Page 43 of 177 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Enough with the argument of digital purchases! It will benefit Nintendo in the long run and won't cost them that much either. In the end, it's up to you. Are you careful and good at taking care of your games? If not, buy a digital download copy! That said, I played the heck out of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I had to buy a new copy and with that in mind, I'll probably buy both of the next entries in the series via digital download. In the end, pick your poison, your game's safety or cash back if you trade it in at your local game store. In the end, the game companies win either way.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

You could always buy two copies of the game, one digital and one retail.

Then bam! problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post

CODE BLUE! It's your wallet!

My what now?

Your brain obviously, its just a discount there arent any rewards .

Is there really a point of buying both though?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Your brain obviously, its just a discount there arent any rewards .
    Oh come on, Clamps was obviously joking and I decided to play along.

A glass half empty is a glass half empty Para

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Oh come on, Clamps was obviously joking and I decided to play along.
    Yeah, I was joking, right. Let's go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    A glass half empty is a glass half empty Para
    No, it means you grabbed a glass twice as big as you needed.

Oh...? Bullocks ! The nine stages of denial infect another victim.
    So how much data do they use on PS3 Game Discs

I think 60GB. Many games use upwards of 30GB, I believe, but that's usually because they are uncompressed at all, compressed they could take up less than half of that.

Hmm. Wii U Discs have 25 gigs...

I think 60GB. Many games use upwards of 30GB, I believe, but that's usually because they are uncompressed at all, compressed they could take up less than half of that.
    I thought it was based on 25GB. Single-layer games use that limit, while dual-layer games use 50GB.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Bluray discs (What the PS3 uses) hold 25GB of data, dual layer Bluray discs hold 50GB of Data. Games do not use anywhere near 25GB, you're looking at about half that 25GB at a maximum.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 22nd September 2012 at 4:01 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hence the word "Think"

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You're still not being punished though, you're not having anything removed, you're just not receiving something. You're just interpreting this as punishment, you're a glass half empty sort of person, aren't you?
    I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, so yeah, I am, at least right now.

So, a game can use up to 25 GB? And the deluxe version has 32 GB. That seems problematic if I buy digital. At least to me.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, so yeah, I am, at least right now.
    That has nothing to do with the flawed argument you're pushing.

So, a game can use up to 25 GB? And the deluxe version has 32 GB.
    Except that we just established that no game does/will actually use that entire capacity, most of them capping at half that.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

That'd still be only 3 games on your "deluxe" sized hard drive.

Good thing you can expand that significantly with a minimum of additional expenditure if you intend to go all digital.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Console games typically use about 3-4 GB, the only thing that approches the 12.5GB halfway point are PC games. And of course there are some PC games that surpass that as well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That has nothing to do with the flawed argument you're pushing.
    That has to do with the glass half-empty feeling I'm giving off.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Except that we just established that no game does/will actually use that entire capacity, most of them capping at half that.
    So we can say that is about 25 GB for a dual layered disc, like Brawl. And what about for a game that has multiple disc? Digital doesn't seem all that economical, then add in that extra hard drive space, or a new hard drive, which while fairly cheap for a lot of room, we don't know what will be compatible yet. If I go out and buy a non-Nintendo external HDD will it work with my Wii U, or will I have to buy the over priced Nintendo version?

EDIT: Didn't see Hydrohs's post. So, assuming I go all digital I'm looking at most 8 games before I need a new HDD. If non-Nintendo ones work with it, great, I can go out and buy a 320 GB one for under around $70 plus tax. If they don't though, I'm probably stuck buying a 32 GB Nintendo licensed one for around $40-50. Not worth it IMO.

Or have we gotten information that states non-Nintendo HDDs will work with the Wii U?

woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 23rd September 2012 at 1:22 AM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

That has to do with the glass half-empty feeling I'm giving off.

So we can say that is about 25 GB for a dual layered disc, like Brawl. And what about for a game that has multiple disc? Digital doesn't seem all that economical, then add in that extra hard drive space, or a new hard drive, which while fairly cheap for a lot of room, we don't know what will be compatible yet. If I go out and buy a non-Nintendo external HDD will it work with my Wii U, or will I have to buy the over priced Nintendo version?

EDIT: Didn't see Hydrohs's post. So, assuming I go all digital I'm looking at most 8 games before I need a new HDD. If non-Nintendo ones work with it, great, I can go out and buy a 320 GB one for under around $70 plus tax. If they don't though, I'm probably stuck buying a 32 GB Nintendo licensed one for around $40-50. Not worth it IMO.

Or have we gotten information that states non-Nintendo HDDs will work with the Wii U?

woot21 out dawgs
    Brawl is a dual layer DVD, which is 8.5GB, and it doesn't use near all of that. Just so you know.

Also, I think they said USB hard drives would work, and considering no Nintendo branded ones have been mentioned it's safe to say you can use anything. They're much cheaper than that too, for 70 bucks you can get 500GB easily.

I'm having the discounts and bonus points removed for buying physical. That's punishment.
    Unless you currently have the discounts and bonus points, and Nintendo is threatening to remove these from you, you are not being punished. They were never offered to you as a physical purchaser. Which fundamental part of this incredibly easy premise are you failing to grasp exactly?

They are saying the purchase of digital is the behavior they want, and are trying to condition us to have a Pavlovian response to buying digital media.
    Yes, they are trying to encourage people to buy digital and are offering incentives as a result. How is that any different from other sorts of marketing whereby consumers are offered reward programmes?

What you need to understand is that Nintendo do not owe you any extras. The only obligation Nintendo have to you is to provide a product if you pay for it. Any extras offered are at Nintendo's liberty. If they choose to simply offer the rewards to digital purchasers only, that is their prerogative.

What is it with the climate of people these days feeling entitled to things when they have not legitimate claim?

it's not that we aren't getting punished for buying physical. It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people

Get a Green-dot card.

Page 43 of 177 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast