Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stopping the Rage of Legends! (Part 2) (721)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.
    Do you mean filler then? no it isn't a filler, they went to the isle to get the revival herb that the gym leader asked him to get.

It served the purpose of doing what the gym leader asked them to do, the Kami Trio and the two episode plot being inserted into it, was promotion obviously and they released a lot of merchandising related to them along with the episodes but no, Satoshi and friends went there with a story objective asked by the Gym Leader.

No the anime is not promotion to "pokemon"(games I assume), the games came first, the anime came after, the anime, games, etc are many of the ways Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokemon company, they use to for their series.

They might have special episode or plots to promote the games when they are almost coming out, like the Johto festival thing and the main storyline and the anime series are made to represent said generations but the anime isn't there, "just" to promote the games.

Oh and whats up with saying the animation sucks because we got some erros in an episode? the animation has been pretty nice, we weren't promised better animation what are you talking about? lol the animation changed but the animators are mostly still the same, its the same for YEARS, there are animators that usually do a great job and others who are messing up a lot of times, stuff happens.

This type of ongoing animes don't have amazing budgets btw since they have to put up a lot of episodes, an anime with 12/25 episodes usually has better art for that reason.

Your post makes no sense.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 24th December 2011 at 1:44 AM.

Non-canon pertaining to something which diverges off the main plot without a reference in a previous episode, or which doesn't add a new dynamic to the future plot. This episode emulated the non-canon films so well.

This episode is non-canon unless could tell me how this episode serves any other purpose other than promotion for the legendaries.
    And how any other episode promotes a certain Pokemon is non-canon too?
    What exactly are you trying to say?

All in all, this isn't filler, and it can be made even more canon with the fact we've seen TR messing with the statues/islands for the past few episodes leading up to this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Okay, so the entire anime is not canon to itself or anything, because the only real reason it exists is to promote the merchandise.

Got it.
    Very well said, I don't understand everybodies logic these days.

Um. No.

Non-canon means that it didn't happen. You're thinking of a filler.

One question, can anyone tell me whether TR were talking to Zager or Giovanni on the phone? It sounded like Giovanni to me, but since I don't know what was actually said, I feel I could just be getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Do you mean filler then? no it isn't a filler, they went to the isle to get the revival herb that the gym leader asked him to get.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And I don't mind so much about the animation to the extent which you seem to think I do. I'm just voicing my disappointment at how the standard has slipped from the first episode. Chill your beans.

It also seems some of you don't know what non-canon means (confusing it with non-existent.) Tut tut tut.
    Running for the thrill of it

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. And I don't mind so much about the animation to the extent which you seem to think I do. I'm just voicing my disappointment at how the standard has slipped from the first episode. Chill your beans.

It also seems some of you don't know what non-canon means (confusing it with non-existent.) Tut tut tut.
    I'm chilled, just telling that is not true, I know they messed up sometimes, I whined about them basicly giving all the 3 Deino trainers some episodes ago similar looks even though one was a girl, I though that was pretty lazy of them.

One question, can anyone tell me whether TR were talking to Zager or Giovanni on the phone? It sounded like Giovanni to me, but since I don't know what was actually said, I feel I could just be getting my hopes up.
    He may have sounded different on the phone, but it was Zager. He was waiting back in his helicopter for the Kami Trio to be captured; who else would they be calling at that point?

I have to say that I'm not as disappointed with Team Rocket's role in this as most people, but that's probably because I expected it. I was never that hyped for their building up of this storyline the way I was with the Meteonite or Nimbasa Subway missions. I knew this would just be a filler attempt at something that they'd fail at before we presumably get a REAL storyline from them (with Team Plasma) again next year. To cry that they're "Ruined FOREVER!" over this one thing is pretty silly, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It got skipped so they could advertise a raffle contest.

We did catch a rerun of last week's episode and verified it had Dageki as its Live Caster feature, though.
    This episode's Live Caster is verified as BW43's Muggyo.

Non-canon means that it doesn't exist within the main timeline of a certain series. The best explanation is that non-canon stuff takes place in an alternate universe not the main universe, which means they don't affect one another. If Ash's Bulbsaur evolved in a non-canon episode, then the next time we saw the main series and Ash used a Pokemon, he would use Bulbsaur not Ivysaur because it's evolution didn't happen in the main series.

Movies, probably are the best example of this (although subjective), because they kind of do look like they take place in an alternate universe, aside from the Pokemon and main characters they really don't seem to be connected to the main series at all but there have been examples proving otherwise (although again subjective)

However the individual episodes cannot be non-canon regardless of the episode's plot because they are a part of the main series. The writers made them, and if they wished, they could bring the plot of an episode into a future episode, if it was entirely non-canon, they really couldn't do that because bringing up then makes what was non-canon, canon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Well Team Rocket's entry is simply damn good!
    But the rest is Bull ****!!!!!!
    Seriously WTF...the 2nd part of the 2nd episode disappointed me but well it was good upto team rocket's entry!

I must say, Zager really isn't faring very well....in fact he could be held more responsible for TR's losses because they follow his commands to give up. He better watch himself with Giovanni...
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Finished watching the video version, I enjoyed it. The two parter was a nice action pack special to me which is a nice treat from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I must say, Zager really isn't faring very well....in fact he could be held more responsible for TR's losses because they follow his commands to give up. He better watch himself with Giovanni...
    I don't see how he can really be blamed, Ash and the others hit the container and it was going to blow up, if he didn't release it then the helicopter would caught in the explosion probably wouldn't have ended well for him or the the others. Also they didn't have anything left after that, so they wouldn't have wanted to stick around and get destroyed by three angry Legendary Pokemon.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I just saw the second part myself. I'll be honest and say that I usually enjoy these two-parters for the plot rather than the action (thought action is nice), so the subway one was better in my eyes. Still, this one was alright. I could practically see what would happen to Team Rocket from a mile away so I wasn't disappointed with that. I still say the only thing I particularly enjoyed in this two-parter was Dent solo-ing it out with a legendary.

Random COTD was random.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Wow, TR failed at catching other pokemon........
    Check number 4,953,684.76
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

This two-parter was not so great on TR. In fact, they were gloating how awesome they were in their master plan for a lot more, and then a minute later they get owned. Bummer, that was so anti-climatic. So much for that!

I still liked the battle between the three cloud guys, though. I guess TR made it possible for the three of them to work together in the end.

I liked this episode. My major complaint about this episode though was how short Team Rocket was in it. Dr.Zager literally has 30 seconds of screen time. The TRio was defeated quickly. It was kind of a disappointment because I was looking so forward to seeing the TRio and Dr.Zager in this episode and they hardly got anything. It's a shame really.

And, writers, please please please give Dr. Zager more screentime!

A great episode. Team Rocket tries to steal the Kami trio, but Ash and friends stop them and Landorus gets Tornadus and Thundurus to stop fighting and help save the island.

Ash could've easily said somthing dramatic when he walked up to Team Rocket and stood there for a few seconds but what does he say? Team Rocket stop this!!! Is that the best they could come up with?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    A great episode. Team Rocket tries to steal the Kami trio, but Ash and friends stop them and Landorus gets Tornadus and Thundurus to stop fighting and help save the island.
    Thank you for telling us the plot of the episode...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Thank you for telling us the plot of the episode...I think.
    Even in the first page you can get the plot of this episode.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 6th May 2012 at 6:39 PM.

Great Part 2, unfortunately I would have like to see more Team Rocket action. Mostly what they did was stand there after capturing the trio. Just felt as though their part was cut to a short bit.

It was great to see Charles again, nice to know now he's not so much of a COTD like the girl was.

Now I'm starting to catch on that when we get a legend, it plays out just like the episode goes. Just like a dangerous reinactment. Still, the trio was quite amazing.

Now for that gym battle next week; im thrilled for another one.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This was quite the impressive ending to this 2 part episode. With that, I look forward to Ash's gym battle.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This would have been better, in the end, without the Team Rocket stuff shoved into it. All they served to do was break up the flow of the action. If they weren't there, this would have been a much better conclusion.

The biggest problem though, I think, is that the art and animation quality in this episode was terrible. Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Jessie, James, Meowth, Lewis... all of them looked completely off-model all the time. Considering the director for this episode was the one who directed one of the worst-looking episodes of late Sinnoh, DP175, it's not surprising.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I really liked the first part, so I was expecting a lot more during the second part, but I was a bit disappointed. I think the only Kami Pokemon that I liked was Landorus, but even it seemed kind of boring compared to some of the other Legendary Pokemon we've seen in the anime. I was also disappointed with the fact that the writers shoved Team Rocket into this episode; like many others said, these episodes would have been better without them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast