Page 33 of 177 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I could see the 250 pack is just the console & pad, 300 is console, pad, game (Probably Nintendo Land? Mario seems a bit much), wii remote+ nunchuck, and the 350 would be all that andd the pro version of the controller I guess (maybe also a larger SD card for storage?)?

Cheapo pack for those coming off Wii, slightly more expensive version for those coming in fresh, $350 for those that want all the things
    That does seem quite possible. I had forgotten about the Wii controllers. I'm actually more interested in how much a separate GamePad will cost.

I'm willing to bet Nintendo Land is a game that'll be on the system already, really. $250 is likely Console + Pad, $300 would be Console + Pad plus Wii Remote/Nunchuck, and $350 would be Console + Pad + Wiimote/Nunchuck + NSMBU?

Reggie did word his introduction of NSMBU at E3 as if it might be a pack-in game, and NSMBW already is one.

Already have 4 Wii-motes. If that's the case, I'm going with the rumoured system + pad...wait, that's the cheapest one...DAMN YOU, SANTA CLAUSE!

Nothing said anything about the Wii U providing classic controller through Wii-mote support for games (the new Super Smash Bros. and Wii titles such as the Last Story and Xenoblade in particular) but here's hoping.

Aside from that, just watched the Completionist's old video about how applications for tablets and the like are destroying the gaming community. That said, do you think the Wii U's a step in the right direction?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I'm willing to bet Nintendo Land is a game that'll be on the system already, really. $250 is likely Console + Pad, $300 would be Console + Pad plus Wii Remote/Nunchuck, and $350 would be Console + Pad + Wiimote/Nunchuck + NSMBU?

Reggie did word his introduction of NSMBU at E3 as if it might be a pack-in game, and NSMBW already is one.
    Everything they've said about Nintendo Land implies it's a retail game. At the very least, I doubt it will be built-in to the system since that's taking up more space than just a save file and it seems bad form to put something on there.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Aside from that, just watched the Completionist's old video about how applications for tablets and the like are destroying the gaming community.
    The next time any of these YouTube pontificators have anything worthwhile to say will in fact be the first time. This time is not that time either.

Is it necessary to refer to their rantings in every thread in which you post? Honestly curious.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    That said, do you think the Wii U's a step in the right direction?
    The right direction from what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The right direction from what?
    Do you think it's a smart move to incorporate the pad?

Capcom said that The Wii U is a "Current-Gen Console" than a new Gen Console
    I hope they're wrong (Especially Capcom are idiots these days)
    I'm saying it's Half-Current Gen and Half-New Gen
    I'm sure Nintendo will pull up a secret weapon in case of PS4 and Xbox 720 having better graphics than Wii U's like updating it's hardware unlike what's Wii's hardware unupdatable.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Hardware can't be "updated". The Wii was no more "unupdatable" [sic] than any other hardware.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Capcom said that The Wii U is a "Current-Gen Console".
    Capcom is a terrible company.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Capcom is a terrible company.
    This surprises no one.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Everything they've said about Nintendo Land implies it's a retail game. At the very least, I doubt it will be built-in to the system since that's taking up more space than just a save file and it seems bad form to put something on there.
    The fact that Nintendo Land is obviously meant as an advertising tool basically guarantees it'll be a pack in game at the least. It's not only the Wii Sports analogue, but it's basically Smash Bros: Minigame edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The fact that Nintendo Land is obviously meant as an advertising tool basically guarantees it'll be a pack in game at the least. It's not only the Wii Sports analogue, but it's basically Smash Bros: Minigame edition.
    This made me giggle. Aside from that, yeah, Nintendo Land has so far only given us games that demonstrate the system's basic capabilities, nothing more, nothing less.

Right now I am trying to figure out what other game I want to get at release for the Wii U. The main one that I am going to get is Assassin's Creed III.

My choices for the second game are:
    - Darksiders II
    - Batman Arkham City - Armored Edition
    - Skylanders: Giants
    - Super Mario Bros. U

Which do you think would be a good choice?

I plan to buy AC 3 had launch with Wii U. Honestly I'm pretty pumped for Lego City on it too. I heard two guys from my local Gamestop talking about how there getting Wii U this coming week. Not sure if they meant one for a demo like they do or for sale. My guess is if its a demo then again maybe they want to have them so they can do stocking up for November.

I have no proof for now, but it seems Nintendo will be hosting a Nintendo Direct with Reggie next Thursday at 10 AM ET. It'll be a Wii U-centered conference, probably like the one that's going to be shown at that program.

Most likely going to be the exact same things they reveal this Thursday, but just in screenshot-able form.

Only for Europeans: Your Nintendo Direct will be held Thursday at 3 p.m. UK time.

Likewise, everybody knows about the New York Event, which is the same day. There hasn't been a ND video for the U.S., yet.

I'm assuming we'll need actual...CABLE to watch this.

December 8th for Japan

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...pan-december-8

I'm for sure getting the Premium.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I will buy the cheap one since i don't need more controllers or stuff since I have no friends. XD I do love how NSMBU is turning into SMW2 XD. S oready for the broad cast for two things. 1.Wii U 2.Reggie

There are a bunch of things that badly serve as a turnoff when it comes to the Wii U for me. While this article points out a bunch already, there are plenty more besides that.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-w...lost-its-mind/
    WARNING: There's adult language in there.

Some other things that turn me off are Nintendo's continued use of Miis. I really didn't like them for the Wii as they look outdated, primitive, and badly behind what XBox Live uses for avatars. I could understand if they were used during the age of the N64, since 3D rendering for video games was really only just beginning and these honestly look like they come from that era. But by now, they really should have been able to produce something much better. I was even further disappointed when I saw them make a return for the 3DS, which at the moment, still feels like it wasn't worth it. But now they're back for a third run for the Wii U with absolutely no visual improvement? Nothing says "not a next generation console" better than that.

Meanwhile, the fact the Wii U is releasing titles that have already been released on other systems for quite some time now just continues to stress that Nintendo is lagging behind. To be honest, this does not at all look like a next generation console. In fact, the name implies it's not even a whole new system, but more of an expansion to what already exists.

Meanwhile, according to this article:
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/0...g-wii-u-japan/

Wii U will end up costing everyone about $250-$300, and it won't be including a game either. Ask yourself if laying that much extra money down is really worth what you'll be getting in return, and ask yourself if it was really necessary for Nintendo to have to do it on this when they could have done it on the standard Wii instead.

It's a shame, I've purchased pretty much every Nintendo console from the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and the Wii, but I really think this is the end of the road.

The wii u gamepad is quite pricey too, according to this.

OH, and the different types of bundles have also been announced.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    It's a shame, I've purchased pretty much every Nintendo console from the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and the Wii, but I really think this is the end of the road.
    'kay. Bye.

-----
    Words to|live by

Bayonetta 2 exclusive to WiiU... I can haz system now?

Page 33 of 177 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast