Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    No need to be rude it was just a question
    I'm sure it was, but you understand what I'm trying to tell you, right? That it's a question better asked, y'know, to your local store? Who might be able to actually tell you how many people you might expect to find lined up, as opposed to people on a message board who have zero clue where you live, how big your GameStop is, what your local demographics are like, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    jees

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Eh, I don't really mind myself. I have a computer that I can do all those things on if I ever cared to. My gaming console is for gaming.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well we can view HTML5 videos on the gamepad ._.

And they finished the crappy youtube apps as well.

You people have been behind on news lately lol. Some real interesting conversations are going on y
    Last edited by arceus7; 16th November 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Spoiler:- Sh...he's coming, is everybody ready?:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Son, what the Pikmin are you doing?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm sure it was, but you understand what I'm trying to tell you, right? That it's a question better asked, y'know, to your local store? Who might be able to actually tell you how many people you might expect to find lined up, as opposed to people on a message board who have zero clue where you live, how big your GameStop is, what your local demographics are like, etc?

And since when did humanity lose the ability to have educated guesses?

It's not that hard to figure out how many WiiU's Gamestop was able to give to people who pre-ordered it (at least I'm assuming for the most part all Gamestop's had the same maximum number of Wii U's despite said population of city or town, because there would have to be some distribution problem, since I doubt Nintendo has that many Wii U's to give, and sure it could be like voting, more people in a state, has more electoral votes, but I can't see how that work out to be honest, after all technically there's more of finite number of possible consoles, than voters), and assuming Aura Master is one who preordering, is the best educated guess, however many WiiU's Gamestop had in stock minus one (if you want to exclude Aura Master).

Sure there could people going just for the sake of going, but I doubt they would actually be in line, with those getting Wii U's, or at least contribute

Now as for duration, you think at most 5 minutes per person, assuming you can get video games as well, since I'm sure there's a time limit, since I'm sure the priority is to give everyone who preordered a Wii U would get one, anything else would come after, so it could actually be less than five minutes but perhaps have a five minute leeway.

Say each Gamestop store (there's at least two in my city), can only give out 5-10 Wii U's, because that's what Nintendo says.

That's probably, if your last in line, probably an hour wait at most.

I mean after all even if bigger Gamestops in a bigger city do get more Wii U's, you also have to take into consideration, ALL the retail businesses that would likely have some consoles as well.

I'm pretty sure if you take all that into account, a Gamestop store any where, couldn't have that long of a wait. Since the gamestop I went to said, that that Nintendo only gave them 5 standard and 5 deluxe, or something like that. So that's about only 10 consoles, so only technically 10 people should be in line for that, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I admit, there is a lot of variables, but at least I made an educated guess.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Edit: I admit, there is a lot of variables, but at least I made an educated guess.
    Which was a waste of your time, because BCVM is right, there's no way for us to tell. There is an allocation system in retail, locations in higher trafficking areas will receive more than those that do not pull in as much business. The only way to tell is to, as he suggested, phone your GameStop or whichever store and see if they can give you an estimate.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

And since when did humanity lose the ability to have educated guesses?
    So, all that rant and your "educated" guess was just based on what you were told by your local Gamestop; this you only knew because, y'know, you asked the Gamestop. I wonder how much time you spent typing and trying to be clever, only to prove BCVM22's point.

Still waiting for good games for Wii U.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    So, all that rant and your "educated" guess was just based on what you were told by your local Gamestop; this you only knew because, y'know, you asked the Gamestop. I wonder how much time you spent typing and trying to be clever, only to prove BCVM22's point.
    I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be criticized for making an educated guess.

A simple: "Not Sure" is a good answer.

I don't see why people have to make grandiose posts, wrapped in being rude.

When a simple "None of us can know that, I'm afraid." Is really that's all I that's needed.

I don't think "Buddy, look, we don't know, instead of asking us, why don't you know you ask your gamestop, I'm sure they would know the answer you're looking for."
    -----

It seems everyday I lose my faith in humanity, being rude to other people, even over the internet, isn't helping that.

And this is the world I'm supposed to want to live in? I'd take death over this crap any day.

But no because fate hates me, I'm just going to live one day to the next. Thanks god.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be criticized for making an educated guess.

A simple: "Not Sure" is a good answer.

When a simple "None of us can know that, I'm afraid." Is really that's all I that's needed.

I don't think "Buddy, look, we don't know, instead of asking us, why don't you know you ask your gamestop, I'm sure they would know the answer you're looking for."
    -----

It seems everyday I lose my faith in humanity, being rude to other people, even over the internet, isn't helping that.

And this is the world I'm supposed to want to live in? I'd take death over this crap any day.

But no because fate hates me, I'm just going to live one day to the next. Thanks god.
    Uh... Dude, you did prove BCVM22's point.

If you wish to take it further into humanity, not OWING to your mistakes is childish.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I counter-guess that this guy will be waiting in line for two months. After all, there are probably hundreds of thousands of pre-orders, and for all we know, every single one was placed at his particular Gamestop. Now we just wait and see whose guess was more educated. Which, in the meantime, doesn't actually do this guy any good, but hey, at least I tried.

By the by, Kmart and Sears' websites are acting all sketchy. I hope this doesn't bode poorly for my pre-order. TWO ****ING DAYS AAAAAAAAAAAA

Because I have games like fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I was going to keep my original Wii.

I don't think games like My Pokemon Ranch would work on it. Or do they?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Regarding the save data with all your Pokémon and the wireless DS connection and all that, it's just another of the things we won't know until someone actually has a system in hand and tries it. Assumedly, the Wii U retains all of the Wii's functionality in those regards, but we just don't know for sure.

-----
    Words to|live by

It seems everyday I lose my faith in humanity
    Don't worry, I'm sure you have the same effect on everyone else here. So I suppose that makes us even.

Because I have games like fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, I was going to keep my original Wii.

Radiant Dawn you'll have no trouble with. To my knowledge there will be a way of transferring WiiWare and Virtual Console titles in the future. Someone correct me if I'm accidentally making that up.

They all come over when you do the system transfer, don't they?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Radiant Dawn you'll have no trouble with. To my knowledge there will be a way of transferring WiiWare and Virtual Console titles in the future. Someone correct me if I'm accidentally making that up.
    I want to always have the option of transferring Path of Radiance via GCN memory card. Since I have not started a file for Radiant Dawn yet, I could conceivably do so, but I want to check the connectivity of games like My Pokemon Ranch, and see if you can still do some WiiConnect24 stuff like in Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!

Pretty sure they've stated that WiiConnect24 stuff definitely won't work.

-----
    Words to|live by

Let's have a history lesson, shall we?

Why the **** is it so hard for any of you to grasp my arguments. I swear to god it's like trying to teach 1 plus 1 to worms. And yet they think I'm teaching them about history.

My god do I HAVE TO YELL IT.

SO YOU BUY A CONSOLE FOR ONE ****** GAME BECAUSE IT LOOKED INTERESTING AND ONLY ONE ****** GAME NO OTHER GAMES ARE RELEVANT, because they don't interest you and they DON'T EXIST IN THE MARKET YET. WHAT THE **** ARE GOING TO DO WITH YOUR WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP WII U AND THE GAME THAT YOU THOUGHT WAS INTERESTING TURNED OUT TO SUCK. PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE TELL ME WHAT **** YOU PLAN ON DOING for the however long period of time, until that next game you want comes out? Which could be SIX months from now.

Good ****** lord it is NOT THAT HARD to grasp or answer that HYPOTHETICAL question, without calling me a retard or stupid, or whatever the hell you have to do to sleep at night.
    Now those are two excerpts from a "grandiose post, wrapped in being rude". If you're going to give someone else grief for being rude, make sure you are not guilty of the same.

Besides, if you would rather choose death over rude people on the internet, you should really leave the internet. Although I act online the same as I do in real life (one reason I have few friends, and possibly something to make you lose more faith in humanity), a lot of people (and I suspect you are one of them) are rude on the internet because they feel like hiding behind their anonymity. BCVM22's post was a little rude, of course. Still, it is extremely mild so I really worry for you if this is enough to make you long for death.

Eh, too many games I don't want to transfer:

-Games that I play using GCN controller
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
    Mario Kart Wii

-DS communication games
    My Pokemon Ranch
    WarioWare: DIY Showcase

-If nothing is remedied for WiiConnect24
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

Plus, there is the matter of games that use GCN save data like Radiant Dawn and ToS: Dawn of the New World.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They all come over when you do the system transfer, don't they?
    Since they haven't released any specifics yet, to my knowledge, I'm assuming it's not going to be perfect. There were some things that didn't work in DSi > 3DS transfers.

Eh, too many games I don't want to transfer:

-Games that I play using GCN controller
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
    Mario Kart Wii

-DS communication games
    My Pokemon Ranch
    WarioWare: DIY Showcase

-If nothing is remedied for WiiConnect24
    Metroid Prime Trilogy

Plus, there is the matter of games that use GCN save data like Radiant Dawn and ToS: Dawn of the New World.
    Honestly, if you can keep your Wii you should. Use the WiiU for what it was designed for, playing WiiU games.

Getting the basic set tomorrow at target as I preordered, but I just got called by my GS for the basic set on the wait list at GS... Don't know where to go first to see if they have any leftover deluxes.

My Wii U deluxe set just arrived in the mail from Walmart! I'm opening it now
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Getting the basic set tomorrow at target as I preordered, but I just got called by my GS for the basic set on the wait list at GS... Don't know where to go first to see if they have any leftover deluxes.
    I don't think there are any Deluxe sets left over, everything I've seen has said as much.

Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast