Page 37 of 177 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Not to mention Pikmin 3 down the line.
    Pikmin 3 doesn't sell millions of systems

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, that's not going to be worth it for me. I just checked my Xbox and I'm only using about 30 GB of memory. But I'll probably be filling up my Wii U's memory a lot more than that, maybe about 60-120 GB. I probably wouldn't use anywhere near 1 TB of memory either.

Probably. There's not point in making GC controllers compatible if that's the case since you could just use a Classic controller or Pro controller.
    Or just the Wii U Gamepad for some games. Wasn't the Wii Mote used for some VC games on Wii? (Foggy memory tbh so not sure)

I wish they talked about Nintendo Network more. Oh well guess we will see for ourself in a little more then 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Or just the Wii U Gamepad for some games. Wasn't the Wii Mote used for some VC games on Wii? (Foggy memory tbh so not sure)
    Wii virtual console games aren't playable on the gamepad.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

That should be corrected to "using the gamepad" as it does not state the claim that Virtual Console games can't take advantage of offscreen gameplay.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

That should be corrected to "using the gamepad" as it does not state the claim that Virtual Console games can't take advantage of offscreen gameplay.
    Stating that there will be no use of the Wii U GamePad while playing a Virtual Console title seems about as straightforward and all-encompassing as you can get, does it not?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I am really disappointed that some so call "fans" left vile comments towards Nintendo and Platinum to the point where one person threaten to kill Hideki Kamiya or commit suicide.

They really need to grow up and learn that without Nintendo there would be no Bayonetta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    I was trying to say is that Platinum Games can "remake" Bayonetta 2 and release the game on different platforms.
    Not possible.

Sega owns the Bayonetta IP and they aren't in the financial position to publish the game, hence why Nintendo is footing the bill.

Bayonetta 2 will be a Wii U exclusive and unless Sega can find someone else to publish the game or release it digitally on PSN and Xbox Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm not saying it will for sure. But ports and a huge loss in GCN games is not going make me thing otherwise.
    Ports I can understand but I really doubt that the Wii U not being backwards compatible with the Game Cube is going to make it lose sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13...ed-with-wii-u/
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13...ut-for-months/

Michael Pachter is impressed with Wii U.
    Glorious day, oh glorious day!
    I find Michael Pachter to be bit of an idiot who has no idea what he is talking about and seem to believe that Nintendo has no idea what they are doing.

He also claim that Nintendo will reduce the price of the Wii U some time next year.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

..Is it bad that I've never heard of Bayonetta?
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I vaguely remember it, and I've only recently learned more (but not much) about it last month.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

That's a matter of opinion. The key points you should know are that the original was fairly well-regarded and that a sequel exclusive to the Wii U, while not a coup by any means, is a solid block on which the system's future third-party slate can be built.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Stating that there will be no use of the Wii U GamePad while playing a Virtual Console title seems about as straightforward and all-encompassing as you can get, does it not?
    Yeah, and that's true, but the article immediately talks about using other controllers, which leads me to believe that it means controlling the game. As far as off-screen play is concerned, I meant, taking the game off of the TV, and placing it on the GamePad, so the GamePad works as a display as opposed to the TV. So, that's the way I was thinking of it. In an example, a player could play the game using the screen provided by the GamePad to play a WiiWare game. Yeah, I suppose this comes down from a failure to specify the use of the GamePad, and I meant only using the screen, and I suppose one could use the speakers, too.
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.

Considering how poorly the game sold due to lack of advertising on Sega part, no it isn't bad that you haven't heard of Bayonetta.

However you can fix it by buying a copy, it goes for a really cheap price, and play it.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I was under no misconceptions as to what you meant. The article seemed to make it very clear - the GamePad is not involved with Wii Virtual Console titles in any way. What we should take away from this is that at least for now, much as the Wii essentially became a GameCube when playing a GameCube game, anything coming from the Wii side of things - whether it's a WiiWare title, a Wii Virtual Console game, or a Wii title itself - will not be controllable using a GamePad, much in the same way that a Wii Classic Controller could not be used to control a GameCube game.

-----
    Words to|live by

See, I read it entirely differently. Seeing as it mentioned the controllers specifically, I made the connection to controller, so I think it meant that using the Wii U GamePad is not going to work as a controller while you're playing that on the TV. When you couple that with (now, here, I don't know if this was a rumor or a confirmation) being able to play Wii games on the GamePad, I thought that this article was strictly about controlling the game. Looking at the hyperlinked article to NintendoNewsReport, I see that I seem to have misread it, though I really hope that is not the case.

Not really. It's an excellent game, but it's pretty forgettable. The important part of this announcement is that Nintendo actually took the initiative to get it as an exclusive. It shows that they actually care.

though I really hope that is not the case.
    Why is this surprising, though? Again, the Wii's backwards compatibility with GameCube titles worked the same way.

-----
    Words to|live by

The only thing I can think of is since the Wii U can't play Gamecube games, I would highly doubt it could do Gamecube memory card transference like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn, or in North America, Tales of Symphonia to Dawn of the New World.

I'm just saying that there is a reason I am also keeping my Wii.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

lol is someone actually talking about a price drop before the WiiU is even out?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Not really. It's an excellent game, but it's pretty forgettable.
    I found it to be very memorable because it was an excellent game.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Why is this surprising, though? Again, the Wii's backwards compatibility with GameCube titles worked the same way.
    I never expressed a sense of surprise. Unless you make a jump from hoping something will be to being shocked to hear it's not. I also realize that the Wii's backward compatibility with GameCube titles did not allow for use of the Wii remote. This is something different though, it's not applying a different mechanic to a game that is not prepared for it, this is the idea that the Wii U could project the image that it is sending to your television screen to your Wii U GamePad. You see where this is a slightly different situation, no? It all comes down to how the Wii U deals with Wii games. If Nintendo decides to allow the system to send the picture to the GamePad screen, then there isn't really any reason why you can't use this screen. Unless there's some programming issue involved, then I see no reason why that couldn't be a thing. I won't be surprised if it isn't because they did say (though, I think it is an implication, or that there is an implication to the reverse) that Wii games are not compatible with the GamePad controller. So, I'm not surprised that it isn't a thing. I hope that the people at Nintendo have figured out a way to change that. Especially for games that play with the Wii Mote sideways, this could work really well for single-player experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    lol is someone actually talking about a price drop before the WiiU is even out?

I found it to be very memorable because it was an excellent game.
    Im pretty sure thats not what you found memorable...

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    He also claim that Nintendo will reduce the price of the Wii U some time next year.
    That's not that crazy a prediction, but I will say March is a bit early for a price drop. Maybe after E3 depending on how things go.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Im pretty sure thats not what you found memorable...
    No way man, Bayonetta ranks high up with my all time favourites like I said before. It's by far the best action game I've played. The combat system was extremely well crafted, deep with all of the available weapons and combinations, and satisfying. The difficulty was intense but never felt too punishing. It was very stylish but I always felt like I had control in what I was doing since the timing was so precise. Witch Time also built on how stylish it was while adding another layer to combat. Even with the slight lack of variation to the enemies I still enjoyed the pacing. The progression was made very apparent since you fight boss enemies later on as if they were nothing. Plus the whole thing was so over the top and exciting, it really was "non-stop climax action" as it claimed. The designs and concept felt very fresh and original to me. Finally, I think it had a lot of replayability for those who enjoyed it like I did.

I just freaking love Bayonetta.

I did enjoy the sex appeal too. But if you were implying I only liked it for it's sex appeal then you're wrong.

Reseved the $350 bundle today along with Batman: Arkham City armoured edition, Rayman Legends, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Pikmin 3. Now to wait, luckily I have school to pass the time...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well, all GameStop's Wii U Deluxe set preorders in my area have sold out. Is there somewhere else I can preorder it?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well, all GameStop's Wii U Deluxe set preorders in my area have sold out. Is there somewhere else I can preorder it?
    Most online retailers, I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Most online retailers, I imagine
    Except Amazon, due to their ongoing feud.

Page 37 of 177 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast