Page 39 of 175 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Or it could just be that as well-intentioned as your concept is, the idea - which, again, is summarized as BUYING GAMES FOR A SYSTEM YOU DON'T HAVE - defies most logic and common sense.

Furthermore, the point was made: in this day and age, the vast majority of games by major developers don't go out of print while the system for which they were developed is still on the market. There are exceptions to this, but I'm not even sure the game you're citing counts as one. Near as I can tell, the game you're citing is a 3DS port of a now-three-year-old DS title, based on a very niche Japanese property, the sort of game that wouldn't be given the biggest continuing production run under any circumstances. So no, games don't go "out of stalk" [sic] "all the time". On rarest occasions, maybe.
    You do realize everything I am saying is completely embroiled in facetiousness right?
    Well Im half serious but still. Anyhow they're are benefits to buying some of the games first then waiting to buy the console. Simply put its called living within your means, after all their is no point in owning a system if you have nothing to play on it

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Smart people buy the games before the system comes out.
    Yeah, I bought the Xbox 360 early. It only broke in 2 months.

Are pre-orders limited in stock or is the Wii-U selling really well already?

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Are pre-orders limited in stock or is the Wii-U selling really well already?
    Both, from the looks of things.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

We could throw around "what if" and "I assume" and "but wait" all day. I get the sense Nintendo really isn't that worried about it, given their continued use and production of Wii controllers and given the number of people who still have them at this point in time. But with that said, the simple fact of the matter right now is that the GamePad plays no role in playing Wii content right now. Nintendo could address this in a software update a month from now. People could still be griping about it six years from now.
    Right, BCVM22, but if we don't, then what will we argue about? Important topics? I don't believe such conversations could happen on Serebii Forums, though I've not been here near long enough nor seen enough to know whether or not that is true.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Wal-Mart is now sold out of preorders for the Deluxe set.

Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Are we going to post an update every time a retail store sells out?

Well after the presentation I must admit to remaining underwhelmed by the Wii U, as it really does seem more like an effort to catch up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 than to overtake them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Yes, clearly.

It would certainly be handy for those who are yet to pre-order. It's doing no harm anyway.

I have placed my order for the premium bundle, along with New Super Mario Bros. U. Now, here's hoping EB can fix the problem their website made by defaulting my order to be picked upo from a store in a different state, rather than my local.

A-yup. It's worth knowing how the console is going to sell to predict its future. Also, to alert the few people here about where to go to preorder.

One thing I am wondering is with the Wii U coming out in only a few months, is there going to be a major price drop in the older Wii games? Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea for Nintendo to make. Because they rarely lower the price of there core franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    One thing I am wondering is with the Wii U coming out in only a few months, is there going to be a major price drop in the older Wii games? Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea for Nintendo to make. Because they rarely lower the price of there core franchises.
    You answered your own question.

I was just wondering if other people thought that it might happen once the new system is out.

Why would it though?

is there going to be a major price drop in the older Wii games? Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea for Nintendo to make.
    Not really. They've likely determined that the cross-section of consumers who fall into all three of the following categories--

• Haven't bought the major Wii titles yet
    • Still actually intend to do so...
    • ...but won't because of the price

--is so miniscule as to not warrant any specific action.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I personally can't wait for the Wii u I am gonna save up to get one and I hope its as cool as everyone thinks it will be

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I was just wondering if other people thought that it might happen once the new system is out.
    Also, Nintendo plan on still producing the Wii after the Wii U gets released, so i doubt they will put prices down if the hardware is still being produced.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

They are? According to what?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th September 2012 at 1:48 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

They are? According to what?
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/14...ii-u-launches/
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Should've known. It's the usual chestnut with old hardware.

-----
    Words to|live by

So will the official nintendo site do pre-orders?

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    So will the official nintendo site do pre-orders?
    Nintendo doesn't sell consoles through their site, so no.
    All it will do is point you to other retailers to pre-order from.

I don't see why. I mean, everyone has a Wii. Isn't that why the sales started going down?

I don't see why. I mean, everyone has a Wii. Isn't that why the sales started going down?
    Not exactly...

...new people who want to buy a new system look at the games being released for the system in general. If it's a steady and consistent stream of good games, that's the way to go.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 39 of 175 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast