Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 2) (721)

You know, I always hated the design of those genies. Until now- they are seriously awesome once you see them in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Otherwise, this episode was quite non-canon and irrelevant to the grand scheme of things in the anime. I liked the trio's appearance, but I feel that it could have been worked on more, other than the usual run-of-the-mill battle spectaculars we receive time and time again with the anime. Not terrible, it just could have achieved so much more.
    This is pretty much how I felt about this episode as well.

While I loved how the battle wasn't as rushed and ruined like the previous Cresselia vs. Darkrai, seriously, nothing important happened here. They accomplished nothing leaving me disappointed. So much potential and yet so little has been done. :/

Did people actually expect alot more of this? From the beginning, it was clearly a marketing ploy for Christmas season Kami Trio merchandise, nothing pivotal to the overall series was ever going to happen. For what it was, I thought it was pretty good.

Anyway, no package preview for episodes next year at the end? Boooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Did people actually expect alot more of this? From the beginning, it was clearly a marketing ploy for Christmas season Kami Trio merchandise, nothing pivotal to the overall series was ever going to happen. For what it was, I thought it was pretty good.
    It's just, the Team Rocket didn't even put up a fight with their Pokémon - they were just there. Also, no sufficient Seger screentime. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Anyway, no package preview for episodes next year at the end? Boooooooo!
    *boos with ya*

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Yes they did, at least Thundurus, according to the pictures on Filb.
    Keyhole glitched at that part (I saw the scene with the group, and then it went straight to Team Rocket saying their motto), aside from fairly good quality for me, so I can see why I missed Thundurus trying to escape. But honestly, who stops after one attack?

Oh well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Was there a Live Caster for this episode? If so, what?

Kami Trio info, and Clay's Excadrill battle scenes.

Can I just say that this episode was drawn poorly? I don't know who the artist responsible for this episode was, but he did a terrible job.
    (EDIT: filb.de makes it look a little better, at least.)

What is this

Especially this. Why is Thundurus' mouth a shallow black indent on its face? Mouths are OPENINGS, not miniature craters. asdfjkl;

Poor artistry totally ruins anime for me. That, and what everyone else was saying about this two-parter being essentially a big filler to advertise Legendaries. A total waste, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Grei; 22nd December 2011 at 8:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The Kamis reflorest the area and some revival herbs grow and then they burn it again?
    Well from what i understood, it seems they created a cycle of sort.

First Tornadus created rain, then with the help of the sunlight Landorus revitalized the land so that some Revival Herbs grow, then Tornadus blows winds to most likely scatter the pollen of the herbs around (which resulted in the herbs drying up), then Thundurus burned the dried up herbs (along with the grass and the land) with lightning so that it creates a sort of Slash-and-char effect, thus increasing the fertility of the land. After that Tornadus and Landorus repeated there 2 steps to regrow the herbs.

Regarding today's episode, the only problem that i have is that Landorus was getting effected by Thundurus electric attacks.

The writers could at least remember that Landorus is part ground type like they remembered that Thundurus was part electric type and thus made it possible for it to take a direct hit from Pikachu's electric attack in the previous episode without any damage (whereas they made Tornadus dodge Pikachu's electric attacks).
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 22nd December 2011 at 8:56 PM.

To tell the truth...I didn't really care for the cliched kami battle...I was paying attention to gothorita the whole time...It's sooo cute!
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

So I don't actually need to watch these episodes? I never really bothered because I'm not a fan of legendary episodes, but it's a shame to see a good plot being ruined by QUALITY animation.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Tornadus, Thunderus and Landorus looks retarded.
    I've seen the episode pictures, and i am not very impressed.

I don't really like legendary episodes either.

The Genies are ugly anyway. They don't transition well. I think the male character was worse.

I think this episode was better than Part One, but still mediocre. I wish Team Rocket's plan got a little farther than f*cking up a keyboard and dropping the cargo.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode was ok... It was nice to see Ash use Dangoro for helping to free the 3 Kami Trio. Landlos is one strong Pokemon. The way the Trio was able to fix the land with rain, fire, etc was great to see. TR really didn't have much of a role in this episode, other than catching the trio and completely failing at it. The boxes they put around the trio though looked really cool. Landlos' entrance looked dramatic and great.

60/100

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by anything in this series.

Sure, TR weren't going to actually win. But what this episode did was conclusively show us once and for all that the 'upgrades' they received for Unova were nothing but trolling. Just like always, they learned nothing from their last defeat, therefore falling victim to the exact same thing again. We were fools to think anything had actually changed with them... all that stuff from the beginning of this season, the black uniforms, spy missions, working directly for Giovanni to fight Team Plasma - all of it was probably a deliberate attempt to fool everyone. It worked, too.

Even ignoring that, though, this episode was pretty bad. Aside from Team Rocket, whose one role in anything could easily have been filled by something else, Yuto pretty much had no reason to exist either. There was just about nothing he did that couldn't have been done better using Clay (one of his Pokémon is sick, so he goes with them to Milos Island to get the Revival Herb) and the part putting Iris in the prophecy could have been handled by the old woman instead. I know I sure would have rather seen Clay's Krokorok and Palpitoad fighting alongside the group instead of there being a character who does little more than stand there.

I get the feeling the actual fight had to be severely watered down from how it actually ended up causing relatively little damage aside from the forest fire and damage to the landscape. The potential of having two angry storm gods fighting each other and then a third one with winds and lightning screams for destruction, but all they really did was shoot energy attacks at each other and punch each other. For what seemed like such a threatening situation, not much really happened at all.

The horrible animation didn't do this episode any favors but there really isn't much to say on that.

Just a shame that something that could have been so awesome ended up like this.

Otherwise, this episode was quite non-canon
    Okay, declaring the movies to not be canon is one thing, but now it's picking out actual episodes and doing the same?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Writers, you do know that Pokemon usually have more than one attack. First all Swadloon does in its subsequent appearences (after the gym) is string shot, and now Roggenrola with flash cannon.

Biggest Beef of this episode? Team Rocket, they were completely and utterly pointless. Not only do they NOT use their Pokemon, on top of that their appearance was horribly limited. I get that they aren't allowed to steal it, but stop wasting our time, aside from giving Ash a reason to use Roggenrola, this whole two part episode could've EASILY happened without Team Rocket. But even Roggenrola's appearance was limited and misused. And again no Woobat nor Yamask.

This episode just showed how stupid Team Rocket are being. They didn't put up a fight and solely relied on technology and not using their Pokemon. Not only that, they got away without any lasting damage. Almost like "Oops, are we on screen, let's just move off-screen and you guys can continue on doing what you were doing."

And as awesome as the Kami Trio fight was, I think it was B.S. that Tornadus and Thundurus continue to be jerks and continue fighting after the Team Rocket fiasco. I mean they didn't even try to escape.

Worst Team Rocket episodes ever in Best Wishes (the Meteonite Build-up, and the Subway Built up produced better final outcomes, even if we didn't see one, this was just a complete whimper of a finale), Meh episodes otherwise. First part of this was tons better, not even Roggenrola could really save this particular episode.

See, I'm not just about reserves. Even they wouldn't be able save an episode I think is weak.
    Glad to see that people are now accepting that these, the Subway 2P were both just elaborate fillers.. With not much worth to them at all, and left me frustrated with Best Wishes.

About your point and Roggenrola/Flash Cannon. That's not entirely true.

Capture: Flash Cannon/Sandstorm/Stone Edge
    Audino: Sandstorm
    Archeops: Sandstorm
    Subway p2: Flash Cannon
    Kami p2: Flash Cannon

So, that's even actually. Though you have a point with Swadloon, though it did 'battle' against Stunfisk in the Deino episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post

What is this

Especially this. Why is Thundurus' mouth a shallow black indent on its face? Mouths are OPENINGS, not miniature craters. asdfjkl;

Poor artistry totally ruins anime for me. That, and what everyone else was saying about this two-parter being essentially a big filler to advertise Legendaries. A total waste, in my opinion.
    Don't know which shot it was, but at least in one of those above, it looks as if Tornados has massive cleavage.. And Thundurus in another shot. Which is a bad thing if these guys are male only legendaries.. They're looking as if they're wearing bikini's and clouds!

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/721ps3.shtml Top middle, Landorus with cleavage...
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/721ps9.shtml Again, top middle, Thundurus with massive cleavage...
    Last edited by Locormus; 23rd December 2011 at 4:07 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Is it just me or does the whole TR retreats after failing to accomplish their goal feel a bit annoying after all the times that we have to sit through their buildup scenes in so many episodes? While I don't expect them to win, they've actually become even more predictable than before. Worst of all, they don't even seem to use their pokemon in these events.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Glad to see that people are now accepting that these, the Subway 2P were both just elaborate fillers.. With not much worth to them at all, and left me frustrated with Best Wishes.

About your point and Roggenrola/Flash Cannon. That's not entirely true.

Capture: Flash Cannon/Sandstorm/Stone Edge
    Audino: Sandstorm
    Archeops: Sandstorm
    Subway p2: Flash Cannon
    Kami p2: Flash Cannon

So, that's even actually. Though you have a point with Swadloon, though it did 'battle' against Stunfisk in the Deino episode.

Don't know which shot it was, but at least in one of those above, it looks as if Tornados has massive cleavage.. And Thundurus in another shot. Which is a bad thing if these guys are male only legendaries.. They're looking as if they're wearing bikini's and clouds!

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/721ps3.shtml Top middle, Landorus with cleavage...
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/721ps9.shtml Again, top middle, Thundurus with massive cleavage...
    Those to me look more like the Kami Trio being buff, rather than female looking cleavage. But that's just me.
    {Insert signature here}

Honestly the only thing I have to say about these episodes is that I don't think this is the last time we will see Yuto. I think this because of the way Gothorita and Kibago bonded because the writers did focus on that a lot in these episodes. I loved the fighting from the trio, but I was disappointed that Dwebble wasn't used here.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Can I just say that this episode was drawn poorly? I don't know who the artist responsible for this episode was, but he did a terrible job.
    Poor artistry totally ruins anime for me.
    Haha, that Thundurus drawing is awful. The shame about the BW anime (animation-wise) is that it started off so well, and it was advertised and promoted for improving upon the animation. Right now it seems like the artists just can't be ****ed. I understand how monotonous endless drawing can be, but it's a bit of a shambles when the animation quality fluctuates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Okay, declaring the movies to not be canon is one thing, but now it's picking out actual episodes and doing the same?
    Yes, quel probleme?
    Running for the thrill of it

The problem is that the anime is the main story, there is no such a thing of an episode from the main story not being cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Was there a Live Caster for this episode? If so, what?
    It got skipped so they could advertise a raffle contest.

We did catch a rerun of last week's episode and verified it had Dageki as its Live Caster feature, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The problem is that the anime is the main story, there is no such a thing of an episode from the main story not being cannon.
    Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.

Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.
    Okay, so the entire anime is not canon to itself or anything, because the only real reason it exists is to promote the merchandise.

Got it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Technically the anime is just promotion for Pokemon, but that's not what I meant- and I'm not going to be awkwardly pedantic considering that most people will understand what I'm writing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast