Page 1 of 224 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Default Fire Emblem Series!

I love these games. The conservative-styled tactical RPG of classic medieval warfare: Fire Emblem. Discuss! I have only two of the games, though; Sacred Stones, and Sword of Seals, which I bought in Japan. I haven't beaten either, but they're a blast - so I thought I'd make a thread.

Favorite weapons, characters, music, etc?
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

This series needs more Shin Monshou no Nazo localisation.

Were they really surprised that Shadow Dragon sold so horribly? I didn't see a single advert for it in the UK and I only found a single copy in one shop which was the only one any of them had in stock. ON LAUNCH DAY.

That, and Shadow Dragon sucks.

Piece of advice: Get Fire Emblem and Path of Radiance and possibly Radiant Dawn. Fire Emblem and PoR are my favourites in the series by far.

Oh, and Soren for SSB4.

I just got my first Fire Emblem game ever yesterday, Shadow Dragon for the DS. This is really weird that a thread was made for it today; I was considering making a thread for it once I beat it or got far into it.
    Steak have a pillory!

I have claimed Frog's Theme from the Chrono Trigger OST. Beware my introductory fanfare!

The only Fire Emblem games I have are a used copy of The Sacred Stones and I have Shadow Dragon too. I was addicted to FE when I first started playing it, but not so much anymore.

So, are we ever gonna get the 2nd DS game or what?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    The only Fire Emblem games I have are a used copy of The Sacred Stones and I have Shadow Dragon too. I was addicted to FE when I first started playing it, but not so much anymore.

So, are we ever gonna get the 2nd DS game or what?
    They'll announce it two weeks before the release. Just like they did in Japan.

I ended up selling Shadow Dragon last year. I just didn't like it and the artistic style was just terrible looking. I think the first Fire Emblem game I played was the first one released outside of Japan, the one with Lynn, Eliwood, etc. , but it was a friends copy and I never ended up getting my own copy. These days I have my own money and I still never bought it, maybe someday I will?

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

I think you're talking about the 7th one, the first to be released in the states. It's the one I want most, mostly for it's music. XD

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

I just have Shadow Dragon. It was fun for a while.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

imo the GBA ones where the best.

Yeah, agreed, Shadow Dragon was pretty meh. I think it's because that all Intelligent System did was copy/paste the dull, old story from the old Japanese version and did pretty much nothing to improve it, outside of graphics of course. Just something the common people don't really like. Still, if you can Wi-Fi without a hacker, the competition online can actually be pretty fun and cool, despite it being "Berserker, Berserker, Sage, Horseman, Horseman/scouter such as Dragon Lord or Paladin" being the most dominant/best team. (I tried Swordmasters and they sucked.) It's also saddening that the latest Fire Emblem game - the contingency of Shadow Dragon - isn't even making it to US stores, but oh well.

That aside, the other Fire Emblems were pretty fun - I've yet to try Radiant Dawn though (been meaning to but :/ ).
    Team Building Guide For Beginners!

Trade Thread - has free flawless dittos! (both english and japanese)

FC: 2365-5113-5595 (White)

I'm borrowing FE 7 from my friend. It's the only one I've played and I like it, especially the music. I refuse to finish a chapter unless I recruit every unit I can. I also refuse to finish a chapter if anyone dies. It's a fun series, and I plan to get one of the newer ones. I'm thinking twice about Shadow Dragon now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Fire Emblem is great, Sacred Stones is probably my favorite. It was my first, plus Joshua is a monster swordmaster. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn was unforgivingly difficult. Fire Emblem on DS was awesome too and so was the one with Roy. I tried the second fire emblem on NES but the translation was really bad and I got stuck in a battle with like 10 zombie dragons.
    I will not be on Serebii for a while....

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

I've only played the handheld Fire Emblem games, and I can't really say I enjoyed them. 6 was difficult for all of the wrong reasons (reinforcements moving on the same turn, terrible stat growths in general, Roy promotes at the very end of the game, etc), I always get bored of 7 around halfway through, 8 is just mediocre, and 11 is amazingly dull.

From what I've read though, 10 lets you turn any character you want into an immortal god of war. Sounds kind of fun.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Sulfron: I know, Joshua is obscene. Speaking of Sacred Stones, I've seen people upgrade Ross fairly early into the game, without upgrading anyone else. How so?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Sulfron: I know, Joshua is obscene. Speaking of Sacred Stones, I've seen people upgrade Ross fairly early into the game, without upgrading anyone else. How so?
    Joshua's amazing, but I prefer Guy, purely due to looks.

By promoting Ross, do you mean from Journeyman to Pirate/Fighter? He levels up crazy fast unpromoted, as do the other Trainee units IMO. My favorite is Ewan. His support conversations with Ross are amusing.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'm kinda hoping for a 3DS Fire Emblem.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for a 3DS Fire Emblem.
    A new one, or remake?
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

the Trainee classes where the best imo, they took a little more time and effort (Due to low DEF) but investing in them is well worth the reward.

iirc, Ameilia is the best General/Great Knight/Paladin in the game. and Ewan is an awsome Druid (Though I prefer summoner, since knoll sucks, but ewan's pallet is to bright for a summoner).

Saying the FE8 Trainee classes are good is kind of like saying water is wet. Damn near everyone in FE8 was spectacular.

With that said though, only Ross and Amelia somewhat live up to the hype. Ewan is honestly worse than Lute most of the time, and while Ross and Amelia are good, they require quite a bit of babying for a job that Gerik and *insert Great Knight* can do much better. Unless you want a Berserker that is. Then Ross all the way.

But Berserkers are so freaking expensive and completely unnecessary since the game is just that easy. Why would you want them?

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Ewan as a Summoner/Druid just isn't right to me. He seems too cheery for that. I use him as a Sage, but Nino and Lugh are my favorite Sages. So, how about Marcu-*shot*

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So, how about Marcu-*shot*
    Which game, FE6 or FE7?

Err, both, he's not good either way. He was better in 7 as a meatshield, though.

Actually, Marcus is fairly essential for FE6 Hard/Hector Hard. Seriously, there is pretty much no way you can get through the early levels without him, and FE7 Marcus is good enough to match the other Cavaliers up till past the first trip to Dread Isle.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    Actually, Marcus is fairly essential for FE6 Hard/Hector Hard. Seriously, there is pretty much no way you can get through the early levels without him, and FE7 Marcus is good enough to match the other Cavaliers up till past the first trip to Dread Isle.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I know how useful he is early on, until another cavalier beats him stat-wise. My current run on Hector's Tale(Normal), I dropped a Paladin completely and let Farina and Oswin take over.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    A new one, or remake?
    Doesn't matter to me. Even a Virtual Console game would be nice.
    Last.fm

Page 1 of 224 123451151101 ... LastLast