Thread: Kirby Series Discussion (Kirby Planet Robobot Announced)

Default Kirby Series Discussion (Kirby Planet Robobot Announced)

here you discuss about kirby games of course

all sppf rules apply

what's your favorite kirby game?

I'd say kirby triple deluxe because it has many copy abilities, exciting bosses, the arena and the true arena and dededetour
    it sucks you can't play as meta knight and bandana dee though

what's your favorite copy ability?

of course hammer because it's the most powerful ability and there are many cool moves you can perform with it

what do you like about the kirby series?

the copy abilities and the gameplay, super mario is really hard because you can only take a maximum of 3 hits before he dies depending on if you have a power-up or not and then you have those bottomless pits and lava
    but kirby can take more hits, float and can use copy abilities, discovering new copy abilities and trying them out on enemies is really fun

which kirby games do you have?
    I have kirby's return to dream land, kirby triple deluxe and kirby and the rainbow curse
    I also had 3D classics: kirby's adeventure on my old 3ds but it died so I lost the game and my progress

what's your favorite kirby game music?

I'd say marx's theme, masked dedede's theme and big boss theme

discuss away and have fun

also, in last week's nintendo direct a new kirby game has been announced called kirby: planet robobot, what are your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    You monster.
    5 more players needed for roll to dodge

Alright, might as well join in.

What's your favourite Kirby game?

Thats a tricky one... I'd say Super Star Ultra. I like the amount and variety of content in it. Other Kirby games are fun, but this one simply has more to do.

What's your favourite Copy Ability?

Probably Leaf. I like how it combines the invincibility of Stone with versatile attacks, and the hat looks pretty nice as well. Plus, Grass/Nature type stuff is always cool in my book.

What do you like about the Kirby series?

It's a fun, cutesy platformer that is very consistent in quality - all mainline Kirby games are pretty good. Plus, the games have an emphasis on fun and tough boss fights as opposed to traversing levels, which I quite like.

Which Kirby games do you have?

In order: Power Paintbrush, Mouse Attack, Super Star Ultra, Adventure Wii, Epic Yarn, Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse.

What's your favourite Kirby game music?

CROWNED, no contest. Though Attack! from Triple Deluxe is pretty good too.

What are your thoughts on Planet Robobot?

Like I said, all mainline Kirby games are pretty good in quality, so I'll be getting it. I see the background mechanic of Triple Deluxe is returning as well. As for the mecha gimmick... I'm a little disappointed that each main game since Adventure Wii has added a new 'gimmick' ability (Super Abilities/Hypernova) rather than coming up with fully new ideas for each one - I liked the Super Abilities as an idea as well and wish they'd perfected them a bit more. That being said, the mecha being able to copy abilities at least makes it a bit of improvement over the very one-note Hypernova. I just hope a bit more originality is shown both in terms of future Planet Robobot information and for new Kirby games in future.

Plus, why isn't the Waddle Dee amiibo wearing a bandana? :/

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Some pre-release material showed that Mirror is apparently making a comeback in Planet Robobot, albeit with a redesigned hat and wand to differentiate it from Beam better. I'm curious to see how they changed the ability to make it less barebones when you don't have any projectiles to reflect.

The "stylish hat" the ESP ability was previously mentioned as having was also shown to simply be a backwards baseball cap. Sounds awfully familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Some pre-release material showed that Mirror is apparently making a comeback in Planet Robobot, albeit with a redesigned hat and wand to differentiate it from Beam better. I'm curious to see how they changed the ability to make it less barebones when you don't have any projectiles to reflect.

The "stylish hat" the ESP ability was previously mentioned as having was also shown to simply be a backwards baseball cap. Sounds awfully familiar...
    Thank god mirror's back, we haven't seen it since Super Star Ultra. Was one of my favorites. Loved how you could split yourself in half essentially.

Oh boy, Yo-Yo is back too? Things just get better and better! /s

In a similar promo, there's a Wheel Robobot copy ability. Turns Kirby into an F1 racer. We better be getting a racetrack as a level.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

What other Nintendo character dons a baseball cap and has psychic powers?

That's what I'm thinking the inspiration for the ESP ability was, because that sort of hat doesn't really scream "psychic" otherwise.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 3rd April 2016 at 3:16 PM.

ness ness ness ness ness

did anyone see the video with clanky woods yet, what are your thoughts on this

and what about the kirby with the purple cloud and skull hat

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    You monster.
    5 more players needed for roll to dodge

What's your favourite Kirby game?

I'd say it's a tie between 64 and RtDL. 64 because of combo abilities and 2.5D level design, RtDL because of the Super Abilities, the amount and variety of content, and the storyline.

What's your favourite Copy Ability?

UFO. Infinite flight and powerful laser abilities are hard to beat. If we're counting combo abilities in 64, Refrigerator is also a good one because it's hilarious and gives you infinite health.

What do you like about the Kirby series?

I like the copy ability system because it adds a lot of variety to the gameplay, for one. The series is also surprisingly dark and action packed considering the cutesy exterior.

Which Kirby games do you have?

Kirby's Adventure (Wii VC, Dream Collection, and 3D Classics), Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Kirby's Dream Collection), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Kirby's Dream Collection), Kirby 64 (original N64 release and Kirby's Dream Collection), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (3DS Ambassador), Kirby Canvas Curse, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

What's your favourite Kirby game music?

I like a lot of video game music, but here's some of my favorites from the Kirby series:

Boss Theme (Kirby 64)
    Desert Theme (2-1 and 4-3 in Kirby 64)
    Beach Theme (3-1 and 3-3 in Kirby 64)
    Dark Star (Kirby 64)
    Boss Theme (Squeak Squad)
    Outer Rings (Epic Yarn)
    Super Ability Theme (RtDL)
    Basil Bridge (5-2 in RtDL)
    Tea Techno (6-1 in RtDL)
    Another Dimension (RtDL)

What are your thoughts on Planet Robobot?

I'm genuinely excited for this one, the Robobot Armor is a neat gimmick that enhances Kirby's copy ability system. Seeing as I haven't played Triple Deluxe yet, experiencing the foreground/background level design for the first time should be interesting as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Really pumped for the new game. Kirby is always really fun even if it veers into stupidly easy territory.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    and what about the kirby with the purple cloud and skull hat
    I believe that's Poison Kirby.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

I love how this game looks! Mirror was always my favorite Kirby ability and I'm surprised how long it took Kirby to don a robot suit given how many robotic bosses and enemies he has already fought before this game. I mean there's Heavy Mole, Heavy Lobster, that Hermit Crab from Squeak Squad, and Mecha Kracko to name a few. There are about ten different robot and mechanical bosses in the whole series.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Been into the Kirby series for like 15 years now. First game I played was Kirby's Adventure. But my favorite has to be Super Star Ultra or Squeak Squad, the latter featuring mice (which I am a big fan of, try to guess what my favorite Pokemon is).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I really do admire a series that isnt scared of completely mixing up the formular on a dime if they think it's fun.

Being able to customize your mech is so goddamn cool.

So uh, everyone should head to their bunkers.

The ROM's been leaked early and there are spoilers abound.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Well, it does come out in Japan in a few days. Any word on who the bosses are?

As much as I tell myself to avoid spoilers, I almost always find myself running to them and then regretting it instead of having some integrity.

Spoiler:- Super huge boss spoiler:

All I would really want to know at this point is what amiibo give Kirby which amiibo powers (i.e. Mario-Fire).

Made by me

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    As much as I tell myself to avoid spoilers, I almost always find myself running to them and then regretting it instead of having some integrity.

Spoiler:- Super huge boss spoiler:
    Let me guess, Zero?

Spoiler:- Final Boss super spoiler:
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 27th April 2016 at 5:33 PM.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Well, I'm satisfied.

Which amiibo give Kirby which copy abilities.

Third party amiibo (and Wolf Link) are completely random.

Made by me

Now I wish I had a Fox or Falco amiibo.