Page 40 of 176 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Not only that, but it took a real nosedive once the Wii U was announced. No reason to buy a new console when a backwards compatible sequel console is coming out.

I still remain convinced that the Wii U is merely a 7.5 generation console - only thing that's really 'new' in my opinion is the game pad, everything else is merely catching up to the 360 and PS3.

That's not to say it mightn't be a good console, it's just that I don't think it's a 8th generation console.

Where does the Wii U stand in terms of specs compared to the 360/PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Where does the Wii U stand in terms of specs compared to the 360/PS3?
    It exceeds them massively. It has 4x the RAM, and supposedly a faster GPU and CPU. It's just overall a far better console, spec-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    it's just that I don't think it's a 8th generation console.
    Then you would be wrong since the Wii U is a 8th generation console.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Not exactly...

...new people who want to buy a new system look at the games being released for the system in general. If it's a steady and consistent stream of good games, that's the way to go.
    And then there are people like me who got bored waiting for the one or two worthwhile Wii games every year and went out and bought a Xbox 360/PS3 after.

My Wii was a paperweight until Xenoblade came out. Otherwise it's only been used for Gamecube games bar SSBB and LoZ:SS. I know there are the good Mario games and few others but I don't feel like I got the most out of it this gen. Seems like the DS/360 were better investments in the long run.

I hope all major Wii U titles have a controller only option when playing the game. I don't wanna draw or swing my arm around. If I wanted to exercise while playing, I'd go outside and play tag.
    Last edited by Jb; 19th September 2012 at 8:24 PM.

In no reality is moving one's arm solely to the extent required for motion control considered "exercise". Please.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    In no reality is moving one's arm solely to the extent required for motion control considered "exercise". Please.
    I disagree though I don't know what specifically you are referring to.

I have Rayman: Raving Rabbids, and my arms got incredibly sore (they hurt badly, I couldn't sleep properly because they were so sore) just playing that one music mini game, where you have to shake your arms when they reach a particular point, similar to a pre-school equivalent of Guitar Hero.

Maybe it's not technical excercise, but is still using muscles, although again I guess it depends on the game your playing.

If it's something like Zelda then clearly it's not excerise when you barely swing the remote. But can the same thing be said when you're playing a mini game party collection where you have to move almost your whole body?

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I still remain convinced that the Wii U is merely a 7.5 generation console - only thing that's really 'new' in my opinion is the game pad, everything else is merely catching up to the 360 and PS3.

That's not to say it mightn't be a good console, it's just that I don't think it's a 8th generation console.
    Considering Nintendo has always been like this, I can't see how the Wii U isn't an 8th generation console. The Wii U is more powerful than the current generation consoles, but Nintendo has usually always had the weakest generation console of all of them, assuming of course the Playstation 2 and Xbox were more powerful than the Gamecube, and The Xbox 360 and PS3 clearly being more powerful than the Wii.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Iirc the GCN was more powerful than the PS2. Some people think Nintendo is just making gimmick consoles, and they're right. But they're working.
    Last edited by Jb; 20th September 2012 at 2:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I disagree though I don't know what specifically you are referring to.

I have Rayman: Raving Rabbids, and my arms got incredibly sore (they hurt badly, I couldn't sleep properly because they were so sore) just playing that one music mini game, where you have to shake your arms when they reach a particular point, similar to a pre-school equivalent of Guitar Hero.

Maybe it's not technical excercise, but is still using muscles, although again I guess it depends on the game your playing.
    You're not supposed to flail your arms. The remote is sensitive enough that often a simple flicking motion is fine (though this will vary based on game)
    This shouldn't be that taxing

Yep, the Gamecube was slightly stronger than the PS2, but not as strong as the Xbox. The Gamecube was the only system in which Nintendo competed for specs, but the Gamecube didn't sell to well. This is why Nintendo more focus on the innovative designs rather then specs.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Maybe its just me but I found the Wii had more games then the PS3 and 360 that seemed fun for me. However this is just me. I do like PS3 though. Still trying to figure out why people thought Nintendo Land would even have Wifi...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Maybe its just me but I found the Wii had more games then the PS3 and 360 that seemed fun for me.
    No, it was the fact that Nintendo has a whole lot more exclusive first-party games that the other two consoles have.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No, it was the fact that Nintendo has a whole lot more exclusive first-party games that the other two consoles have.
    Not only that but the majority of them are great. This is probably why I'm a fanboy...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Yep, the Gamecube was slightly stronger than the PS2, but not as strong as the Xbox. The Gamecube was the only system in which Nintendo competed for specs, but the Gamecube didn't sell to well. This is why Nintendo more focus on the innovative designs rather then specs.
    Uh, what? Until the Wii, the Nintendo consoles have always been more powerful overall than the competition at launch, with the only exception being against the Sega Master System, which was released after the NES.

I'm not really worried about the Wii U specs, just as long as I enjoy the gameplay. Besides, the Wii U has a great launch line up and it will be great in specs compared to the PS3/360 and cheaper than the PS4/720 and I doubt the specs of the next Sony and Microsoft consoles will be a big difference compared to the Wii U. The Wii U ram is 4x bigger than the PS3/360. The PS4/720 probably wouldn't even be up to 2x the ram the Wii U has, and the CPU and GPU probably wouldn't even be a lot more advanced than the Wii U.

I'm considering getting the Premium Wii U by trading my 120 GB PS3 that came for free (with my TV) and 4 PS3 games as well as my Wii. Should I get it?

I would keep the Wii^ if you have a Standard definition TV your going to need the cords

I can't trade in my Wii for it because then I lose my massive library of GC titles.

^ Metroid and Re 4 mahst?

Nah, I mean good games. Like ToS, LoZ:WW, Desert Storm1/2, Super Mario Sunshine, SSBM, Bomberman Generation, I-Ninja, and Viewtiful Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ^ Metroid and Re 4 mahst?
    Ugh...no, I know, it's A LOT bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Nah, I mean good games. Like ToS, LoZ:WW, Desert Storm1/2, Super Mario Sunshine, SSBM, Bomberman Generation, I-Ninja, and Viewtiful Joe.
    Told you so...

As for me, though I do miss some of my old GameCube titles (Super Mario Sunshine, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, etc.), I didn't mind selling them. That said, I'm sure a few will pop up on Virtual Console so if I feel like it, I'll pick them up.

I think I already said it but the pad could work as a makeshift controller for games that required the Game Boy Advance - Game Cube link cable. That said, I would love to see Four Swords Adventures, the original Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and Pac-Man VS. pop up on virtual console and make use of the controller. The only problem is the limitation of two being the maximum. Then again, you never know, they might change this or even let you use your 3DS as the controller for these games.

This is why I kept my GC, I can play my old GC games on it, plus it has Gameboy Game Player, which helps since my old DS lite is my sister's property now, and the little girl won't budge a single bit.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Ugh...no, I know, it's A LOT bigger than that.

Told you so...

As for me, though I do miss some of my old GameCube titles (Super Mario Sunshine, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, etc.), I didn't mind selling them. That said, I'm sure a few will pop up on Virtual Console so if I feel like it, I'll pick them up.

I think I already said it but the pad could work as a makeshift controller for games that required the Game Boy Advance - Game Cube link cable. That said, I would love to see Four Swords Adventures, the original Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and Pac-Man VS. pop up on virtual console and make use of the controller. The only problem is the limitation of two being the maximum. Then again, you never know, they might change this or even let you use your 3DS as the controller for these games.
    Guess you dont get it...

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Guess you dont get it...
    I do get it...

Page 40 of 176 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast