.

Other then that, my only complaints are presentation wise. As I think the outline isn't helping me see flaws that are there, and also having the newer sprite used for reference would help too.

Good job though.
    Yeah the horn was a little uneven, I tried making some edits maybe it looks better now? Thanks for the crit!

Here's a new sprite, a scratch mix of Buizel and Rayquaza.
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

I like the mix, its intriguing. Your spiriting is very good.

As for the Butterfree, I personally like that you change the eyes. revamping is updating to newer forms, which you clearly did. Great job there.

Quote Originally Posted by -Espacio- View Post
    Yeah the horn was a little uneven, I tried making some edits maybe it looks better now? Thanks for the crit!
    Yeah, the sharpness looks better, however do realize in the original sprite you can see a little bit of the opening between the horns, so I'd space them apart a little more accordingly.(if you're going for perfection, its not that big of a deal.)

Here's a new sprite, a scratch mix of Buizel and Rayquaza.
    I like it, although, without zooming in, it looks to me like you just flipped the arms. Even if you didn't, I'd say giving ITS right arm a little more side perspective.