Page 69 of 177 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Pokemon on Wii U needs two things. Snap 2 and Stadium 3.

woot21 out dawgs
    Pokémon Stadium 3 already exist, just that we know it as Stadium 2.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Snap 2 I can totally see working with Wii U, using the tablet as the camera. It just makes sense!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    ... You know what I meant. A non-Japanese Pokemon Stadium 3. No one outside of Japan calls it Pokemon Stadium 3, it is Pokemon Stadium 2 to pretty much everyone.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Pokemon > Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm interested in what they can do with Pokemon on the Wii U. I can see them making a new Ranger game.
    I want to see what pokemon would look like on the Wii u it would probably be the greatest thing I ever seen
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Rather they just make a rpg like the GCN. Wonder if they could as GF if they could get the rights to remake Emerald for Wii U. HD Hoenn

... You know what I meant. A non-Japanese Pokemon Stadium 3. No one outside of Japan calls it Pokemon Stadium 3, it is Pokemon Stadium 2 to pretty much everyone.

woot21 out dawgs
    Doesn't matter since Nintendo is the one who makes the game and they are concerned they made 3 stadium games. Furthermore considering that next stadium like game didn't bear the Stadium name suggest that Nintendo isn't continuing the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Wonder if they could as GF if they could get the rights to remake Emerald for Wii U. HD Hoenn
    That will be a big fat juicy not going to happen.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 21st November 2012 at 2:17 AM.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Wonder if they could as GF if they could get the rights to remake Emerald for Wii U. HD Hoenn

what, really

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Battle Revolution is what it is.

We don't need a "handheld quality" Pokemon game for Wii U. We have a portable stereographic 3D system for that when it comes down the line.

Actually, a "connective" Pokemon game would be fine. Another story driven game for Wii U like Colosseum and XD would be great.
    I'm actually hoping for something like Battle Revolution but cheap like a typical eShop download (maybe as one too). Production values? In all honesty, what really needs to be delivered are some awesome looking 3D models (I'm hoping for some realistic looking textures on the characters similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl's models), slick looking attack animations, and the rest is copy and paste from other Nintendo games along with the Wii U's functions. The game's battle systems should be obvious. Maybe voice and video chat during battles as an option (if one doesn't want, nobody gets it). Customizable trainers as seen in Battle Revolution would be nice but we could always resort to Miis. The Wii game's copy box system when connecting to the DS would be fine. The rest is taken from Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon Stadium 2. As we all know, Mario Kart 7's communities were a hit so we bring it back but utilizing the custom rule feature in Stadium 2 but with a bit more depth such as disallowing certain items, moves, and forms. The only problem with this community idea is Smogon's changing tiers (example: the game's released today, the standard OU community is created, and a month later, Garchomp is shafted back to Ubers however the community still exists and allows the land shark).

That said, I think this is a very simple idea and I would love to see this.

Daydreaming aside, loving the new system, it's amazing. The load times take a bit and the downloads when you first unbox it are horrendously slow but the menus are incredibly easy to navigate and I'm adore seeing Nintendo's franchises in HD and am having a great time with New Super Mario Bros. U and Batman: Arkham City.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st November 2012 at 2:20 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

They have zero reason to give that to you as a cheap eShop download when they can release it as a full-priced retail title.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They have zero reason to give that to you as a cheap eShop download when they can release it as a full-priced retail title.
    Valid point but we can dream...or buy it off the eShop.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm probably gonna get a Wii U as soon as I get home for Thanksgiving, provided I can find one. I doubt I'll find one at the mall, and it'd be hella cramped anyway, so I'm gonna go to the Gamestop tucked away near a grocery store. I honestly doubt I'll be able to find one, or a Deuluxe edition for that matter, but I can hope.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

woot21 out dawgs
    No one in Japan calls it that either. They call it Pokemon Stadium GS.

No one in Japan calls it that either. They call it Pokemon Stadium GS.
    Why let facts get in the way of pointless pedantry?

Because there are people who are wrong on the Internet, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ^ Oh hell ****ing no. It needs to be an XD type of game more expansive than the hand held series
    Who says there can only be one Wii U Pokemon game? The Wii got at least 2 or 3. Anyway, I can see them making a Ranger game for Wii U, the only factor in that decision being whether or not they think another Ranger game will sell well enough. Ranger could work pretty well on the Wii U since it has a stylus, and I can imagine the gamepad bringing some neat changes to the series. Anyway, besides that, here's what I think we could see on the Wii U:

-spiritual sequel to Colosseum/XD
    -Pokepark 3
    -Rumble 3/Conquest 2/something entirely new

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Really? What's the third one?

How about the fact that Stadium/Battle Revolution type games are basically glorified DLC for the main series games which add nothing of significance besides the cheap thrill of seeing your Pokemon on the big screen in 3D? It's nowhere near being worth full price, you're not getting nearly enough content to justify that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Really? What's the third one?
    Technically, the third one is what was localised in English-speaking countries as Pokémon Stadium 2. There was an earlier game, which was never translated.

How about the fact that Stadium/Battle Revolution type games are basically glorified DLC for the main series games which add nothing of significance besides the cheap thrill of seeing your Pokemon on the big screen in 3D? It's nowhere near being worth full price, you're not getting nearly enough content to justify that.
    How about the fact that this is mostly subjective on your part and changes nothing about what I said.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well to avoid numbers just call it "Pokemon Stadium U-nova

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I'm actually hoping for something like Battle Revolution but cheap like a typical eShop download (maybe as one too). Production values? In all honesty, what really needs to be delivered are some awesome looking 3D models (I'm hoping for some realistic looking textures on the characters similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl's models), slick looking attack animations, and the rest is copy and paste from other Nintendo games along with the Wii U's functions. The game's battle systems should be obvious. Maybe voice and video chat during battles as an option (if one doesn't want, nobody gets it). Customizable trainers as seen in Battle Revolution would be nice but we could always resort to Miis. The Wii game's copy box system when connecting to the DS would be fine. The rest is taken from Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon Stadium 2. As we all know, Mario Kart 7's communities were a hit so we bring it back but utilizing the custom rule feature in Stadium 2 but with a bit more depth such as disallowing certain items, moves, and forms. The only problem with this community idea is Smogon's changing tiers (example: the game's released today, the standard OU community is created, and a month later, Garchomp is shafted back to Ubers however the community still exists and allows the land shark).

That said, I think this is a very simple idea and I would love to see this.

Daydreaming aside, loving the new system, it's amazing. The load times take a bit and the downloads when you first unbox it are horrendously slow but the menus are incredibly easy to navigate and I'm adore seeing Nintendo's franchises in HD and am having a great time with New Super Mario Bros. U and Batman: Arkham City.
    Well people can already voice chat during trading since Pokemon Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I'm just saying, it has high graphical potential. However they utilize the graphical output and to what degree and which parts is up to them. We already saw 3Dish things in Pokemon Black and White, which I don't think a Game Boy Advance was capable of. Ruby and Sapphire, for that matter, did graphical wonders Gold and Silver couldn't do.

So why would a company that isn't gamefreak have any thought about making a full fledge game? That sounds like too much on their plate anyway.
    Last time I checked Genius Sonority wanted moneys.

How about the fact that this is mostly subjective on your part and changes nothing about what I said.
    Not at all. A collection of tournaments does not make a full game. It's too short and there's not enough substance. If they want to package it as a full game, they'll need more content, otherwise it's better off being downloadable. At any rate, why would you want Stadium/Battle Revolution over Colosseum/XD? With Colosseum and XD you get the same experience as Stadium/Battle Revolution plus 3D RPG gameplay (which is something everyone keeps asking for).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st November 2012 at 7:05 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Not at all.
    No, pretty much. You can say all of this - "it's too short! not enough content! we shouldn't have to pay full price!" - and maybe somewhere in there you might even have something of a point. However, it doesn't change anything I said because none of us are the arbitrators of such decisions.

If they ever release such a title (and I think they will at some point), the people who are in charge of such decisions know full well that a title at full retail price will sell. I'm sure you or someone is going to rail against corporate greed and franchise milking and all that, but it's that simple. And in response to this, you as the consumer are more than free to say "not worth my money", but that too will not change anything, at least not in and of itself.

With Colosseum and XD you get the same experience as Stadium/Battle Revolution plus 3D RPG gameplay (which is something everyone keeps asking for).
    Watered-down 3D RPG gameplay, done so intentionally so as to not overshadow the core titles. And watered-down 3D RPG gameplay that hasn't been referenced, seen, heard from or otherwise acknowledged even as a whisper outside of matter-of-course lists since XD came out... what, seven years ago now? How exciting.

Let's not pretend that just because something is "something everyone keeps asking for" (itself patently untrue) makes it any sort of good idea.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 21st November 2012 at 7:21 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Yeah it wouldnt be good for gamefreak XD^

Watered-down 3D RPG gameplay, done so intentionally so as to not overshadow the core titles. And watered-down 3D RPG gameplay that hasn't been referenced, seen, heard from or otherwise acknowledged even as a whisper outside of matter-of-course lists since XD came out... what, seven years ago now? How exciting.
    Well no, maybe not the way it was implemented in Colosseum/XD, but I fail to see what's wrong with a 3D RPG game on the Wii, or why it would do any worse than games such as Stadium/Battle Revolution.

but I fail to see what's wrong with a 3D RPG game on the Wii,
    Because the Pokémon series is primarily a hand held game and Game Freak aren't willing to do that and why would they when they know they could easily sell of the same games on the hand held.

They can't do that on the home console.

^ Best post ever.

Page 69 of 177 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast