Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

In short about the Wii U:

Standard Set (White)
    $299

Deluxe Set (Black)
    $349 + more memory space + Nintendo Land + a special system that rewards people with games bought later on

Launch date will be November 18. Right now, only NSMBU and Nintendo Land are the launch titles. 48 more are expected to be released between the launch date and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    There are a bunch of things that badly serve as a turnoff when it comes to the Wii U for me. While this article points out a bunch already, there are plenty more besides that.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-w...lost-its-mind/
    WARNING: There's adult language in there.
    No thanks.

I am not like you who is easily swayed by what one unimportant person says on the internet.

Some other things that turn me off are Nintendo's continued use of Miis. I really didn't like them for the Wii as they look outdated, primitive, and badly behind what XBox Live uses for avatars. I could understand if they were used during the age of the N64, since 3D rendering for video games was really only just beginning and these honestly look like they come from that era. But by now, they really should have been able to produce something much better. I was even further disappointed when I saw them make a return for the 3DS, which at the moment, still feels like it wasn't worth it. But now they're back for a third run for the Wii U with absolutely no visual improvement? Nothing says "not a next generation console" better than that.
    OK few things;

-Nintendo was first with the Mii before Microsoft tried to copy them.
    -The Mii are not the major selling point of the Wii U.
    -Who cares about the Mii when not many games will use them.

Meanwhile, the fact the Wii U is releasing titles that have already been released on other systems for quite some time now just continues to stress that Nintendo is lagging behind.
    The Wii U is releasing nothing, it's the game publisher that will be releasing games. You also seem to forget and that the Wii U is brand new so it make sense to port games over and make new game later in the system life cycle.

Also this time it's Nintendo who is leading the next generation hardly lagging behind.

To be honest, this does not at all look like a next generation console. In fact, the name implies it's not even a whole new system, but more of an expansion to what already exists.
    No it doesn't.

It it quite clear that the Wii U is a new Nintendo system rather than an add on.

Meanwhile, according to this article:
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/0...g-wii-u-japan/

Wii U will end up costing everyone about $250-$300, and it won't be including a game either. Ask yourself if laying that much extra money down is really worth what you'll be getting in return,
    That article is referring to the Japanese price tag which has be converted, you are not getting the Wii U at the Japanese price. So you point is null and void.

and ask yourself if it was really necessary for Nintendo to have to do it on this when they could have done it on the standard Wii instead.
    You clearly don't understand the Wii U.

The Wii U isn't a Wii with a game pad, it's a HD system with more technical power under the hood. It outclass the Wii by miles.

It's a shame, I've purchased pretty much every Nintendo console from the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and the Wii, but I really think this is the end of the road.
    As BCVM22 rightly said.

Bye, bye. We won't miss you since we will be having a awesome time with our Wii U.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Pre-ordered and dully paid for the Deluxe unit. Can't freakin wait.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    No it doesn't.

It it quite clear that the Wii U is a new Nintendo system rather than an add on.
    The console itself makes this clear, but its name fails at doing so.

That article is referring to the Japanese price tag which has be converted, you are not getting the Wii U at the Japanese price. So you point is null and void.
    Indeed; it costs more, does it not?

Bye, bye. We won't miss you since we will be having a awesome time with our Wii U.
    Yep.

I'll probably buy the Premium version, too.

I don't care if the system has crappy graphics, I don't care if no one will support it, I don't care if buying it blows up the planet, only one thing, and ONE THING ALONE MATTERS:
    Bayonetta 2, Nintendo published no less.
    EVEN BETTER, just saw the news on Cross Play MonHun. I don't know how to express my feelings in words, its unpossible.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 13th September 2012 at 7:19 PM.
    BLAH

I think I'll wait for now. Apart from NSMBU and Lego City:Undercover, I'm not particularly interested in any of the games at the moment and neither of these two are worth spending all that money, imo. Besides, I'm saving up for a laptop and maybe a piano too. I'm still excited for the console itself, so until next year then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I'll be getting the Deluxe SKU along with NSMU,Pikmin 3, and Zombie U!

I can't wait! Nintendo definitely gained my support today.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

None of the games announced thus far are good enough to make me buy a Wii U yet (I'm still waiting for at least one of the big IPs besides Mario to announce something good), but when I do, I'll definitely be getting the Deluxe bundle. 8 G is a pathetic amount of memory space, I probably won't be able to get by with that much. Even 32 G is still kind of low, my Xbox's hard drive can easily hold 4 times that amount (and newer Xbox models can hold over twice as much as my Xbox can), but 8 G is just plain horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Totaly excited about todays news! I was just going to get a wiiu Down the line after a price drop or a decent backlog was avalible, but after the monster hunter anouncement ill be picking one up in march along with the 3ds version of ultimate.

I'm reeeeeally hoping Bayonetta 2 comes to the other consoles down the line. The first one is one of my all time favourite games and I'd love to play the sequel.

I'm not going to buy a Wii U for it though. It's the first game for that console that I'm interested in but it's not reason enough for me to buy it.

There are a bunch of things that badly serve as a turnoff when it comes to the Wii U for me. While this article points out a bunch already, there are plenty more besides that.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-w...lost-its-mind/
    WARNING: There's adult language in there.
    There is only one legitmate reason why Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will ever fail. And even then I question the legitmacy of that reason.

"People are too damned spoiled."

This doesn't even cover just video games, this covers the entire entertainment industry, from television shows, to movies to everything else.

People are just way too spoiled for their own tastes. They always expect the biggest, best, new thing, that blows their expectations out of the water, who end up miserably disappointed when it doesn't,

No. There is nothing wrong with the Wii U, it is not a bad marketing decision. Anyone confused about it, anyone who dislikes it, is ignoring what the Wii U has to offer because it doesn't live up to their expectations. I really do not know what anyone including the people that caused Nintendo's shares to fall ten points were expecting, but it's quite clear to me that people are TOO spoiled and have too rampant, non realistic expectations.

If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Wii U, hell I'd probably buy all the titles just to really play the Wii U. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to do that. So it'll have to wait where I can afford the Wii U, I can afford maybe one Wii U game, and like the 3DS all the games I'm interested in playing, will disappear from the store, by being outdated, and I'll never get to fully enjoy the console, because I won't be able to play every game I want to play.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    'kay. Bye.
    Sigged .

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    In short about the Wii U:

Standard Set (White)
    $299

Deluxe Set (Black)
    $349 + more memory space + Nintendo Land + a special system that rewards people with games bought later on

Launch date will be November 18. Right now, only NSMBU and Nintendo Land are the launch titles. 48 more are expected to be released between the launch date and March 2013.
    That said, I think I'll go with the Deluxe set (ha, take that Santa).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I'm reeeeeally hoping Bayonetta 2 comes to the other consoles down the line. The first one is one of my all time favourite games and I'd love to play the sequel.

I'm not going to buy a Wii U for it though. It's the first game for that console that I'm interested in but it's not reason enough for me to buy it.
    Then your not getting it since Nintendo's publishing it...

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I think you should go ahead and preemptively start Operation Rainfall 2: Electric Boogaloo right now, just in case.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I think you should go ahead and preemptively start Operation Rainfall 2: Electric Boogaloo right now, just in case.
    I'll automatically back up anything by the name of Electric Boogaloo... Does this make me a terrible person?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Then your not getting it since Nintendo's publishing it...
    I was not aware of that. Well crap.

My god you people are disappointing!

The Game Discs have 25gb of memory in them
    Your gripes about memory in the system are kinda ridiculous just get an SD card
    The games are going to be awesome

You probably shouldnt sell your Wii because your going to need the cables since the Wii U doesnt come with the RCA cables, for those of you who have Standard definition TV's otherwise you can play You can also put your virtual console games from your Wii onto your Wii U as well and it has backwards comparability obviously.
    With the Monster Hunter bundle and all the features between the 3DS version of Tri and the Wii U version( its the port of the recently updated version which I think is tri) and the DQX Beta bundle its going to sell like wildfire

Assasins Creed is awesome
    Nija Gaiden Razor Edge has Aya you can play as now
    Monolith soft is developing a new RPG for the Wii U ( its a brand new series )
    P-100 got renamed to the Wonderful 101 and there are a whole slew of games coming out so that will be fun. Waiting for the next Colosseum type pokemon game along with metroid . So hush people
    Last edited by arceus7; 13th September 2012 at 9:36 PM.

Monster Hunter for Wii U. I'm sold!

Even better that the Wii U should be releasing around my birthday, the 18th.

If MH3U is the same on both Wii U and 3DS, I don't know which I'll get. Also, this is 3G right, with a different name?
    Last edited by Tyranitarquake; 13th September 2012 at 9:57 PM.
    I claim Larvitar!

Yes. You can save between the different versions as well so you can play on the road on your 3DS save and continue on your Wii U. Wii U version has online mulitplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Yes. You can save between the different versions as well so you can play on the road on your 3DS save and continue on your Wii U. Wii U version has online mulitplayer.
    I'm gonna buy the 3ds version first and do all the solo quests and then get the wii u version for online on the multiplayer quests.
    I claim Larvitar!

This is only the pre-cursor to the giant fanboy console war shitstorm that will inevitably come next year. Yes, I'm excited.

No thanks.

I am not like you who is easily swayed by what one unimportant person says on the internet.
    Well, here's the thing. Years ago, I probably would have been just like you defending Nintendo and their choices. Don't get me wrong, I used to really like some of their franchises until I felt they kind of just wore down too much.

John Cheese points out a few good points in that article. In essence, it becomes a matter of finding out what Nintendo is trying to add value to when it comes to the Wii U. I take a look at the screen controller, and I don't think having to select items from a menu or "door hack" in that one example really justify the added expense.

Another good question to ask here is, does moving from the Wii to the Wii U really seem justified to spend another few hundred dollars (I understand the price is a bit speculative in this case)? It's a matter of trying to understand the buyer's needs and expectations. Frankly, I was hoping for a better online capability from the Wii. Nintendo badly underdelivered with that. Meanwhile, XBox Live and the PS Network blew them out of the water with that. With that kind of disappointment and with the things John Cheese pointed out in that article, does it really make sense to invest that much more money in the Wii U after these kinds of letdowns? Don't mind me, but that just doesn't seem justified.

Another question to ask here is what about Microsoft's next console or Sony's next console? I'd have to say, both of them seemed like a better value of satisfaction and utility versus what Nintendo offered. And before you ask, yes, I own all three consoles.

OK few things;

-Nintendo was first with the Mii before Microsoft tried to copy them.
    -The Mii are not the major selling point of the Wii U.
    -Who cares about the Mii when not many games will use them.
    The Miis reflect the Wii U's capabilities and image, even if the Wii U is capable of much more. To me, it's like showing up for a job interview wearing only a t-shirt and jeans. We should be well past the stage of blocky and primitive polygons being used to resemble personal avatars, and more based on realistic rendering. Thus, this tarnishes the Wii U's image and does seem to imply the Wii U isn't strong enough to handle high-polygon and high texture three dimension characters, even though it can. Thus, ask yourself the question, why underachieve? Personally, do you like the Miis the way they are, or could you agree that Nintendo really could make an effort to make them reflect the power of the console and be more graphically appealing? Most of the people I've asked don't like them and that's one extra point of dissatisfaction tacked onto the Wii that the Wii U is bringing back.

The Wii U is releasing nothing, it's the game publisher that will be releasing games. You also seem to forget and that the Wii U is brand new so it make sense to port games over and make new game later in the system life cycle.

Also this time it's Nintendo who is leading the next generation hardly lagging behind.
    Fine, but here's the issue. What will the price be? Why would I rather spend $50 on the new Arkham City game for the Wii U when I can get it for $30 on a different platform? Again, I can't say too much considering the game for the Wii U isn't out yet, but consider the fact that if you're now selling an already released (and possibly more expensive) product to a market where most potential customers have already made the purchase on a different system. That's inefficient, second-hand marketing and selling.

And while being a first mover does have its advantages, it does have disadvantages as well. There's nothing stopping Microsoft and Sony from looking at how the Wii U performs, and then making modifications to their next two consoles to outperform the Wii U and overpower it in all the areas where the Wii U is weak. And business can and will do that.

No it doesn't.

Well, ask yourself, where and how will the Wii U achieve where the standard Wii could not? Where are the advantages in your opinion, and is it worth the cost? And would it justify spending the money now because the value will be better than what Sony and Microsoft will provide?

For me, I just think the answer to most of those questions is no.

Again, it's an estimated price, but judging from post console-launch prices and Wired's estimate, it's close. Not "null and void" like you describe.

You clearly don't understand the Wii U.

The Wii U isn't a Wii with a game pad, it's a HD system with more technical power under the hood. It outclass the Wii by miles.
    I do understanding business and marketing. I also remember how the Sega Dreamcast failed prior to Sega focusing entirely on software rather than hardware. Again, evaluate the Wii U's major selling points. What do they bring to the table, how will they enhance the customer experience, and will they satisfy customer expectations? Will they justify the purchase of a Wii U?

I won't deny, Nintendo has a lot of brand identity and plenty of customer loyalty, obviously demonstrated by people like yourself. For me, that started fading when I felt disappointed with the Wii and especially with the 3DS. There was a "gap" where it felt the money spent on both of them didn't justify the little satisfaction I got from the games that were offered on both. Not like how I felt about the XBox 360, which for the most part, did make the games feel worth the value. And XBox Live did feel like it was much more of a capable online platform than anything offered by the Wii, which to me, is important. I like to play games against other real people, and not always the computer all the time. When it comes to the Wii U, so far, I don't like what I see.

As BCVM22 rightly said.

BCVM22 didn't justify his standpoint regarding the situation, and instead of trying to sell his point across, he simply dismissed it. In essence, if he's trying to prove and justify his position, he's not being very effective at it, thus you getting inspired from his hasty dismissal isn't exactly an effective selling point. And case in point, it does seem like neither of you care that there are people like me that are losing faith in Nintendo's brand, which does turn into lost profits ($460.9M to be exact). Sure, in time we'll tell exactly how much of a loss this really turns out, but it is still something to consider. Judging from the situation, I feel the situation isn't improving with the Wii U.

In any case, maybe I'll be wrong and the Wii U will bring you the satisfaction you expect. I guess that works anyway, but to me, considering the pattern and how I currently feel about the Wii and what the Wii U is expecting to deliver, I just don't feel the cost and the purchase is justified, nor do I expect the same kind of value to be derived when compared to what Sony or Microsoft will be offering.

The Miis reflect the Wii U's capabilities and image, even if the Wii U is capable of much more. To me, it's like showing up for a job interview wearing only a t-shirt and jeans. We should be well past the stage of blocky and primitive polygons being used to resemble personal avatars, and more based on realistic rendering. Thus, this tarnishes the Wii U's image and does seem to imply the Wii U isn't strong enough to handle high-polygon and high texture three dimension characters, even though it can. Thus, ask yourself the question, why underachieve? Personally, do you like the Miis the way they are, or could you agree that Nintendo really could make an effort to make them reflect the power of the console and be more graphically appealing? Most of the people I've asked don't like them and that's one extra point of dissatisfaction tacked onto the Wii that the Wii U is bringing back.
    I don't think it really matters that much (or at least to me). Games are what matter most, not graphics. Especially if those graphics come at the cost of affordability. And that's the problem with a lot of the titles you see on Microsoft and Sony consoles nowadays, this emphasis on graphics over gameplay which is creating a superficial experience that some gamers (myself included) don't like. This is the reason Nintendo is still in business, they're the only one of the three that has great console exclusives and their consoles are at affordable prices. I doubt they'll be going anywhere anytime soon as long as that remains true. Unfortunately for them, their launch lineup is somewhat weak ATM, which is why I'm concerned about the lack of announcements for most of their big IPs like Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast