Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #851
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    .... If you claim there line up is weak then you have no concept of what sells.

  2. #852
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Least we now have a reason why there's only 32 GB in the Deluxe version:

    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13...drive-into-it/

    Three terabytes though, hot damn that's a lot of space.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    So Bayonetta 2 an exclusive for the Wii U? I sincerely doubt it.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  4. #854
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    <--That way-->
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    So Bayonetta 2 an exclusive for the Wii U? I sincerely doubt it.
    And I repeat Nintendo's publishing it so it's Wii U exclusive... Sega's simply the advisor and Platinum's working on the game.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Least we now have a reason why there's only 32 GB in the Deluxe version:

    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13...drive-into-it/

    Three terabytes though, hot damn that's a lot of space.
    Well thats nice.

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    And I repeat Nintendo's publishing it so it's Wii U exclusive... Sega's simply the advisor and Platinum's working on the game.
    There's no way it will stay an exclusive. Once the 720 and PS4 come out, there will be such a high demand for Bayonetta 2.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  7. #857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    So Bayonetta 2 an exclusive for the Wii U? I sincerely doubt it.
    Remember the news about Sega almost hitting rock bottom and having to discontinue a lot of its IPs? Well, it also extended to their publishing department. They literally need someone else to publish their games.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  8. #858
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Remember the news about Sega almost hitting rock bottom and having to discontinue a lot of its IPs? Well, it also extended to their publishing department. They literally need someone else to publish their games.
    Still doesn't mean it will be an exclusive. Platinum games can easily add a couple more levels to the game, rerelease the game with a subtitle and have someone else publish it.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  9. #859
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    There's no way it will stay an exclusive. Once the 720 and PS4 come out, there will be such a high demand for Bayonetta 2.
    You do realize that with Nintendo is publishing it, so they have rights to the game, right?

  10. #860
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You do realize that with Nintendo is publishing it, so they have rights to the game, right?
    They don't own the IP, they just have publishing rights.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  11. #861
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    ... Lets say they have 4-5 years on the publishing rights, till those expire the other markets cant access those games. Now why would they port a 5 year old game to these consoles?

  12. #862
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ... Lets say they have 4-5 years on the publishing rights, till those expire the other markets cant access those games. Now why would they port a 5 year old game to these consoles?
    I was trying to say is that Platinum Games can "remake" Bayonetta 2 and release the game on different platforms.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  13. #863
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Sure but they could have wrote a contract so they could be sued for breach of it perhaps?

  14. #864
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,615

    Default

    so you went from they'll port it to they'll "remake it" however many years down the line?

  15. #865
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    The Wii U lineup doesn't really look all that interesting to me personally.

    Hopefully this doesn't live up to their sales expectation so they cut the price after Christmas.

  16. #866
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wii U lineup doesn't really look all that interesting to me personally.

    Hopefully this doesn't live up to their sales expectation so they cut the price after Christmas.
    ... You just want a JRPG XD

  17. #867
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Wii U lineup doesn't really look all that interesting to me personally.

    Hopefully this doesn't live up to their sales expectation so they cut the price after Christmas.
    nothing looks interesting to you?

    Out of curiosity, what would? There's a fairly large amount of variety

  18. #868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    BCVM22 didn't justify his standpoint regarding the situation, and instead of trying to sell his point across, he simply dismissed it.
    What exactly do I need to justify? You said "I'm leaving" and I, being bereft of any responsibility for getting you to "stay" and in danger of losing nothing if I can't convince you to do so, said "okay". You're exercising your right as a consumer to elect not to buy something. Good for you. Rights like that are what separate us from the Russians. Damn commies.

    With that said, what I'll never understand is why people feel the need to announce that. I don't mean to single you out, as you certainly aren't the only one who does it, but you are here and I am discussing the matter with you, so. If we - we being the users in this thread who intend to buy a Wii U (or 3DS, or whatever future hardware comes out, because this does and will happen every time, no matter the hardware or the maker) are in fact completely without any need to convince you to "stay", i.e. change your decision, why announce to us in the first place that you in fact intend outright not to buy one. Or at least why do so and then phrase it as you did. "I've bought every Nintendo console to date, but I don't think I'll be getting this one." Okay. Sorry to hear that, but... uh... did you want us to do something about that for you?

    And then as a quick aside, you claim the system title of "Wii U" wrongly implies it's simply an upgrade to the Wii... after you've told us how you purchased the Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, the Nintendo 64...



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #869
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Man, I'm still shocked and loving the fact that not only do we get it for cheaper than Japan, we also get it earlier. I wonder what the cause for the delay in Japan is. That said, I fully intend to get the Deluxe set, seeing as the price is very appropriate, the inclusion of Nintendo Land is amazing, and the stands are something that I wouldn't really want to miss out. Really looking forward to it, and hoping to find a nice steal on Black Friday to get an even better deal.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  20. #870
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    ^ Why not get it on a tax free day ?

  21. #871
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    nothing looks interesting to you?

    Out of curiosity, what would? There's a fairly large amount of variety
    I can see how the games look good, but as of recent I am not much into Mario games or shovelware. I'm not even excited for SSB4 because Brawl was such a disappointment after playing Melee. Bayonetta 2 does interest me but not enough to even consider buying the system when it launches. It doesn't seem to have that big title that's worth buying with the system. Of course, it's still too early to say that's it.

    I'm expecting launch similar to 3DS.

  22. #872
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Man, I'm still shocked and loving the fact that not only do we get it for cheaper than Japan, we also get it earlier. I wonder what the cause for the delay in Japan is.
    These are both pretty normal, actually.

  23. #873
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Illinois doesn't offer those... Plus, I'd probably end up saving more money with a deal on Black Friday as opposed to the $21.00 that I would save on sales tax. Still, way too excited!

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm expecting launch similar to 3DS.
    That's a really bold accusation, especially considering that it doesn't seem to have the problems that plagued the 3DS at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    These are both pretty normal, actually.
    Could you tell me why, then? I still see it as kind of crazy.
    Last edited by Icay4321; 14th September 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  24. #874
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    He says that because he has limited perspective. He see's ports and shovel ware, develops see wheelbarrows of cash.

  25. #875
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    ...I just realized, was there any confirmation on the backwards compatibility with GC games? I vaguely remember the answer being no, but I don't fully remember.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •