Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 153

Thread: Mean With Envy (392)

  1. #26
    Wierdo Guest

    Default

    And adding on to the "Brock not recognizing Giovanni" thing, I'm looking at the pictures right now, and if you didn't say that it was a statue of Giovanni, I would have no idea of who it was.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>
    On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

    Max: Amazing!
    Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...

    Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Golden Darkness said May would fight Erika after fighting Toshi, was that seen in the preview for the next episode because I couldn't make it out with the pictures on the main site, just seemed to show the pair-ups for the semi-finals.

    Yeah cool to see Meowth in the contest, should be interesting. But we all know Meowth's not actually a great pokémon by any means so no suprise to see it go out early.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    So our buddy Brock remembers him (sort of).

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wierdo
    One thing Golden Darkness. You said that next episode, it would be Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika. By the pictures, it looks like it will be Erika vs. May, Toshi vs. Jessie, and May vs. Winner of Toshi vs. Jessie.
    Here are the pair-ups for the next episode, as seen at the end of this one and as missed by Serebii's timed screenshots.

    Given that, together with the fact that Skitty was shown caught in a Blizzard-Psychic combo in the preview, the course of events is obvious.

    Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    So far, yet so near
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Thanks Murg! I'm guessing May beats Toshi and goes up against Erika because of the preview. A shame Meowth doesn't get far... I would LOVE to see a cat-fight!

    I think Meowth's appeal was pretty good in the contest. Those carvings from ice looked good. Jesse should've tried him sooner! Maybe after some practice Jesse & Meowth might've gotten somewhere.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    On the contrary. GD got that bit wrong.

    Max: Amazing!
    Brock: Yes, but somehow I have the feeling I've seen the person in that sculpture somewhere...
    Ahh... so that's what he said. Hard to determine if Brock did recognize the statue or not just by facial expressions...

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    i just hope that may wins!

  9. #34
    Maikou Guest

    Default

    No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Uh..we already went through so many pages in the speculation thread about Ruujura. Everyone's talked out about her. And the reason for the color change was so 4Kids COULD air it.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maikou
    No one has mentioned the fact that this episode (an obviously important one to the plot), includes a Jynx. Will they finally show Jynx in the US when this episode airs stateside? Or will they attempt to explain May's ribbon in dialogue?
    Yeah, that was the reason behind changing Jynx's skin color in the first place, otherwise it'd still be black.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    But the Jynx in the 3rd generation games have purple faces as well. Why was this? I don't think Nintendo would have changed Jynx's face color in the games just for the anime's sake. Maybe the anime just made Jynx purple just to follow the games, like how Rattata became purple in the 2nd generation instead of staying brownish-yellow.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Another point, the frozen Razor Leaf that we saw in this ep's preview was actually part of Skitty's appeal. Skitty used Assist, which came up with Razor Leaf, then used Blizzard to freeze the leaves, then used Doubleslap to break the pieces of ice.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    Ruujura's been purple since the SECOND Gen. o_O Where in the world did you get the idea that Koratta was a different color? It's ALWAYS been purple. And the reason for the change was because this episode is too important to cut out.
    Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nonya
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebok
    I can tell I'm gonna love this! I can tell this girl clearly thinks May is trying to steal her boyfriend and is eager to outdo her so the she can have him all to herself; am I right? But then, I guess you can't blame this girl for being jealous.
    That's about right, yeah. But Eriko's totally misinterpreting the situation.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  18. #43
    Wierdo Guest

    Default

    As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

    And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    Really? But the face of the one in Serebii's pokedex (the G/S/C one) looks black. Either you're wrong, I'm color blind, or Serebii has the wrong pictures. Same with rattata. Its sprite in R/B/Y is kinda gray, but it turns purple in G/S/C. And I don't think it's because they didn't have the color purple back in the first generation, as pokemon like Arbok and Weezing were clearly purple.
    If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  20. #45
    jynx Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wierdo
    As cool as a Meowth-Skitty fight would be, there is no way that a Meowth could beat a Jynx. Besides, it always ends up being a fight between May and Coordinator of the episode if May wins the contest, which she obviously will. And since she's fighting Toshi in the first round, the second round battle is rather obvious.

    And it looks like next episode is the return of super Skitty. Lovely.
    Wooohooo! May's Super Skitty! XDDD

    ...ridiculous though

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    If you look at Koratta's original Sugimori art, it was always purple. As for Ruujura, Joe has the Japanese sprites of her in GSC. The change was originally made for the US version until Japan started doing it in the games starting with RuSa. The official artwork, however, has changed her skin to purple since the TCG was released in Japan.
    Oh, okay. My bad. And am I the only one who thinks May should have used Beautifly or Combusken instead for the final contest? Of course Skitty has only been in one contest, but battles with Combusken or Beautifly seem to be much cooler for me.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    There's no need to worry. There's still the Grand Festival. :P

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  23. #48
    jynx Guest

    Default

    What grand festival?

    You meant that this is not the final?
    --------------------------------------
    How long does it take to wait for the guide to come up?

    Two weeks? Three weeks? Four weeks?
    Last edited by jynx; 18th February 2005 at 6:23 PM.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jynx
    What grand festival?

    You meant that this is not the final?
    ...you haven't been paying much attantion to how the Pokémon Contests work in the animé I'm assuming? :P

    The Grand Festival is basically the Contest equivelent to the Pokémon League. You need 5 Contest ribbons to be able to participate and compete to win the Robbon Trophy and title of expert Coordinator~
    Thats all there is to it really.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Meowth's ice sculpture:
    [img135]http://www.geoscreens.com/teamrocket/ag116icesculpture.jpg[/img135]

    And after making a change...

    [img135]http://www.geoscreens.com/teamrocket/ag116icesculpture2.jpg[/img135]

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •