Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles Discussion

Default Xenoblade Chronicles Discussion

I decided to make this thread since Xenoblade is pretty popular and with the news of the next game in the series "Xenoblade Chronicles X" I thought it would be a wonderful time to make this thread. (Even though I am a little late)

Discuss the newly announced game or the first game. You can also ask for advice/help on certain parts of the game you are stuck on Ex- Boss Fights, can't find a certain thing/place, etc...

Rules-

-Follow all SPPF rules.

-No flaming/character bashing.

-Do not get off topic.

-Try not to argue, it just causes problems.

-Have fun! ^.^
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

how often do Xenoblade threads get made in this forum? every few months-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    how often do Xenoblade threads get made in this forum? every few months-ish?
    Yeah, the same with all the Golden Sun threads.

I am really excited for XC X as it looks very beautiful and some of the creatures look amazing. Seeing as I wanted to, but never did play the original Xenoblade Chronicles, I am making sure I will get this one before it becomes twice as expensive to buy it pre-owned.
    Too much water guys!

I love Xenoblade, I played it over my summer and it became my favourite game of all time.

If only the British voice acting was more stereotypical.

Shulk: Jolly-good Reyn.
    Reyn: It's Reyn time after tea time.

But in all seriousness, I got the game, and I love it. I feel like the game develops over time. It seems that the gameplay develops over time, which keeps the game fresh.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I am stuck at that Spider boss :s Sooo... yeah XD Doing a lot of leveling up.

An unexpected event made me happy... Thanks Mechon with a face.

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I always planned on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X, but now that Shulk's in Smash with a playstyle I'm certain I'll love, I really need to play origin game. Plus, I just like good JRPGs in general.

But I'm having the same problem as everyone else getting it - I'm not spending 100 bucks on a single game. I guess I'll be waiting for the New 3DS comes out.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I always planned on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X, but now that Shulk's in Smash with a playstyle I'm certain I'll love, I really need to play origin game. Plus, I just like good JRPGs in general.

But I'm having the same problem as everyone else getting it - I'm not spending 100 bucks on a single game. I guess I'll be waiting for the New 3DS comes out.
    Actually, at my local Gamestop they had Pre-Owned Xenoblade games for just 45 bucks. And the thing didn't even seem pre-owned, it looked brand-spanking new. It also had the Club Nintendo card still in it and unused.

Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Actually, at my local Gamestop they had Pre-Owned Xenoblade games for just 45 bucks. And the thing didn't even seem pre-owned, it looked brand-spanking new. It also had the Club Nintendo card still in it and unused.
    Unfortunately, I don't even HAVE a local Gamestop. The chances I do get to go to one are few and far-between.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 27th September 2014 at 5:35 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

I bought this game yesterday, actually.

But to be honest, I'm not really the biggest fan of the game's combat system. It's like they took the combat elements of a turn-based RPG and converted it into a movable 3D realm, but forgot to take advantage of all the space a 3D realm provides. It's basically "Hit. Run a bit. hit. Run a bit. Back Slash. Hit. Run a bit," and Turn-based RPGs can get away with that because, well, it's turn-based, what do you expect from a pure numbers game. A game like this though, I'm going to be more critical about.

Having a feature to turn Auto-Battle off even would give this system some more spice.

This is going to get a lot more involved as I go through the game, right?

It'll get more involved later in the game. Believe or not, you will actually come to quite a few points where having Shulk in the Party is actually a liability so you might want to play around with some of the other characters. I don't know where you are so I don't wanna say any names of the people who you get to know unless you don't care about names,

I'm busy ********ting around the areas surrounding Colony 9, leveling Shulk up and getting loot. I wanna get Shulk up to a satisfying level before I advance further so I can cruise through the next few chapters and take in the story. It's something I tend to do a lot.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 28th September 2014 at 6:04 AM.

Don't grind. This game is very anti grinding heavy. You can get exp from discovering landmarks and completing side quests.

But the combat is actually my favourite part of the game. The arts just make it so damn unique and it's so much fun how you can play around with all these characters.

I haven't played this game but I saw the trailer for X & was immediately interested. I'm picking up a refurbished Wii (original) soon & I'm definitely going to get the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I'm busy ********ting around the areas surrounding Colony 9, leveling Shulk up and getting loot. I wanna get Shulk up to a satisfying level before I advance further so I can cruise through the next few chapters and take in the story. It's something I tend to do a lot.
    I wouldn't worry too much about grinding. Like the post below yours said, the game is pretty anti-grinding. You'll get experience from discovering landmarks and side-quests.
    Everything in colony 9 is either super low level, or 40+, so you wont really gain enough to cruise through. If you really want to grind, you gotta explore and do side-quest.

To add to what people have said, if you do all (or even just most) of the sidequests available in the game, the EXP they give will keep you either overleveled or on target with the level you need to be at until     Spoiler:- Lategame spoilers:
    or for a non-spoilers mention, it'll keep you well-leveled until about level 70 or so. You do have to grind a little bit between level 70-99, but even then, it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Believe or not, you will actually come to quite a few points where having Shulk in the Party is actually a liability so you might want to play around with some of the other characters.
    I dunno if I'd say Shulk's ever a liability; sure, there are times when his usefulness wanes, but he'll always bring something to the table. Though I would say he truly needs Glorious Future to reach his potential, and it's primarily defensive potential that he brings to the table, given he'll be able to effectively nullify every enemy art in the game. Honestly, there's only one character who I'd say can ever be a liability, and that's Sharla. While her healing may be top notch, her ability to combo in a chain attack is pretty horrid. That, and her talent art (if you even wanna call it that) is a major handicap.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

True, I've never really used Sharla beside when the game made me but when fighting Telethia enemies, I've found that Melia does a way better job at handling them than Shulk does. Irrc, there also times where you need to fight humans but the Monado doesn't work on them, so I used Dunban

It's been a while since I played though. I want to start a new game but I'mma wait for the N3DS version. And

Yeah, there are exactly three fights where Shulk has a disadvantage:

Spoiler:- Alcamoth and Galahad Fortress spoilers:

Melia does a better job handling Telethia on her own, since her Ether attacks ignore Soul Read, but in terms of dispelling their Soul Read auras so your other teammates can wail on them with physical attacks, Shulk can more quickly get rid of the aura, since it's easier to get a Purge available than it is a Mind Blast. That said, by the time Telethia become more common, Melia is pretty much god tier anyway. Riki too.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Eh, I've always preferred to heavy grind my way in RPGs. Conquering half of the Pit of 100 Trials in TTYD before I fight Hooktail, getting my clerics to promotion level in just a few chapters in an FE game, getting Flynn and his demons up a lot in SMTIV before I fight the Minotaur, etc. Even if advancing through the story gets me EXP, I just like to battle and raise characters that way. It may take me a while, but at least I feel I earned the victory against a tough enemy.

Speaking of tough enemies, how many levels above a Unique Enemy is typically needed to take one out? There's a Level 10 Cellar Bugworm here in Tephira Cave and Fiora, Shulk, and Reyn are level 12. Is that enough?

Speaking of tough enemies, how many levels above a Unique Enemy is typically needed to take one out? There's a Level 10 Cellar Bugworm here in Tephira Cave and Fiora, Shulk, and Reyn are level 12. Is that enough?
    It should be plenty. Early game UMs are actually tougher due to not having all the necessary arts to beat them down, but as long as you can get a chain attack going, and utilize a decent combo (i.e., using the same color arts sequentially in a chain attack to build up the damage), then you'll have no problem. Also fun fact, Talent Arts (the gray arts in the middle of your art bar) can combo with anything in a chain attack, so you can go Red > Gray > Pink and still maintain the combo. It's part of what makes Melia (you get her later) such a beast at chain attacks, because she can combo with basically any character.

Levels are kinda weird. If you're 2-3 below, the battle can be the hardest ever, but once you're 2-3 levels above, it can be a cake walk. Having a 2-3 level lead on a monster really makes a difference

Yeah, there are four things that make unique monsters difficult.

Level - Self explanatory.
    Lack of Arts - Early game some of the UMs can be annoying simple because you don't have the tools needed to absolutely beat the crap out of them. Hence why outleveling them becomes helpful early on. Once you get a lot of your arts though, you can start beating pretty much any monster in the game at ~level 50 or so, including superbosses.
    Spike Auras - If you don't have Spike defense (which is unlikely early on) or aren't prepared to purge the crap out of them, the spike auras can ruin you pretty quickly. Once you're able to make the best Spike Defense gems though, you won't have problems anymore.
    Fortress type Mechon - These things are just awful. They spam insanely powerful attacks, and have huge amounts of HP. Titan Stamp especially is brutal. Not only that but they're immune to Topple. Fortunately Riki's Peekaboo and fighting them on higher ground can give you the advantage against them.

Walking out onto the Bionis' Leg for the first time is one of the best things ever in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Walking out onto the Bionis' Leg for the first time is one of the best things ever in gaming.
    I actually got to Bionis' leg/Gaur Plain at night and started roaming. Inadvertently stumbled into a fight with 6 Tirkins all at a higher level than Shulk and Reyn.

I beat them just as day broke. And then the Day theme kicked in.

That's going to be one of my most memorable moments in gaming.

I actually got to Bionis' leg/Gaur Plain at night and started roaming. Inadvertently stumbled into a fight with 6 Tirkins all at a higher level than Shulk and Reyn.

I beat them just as day broke. And then the Day theme kicked in.

That's going to be one of my most memorable moments in gaming.
    You should be glad that Territorial Rotbart doesn't path in that direction. Wiping due to not noticing him wandering into where you're fighting Ponios is practically a rite of passage in Bionis' Leg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast