Thread: Minecraft FF: The Dark City

Default Minecraft FF: The Dark City

Copied and pasted from MS Word on a Mac..
    Okay, guys, I wrote this little thingie. It's small now, but I'm going to improve it. Let me know if you like it

MINECRAFT FAN-FICTION: THE DARK CITY
    The First in the “Legend of Herobrine” FF Series

I started up a new Mine Craft map, hoping to find a NPC village and add to it to make a full-fleshed city.
    The screen momentarily turned black. I flipped a small switch on the back of my computer, and it went back again, but everything was in reverse.
    I considered it to be just a small bug in the developing game, as there were many. I didn’t think to look up the problem on the forums.
    I talked to my friend on Steam with voice chat on.
    “Do you know about this bug? Everything’s written backwards,” he asked me before I could do the same.
    “I was just going to ask you,” I said. I kind of scratched my head. It was very odd, I don’t know what had happened. Server overflow? Whatever the case, I continued playing.
    When I spawned, there were many puddles of lava around me, and the lava texture was a lot darker than the original.
    “Man, my Mine Craft is really messed up,” I told my friend. He didn’t reply. He was offline now, maybe he had to go. But he would tell me…
    I felt compelled to close my Mine Craft and start again. But I didn’t, I didn’t feel like it, I figured it would fix itself. Which it did, very quickly.
    A NPC village came in the horizon. It was beginning to become night, and I needed a place to hole up and sleep. “Do villagers sleep? I don’t think so,” I asked myself.
    The NPC village was right ahead. I looked back, and the mystical skin of a sheep with no pupils that I had heard of earlier in other myths of the mysterious character “Herobrine” was standing there. It turned its white head to me, and I looked away. It was gone when I looked back a second later.
    The villager turned. Since it was 1.9 pre release 3, they still had “Testificate” over their head. They looked at me with the eyes of the sheep earlier, and ran in their house.
    My friend got online again. “Sorry,” he said into the headset, “My computer froze and shut down. Are you getting what I’m getting? Nothing has pupils.”
    I told him what I had been going through. He sounded interested that I should have the same problem he should be having. We were on the same map. We tried it on multiplayer.
    I told him I’d boot up my server and change the seed. He was reluctant, for he didn’t want to freeze his computer again, and didn’t want to lose all of his buildings, so I told him I could back up the map and this would be only temporary.
    He agreed. I booted it up and went into the server permissions log. The only existing thing was a picture of the mystical “character” Herobrine… I thought someone had hacked, so I just changed the code. It changed what I wrote to, “Stop it”.
    I did as I was told. I told my friend what had happened, and he didn’t believe me. But I could tell just by the way he said it, the voice he used, that he was absolutely terrified of what might happen.

credit: Thunderstrike Graphics Shop for the userbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    My cat walks around at night and I'm fairly sure that she's stalking me.

It was only an hour until I had made myself a small home. The villager's hadn't run away like I'd expected. And against Minecraft Wiki's observance, the villager's doors were open and they didn't run away.
    Only thing is, I didn't feel comfortable going to sleep. I took a brisk midnight walk, laughing at the small mobs down,for this village was on a mountain.
    I only noticed one thing though: The mobs weren't moving. And again, none of them had pupils. Even the black-eyed Skeleton had white eyes, and it was pure white, too. Enderman was just, like, nothing. It was a blue dot that made noises. It was scary.
    I walked over to the "town" well. I looked down to see how deep it was, and all of the sudden, those white eyes on the normal player's skin shot back at my face, making me run out as fast as possible. I ran home and went to sleep.
    I imagined my character having dreams like a deranged cat : Nightmares, prophetic dreams, etc. but it was to no prevail - when i woke up everything was normal. i figured my character was in a happy dream world.
    then it all went night again. it was like i was stuck in night. I freaked out. i ran and started breaking down the Testificate's doors. they reached into chests.. got out bows..
    and had the emotionless eyes such as the sheep before, but only black.
    i figured this was another glitch, although i was starting to get suspicious. I didn't know what to do. i ran back into my home and crouched down under a window. I looked up and the face of "hero brine" was staring at me. he placed a sign behind me as i turned around in panic. it read, "stop it, get out, you don't belong here". I fled away from the town as he told, and then he came behind me with bedrock and trapped me.

---
    EDIT: Story Update v1.1
    POLL:
    [spoiler]What do you think is happening to the man, is he going to go insane?[/spoiler]
    No this is not a true story.
    /smalledit
    ---
    Last edited by Mewkachu; 20th December 2011 at 8:54 PM.

I haven't played Minecraft before, so I don't really know what to make of it right now.

I do like your vocabulary though. Examples are "Prophetic dreams" and "Brisk midnight walk"

I did notice a few uncapitalized "I"s though. And just remember to hit enter once more when you make a new line on word so it carries over to the forums. It's annoying like that, but that's just how it works.

Sounds like it'll be pretty dramatic later on. Not bad, I'd like to see where you're going with this.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Thanks for the support, it helps a lot. I'm new to Fan Fiction writing, so the first ff may not be that good, but I'll improve hopefully by the 3rd
    I know, I don't capitalize my I's when I'm typing as fast as I do (90 words per minute, i think)

Well, I also have never played Mine Craft before, but I can tell you that your writing skills are great.

One little advice though: Try putting an empty line between paragraphs. In that way, your story will be more organized.

Okay, thanks. When I'm typing it up I use Quick Reply, and thus it looks like a paragraph, but it turns out to be awfully small.
    yeah, I am in Creative Writing at school. Just won a gift card for some CW contest we did like a week ago