Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mean With Envy (392)

Default Mean With Envy (392)

Mean With Envy

Finally at Pacifidlog Town, May enters the Pokemon Contest which, if she wins, would give her her final Ribbon allowing her to get entry into the Grand Festival. However before the contest, May's Skitty goes off with an Aipom. Can May find it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ok, seen the episode. Don't think that the "Disorderly Melee" fits with the events of the episode.

Key Points:

-May meets a pair of coordinators, a guy and a later girl(not sure of their names, so I'll call them Toshi and Erika, since their names sound close to that). Toshi trains Houndoom. Erika trains Jynx. It started with May looking for Skitty, which was following anoth coodinator's Aipom, and finding it with Toshi. Of course, Erika sees them together, and can't stand how friendly Toshi and May are with each other. This jealousy becomes apparent when during a battle with Team Rocket, Erika shoves May aside and has Jynx finish Team Rocket with Hyperbeam. The reason was that May and Toshi has been been battling together earlier with their Pokemon doing attack combinations(Combusken's Fire Spin with Houndoom's Shadow Ball).

-Ash's Snortunt still hasn't full control over its Ice Beam attack. Incidently it was an Ice Beam misfire that scared off Aipom, with Skitty following due to the swinging movement of Aipom's hand-tail.

-Jessie enters the contest with Meowth, who agrees to help after being reminded of his obbession with supplanting Giovanni's Persian when a lady with her Persian walks by. Their intro act involves Meowth using Fury Swipes to carve out an ice statue of the boss and the Persian, and then Meowth carving up the Persian to make it look like Meowth. Oddly, no recognizion apparently from Brock.

-Toshi enters Houndoom. It's acts involves a Swift and Shadow Ball combination.

-Erika enters Jynx. It's act involves a Blizzard and Psychic.

-May enters Skitty. It's act involves Assist-Razor Leaf, Blizzard, and Doubleslap.

Next episode will feature Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika.
    Last edited by Golden Darkness; 17th February 2005 at 10:00 PM.

jynx Guest

...The episode guide has link errors....

Quote Originally Posted by jynx
    ...The episode guide has link errors....
    Maybe because an Episode Guide for the episode hasn't been made yet. >.> It's only been, like... what, a few hours since the episode aired? :P

Just a thought, but what was that comment about Brock about? If you mean why didn't he notice the Ice Statue was of the head of Team Rocket... well, he only saw him, for what, a few minutes, and wasn't that wiped from his memory? *confused*

So, anyway... who did that Persian belong to? o.o;

Eh... so are 'Erika' and 'Toshi' brother and sister? If not, then you just know that loads of people will pair them up together. ("omg its so kawaii eraik wans him so muc!" >.>)

Oh great, don't tell me Skitty's going up against a Houndoom THEN a Jynx. It's the return of Super Skitty!

Unless of course they go by GF rules and switch for a new Pokemon during the battle rounds. That I doubt.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Oh great, don't tell me Skitty's going up against a Houndoom THEN a Jynx. It's the return of Super Skitty!

Unless of course they go by GF rules and switch for a new Pokemon during the battle rounds. That I doubt.
    So do I. I think that Golden Darkness would have mentioned it if he/she saw a different Pokemon battling against Jynx.

And the preview ruins the episode outcome AGAIN. I mean, we *know* that May is going to win this one, but it would have been nice for them to throw in something a little special. Like Jessie actually getting to the last round, and having her face May. >.> It certainly would have been a huge twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    -Jessie enters the contest with Meowth, after convincing it would help him upstage the Boss' Persian. Their intro act involves Meowth using Fury Swipes to carve out an ice statue of the boss and the Persian, and then Meowth carving up the Persian to make it look like Meowth. Oddly, no recognizion apparently from Brock.
    Its a shame that Jessie didn't take Meowth's gift of human speech into account. I'm sure that a singing Meowth would have been rather impressive to say the least.
    Heh, who knew Meowth had hidden artistic talent He may not be a decent battling pokémon, but the little guy really does have a lot going for him in the long run. And Jessie is definatly one of the better coordinators. IMO, every appeal her and a pokémon have performed during a contest have been more impressive than the majority of entrants.

Meh, shame the Persian was infact the boss'. Thats a bit of a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Just a thought, but what was that comment about Brock about? If you mean why didn't he notice the Ice Statue was of the head of Team Rocket... well, he only saw him, for what, a few minutes, and wasn't that wiped from his memory? *confused*
    I'm pretty sure the Mewtwo Returns incident wasn't wiped out from his memory.

Then again, Ash and co are already fooled by TR's disguises. And even odder Jessie was wearing the same outfit from the Phantom contest episode with the addition of shades.

So, anyway... who did that Persian belong to? o.o;
    *blinks* You don't know about Giovanni having a Persian(and Meowth's dreams of supplanting that Persian)?

Eh... so are 'Erika' and 'Toshi' brother and sister? If not, then you just know that loads of people will pair them up together. ("omg its so kawaii eraik wans him so muc!" >.>)
    From what I saw and the dialouge, I'm pretty sure they aren't.

So do I. I think that Golden Darkness would have mentioned it if he/she saw a different Pokemon battling against Jynx.
    Yep. It's Skitty all the way.

Of course I know that Giovanni has a Persian, and Meowth's hatred of said Persian. I've been watching Pokemon since the very first time it aired on ITV.

But a Persian appeared in this episode's preview, so unless the Boss actually entered the Contest (Which I very much doubt since you haven't mentioned anything about it.) I'm a little confused as to why the hell one was there. (In the preview, I mean.) So I take it that the Persian belonged to the Boss, and it appeared in a fantasy?

Great. :P That's twice now they've put one of Meowth's fantasys in a preview, and it's really annoying. >.>
    Last edited by Alfonso; 17th February 2005 at 9:46 PM.

Of course I know that Giovanni has a Persian, and Meowth's hatred of said Persian. I've been watching Pokemon since the very first time it aired on ITV.
    Meowth seems to have developed a hatred for all persian... not only Giovanni's, but also that one that took his girl away (the one that inspired him to walk and talk).
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

But a Persian appeared in this episode's preview, so unless the Boss actually entered the Contest (Which I very much doubt since you haven't mentioned anything about it.) I'm a little confused as to why the hell one was there. (In the preview, I mean.) So I take it that the Persian belonged to the Boss, and it appeared in a fantasy?

Great. :P That's twice now they've put one of Meowth's fantasys in a preview, and it's really annoying. >.>
    Oh... I was confused.

Actually, a woman with her own Persian walks by, and reminds Meowth of Giovanni's Persian. This gets him to agree to be Jessie's Pokemon for the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Meowth seems to have developed a hatred for all persian... not only Giovanni's, but also that one that took his girl away (the one that inspired him to walk and talk).
    And the Persian that ruined his chances with Cassandra, way back in Kanto. I felt really sorry for him after that. ;_;

*ponders* It's a pity this Contest isn't going to end on Meowth vs. Skitty. Not only would it have given Meowth a real chance to shine, but it would also have given us a chance to see if he still has that crush on Skitty. :P That, and this'll be the last Contest we see Jessie compete in in Houen. I for one think it's a real shame they didn't make anything of it, or at least give her some hope of winning. >.>

Waa waa waa. "Super Skitty" this. And "Super Skitty" that. How about enjoying the episode for once ya whiners? As long as the battle style makes sense, I'm content. I'd really like to see how the events go for Eneko against Herugaa and Ruujura. Hell, it seems Musashi's using Nyaasu for this one. I'd like to really see how nicely he fairs in his first Contest.

And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I don't care what you think. I'm tired of Skitty being a super uber. It stinks that stupid pink hair ball never loses yet Pikachi barely holds a .500 record (despite being a far better Pokemon in all respects). May I repeat my self for the umpteenth time by saying "I don't like May or Skitty"?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Thanks for the guide, Golden Darkness! Sounds like good episode. I'm glad Skitty gets to play a big part.

One reason I think Skitty does so well is because of Assist. With Assist, it can use a wider variety of moves. I know it can't control what move is actually uses with Assist, but Assist does help a lot. Pikachu has a more restricted move set. And we have to wait and see what strategy May uses. That could also affect things. That's just my thoughts.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Waa waa waa. "Super Skitty" this. And "Super Skitty" that. How about enjoying the episode for once ya whiners? As long as the battle style makes sense, I'm content. I'd really like to see how the events go for Eneko against Herugaa and Ruujura. Hell, it seems Musashi's using Nyaasu for this one. I'd like to really see how nicely he fairs in his first Contest.
    Oh, I'll enjoy the episode. I just won't enjoy Skitty. Or Assist.

Wakka-Wakka!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

And the Persian that ruined his chances with Cassandra, way back in Kanto. I felt really sorry for him after that. ;_;

*ponders* It's a pity this Contest isn't going to end on Meowth vs. Skitty. Not only would it have given Meowth a real chance to shine, but it would also have given us a chance to see if he still has that crush on Skitty. :P That, and this'll be the last Contest we see Jessie compete in in Houen. I for one think it's a real shame they didn't make anything of it, or at least give her some hope of winning. >.>
    I agree. This was a perfect opportunity for that, and seeing some rarely-seen Nyaasu character development would've been much better than seeing another typical rivalry (well, maybe not 'that' typical, seeing as Erika seems jealous of Haruka through a misunderstanding, but still). If we're lucky, a majority of Japanese fans will notice that Nyaasu, by not beating Rougela, got in the way of a very interesting event occuring, start a demand for Nyaasu vs. Eneko, and maybe we'll see it in the next generation (if Eneko's still with Haruka), or even in the Grand Festival (it's still possible for Musashi to get in there. Nothing saying she couldn't steal some poor sap's ribbons like the devious person she is).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric

And really, here's MORE proof that the movies don't lead into the TV series if Takeshi didn't even know who Sakaki was after seeing him in the TV Special. >_>
    Ain't that the point? Mewtwo Returns isn't a Movie. o.o; And like I said, didn't Mewtwo remove Ash and co.'s memory of their second meeting? o.o;

So of course Brock ain't gonna remember. And even if he didn't get his memory erased, he only saw Giovanni for a few minutes, and that was a long time ago. And the Ice Statue was semi-far away from him. And made of ice. o.o;

Ain't that the point? Mewtwo Returns isn't a Movie. o.o; And like I said, didn't Mewtwo remove Ash and co.'s memory of their second meeting? o.o;
    No. Mewtwo was about to, but he was convinced not to.

I'm going to agree with Alfonso and Yamoto, they missed the prefect opportunity to have a true cat fight (in all senses of the phrase). Oh well, maybe some one will wirte a fic about a Meowth v Skitty duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    No. Mewtwo was about to, but he was convinced not to.
    Gah. I could have sworn that he did. XD My apologies then, for my ignorance. *needs to rewatch Mewtwo Returns*

But my past comments still stand. It was ages ago. Brock only saw him for a few minutes. The statue was made of ice. Would *you* recongise someone you saw only once for a few minutes several years ago if someone was to make an ice statue out of them?

Nope.

I think only Ash escaped the mind wipe because Mewtwo trusted him and considered him a friend.

However, I don't it would humanly possible to recognize an ice statue of person you saw briefly years ago.

Wierdo Guest

One thing Golden Darkness. You said that next episode, it would be Erika vs. Jessie, Toshi vs. May, and May vs. Erika. By the pictures, it looks like it will be Erika vs. May, Toshi vs. Jessie, and May vs. Winner of Toshi vs. Jessie.

Hey, we may get our cat fight. *hopes*

I think Jesse is May's REAL rival. Forget Drew, Jesse has been in every contest, got a Wurmple at the same time, and they have always hated each other. If Drew didn't exist, Jesse would be THE rival for May. One-timers don't count (Yes, Alfonso, even Harley) Too bad the cat fight won't happen. I was hoping for Meowth to kick some serious butt, but fail when having to fight Skitty and he would throw in the towel for his beloved. THEN they'd get blasted off by a double Blizzard from the cat/transfestite duo that is Skitty and Jynx! Hurrah! And, about the Giovanni thing, maybe Brock REALLY is blind...
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast