Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #52

Mew, the new species pokemon. Because it has the ability to learn all sorts of moves, it is believed to be the ancestor of all pokemon. Also known as the phantom pokemon that eluded us without the access to an event or hacking device this pokemon's genetic structure gave birth to the premier god of pokemon, mewtwo.

Overview:
    Mew carries base 100 stats in all categories. As well, it has the ability to learn basically any move...wait what? It can't learn sketch? Okay, so its one move that it can't learn...wait there's more? WHAT? Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Magma Storm, Judgement, and the elemental hyper beams? Okay, well gamefreak messed up the greatest pokemon from my childhood, but mew can still learn every TM, HM, and move tutor move. It can fill any niche on your team whether it be a sweeper, tank, lead, etc. With a huge movepool at your command, you can fill any role, so have fun and go wild with this one.

Abilities:
    Synchronise: When the pokemon is burned, poisoned, or paralysed the opponent is as well. Unfortuanetly, pokemon that can't be burned or poisoned or paralysed are unaffected. Okay, why can't the legendaries get better abilities or something good for a hidden ability? I mean come on, synchronise? Half the legendaries get pressure or something really useful, but synchronise?

Counters:
    Mew can fill any role, so unless your psychic then I say try your best to figure out what its running. Sadly, mew suffers from the single psychic typing syndrome and you can't go wrong with a ghost or dark type that outspeeds it, hits it hard, or can wall it out when facing mew. Rotom-H, Weavile, Froslass, Zoroark, Umbreon, Mismagius, or Spiritomb would do one of those things in UU. There are multiple options just be aware that you may think your countering mew, but you could find yourself in hot water if you aren't careful.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Leader of Pokemon Online's Scripted Server Tournaments channel

Pokemon Online is now on Android: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    Mew, the new species pokemon. Because it has the ability to learn all sorts of moves, it is believed to be the ancestor of all pokemon. Also known as the phantom pokemon that eluded us without the access to an event or hacking device this pokemon's genetic structure gave birth to the premier god of pokemon, mewtwo.

Overview:
    Mew carries base 100 stats in all categories. As well, it has the ability to learn basically any move...wait what? It can't learn sketch? Okay, so its one move that it can't learn...wait there's more? WHAT? Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Magma Storm, Judgement, and the elemental hyper beams? Okay, well gamefreak messed up the greatest pokemon from my childhood, but mew can still learn every TM, HM, and move tutor move. It can fill any niche on your team whether it be a sweeper, tank, lead, etc. With a huge movepool at your command, you can fill any role, so have fun and go wild with this one.

Abilities:
    Synchronise: When the pokemon is burned, poisoned, or paralysed the opponent is as well. Unfortuanetly, pokemon that can't be burned or poisoned or paralysed are unaffected. Okay, why can't the legendaries get better abilities or something good for a hidden ability? I mean come on, synchronise? Half the legendaries get pressure or something really useful, but synchronise?

Counters:
    Mew can fill any role, so unless your psychic then I say try your best to figure out what its running. Sadly, mew suffers from the single psychic typing syndrome and you can't go wrong with a ghost or dark type that outspeeds it, hits it hard, or can wall it out when facing mew. Rotom-H, Weavile, Froslass, Zoroark, Umbreon, Mismagius, or Spiritomb would do one of those things in UU. There are multiple options just be aware that you may think your countering mew, but you could find yourself in hot water if you aren't careful.
    OH NO Mew can't learn hyper beam variants! now what? maybe we can use psychic which is a bit weaker than hyper beam after STAB but it is not useless!

it can't learn some moves so? it learns transform at least it is not wobbafet with 6 moves or regigigas with slow start ability, pressure is useless... and synchronise is awesome. your point is invalid mew is mew it got nice ability a HUGE movepool which leaves you with no complains, if mew was like smeagle then smeagle would be useless.
    Last edited by Ilan; 28th December 2011 at 9:55 AM.

dude chill out, I was just having some fun with my version of an overview. Its my kind of entertainment and love how they find something funny to put in the overviews or rant in the abilities department every time they do POTW. Synchronise is an alright ability to me, but seems generic on psychic types especially when most pokemon that will spread the status can't be affected by it when it tries to activate. The only time that it really works is against a staller who is not poison or steel and they use toxic.
    Thanks, to the awesome artist of our clan, Team Nightmare, zek4040 for this AMAZING banner.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial phantom View Post
    dude chill out, I was just having some fun with my version of an overview. Its my kind of entertainment and love how they find something funny to put in the overviews or rant in the abilities department every time they do POTW. Synchronise is an alright ability to me, but seems generic on psychic types especially when most pokemon that will spread the status can't be affected by it when it tries to activate. The only time that it really works is against a staller who is not poison or steel and they use toxic.
    I was just sarcastic like I always do when people recommend hyper beam or it variants on anything bar slaking...

it work pretty fine especially on pokemons like sableye,cofagringus,scald users,jellicent,milotic.
    poison types aren't that common anyway wezzing uses will o wisp, ferrothorn uses thunder wave, jirachi uses body slam, dragonite uses thunder wave (parashuffle set).
    So synchronize it pretty useful more than the crappy pressure which is not that good...

Default Mew!

OMG! I LOVE Mew! It's cute, mysterious, and it has a lot of choices to choose from. But to tell you the truth... Mewtwo is stronger than Mew.

Mew Trolls Mew-hunters

Nature: Jolly
    Item: Expert Belt, mental herb, or Normal Gem
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, and 4 Attack
    Moves:
    Transform
    Tailwind
    Sucker Punch
    Explosion

Mew can be a transformer, tailwinder, priorety finisher, or a bomb. It may be hard to use, but it has a potential to work.

Watch out for Scrafty because gangsters hate nekos. JK about that, but fully buffed Scrafties are a threat. Prankster Murkrows or any other potential taunter can stop Mew, too. In terms of looking out for sweepers, watch out for Scizor.
    Last edited by GirlKirbyZombie; 28th December 2011 at 9:11 PM.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by ClefairyRox View Post
    Awww, Mew! It's one of the coolest and cutest Pokemon ever! Although it can only be obtained through an event or a cheating device, it is well worth the effort.

Don't forget about "My Pokemon Ranch!" Mew is obtainable after ranching in 1000 Pokemon.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

Ok. Mew. Finally, a decent Uber.

Some other options... (why am I saying that...)
    Gravity is a fantastic move for Mew to know, as it can learn a ton of low accuracy moves, including some of the more dangerous ones, such as Dynamic punch(emerald) or Zap cannon(XD)
    Night shade and secemic toss, both are ok if you are running a wall set, or a-
    Phazing sets work well too, as it can learn Stealth rock, Roar and/or Dragon tail
    Statuses are another way to go. (You know... Not going to name them all) But I am going to mention that it does get Hypnosis from XD.
    Fake out... You get the message. YOU CAN GO NUTS WITH THE LITTLE
    CRITTER!!!
    It can do anything.

By the way, Donphan can bounce. WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Originally Posted by Ilan
    I was just sarcastic like I always do when people recommend hyper beam or it variants on anything bar slaking...

it work pretty fine especially on pokemons like sableye,cofagringus,scald users,jellicent,milotic.
    poison types aren't that common anyway wezzing uses will o wisp, ferrothorn uses thunder wave, jirachi uses body slam, dragonite uses thunder wave (parashuffle set).
    So synchronize it pretty useful more than the crappy pressure which is not that good...
    Yeah, alright man I get what your saying. It true that you will see most of those too, but syncronising a paralysis on ferro would be the worst out of those if it's carrying gyro ball over power whip and you don't have the counter. Outside jirachi, jellicent, and milotic I don't see much of those using the status inflicting moves since its normally something that would be immune to the status it's inflicting, but they are the cut above most of the other pokemon who do try to pass. Will admit I didn't get the saracasm, but glad we're cool on the matter, and I know when I'm shown up, so kudos to you.

Mew, now an UU? What happened? To quote from the 4th Gen POTW, "Mew, the Pokémon of endless possibilities. ...Needless to say, all of this gave it an immediate ticket to the Uber environment." Now it's at the other end of the spectrum, while Celebi and Victini are still considered OU Tier? Rant aside, Mew is still a good Pokemon. Base 100 stats across the board means no obvious weakness to target (Trick Room against fast Pokemon, Physical attacks against Pokemon with low Defense, etc.) with the possibility to go down any path it wants. And unlike the aforementioned Celebi and Victini, Mew has the movepool to do anything. 5th Gen did nerf Mew of several good attacks, though, but what's left is still more than enough to make a threat.

Now, for my suggested moveset;

Mixed Sonic

-Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Psyshock/Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere/Giga Drain/Vacuum Wave/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Thunder/Flash Cannon/Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Scald/Charge Beam/Psychic/Solarbeam
    Attached Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
    Ability: Synchronize
    EV's and Nature: 128 Attack / 128 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Naive (+ Speed, - Special Defense)

A mixed sweeper set. Hit hard, hit fast. Dragon Claw is your primary Physical attack here; good power, good coverage, no immunities, only stalled by one type. Earthquake gets rid of any Steel types who can't get airborne and comes with good coverage and power on it's own. The automatic super-effective hit on Tyranitar (an otherwise troublesome counter) is just a bonus. Use over Stone Edge on this set. The Fire attack is primarily there to get rid of Skarmory and Bronzong, but the X4 hit on Ferrothorn, as well as hitting Weavile, is also good. (I prefer Flamethrower myself, but Fire Blast can be used too) The next attack is basically filler; all options in this post are Special so that no Physical wall can switch in with only your Fire move to scare them. (Some of these require a transfer from 4th Gen to have. I'm sure you can tell which fit this category)
    Psychic/Psyshock both get STAB; one is slightly stronger, one hits Blissey and Chansey harder.
    Dark Pulse is my preferred choice here. Stops Ghosts from coming in, has a chance to Flinch, deals with Psychics nicely, and unlike Shadow Ball, hits any Normal-type switch-ins who think you'll be sending a Shadow Ball their way.
    Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave don't provide any key coverage beyond a X4 hit on Tyranitar and Weavile, though that alone may justify using them. Aura Sphere is stronger and can't miss. Vacuum Wave, however, is Mew's only reliable source of Priority. Sucker Punch? Haha, don't ever consider it; there's a reason I called Vacuum Wave Mew's only reliable Priority move.
    Ice Beam hits Dragons, Gliscor (who could otherwise wall this set), and has good power. No real downsides besides "4 Movepool Syndrome".
    Thunder/Thunderbolt stops Bulky Waters, mostly, but are both good attacks. I recommend Thunderbolt, unless you can ensure constant rain.
    Charge Beam is weak, and has Thunder/bolt's coverage. The possible boost to Special Attack is what earns this attack a slot as an option. (don't use with Choice Scarf, as you'll be switching around too much)
    Surf/Scald hits Bulky Grounds and gets a nice hit on Tyranitar. One is stronger while the other has the potential to Burn, which will scare off most Pursuit users.
    Flash Cannon doesn't get any noteworthy super-effective coverage, but does have the (too frequently overlooked) potential to lower the foe's Special Defense. Granted, only the Fire Attack will benefit directly, but any Special sweepers you send in will love it.
    Giga Drain/Grass Knot/Energy Ball/Solarbeam serves to hit Bulky Grounds and Waters in one moveslot. Giga Drain provides healing (and got better this Generation) that Mew can use. Energy Ball is reliable and like Flash Cannon can lower the foe's Special Defense. Grass Knot can be stronger than Energy Ball, but most of the time will be as good as/worse than Energy Ball (see Vaporeon). Solarbeam is only to be used with Sun support; otherwise forget it.

As for items, Life Orb comes with it's overtyped pros & cons; 1.3X more power to your attacks at the cost of 10% HP. Choice Scarf gives Mew a potential 656 Speed, while locking you into a single attack. Expert Belt is the safety option. A flat 1.2X boost to super-effective hits won't impress everyone, but that bonus is almost certain with the above moveset, which relies more on wide coverage to deal damage than raw power.

The EV spread keeps your offenses equal so that opponents can't count on their Gliscor (for example's sake) eating a weak Flamethrower while remaining otherwise untouchable. Max Speed is essentially mandatory; you want to outrun anything that you need to crush, while preventing most threats from outrunning you. You could take some EVs out of Speed and put them into Mew's offenses, if you would like the extra power. If so, try 168 Attack / 168 Special Attack / 174 Speed. Me, I don't recommend it. Naive boosts your Speed without hurting your offenses. You could run Hasty (+ Speed, - Defense) but I say go with Naive: a Burned Pursuit-user may lack the power to OHKO you if you don't run, if you use Naive.

Partners:
    FIGHTING TYPES! Machamp, Breloom, Lucario, Gallade, Terrakion, it doesn't matter who, just run one! Tyranitar, Weavile, Bisharp, Blissey, even if you are running a Fighting type move on this set, you'll want something to ensure that these, and other Psychic-stoppers, pay dearly for your loss. Having a Dark type is also recommended; most Ghosts have little reason to fear the attacks listed here (except for Dark Pulse), but run the second a Dark type hits the field. Weavile, ironically, is a wonderful partner; it can take out most Ghost types with little trouble, and has STAB Ice attacks to use on Gliscor. If you're running Thunder, then Politoed (or Kyogre, if you use this Mew in Ubers) is also recommended. Ninetales (again, Groudon if in Ubers) is mandatory if you run Solarbeam, but still gives your Fire attack a boost. If you're running Choice Scarf, you better pack something to clear entry hazards. Forretress, Espeon, you get the idea. Also recommended, if you have something that runs Work Up and Baton Pass in the same moveset, it will really make this Mew's life easier. (don't use with a Choice Scarfer, though, otherwise the boost will be wasted) In general, most teams already have one or more Pokemon that works well with Mew. In this case, if you have a strong Pokemon who can break walls (or benefits from an opponent's walls being weakened/terminated), run it. Blissey might laugh off a Galvantula (for example), but if it ate a Special Defense-drop from this Mew's Flash Cannon or Energy Ball, it's going to have to either risk taking a STABed Thunder (not likely) or switch (most likely).

Counters:
    Bulky Ghosts tend to be your safest first line of defense. Super effective STAB attacks, the Defenses to withstand un-STABed Physical attacks, you get the idea. If your name is Spiritomb, then you are the best bet to stopping this particular set; STABed Sucker Punch (quite possibly the only time this attack is reliable) will kill this set no matter what your Speed is. Other Ghosts work too, just run Protect in case of Dark Pulse. Bulky Waters and Grounds also work, having a built-in resistance to Earthquake and Flamethrower/Fire Blast and the Defense &/or HP to take some un-STABed Dragon Claws. Just watch out for the possible Grass or Electric attack. In this regard, Gliscor is especially dangerous; if Mew lacks Ice Beam or a Water attack, this Mew can't touch it. Any Dark type that doesn't pack a secondary typing that renders it weak to Earthquake or Flamethrower/Fire Blast is preferred, but not mandatory. Weavile and Bisharp both have their Priority moves, but have to make sure that Earthquake and Flamethrower/Fire Blast are out of the question. Tyranitar is a classic counter, just make sure your Defense is maxed out so you don't lose out to Earthquake. Zoroark may be better than either of these options, though. Being a pure Dark type, all you really have to look out for is the possible Aura Sphere or Vacuum Wave.
    All these counters assume you are not running a Choice Scarf on this Mew. If this Mew is running a Choice Scarf, then you can add some options. Pursuit is almost a foregone conclusion in this case, unless you switched into a Scald and got a Burn before you could attack. Chandelure with Shadow Tag gets a special mention; if you switch into any attack other than Earthquake or Dark Pulse (or any possible Water attack), you can boost to your heart's content then finish Mew off with one blow. Dugtrio needs to watch out for the possible Grass or Water move, but if Mew lacks it, Dugtrio can switch in as Mew attacks, then finish it off with Sucker Punch the next turn (give Dugtrio a Focus Sash, just in case you get hit with a STABBED Psychic/Psyshock). Oh, and field hazards; keep at least a layer of Stealth Rocks up, and a few layers of Spikes & Poison Spikes too. Mew may not be weak to these, but constantly switching in and out will lead to a self-inflicted KO if not careful, and can't Synchronize off the Poison from the Poison Spikes.
    A final word about this moveset's counters; almost all of them CAN find themselves KO'd depending on what is in Mew's final moveslot. A scout with Protect is highly recommended so that you don't send in something like Gyarados only to learn the hard way that Mew's carrying Thunder/bolt. (that was just an example, but you get the idea)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

-Take up thy cross and follow Christ Jesus.
    ~Don't underestimate my God~
    ♥I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.♥

I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, "I don't use "uber" Pokemon," edited out by me because I do use "uber" Pokemon on occasion.)

Anyone thought of this?

Synchro-Burner
    Item: Flame Orb
    EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
    Nature: Bold
    -Trick
    -Protect
    -Aura Shpere|Psychic
    -Shadow Ball|Explosion

EVs put Defense at 281 and Special Defense at 280. You burn yourself and also the opponent. (Works well since no one ResTalks anymore.) Trick is for ResTalkers. Explosion if you're about to die. (If you feel like using it.) Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball provide perfect coverage though.

Hmm, I don't really know if the whole synchronize-flame orb thing will really have synergy.
    The strategy there should simply be trick the flame orb before you even get burned. Unlike Reuniclus and Sigilyph, Mew doesn't have the luxury of Magic Guard.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Flame Orb/Synchronize doesn't even work, the status can't be self inflicted.

In fact, all it'll do is make synchronize useless.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Sub-Punch @ Leftovers:
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Sucker Punch
    -Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Zen Headbutt

A gimmick Sub-Punch set. Substitute is for blocking status and acts as a wall for setting up a Focus Punch. Sucker Punch is for coverage and is an okay priority move if you have decent predication skills. Last move is solely for coverage. Ice Punch is for dragons, Fire Punch is for things like Ferrothorn and Scizor, plus has the benefit of getting boosted in the sun. Zen Headbutt is just for the STAB and not a very accurate one, though the flinch rate might prove useful.
    Gen VI Pokedex, here I come!
    Gen V National Pokédex: 649/649

3DS FC: 3239-3604-9829

Really?... Mew?!
    This little embryo can do everything! I won't even bother myself in choosing natures or EVs or even make a moveset for... It is so versatile that it's not funny... It can be a tank, a sweeper, a team player you name it! It can learn every move in the bookof that generation!

When a Mew pops up in front of you... Can you, even remotely, guess what it'll do?

Awesome pokemon...!

OU Sub/Punch
    ------------------------
    Jolly + Life Orb
    252HP/252Att/4Speed
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Roost
    -Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Sweep Stopper.

Timid Nature. 252 Spd, 80 SpAtk 176 Hp @ Leftovers/Choice Scarf

Will-o-Wisp
    Thunder Wave/Roost.
    Dragon Tail
    U-Turn/Ice Beam.

Here's the lowdown, this pink pixie thing will ruin any physical and to some extent special sweeper it sets eyes on, If you want it overkill fast a good option is choice scarf where you can come in quickly burn and retreat, Or to rid your foe of any stat boosts run in really fast and dragon tail it back to its team. Ice beam is for Scarf sets where if you see a dragonite/gliscor etc. you could kill it without having to waste time burning etc.
    Finally Thunder Wave is for the scarf sets for when you see a special sweeper and want to slow it the hell down basically.

If you want to run this set with Leftovers rather than the scarf
    its a better idea to U-turn over Ice Beam so you can switch into a better sweeper to deal with the instant threats and Roost over Thunder wave as it will allow longer life and more chances to ruin sweepers go nuts ^^

Mew @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP

- Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Flame Charge

This is one of my all-time favorite movesets for Mew, especially in OU. Swords Dance is less expected there, and this set does well against the Nasty Plot set's traditional counters. Flame Charge is the strange move in this set, the move that makes it only possible for Mew to use this set. It provides a great way to boost Mew's decent, but counterable, base 100 speed, while providing a good check to specially-defensive Jirachi, possibly the surest counter to Mew.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Mew @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 224 Defense / 32 Speed
    Bold

Taunt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Softboiled
    Psychic / Ice Beam

Pretty much the only set usable in OU, and it is a very good one. Every other Mew set is more or less outclassed by something. Even this struggles to not be outdone by Jellicent.

A doubles set might work.

Mew @ lum berry
    252 hp / 252 speed / 4 sp. defense
    Bold

- Protect
    - Sky drop
    - Billzard/Earthquake/Surf/Explosion
    - Gravity

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Default My final mew set for year 2011 and the start of 2012

A mix sweeper pokeathlon mew from Johto? (Mixed Sweeper)

-Moves:
    Work UP (details: It increases both attack and Special attack stats by 1 level. This will be your core move.)

The need of work up to work is to mix your category type attack status/

and your mega ultra multiple choice of attack moves:

-Aura Sphere / Brick break / Low Sweep / Drain Punch / Vacuum Wave / SUPERPOWER (Super mew ... not Superman) / Low Kick
    -Psyshock / Psychic / Zen Headbutt
    -Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball / Ominous Wind
    -Earth Power / earthquake / Bulldoze
    -Energy Ball /Grass knot / Giga drain / Seed Bomb
    -Rock slide / Stone Edge / Ancient Power / Smack Down
    -Thunderbolt / Wild charge / Charge Beam / Volt switch / Thunder Punch
    -Flamethrower / Flame Charge / Fire Punch / Heat wave
    -Dark Pulse / Payback / Sucker Punch (The move ... not the Movie of the girl)
    -Sludge Bomb / Poison Jab / Sludge Wave
    -Flash Cannon / Iron head / Iron tail / Steel wing
    -Surf / Waterfall / Scald / Dive / Aqua tail / Water Pulse
    -Ice Beam / Frost Breath / Ice Punch
    -X-scisscor / Struggle Bug / U-turn / Silver wind / Signal beam / Bug Bite
    -Body slam / Facade / Return(Yay mew!) / Frustration(Poor mew) / Retaliate / Strength / Headbutt / Super Fang / Swift
    -Aerial Ace / Sky Drop(I believe it is banned) / Fly / Bounce
    -Dragon Claw / Dragon Pulse / OUTRAGE!(angry mews ... not angry birds)

In this set, mix your attacks to take down mew's ultimate Poketenders.

EV options:
    a.Focus on Def / Sp. Def + HP for bulky offense and must be equipped with leftovers
    b. Focus on Atk. / Sp. Atk. + Speed for Sweeper set and must be equipped with life orb

Her competitors:

REFEREE FROM WBO: "And from the red corner, are mew's ultimate Competitors OF ALL POKEMON ONLINE GAMEPLAY RANKS! (FROM NU TO UBERS IN RANDOM ORDER)"

A. TYRANITAR OF JOHTO (Every frail Psychic type's nightmare)
    B. METAGROSS OF HOENN (Hyper bulky and offensive Meteor Mash Tank)
    C. WEAVILE OF SINNOH (Pursuit and Night Slash Master)
    D. SPIRITOMB OF SINNOH (Pressure ability + No type weaknesses = wear down for mew's attacks)
    E. ABSOL OF HOENN (Hyper increased attack stat + Sucker Punch = KO)
    F. HOUNDOOM OF JOHTO (Nasty plot glass cannon user)
    G. GENGAR OF KANTO (special attacker, original shadow ball killer)
    H. BRONZONG OF SINNOH (powerful TYPE resistances + trick room master)
    I. VICTINI OF UNOVA (V-create's power + Fire Gem / + sunny day)
    J. HYDREIGON OF UNOVA (Life orb Dark pulse combo)
    K. VOLCARONA OF UNOVA (Quiver dance boosted bug buzz)
    L. SCIZOR OF JOHTO (Master technician bug bite and bullet punch or a deadly Swords Dance X Sciscor combo. Be wary...)
    M. JELLICENT OF UNOVA (special based territory professional)
    N. DRAGONITE OF KANTO (Wall wrecker)
    O. CELEBI OF JOHTO (Special base battle and status move professional)
    P. MANAPHY OF SINNOH (boosted via tail glow from previous turn)
    Q. SHAYMIN SKY FORME OF SINNOH(Seed Flare power)
    R. JIRACHI OF HOENN (type combo resistance, hax master, VERSATILITY ELITE!)
    S. GARCHOMP OF SINNOH (Ubers swords dance terror)
    T. ALAKAZAM OF KANTO (Magic Guarded shadow ball + Life orb = Extreme damage)
    U. REUNICLUS OF UNOVA (high sp. defensive and sp. attack stats in a trick room field)
    V. UMBREON OF JOHTO (Curse + Payback combo = troublesome damage)
    W. HONCHKROW OF SINNOH (Life orb'd sucker punch or life orb'd Dark pulse. A high powered dark flying glass cannon)
    X. HAXORUS OF UNOVA (a dragon dance or 2 plus outrage is equal to wreckage damage)
    Y. MANDIBUZZ OF UNOVA (very bulky phazer, get's rid of the work up boost and immunity to weather damage)
    Z. DUSKNOIR OF SINNOH (Bulky ghost type with sucker punch)
    AA. BLISSEY OF KANTO (High SP. Defense and the queen of HP)
    AB. DUSCLOPS OF HOENN (Eviolite boost + status moves is a wear out for mew with the addition of seismic toss)
    AC. CHANSEY OF KANTO (Same for dusclops)
    AD. SALAMENCE OF HOENN (Mega mix killer to be alert high five on OU ranks)
    AE. FERROTHORN OF UNOVA (Only weak to Fighting and fire moves with very high defensive stats)
    AF. SHELGON OF HOENN (EVIOITE with dragon dance is a troublesome combo)
    AG. ESPEON OF JOHTO (high sp. attacker with calm mind boost)
    AH. DARKRAI OF SINNOH (Dark void of doom + Bad breams with dark Pulse = Her possibly worst dream ever)
    AI. MEWTWO OF KANTO (What worse than her bigger and meaner brother?)
    AJ. LUGIA OF JOHTO (Multiscale with high defensive stats makes Lugia a nearly unbreakable legendary)
    AK. KYOGRE OF HOENN )drizzled water Spout is the event of Noah's arc. At least Noah was protected by God)
    AL. RAYQUAZA OF HOENN (Extremely dangerous Flying Dragon terminator with complete immunities to all forms of weather. Super high attack stats)
    AM. DIALGA OF SINNOH (Very High SP Attack. Roar of time is serious damage)
    AN. ARCEUS OF SINNOH (his name says it all)
    AO. GENESECT OF UNOVA (Download boost and mix spread makes this mecha the pokemon world's Solid Snake)
    AP. COFARIGUS OF UNOVA (Deadly ability of Mummy and very high defensive stats and potentially powerful SP. Attack stat.)
    AQ. ESCAVALIER OF UNOVA (Very Bulky in both defensive stats and physical stats. Even more dangerous at trick room + swords dance)
    AR. CLOYSTER OF KANTO (Shell smash with Skill linked Icicle spear is a deadly issue)
    AS. CHANDELURE OF UNOVA (Extremely high Special attack of base 145. watch out for this furniture ghost type)
    AT. CONKELDURR OF UNOVA (With a good amount of HP + Bulk up + Payback = serious pain)
    AU. MACHAMP OF KANTO (Same with conkeldurr)
    AV. DRAPION OF SINNOH (Only weak to earthquake and immune to Psychic makes a possible gap hole for mew)
    AW. YANMEGA OF SINNOH (Any of its abilities using the power of bug buzz + Life orb = Oh no. Its a hyper speed crazy yanmega on the kill!)
    AX. HERACROSS OF JOHTO (MEGAHORN! Nuff said with life orb or expert belt)
    AY. DITTO OF KANTO (You imposter! How dare you!?)
    AZ. ZOROARK OF UNOVA (I've been tricked. Careful of Night daze or dark Pulse or get the possibility of defeat)
    BA. GOLURK OF UNOVA (Iron fisted shadow punch is laying some possible damage. Also learns dark pulse since it is best allied with Zoroark, a D.P. user)
    BB. MISMAGIUS OF SINNOH (A special type fighter wit pain split, aka. special offensive staller)
    BC. FROSTLASS OF SINNOH (Same with Mismagius minus the pain split)
    BD. STARMIE OF KANTO (A popular special water type killer holding a possible shadow ball attack. Also a staller via recover and trick)
    BE. PALKIA OF SINNOH (Bulky offense with critical hit spacial rend could be mew's end on the battlefiend)
    BF. SCRAFTY OF UNOVA (It is the gangster / lizard of pokemon that Psychics fear. Plus it learns dragon dance. OH sh** run away before it kicks your ***)
    BG. KROOKODILE OF UNOVA (It's a crook and crocodile man. And it is a decent glass cannon with crunch and foul play(cheater...)
    BH. LUCARIO OF SINNOH (A very well known mixed attacker from 4th gen still stands high. Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse / Swords dance + Shadow Claw = Fear the master of Aura himself.)
    BI. STARAPTOR OF SINNOH(Uber abuser of Wreckless with Brave bird or Double edge plus life orb will make you cry in shear pain of the OU realm)
    BJ. AZELF OF SINNOH (Hyper attacker of the pixies. Watchout for exposion or Life orb Shadow Ball)

AND POSSIBLY SOME OR A FEW MORE I MISSED. But what's written here are some of the challengers that this legendary may want to avoid at all costs.
    Wow. This is the longest post I have ever posted today for new year! Happy new year to you all. finished at 1/1 2012 at 12:21 am
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Suicidal Status Spreader
    ---------------------------------------
    Jolly + Normal Gem
    252Attack/252Speed
    -Will-o-wisp/Toxic/Thunder Wave
    -Will-o-wisp/Toxic/Thunder Wave
    -Explosion
    -Ice Punch/Taunt

I prefer to use Ice Punch to get rid of those pesky Prankster users that happen to have a weakness to ice...because they always seem to get in the way

Mew, a completly unpredictible Pokemon. SubPunch, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, ResTalk, Steath Rock, Baton Passer, Screens, and many more. Mew is DANGEROUS. A set like the following could be used for a capturer Mew.

Mew @ none
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly(+Spd, -SAtk)
    - False Swipe
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Claw
    - Taunt
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Mew @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 224 Defense / 32 Speed
    Bold

Taunt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Softboiled
    Psychic / Ice Beam

Pretty much the only set usable in OU, and it is a very good one. Every other Mew set is more or less outclassed by something. Even this struggles to not be outdone by Jellicent.
    100 Speed outruns countless walls. 60 Speed is mediocre for a Taunting wall. Mew has greater physical bulk.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    other Mew set is more or less outclassed by something.
    I think this should be noted on the POTW. While mew is very unpredictable, it usually doesn't do as well as other pokemon could at each role. The element of surprise just doesn't make up for it.

Though mew can probably work well in OU, just not as well as pokemon who might have the same role.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Of course, Mew's main counter for the support sets is taunt, where it's rather useless afterwards. As for any sweeper sets, they are fairly weak without the proper set-up and phazing always hurts. Then there's T-tar, who easily counters most of Mew's sets.
    Gen VI Pokedex, here I come!
    Gen V National Pokédex: 649/649

3DS FC: 3239-3604-9829

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123