Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #52

It's hard to define whether Mew is OU or Uber. I suppose all the previous movesets it had from past Gens work. Both the losses of being able to Baton Pass Block and Explosion are sad. As for changed Sleep mechanics and Magic Coat's buffing, that's debatable.

If Mew is OU, it does have a niche to be a stall/wallbreaker. This can be achieved with an array of Softboiled, Taunt, Substitute, and Seismic Toss.

Mew is also notable for its ability to Pass Magnet Rise.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Mew @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock / Softboiled
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball

Heres a different set than the usual. Mew can be outclassed by other pokemon while using sets like these, but it's always a possiblity. fairly simple set. Set up with CM and to some damage with either your 2 or 3 moves. Speed can be an issue sometimes but with enough bulk and recovery it can usually get aroud not having the speed to overcome some threats.
    IMO, it's outclassed by Reuniclus in OU or Suicune in UU. And Kyogre if you're using Mew in Ubers.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Battalion Mew

Mew @ Leftovers
    Synchronize
    Timid
    252 Spe/252 SpAtk/4 HP
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance/Rock Polish
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic
    Last edited by Shneak; 27th December 2011 at 3:37 AM.

Oh Mew, the master of all TMs, HMs, and tutored moves in any and all games. And my favorite Pokemon EVER!! It's shocking that despite being able to use any and all strategies effectively Mew's fallen to the tier of UU, but that doesn't mean he can't kick ***.

Special Mew
    Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Psychic
    -Dark Pulse
    -Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)/Modest (+Sp Atk, -Atk)
    EV: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Pretty much the most basic of basic Special Sweeper movesets, usable in pretty much any tier, which of course Mew can pull off just fine. Nasty Plot is your booster move, giving your enormous Special Attack an even bigger boost, meaning you'll be breaking down plenty. Psychic is your bread-and-butter move, killing off numerous opponents aside from Darks and Steels. And that's where Aura Sphere or Focus Blast come in. Aura Sphere has power equal to un-STAB'ed Psychic and never misses, which is absolutely awesome. Focus Blast has power close to a STAB Psychic, but that accuracy... it's really more for one who's willing to take a risk, and can affort to pay for it. And finally, Dark Pulse rounds out the 90-power special attacks, killing off the Psychic and Ghost-types that would try and switch into your other attacks. Choice items will give a massive boost to one of your stats, depending on the item you pick: Specs for Special Attack, Scarf for Speed. [B]Life Orb[/B gives you a lesser but still significant boost without locking you into a move, though it whittles down HP with each attack.

Physical Mew
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band/Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Brick Break/Drain Punch
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Shadow Claw
    -Swords Dance
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk), Jolly (+Spd, -Sp Atk)
    EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

And now one of the simplest physical sweeper movesets, which again Mew can pull off easily in most any tier. Brick Break is a basic Fighting-type move, meant to break down Dark- and Steel-types, and also useful for shattering screens. Drain Punch is restricted to 4th Gen for Mew, but it's gotten a massive buff and can deal damage equal to Brick Break, while healing you. Zen Headbutt is pretty much your only physical STAB attack, but it's a good one. Chance of flinching, and an acceptable attack power. Shadow Claw is your answer to Psychics and Ghosts, tearing through them with 70 base power and a high crit-chance. Swords Dance is the cornerstone, jumping your attack to monstrous proportions and allowing you to tear down enemies. Items are same as for the previous set.

Mew is extremely splashable in pretty much all sets and is a jack-of-all-trades, master of... well, pretty much everything. A particular partner however, is Zoroark. This is because Zoroark can take on Mew's form, and with Mew able to do everything Zoroark can short of Night Daze, no-one will suspect a thing until there attack hits. And even then, your opponent will be filled with dread at the thought that you actually DO have a Mew in your team, and it could be running just about anything.

Counters for Mew are few and far between, but one is Weavile. Able to outspeed Mew short of scarfing, and high attack power + STAB Night Slash means big ouch for Mew. Just be careful of getting hit back, unless you've got a Focus Sash. The only true counter to Mew is luck. As in, being lucky enough that you have something to block your opponent's Mew. Because when you have a Pokémon that can learn virtually every attack, there really is no true counter.

I run these Mews And i have them in my shop for trade, they're also pretty awesome
    I also created them myself

Mew @ Leftovers
    Timid/Jolly
    Synchronize
    252 HP 252 Speed
    -Shadow Ball/Ice Punch
    -Aura Sphere/ThunderPunch
    -Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass

Mew is very bulky with 100/100/100 defensive stats and if played correctly, can really ruin your opponents day. This particular Mew can be played two different ways, choose the first bracket for a Nasty Plot Baton Passer, and use the second bracket as a Swords Dance Baton Passer, take your pick. Nasty Plot and Swords Dance are self-explanatory and raise your Sp. Atk and Atk respectively to very high levels. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball are to be used on the Nasty Plot set and have the famous and my personal favorite move combo of FocusBall, but Aura Sphere is much more reliable. ThunderPunch and Ice Punch get the BoltBeam combo that hits everything neutral except Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Freeze, and Magnezone. This set is designed to hit pretty hard on its own, and be able to bestow the sweeping duties upon someone like Nidoking, Breloom, or any other sweeper you may have on your team with Baton Pass.

And also, unrelated to the set, we should have Celebi next week, then Jirachi, then Shaymin, then Shaymin-S, you get the pattern so far? I absolutely love the 100/100/100/100/100/100 legendaries and I think we should do POTW for them.
    Last edited by BugZ; 26th December 2011 at 5:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameSayWha? View Post
    SubCM Mew can set up on all the stall teams in the UU metagame. It takes a while to set up, but, it does pay off. Sorta like SubCM Latias. But Pink and sorta freaky.

SubCM
    Mew @ Leftovers
    Synchronize
    Timid/Modest (Modest not reccomended
    252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Just sayin, why would you use HP Fire if you have acces to every TM, including Flamethrower

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    And also, unrelated to the set, we should have Celebi next week, then Jirachi, then Shaymin, then Shaymin-S, you get the pattern so far? I absolutely love the 100/100/100/100/100/100 legendaries and I think we should do POTW for them.
    Shaymin-S dosen't have base 100/100/100/100/100/100 stats.

also on your set, it could also do very well with out baton pass. You could add a STAB move over it to make it better.
    Last edited by floatzel98; 26th December 2011 at 9:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    By the way Manaphy and Victini are the other two.
    YouTube Pika250, Twitter Pika250
    BMGf no. 8125 (Pika25), Smogon no. 8077 (Pika25)
    Find me at those Forums too!

My Pokemon Online Dream Team, I am "Scotty" on PO

Quote Originally Posted by pika250 View Post
    By the way Manaphy and Victini are the other two.
    Ya I know I didn't wanna list all of them, and they already did Victini
    Last edited by BugZ; 26th December 2011 at 8:21 AM.

Shaymin-S dosen't have base 100/100/100/100/100/100 stats.

also on your set, it could also do very well with out baton pass. You could add a STAB move over it to make it lethal.
    I know Shaymin-S isn't an 100/100/100/100/100/100, but he's still awesome :P and my set is only supposed to be semi-lethal, not absolutely devastating

it would be good if mew had another ability rather than syncronize. Something like natural cure would make it a better pokemon. Also a quick question, if a ground pokemon uses thunderwave or paralyses mew do they also get paralysed?

it would be good if mew had another ability rather than syncronize. Something like natural cure would make it a better pokemon. Also a quick question, if a ground pokemon uses thunderwave or paralyses mew do they also get paralysed?
    hmmmm Im not sure, but I do know they can be paralyzed by things like body slam, but Im gunna guess no
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by cooljolteon View Post
    OK, I can't put up my usual sets for Mew, due to it's extreme diversity. But, I would like to inquire one thing: Can Synchronize work with Rest? I'm not sure of the ability's mechanics. If it can, though, a Rest-Talk set would be excellent!
    Synchronize doesn't work with the Sleep Status Period! It only affects Poison, Badly Poisoned, Paralyzed and Burned.
    Sleep, Frozen and Confusion status do not.

Even if it did work with the Sleep Status, it wouldn't work with Rest anyways, just like Flame Orb and Toxic orb doesn't work with it. Synchronize ONLY activates when your opponent inflicts you with a Bad Status Condition besides Sleep and Frozen.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 26th December 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    <honey badger narrator voice>
    Squishy Dragon does what it wants.
    Squishy Dragon don't give a crap!

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    hmmmm Im not sure, but I do know they can be paralyzed by things like body slam, but Im gunna guess no
    It will Paralyze the Ground Type. Synchronize works on the fact the bearer got hit by a Status (besides Attract, Confuse, Sleep, Leech Seed, or Freeze) and completely ignores Type issues like that.

However, if one of the following happened:
    -Paralyzed the Synchronize Pokemon and had Limber Ability
    -Burned the Synchronize Pokemon and was a Fire Type
    -Burned the Synchronize Pokemon and had Water Veil Ability
    -Regular/Toxic Poisoned the Synchronize Pokemon and was a Poison Type
    -Regular/Toxic Poisoned the Synchronize Pokemon and was a Steel Type
    -Regular/Toxic Poisoned the Synchronize Pokemon and had Immunity Ability
    ...then Synchronize wouldn't work on the Status Inflictor.

I haven't actually used mew before but here's a set I thought might work.

Mew @leftovers
    Timid (+spd -atk)
    EVs: 252 def, 252 spd
    Sychronize
    Calm mind
    Recover
    Psyshock/Dark Pulse
    aura shphere

This set is supposed to give mew an easy time setting up and then be very difficult to stop. This set can work very nicely though if mew switches in on a burn, not only does this stop mew from later being toxiced, but sychronize makes the opponent burned as well. Then start calm minding up which will make mew tough to take down on the special side. Offensive moves: Psyshock gives mew a good stab move and lets him break chansey but dark pulse gives better coverage with aura sphere which is a solid attack from a good offensive type and lets him break steels too. The defense EVs let mew take hits from physical stuff and the speed plus timid makes it very fast able to out-speed counter walls and potentially KO them.
    Last edited by spuds4ever; 26th December 2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Is a Jesus Freak and proud of it

Default Mew

Mewsome

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid (High Spd, low Atk)
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Ability: Synchronise
    Moveset:
    - Substitute
    - Amnesia
    - Barrier
    - Baton Pass

Defensive Mew. Power up defenses making your substitute awesome, and give it to someone else, who lacks bulk put has amazing power.

Hooray and Merry Christmas (Just recently watched the trailer of RPG Metanoia on youtube.)

Mew, the master of all moves accessibility. The legendary pokemon where you imagination can go wild and high as if you are a kid again.

My unique out of the what support set ... (AKA: Deceptive status)

-Swords Dance / Nasty Plot / Work Up
    -Baton Pass
    -Rock Polish
    - Any Physical move (If you use N.P or W.U) / Any Special move (If you use S.D or W.U)
    [Personal options: Aura Sphere, Psychic/shock , Earthquake, Dragon claw, Thunderbolt / Ice beam / Flamethrower / Grass Knot. etc...]

This set is built if you are making your enemy think that 'OH! MEW IS AN ATTACKER (Swords Dance boost)/ SP.ATTACKER (Nasty Plot boost)!" But to trick your enemy, you should use an attack that is NOT BOOSTED! (Ex: Swords Dance + Aura Sphere = Not on the same category) You will be supporting your teammates attacking Potential (Sweeper pokemon or bulky offensive pokemon) from the boosting move you will baton pass.
    (My PBR example will be this step.)
    Example:
    a. Mew is the lead. I used swords dance as my enemy switches for umbreon to Dark pulse mew.
    b. Instead of using a brick break, I use an aura sphere because my mew is better at Sp. attacks than physical attack.
    c. Wait at the right turn of your choice to pass the boosted stat to the desired sweeper pokemon of your choice.

(Another kind of example
    a. Let's say your team consist of 4 special sweepers, status constructed mew, and a physical sweeper.
    b. at turn 8. You set out mew while your opponent calls out Spiritomb (built for SP. Def. but weak in def.) to dark pulse mew.
    c. You got damaged by D.P. after you used Work up. (The enemy thinks that you are fighting back as a mixed sweeper)
    d. You baton passed it to a Tentacruel (the enemy sees it as Special attacker) and the Squid got damaged by the 2nd dark pulse insteead.
    e. Tentacruel is NOT Equipped with Special moves but physical moves (which is only somewhat acceptable.)
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

I know how you love choice sets, Reno. But...he can run, like, anything. This is gonna be tough.

Choice Band Mew
    Choice Band
    Jolly
    252 Atk ; 252 Spe ; 4 HP
    Focus Punch/Superpower/Drain Punch
    Outrage/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Gunk Shot/Aqua Tail/Zen Headbutt
    Outrage/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Gunk Shot/Aqua Tail/Zen Headbutt
    Explosion/U-turn

Oh my gosh. Just run whatever you want on this thing. A fighting-type move is recommended to discourage dark switch-ins. EdgeQuake provides coverage. Outrage is super powerful and hardly resisted. Zen Headbutt is STAB. Explosion is funny. Sucker Punch is another option if you need priority, but locking yourself into it is bad.
    Quite honestly, 100 Base Attack is not that good for a Choice Band user. Mew should be considered for this because of his extreme coverage, surprise factor, and...no, wait, that's about it.
    Jolly is desired to outspeed/speed tie other base 100s. The usual.

Choice Specs Mew
    Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 SpAtk; 252 Spe; 4 HP
    Vacuum Wave
    Earth Power/Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Signal Beam/Giga Drain/Surf/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt
    Earth Power/Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Signal Beam/Giga Drain/Surf/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt

Again, just so many options. Actually, more options. Icy Wind is also an option for setting up someone else on your team, but it's meh. I like Vacuum Wave as a form of priority that can beat dark types. I feel silly posting this because it looks so obvious. Just use moves that cover your team's weaknesses.

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    252 HP; 4 Def; 252 SpDef
    Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Impish
    Will-O-Wisp/Roost
    Thunder Wave/Roost
    Toxic/Roost
    Dragon Tail/Roar

Pretty self-explanatory. Status as you see appropriate.
    Last edited by SwordsDanceStruggle; 27th December 2011 at 4:47 AM.

Mew's so cute!!!! And it has such a wide movepool. Much better after Delibird. Okay, so it can use both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot and given that its base Attack and base Sp Attack, it can be such a great sweeper. It's great for statuses too. It can be a dual screener, baton passer, and has a series of such cool moves! Metronome, Reflect Type, Transform and Me First. Stealth Rock!!!

Weather Mew
    Modest/Adamant/Jolly/Timid
    4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd or 4 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
    Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Icy Rock, Smooth Rock

Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Hail/Sandstorm
    Thunder/Solarbeam/Blizzard/Earthquake/Stone Edge
    Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
    Scald/Flamethrower/Smack Down/Transform/Reflect Type

Weather effects with their respective moves such as Rain Dance and Thunder, Sunny Day and Solarbeam, Hail and Blizzard, and Sandstorm and Earthquake since Sandstorm doesn't have a special move and Earthquake is always awesome. Nasty Plot and Swords Dance will raise whatever attack they raise to make whatever move twice as strong. Scald and Flamethrower for Rain and Sun respectively since they get powered up. Transform and Reflect Type to change your type if you're in a double battle and you can use it on your ally and become them. If you use Nasty Plot or Swords Dance before you can raise your stats and then Transform to become a super powerful Pokemon and becoem immune by weather effects or Reflect Type to prevent you from getting hurt by Hail or Sandstorm and get STAB for whatever move and with Sandstorm, get the boost to your Special Defense if you become Rock. Smack Down to prevent not being able to get hit by Earthquake.

Other options are more fire moves or more water moves for the Sun Mew and Rain Mew respectively. There's also Synthesis for Sun Mew. There isn't much you can do for Hail and Sandstorm. Maybe more moves that can counter what's super effective against Ice or Rock, Ground, and Steel. That way it's more of an asset to the team.

Baton Passer
    Timid/Jolly
    252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spd/252 HP, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd/128 Def, 128 SpDef, 252 Spd
    Leftovers/Brightpowder/Lax Incense

Baton Pass
    Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/Rock Polish/Barrier/Amnesia/Hone Claws/Bulk Up/Calm Mind
    Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/Rock Polish/Barrier/Amnesia/Hone Claws/Bulk Up/Calm Mind
    Substitute

Mew has the amazing ability of being able to double any of its stats with Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Rock Polish, Barrier and Amnesia. Then it can use Hone Claws, another amazing move since it raises Accuracy and then there's Bulk Up and Calm Mind which raise Attack and Defense or Sp Attack and Sp Defense respectively. Then there's Substitute which is a good thing to pass on. Choose your moves based on your needs.

Other options are moves like Steel Wing, Flame Charge, and Charge Beam. Then there's Ancientpower, Silver Wind, and Ominous Wind. That way you're not useless if you're taunted. I'm pretty sure those are all of the moves it can learn that raise its stats and attack.
    I think Lax Incense and Brightpowder are banned so... if you can't use them, don't. If you want more HP or more Defense, use whatever EV spread. Nature's self explanitory.

Awww, Mew! It's one of the coolest and cutest Pokemon ever! Although it can only be obtained through an event or a cheating device, it is well worth the effort. With base 100 stats across the board, a typing that is decent for both offense and defense, nice level-up moves, and the amazing ability to learn any TM, HM, or tutor move, Mew can do virtually ANYTHING. On the downside, the roles Mew can play can usually be done better by other Pokemon, which is probably why it's been demoted from the Uber tier. It's a "Jack of all trades, king of nothing" Pokemon. However, because it can fulfill so many roles, Mew is a very unpredictable Pokemon. And one wrong prediction from your opponent can net you the game.

Synchronise is Mew's only ability, but it's a pretty good one. If Mew is afflicted with Poison, Paralysis, or Burn, the Pokemon who caused the status is also afflicted. Of course, it won't work if the opponent has a typing or ability that prevents that status.

Now, as I said before, Mew can do just about anything, so listing sets is pretty pointless. However, I will point out some of the roles it can do that are fairly rare, or at least less-common, among Pokemon.

Mew gets Heal Bell via HG/SS move tutor. Combined with Roost or Softboiled, Mew can make an effective cleric. It doesn't get Natural Cure like Blissey or Celebi, but it still is a viable user of the move.

With access to Swords Dance, Barrier, Nasty Plot, Amnesia, Rock Polish, Bulk Up, Work Up, Hone Claws, and Calm Mind, Mew is one of the most versatile Baton Passers around. Even better, it doesn't fear Pursuit as much when it uses Baton Pass. It doesn't have lots of resistances, like Scizor, but its faster and lacks 4x weaknesses.

Like Ditto, Mew can use Transform. It doesn't get Imposter like the pile of goo, but its HP and defenses are much, much higher, meaning it can afford to spent a turn transforming. Plus, since Mew retains its HP after its transformation, it remains bulkier than Ditto.

Mew is one of the only Pokemon to get the unique Reflect Type move. This move changes the user's type to the target's. While this is rather situational in Single Battles, I've thought of some cool things to do in Double and Triple Battles. For instance, you can have a Sandstorm team with Mew on it, and have Mew copy the type of one of the team members. Now Mew doesn't have to worry about Sandstorm damage!

Speaking of Double and Triple Battles, Mew can be used to great effect there. It can use one of its many support moves to assist its team, or go wild with moves that hit multiple Pokemon, like Earthquake and Surf.

Countering Mew: The pink cat has so many possible movesets that it's impossible to know what it will do until it performs a move. Once you figure out what Mew's doing, things become much easier; however, since Mew can learn so many moves, it still may have an ace up its sleeve that could throw you completely off guard. Use extreme caution when facing this former Uber.

Mew's capacity to learn Moves of every Type allows us to analyze its Move potential:
    -Mew's Weakest Link is probably Flying Type Moves. Average Move power or 2-turn usage makes this Type less than ideal. However, you do get access to Acrobatics, Sky Attack (HGSS Tutor), and Pluck for versatility's sake. Pass on this for Special Sets, though.
    -Psychic STAB gives you a few options, but they all are powerful. Zen Headbutt is great for Physical Mew, Psychic is the generic powerhouse, Psyshock helps counter Special Walls, and Rest users aren't safe with Dream Eater.
    -Status Effect-Attack Moves are great choices, too. Scald, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, Body Slam (3rd Gen Tutor), Dark Pulse (4th Gen TM) and many others help make Mew become a Sweeper and an Annoyer at the same time. What a concept!
    -Reflect Type is an odd Move only available to Mew, Staryu/Starmie, and Latias. Against a Ghost and/or Dragon Type, beware, but most other Types give you the capacity to shrug off their STAB Type(s), Ghost Type, Dark Type, or Bug Type. At the same time, you can potentially gain STAB with one or two of your other Moves (such as STAB Surf/Scald, STAB Body Slam/Return) or immunity to Hail and/or Sandstorm.

Physical set-up Mew 1
    Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 ATK, 252 SPE, 6 HP
    -Wild Charge
    -Waterfall
    -Shadow Claw
    -Swords Dance

This set is more Tailored to the UU metagame than most sets I've seen. Sword dance is for the attack boost. Wild Charge hits water and flying types, such as Xatu, Sigilyph, Tornadus, Suicune, Slowbro, and Empoleon. Waterfall lets you take out several of the stong fire types and bulky Rock and Ground types. Arcanine, Chandelure, Victini, the ever present Donphan, Hippopotas, and the like all fall to you. Shadow Claw is to take out ghosts and psychics that would normally give you trouble. Azelf, enemy's Mew, Mismagius, and Froslass will no longer be a problem.

Physical set-up Mew 2
    Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 ATK, 252 SPE, 6 HP
    -Earthquake
    -Stone-Edge
    -Dragon Claw
    -Swords Dance

While I could easily just use slashes to combine this set with the one above, but the coverage is drastically different. Swords dance for the same reason as above. Earthquake hits the electrics and Steels the set above have trouble with, such as Registeel, Jolteon, and Raikou. Stone-Edge can take out flying switch ins expecting an earthquake like Zapdos, Togekiss, and Crobat. Dragon Claw is neccesary for taking out Kingdras and Flygons that can give this set trouble.

Counters:
    Scarf-Flygon can easily take out a Mew which doesn't have an Ice or Dragon move, although they have to be wary of a predicted switch in. The main bane of Mew is Azelf, which can outspeed Mew and hit it with a U-Turn. Scarfed V-Create Victini can take Mew easily, along with everything that doesn't have flash fire. Again, they have to be wary of switching in to something like Stone Edge or Surf. Overall, Mew is quite hard to counter until its whole moveset is known. Your best bet is scouting with protect, than bringing in a reliable counter. If you see Mew in the team preview, be prepared to play around it.
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    Physical set-up Mew 1
    Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 ATK, 252 SPE, 6 HP
    -Wild Charge
    -Waterfall
    -Shadow Claw
    -Swords Dance

This set is more Tailored to the UU metagame than most sets I've seen. Sword dance is for the attack boost. Wild Charge hits water and flying types, such as Xatu, Sigilyph, Tornadus, Suicune, Slowbro, and Empoleon. Waterfall lets you take out several of the stong fire types and bulky Rock and Ground types. Arcanine, Chandelure, Victini, the ever present Donphan, Hippopotas, and the like all fall to you. Shadow Claw is to take out ghosts and psychics that would normally give you trouble. Azelf, enemy's Mew, Mismagius, and Froslass will no longer be a problem.

Physical set-up Mew 2
    Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 ATK, 252 SPE, 6 HP
    -Earthquake
    -Stone-Edge
    -Dragon Claw
    -Swords Dance

While I could easily just use slashes to combine this set with the one above, but the coverage is drastically different. Swords dance for the same reason as above. Earthquake hits the electrics and Steels the set above have trouble with, such as Registeel, Jolteon, and Raikou. Stone-Edge can take out flying switch ins expecting an earthquake like Zapdos, Togekiss, and Crobat. Dragon Claw is neccesary for taking out Kingdras and Flygons that can give this set trouble.

Counters:
    Scarf-Flygon can easily take out a Mew which doesn't have an Ice or Dragon move, although they have to be wary of a predicted switch in. The main bane of Mew is Azelf, which can outspeed Mew and hit it with a U-Turn. Scarfed V-Create Victini can take Mew easily, along with everything that doesn't have flash fire. Again, they have to be wary of switching in to something like Stone Edge or Surf. Overall, Mew is quite hard to counter until its whole moveset is known. Your best bet is scouting with protect, than bringing in a reliable counter. If you see Mew in the team preview, be prepared to play around it.
    Actually, Victini and Azelf are OHKOed by a +2 Sucker Punch.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Factoring that we just happen to have Mew over the Christmas holidays, I was kinda shocked. Any who, we all know what this little pink critter can do. Albeit, maybe not as good at times.

Specialty Mew
    Mild
    Synchronize
    @Leftovers
    252 Sp.Atk/ Spd
    Moves
    Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Ice Beam
    Energy Ball

Well Since mew has access to all the moves, it gets a little fun. I'm looking and thinking about those big ones out there that can stop Mew. Tyranitar, Swampert, Blissey...etc. Mew can be killed easily from Tyranitar..simply put.
    Pyschic is it's only STAB move, and quite easily the best one it has. Forget Psyshock in this Teir, Mew's standard 100 doesn't make it work.
    Focus Blast is there for Tyranitar. And any other darks that pose a threat to Mew. Ignoring it's subpar Acc. It's beastly when you look at Mew's best Stat--Sp. Atk.
    The final two moves can be fillers. I personally love Ice Beam as it's a coverage to anything, and again with that sp Atk, it's coming hard. I threw a Energy Ball in for those Swampert lovers. Again, It's Sp.Atk means at least two hits and Swapmert bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie Firch T View Post
    Factoring that we just happen to have Mew over the Christmas holidays, I was kinda shocked. Any who, we all know what this little pink critter can do. Albeit, maybe not as good at times.

Specialty Mew
    Mild
    Synchronize
    @Leftovers
    252 Sp.Atk/ Spd
    Moves
    Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Ice Beam
    Energy Ball

Well Since mew has access to all the moves, it gets a little fun. I'm looking and thinking about those big ones out there that can stop Mew. Tyranitar, Swampert, Blissey...etc. Mew can be killed easily from Tyranitar..simply put.
    Pyschic is it's only STAB move, and quite easily the best one it has. Forget Psyshock in this Teir, Mew's standard 100 doesn't make it work.
    Focus Blast is there for Tyranitar. And any other darks that pose a threat to Mew. Ignoring it's subpar Acc. It's beastly when you look at Mew's best Stat--Sp. Atk.
    The final two moves can be fillers. I personally love Ice Beam as it's a coverage to anything, and again with that sp Atk, it's coming hard. I threw a Energy Ball in for those Swampert lovers. Again, It's Sp.Atk means at least two hits and Swapmert bye bye.
    All of mew's stats are even, so special attack isn't actually it's best.

Aura Sphere>Focus Blast. You never see Blizzard on standard sets, but you do see Ice Beam for the same reason, it's accuracy makes it much more reliable. Modest over Mild, it gets higher defense that way. Finally, Giga Drain is better then Energy Ball, there is only a 5 power difference, and Giga Drain will restore it's health.

Shadow ball is also an option to hit psychic types who resist it's STAB.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 28th December 2011 at 1:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast