Page 44 of 178 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4427

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #1076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people
    We are not starting this with you too.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  2. #1077
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    it's not that we aren't getting punished for buying physical. It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people
    Irrelevant, you don't need a credit card.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #1078
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    it's not that we aren't getting punished for buying physical. It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people
    So get one?

  4. #1079
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    it's not that we aren't getting punished for buying physical. It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people
    Even I don't have a credit card, but the Wii U will most likely use eshop cards.

  5. #1080
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    it's not that we aren't getting punished for buying physical. It's that the digital gets an advantage, and I don't find it fair for us credit card-less people
    I'll quote my earlier post, and hopefully some of it will sink in.

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    What you need to understand is that Nintendo do not owe you any extras. The only obligation Nintendo have to you is to provide a product if you pay for it. Any extras offered are at Nintendo's liberty. If they choose to simply offer the rewards to digital purchasers only, that is their prerogative.

  6. #1081
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We are not starting this with you too.
    I'm just helping people see woot's perspective, that's all

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Irrelevant, you don't need a credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Even I don't have a credit card, but the Wii U will most likely use eshop cards.
    Wow I completely forgot those things exist

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    I'll quote my earlier post, and hopefully some of it will sink in.
    Yeah I guess that's fair, just trying to help people see woot's perspective that's all

  7. #1082
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    ^ Woots perspective is jaded and negative in the first place, it does no good either way.

    Knowing his perspective only does the purpose to help you communicate with him to see a better way of thinking. And your not showing him an alternate thought process therefore the posts are simply irrelevant .

  8. #1083
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Yeah I guess that's fair, just trying to help people see woot's perspective that's all
    We can see his perspective; that is the problem.

  9. #1084
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    Just saying, we Brits are being punished for buying digital with extortionate EShop prices.

    Who cares about 250 extra points when downloading it costs $60 instead of $45 in any shop and even less from buying physical from an online retailer?

    What would you rather be punished for?

  10. #1085
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Just saying, we Brits are being punished for buying digital with extortionate EShop prices.

    Who cares about 250 extra points when downloading it costs $60 instead of $45 in any shop and even less from buying physical from an online retailer?

    What would you rather be punished for?
    Will you stop with the word "punished", since you aren't being punished at all. The double club point is a reward for people who chose to download the game since Nintendo wants to encourage them to download digitally.

    If anything those who download digitally are being "punished" since they can't resell the game, can only use it on the system that downloaded it and pay a higher price for the game.

    As for the price on the e-shop, remember retailers have control over the price set and choose to lower them to encourage people to buy the game. The price that Nintendo set is the RRP for the game.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  11. #1086
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    As I said, it's not punished. It's the digital having an advantage.

  12. #1087
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  13. #1088
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Interesting thanks for the link.

    Idk why he wasn't wowed by NSMBU. That game looks really fun and pretty

  14. #1089
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Interesting thanks for the link.

    Idk why he wasn't wowed by NSMBU. That game looks really fun and pretty
    The obvious answers are that either he didn't see it or that it's because it's more of the same (which I'm worried about).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  15. #1090
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    8,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The obvious answers are that either he didn't see it or that it's because it's more of the same (which I'm worried about).
    It is kinda similar, but the graphics are absolutely pretty. And there are really cool minor things like the faces of the airships are modeled after the Koopalings, and Bowser Jr, Boom Boom, and the Koopalings are all in the same game again. Plus the worlds have names. They're all really nice touches IMO.

    Quite honestly I don't really care for innovation. NSMBWii was an incredibly fun game and one of my favourite Mario games of all time, so I'd love to play something similar

  16. #1091
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Interesting, the Nintendo rep mentioned the Wii U Pro controller specifically for N64 Virtual Console games, wonder if they (possibly along with the Wii U Gamepad) will be supported at launch, contrary to previous stated rumors?

    Or maybe he was wrong and misunderstood the question.

  17. #1092
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

  18. #1093

    Default

    Sure, they don't plan to, but they'd have to if it didn't sell. I really don't see that happening, though, do you?

    Besides, did you think they'd come out and say that there'll be a price drop in a few months if one were planned?

  19. #1094

    Default

    Eh, wasn't even thinking about it. People are really warming up to it really fast to guarantee a needless price drop.

    In other news, the Wii U is region locked. Oh dear, we're being "punished", everyone. Doesn't affect me at all since, well, I DO want to understand what I'm playing at all times instead of deciphering.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 24th September 2012 at 6:54 PM.

  20. #1095
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Will you stop with the word "punished", since you aren't being punished at all. The double club point is a reward for people who chose to download the game since Nintendo wants to encourage them to download digitally.

    If anything those who download digitally are being "punished" since they can't resell the game, can only use it on the system that downloaded it and pay a higher price for the game.

    As for the price on the e-shop, remember retailers have control over the price set and choose to lower them to encourage people to buy the game. The price that Nintendo set is the RRP for the game.
    Just pointing out, that's what I was saying, if you'd actually read my post.

    Nobody, nobody would knowingly pay $15 more for a digital download with the "reward" of 250 extra points, which is what is happening in the UK.

    3DS games have been out for a while now, and Nintendo knows that no place in the UK sells games for the ridiculous price they're charging them for on the EShop. Would you pay $60 for a digital download for NSMB2 with the slap in the face of a couple of points extra?

  21. #1096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    As for the price on the e-shop, remember retailers have control over the price set and choose to lower them to encourage people to buy the game. The price that Nintendo set is the RRP for the game.
    I thought that there aren't RRPs for electronic goods in the UK, or at least that Nintendo doesn't set any in the UK.

  22. #1097
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    3DS games have been out for a while now, and Nintendo knows that no place in the UK sells games for the ridiculous price they're charging them for on the EShop. Would you pay $60 for a digital download for NSMB2 with the slap in the face of a couple of points extra?
    You do realize you guys are the only ones being raped with your digital prices, right? We get them at the same price as retail.

  23. #1098
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Blame your retail sellers nintendo doesnt set the price, , its like Korea where the owner sells games for whatever price they want to.

  24. #1099
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Wii U gamepad seems to be made of Nintendium.

    Also, Nintendo TV does seem interesting.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  25. #1100
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Wii U gamepad seems to be made of Nintendium.

    Also, Nintendo TV does seem interesting.

    woot21 out dawgs
    They also confirmed that any USB storage would work. So your storage concern is alleviated.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 44 of 178 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •