Page 38 of 174 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Most online retailers, I imagine
    Recommend me one.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Recommend me one.
    From the most blatantly obvious place in the world to check, Nintendo's website:

Best Buy
    Walmart
    Target
    K-Mart
    Sears
    Toys "R" Us

That's excluding Amazon and Gamestop. I pre-ordered mine from K-Mart, where they had the Deluxe listed at $299.99 (at the time), and if they honor their pre-order prices as they say they do, I'll have successfully stuck it to the Man. I am currently taking bets as to whether this pans out in my favor or not.

I haven't posted my reaction to the Wii-U yet. Basically nothing bad to say.

I thought the price would be lower, but it's still relatively affordable. The release date was hinted at previously too, and it's good timing. The library is awesome so far. I know it attracts haters because of milkage/previously released games/"timed" exclusives, but there's a game for everybody. If not, you're picky. Bayonetta 2 is a wicked exclusive. The Nintendo TVii thing can be useful as well.

What's up with Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    What's up with Amazon?
    Seemingly there's a small tiff with them and Ninty. Joystiq sent e-mails to both but is yet to receive a response.

3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

What's up with Amazon?
    The rumors I've heard say that, specifically, it's either because Nintendo refused to give them 3DS wholesale prices equivalent to what Walmart was getting and they got mad about that, or the screen-scratching issue generated a lot of returns to Amazon and Nintendo wouldn't really help them out with that, either. Or maybe it was a combination of both. Or maybe I've heard a bunch of misinformation and it's something else altogether, but either way, Amazon isn't selling Nintendo hardware at present (according to an e-mail I got from them, I should "check back in the future, as [Wii U] availability may change," but I doubt it will).

It looks like GameStop's preorders for the deluxe set have sold out nationally... And the standard set is slowly hitting that bottom, too.

It's the Wii's first days all over again.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    It looks like GameStop's preorders for the deluxe set have sold out nationally... And the standard set is slowly hitting that bottom, too.
    Really? I was able to preorder my system fine (then again, I'm Canadian but EB Games and Gamestop are the same branch) the only problem was that I was only able to preorder the deluxe version (which is what I wanted).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    This is something different though, it's not applying a different mechanic to a game that is not prepared for it, this is the idea that the Wii U could project the image that it is sending to your television screen to your Wii U GamePad.
    It's not different, though. If the Wii U basically downgrades itself and becomes a Wii when playing Wii content - just as the Wii did when playing GameCube content - then it would not be at all surprising that anything specific to the Wii U hardware, like the GamePad, would become inaccessible to the system. And all of that would appear to be the case, based on the information we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    If Nintendo decides to allow the system to send the picture to the GamePad screen, then there isn't really any reason why you can't use this screen.
    We just discussed the biggest reason why that doesn't appear to be the case.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's not different, though. If the Wii U basically downgrades itself and becomes a Wii when playing Wii content - just as the Wii did when playing GameCube content - then it would not be at all surprising that anything specific to the Wii U hardware, like the GamePad, would become inaccessible to the system. And all of that would appear to be the case, based on the information we have now.
    If I had to guess, Wii Virtual console games will eventually be updated to take "full advantage" of the Wii U hardware. And by that, I mean we'll be able to play them on the gamepad.

God knows when Nintendo will get around to this, though it's clearly not on their immediate to-do list, considering they've barely mentioned the Virtual Console at all.
    Last edited by Clamps; 15th September 2012 at 12:16 PM.

Best Buy has now sold out both sets, too.

Also, the Nintendo website has all the options to preorder, but all of them are "coming soon".
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 15th September 2012 at 9:32 PM.

If I had to guess, Wii Virtual console games will eventually be updated to take "full advantage" of the Wii U hardware. And by that, I mean we'll be able to play them on the gamepad.
    If it's something that can even be changed by updating. If it's something that's 100% related to the hardware and what it does with itself when playing Wii material, that may not at all be the case.

-----
    Words to|live by

Wow, BB and GS are out of the 32 GB model, good thing I decided to wait on it as I need to find some source of income in the near future.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Now Target has all deluxe sets sold out, too.

Smart people buy the games before the system comes out. Just buy up all the games that might go out of stock then wait for the others to get a price reduction then buy the system. Though regarding cases like the new Wii's that cant play game cube games are sorta sucky so strike while the iron is hot

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Smart people buy the games before the system comes out.
    I've never bought a game before the system comes out.

Guess I'm dumb.

I can't think of anything quite as smart as buying software for hardware you won't own for months, if not years.

-----
    Words to|live by

So if I don't have the money the first two days but then I get enough the next three weeks just to find out the preorders have sold out makes me dumb? Your logic is greatly flawed.

No smart people wait for a price drop to a reasonable point where they can afford the system. They do not buy games for a system that don't even own.

Just buy up all the games that might go out of stock
    In this day and age, no game will ever "go out of stock."

then wait for the others to get a price reduction.
    Smartest thing you said, here have a cookie.

then buy the system.
    Give me the cookie back.

Though regarding cases like the new Wii's that cant play game cube games are sorta sucky
    Not really, Game Cube aren't hard to find or Wii that plays Game Cube games.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I've never bought a game before the system comes out.

Guess I'm dumb.
    I did once, but that was only because I had a coupon for it, of course I didn't get the system until the next year. Worse decision I have ever made, since I ended up not liking the game.

I blame myself for allowing myself to be brainwashed by the coupon. ¬_¬;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Your abilities to shop effectively are so atrociously uncultured it makes me weep for the economy.

No wonder so many people are homeless you all dont know how to stretch your dollar...

... Really well can someone tell me what happened to all those copies of Devil Survivor ? Please dont s*** with me games go out of stalk all the time

... You bought a game that you didnt end up liking? Sigh am I the only person who only buys games when Im sure I would buy them again?

Fickle as hell you appear to be
    Last edited by arceus7; 15th September 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Your abilities to shop effectively are so atrociously uncultured it makes me weep for the economy.
    Or it could just be that as well-intentioned as your concept is, the idea - which, again, is summarized as BUYING GAMES FOR A SYSTEM YOU DON'T HAVE - defies most logic and common sense.

Furthermore, the point was made: in this day and age, the vast majority of games by major developers don't go out of print while the system for which they were developed is still on the market. There are exceptions to this, but I'm not even sure the game you're citing counts as one. Near as I can tell, the game you're citing is a 3DS port of a now-three-year-old DS title, based on a very niche Japanese property, the sort of game that wouldn't be given the biggest continuing production run under any circumstances. So no, games don't go "out of stalk" [sic] "all the time". On rarest occasions, maybe.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If it's something that can even be changed by updating. If it's something that's 100% related to the hardware and what it does with itself when playing Wii material, that may not at all be the case.
    I assume all they'd have to do is program a software emulator to run on Wii U hardware rather than Wii hardware, and accept Wii U gamepad button inputs in addition to Classic Controller/Wii Remote button inputs. They've since reconfirmed Gamecube games, so it's obvious that they're at least working on the software emulation side of things somewhat.

We could throw around "what if" and "I assume" and "but wait" all day. I get the sense Nintendo really isn't that worried about it, given their continued use and production of Wii controllers and given the number of people who still have them at this point in time. But with that said, the simple fact of the matter right now is that the GamePad plays no role in playing Wii content right now. Nintendo could address this in a software update a month from now. People could still be griping about it six years from now.

-----
    Words to|live by

I shop mostly on-line, chose free shipping, shop around for the cheapest price and wait for the game price to drop.

It's your abilities to shop effectively that are atrocious.

No wonder so many people are homeless you all dont know how to stretch your dollar...
    Wow just wow.

there are many reasons why people are homeless, not knowing how to stretch their money isn't one of them.

... Really well can someone tell me what happened to all those copies of Devil Survivor ? Please dont s*** with me games go out of stalk all the time
    A quick ebay search says other wise.

... You bought a game that you didnt end up liking?
    Well I did have a coupon which took half the price off and I thought the game would be good .

I didn't do my research on the game before buying it, that was my fault and I have learnt from it.

Fickle as hell you appear to be
    How so?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 38 of 174 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast