Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mean With Envy (392)

Wierdo Guest

And adding on to the "Brock not recognizing Giovanni" thing, I'm looking at the pictures right now, and if you didn't say that it was a statue of Giovanni, I would have no idea of who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>
    On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

Max: Amazing!
    Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Golden Darkness said May would fight Erika after fighting Toshi, was that seen in the preview for the next episode because I couldn't make it out with the pictures on the main site, just seemed to show the pair-ups for the semi-finals.

Yeah cool to see Meowth in the contest, should be interesting. But we all know Meowth's not actually a great pokémon by any means so no suprise to see it go out early.

So our buddy Brock remembers him (sort of).

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wierdo
    One thing Golden Darkness. You said that next episode, it would be Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika. By the pictures, it looks like it will be Erika vs. May, Toshi vs. Jessie, and May vs. Winner of Toshi vs. Jessie.
    Here are the pair-ups for the next episode, as seen at the end of this one and as missed by Serebii's timed screenshots.

Given that, together with the fact that Skitty was shown caught in a Blizzard-Psychic combo in the preview, the course of events is obvious.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Thanks Murg! I'm guessing May beats Toshi and goes up against Erika because of the preview. A shame Meowth doesn't get far... I would LOVE to see a cat-fight!

I think Meowth's appeal was pretty good in the contest. Those carvings from ice looked good. Jesse should've tried him sooner! Maybe after some practice Jesse & Meowth might've gotten somewhere.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

Max: Amazing!
    Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...
    Ahh... so that's what he said. Hard to determine if Brock did recognize the statue or not just by facial expressions...

i just hope that may wins!

Maikou Guest

No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?

Uh..we already went through so many pages in the speculation thread about Ruujura. Everyone's talked out about her. And the reason for the color change was so 4Kids COULD air it.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Maikou
    No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?
    Yeah, that was the reason behind changing Jynx's skin color in the first place, otherwise it'd still be black.

But the Jynx in the 3rd generation games have purple faces as well. Why was this? I don't think Nintendo would have changed Jynx's face color in the games just for the anime's sake. Maybe the anime just made Jynx purple just to follow the games, like how Rattata became purple in the 2nd generation instead of staying brownish-yellow.

Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.

Another point, the frozen Razor Leaf that we saw in this ep's preview was actually part of Skitty's appeal. Skitty used Assist, which came up with Razor Leaf, then used Blizzard to freeze the leaves, then used Doubleslap to break the pieces of ice.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.
    Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.

I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebok
    I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.
    That's about right, yeah. But Eriko's totally misinterpreting the situation.

Wierdo Guest

As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.
    If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.

jynx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wierdo
    As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.
    Wooohooo! May's Super Skitty! XDDD

...ridiculous though

If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.
    Oh, okay. My bad. And am I the only one who thinks May should have used Beautifly or Combusken instead for the final contest? Of course Skitty has only been in one contest, but battles with Combusken or Beautifly seem to be much cooler for me.

There's no need to worry. There's still the Grand Festival. :P

jynx Guest

What grand festival?

You meant that this is not the final?
    --------------------------------------
    How long does it take to wait for the guide to come up?

Two weeks? Three weeks? Four weeks?
    Last edited by jynx; 18th February 2005 at 6:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jynx
    What grand festival?

You meant that this is not the final?
    ...you haven't been paying much attantion to how the Pokémon Contests work in the animé I'm assuming? :P

The Grand Festival is basically the Contest equivelent to the Pokémon League. You need 5 Contest ribbons to be able to participate and compete to win the Robbon Trophy and title of expert Coordinator~
    Thats all there is to it really.

Meowth's ice sculpture:
    [img135]http://www.geoscreens.com/teamrocket/ag116icesculpture.jpg[/img135]

And after making a change...

[img135]http://www.geoscreens.com/teamrocket/ag116icesculpture2.jpg[/img135]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast