Page 73 of 176 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Okay! So...

Have any of you Wii U owners found some amusing posts in Miiverse yet?
    I saw mention of a bone(r) coaster in New Super Mario Bros. U that was censored by Nintendo a few minutes after it was posted, but other than that and all the drawings flooding the WaraWara plaza, not really.

Huh. If it's cheap enough I might get one. All the Nintendo console redesigns released after the successor was released have been pretty neat to have, might as well be on the lookout for this one as well.
    Last edited by Clamps; 26th November 2012 at 6:36 AM.

I'm kinda wondering how much smaller it can't get. It's already not much larger than its disc drive.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

That's a good point. I really hope they don't do like the PS3 super slim and make a mechanical disc drive instead of the sexy drive they have now.

Playing Wii U on the Shinkansen / 新幹線の中でWii Uをプレイ

Not sure if this was posted yet, but it's pretty awesome.
    [img]http://i56.*******.com/25rgz8h.png[/img]

http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en/

So yeah, Wii Mini is basically just a disc drive now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en/

So yeah, Wii Mini is basically just a disc drive now.
    I shall call it the Wiinie.

I shall call it the Wiinie.
    Oh please gods no.

OK, so how long before someone makes the obvious dirty joke of that?

What's the point? Since the Wii U is out, there's no need for all the "fancy" stuff the original Wii came with? I guess that makes sense...

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hate myself for not being able to afford the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

What's the point? Since the Wii U is out, there's no need for all the "fancy" stuff the original Wii came with? I guess that makes sense...

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hate myself for not being able to afford the Wii U.
    Hello? There are still DS games coming out even though the 3DS is out. We COULD bring up that discussion into this, too.

Never.

What's the point? Since the Wii U is out,
    If you already own a Wii or plan to buy a Wii U then the Wii mini isn't marketed for for you. It's aimed at late adopters who are only just jumping onto the Wii.

there's no need for all the "fancy" stuff the original Wii came with? I guess that makes sense...
    Nintendo had cut some parts out in order to shrink the size and make it cheap to produce.

Or you could, oh I don't know, get a Job?

I hear that they pay good money if you sell your brain in the black market.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Hello? There are still DS games coming out even though the 3DS is out. We COULD bring up that discussion into this, too.
    There are two DS games yet to be released that have been announced. Wii games pretty much slowed to a trickle around this time last year.

Anyway, probably going to pass on this due to the mechanical disk drive. Also, no online, not that I'd need it but I can go online with my current Wii that I'm already not using. Though the red Wiimote and Nunchuck are pretty damn sexy, not sure if I'd want to spend the $40 extra dollars on the Wii Mini.

Yeah, Nintendo's pretty much said they're not making any more Wii games (I'll try and post the source later when I'm at a computer), so a new model of the Wii is pretty much senseless. There's not that much demand for the Wii anymore, ever since Microsoft and Sony jumped on the motion control bandwagon, the Wii lost its advantage. That's why we got the Wii U so early, because Nintendo's playing catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, Nintendo's pretty much said they're not making any more Wii games (I'll try and post the source later when I'm at a computer), so a new model of the Wii is pretty much senseless. There's not that much demand for the Wii anymore, ever since Microsoft and Sony jumped on the motion control bandwagon, the Wii lost its advantage. That's why we got the Wii U so early, because Nintendo's playing catch up.
    It's like I'm on NeoGAFs and/or /v/. Yep, Nintendo is playing catch up, with the companies that copied it. Makes perfect sense.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Hence why I've got the idiot on my ignore list. Makes no sense to pay attention to his stupidity when I can go to better sites and at least get the same stupidity better worded.

You're missing some very obvious points and historical precedents here, either unintentionally or otherwise. A company taking near-defunct hardware, physically downsizing it significantly and selling it for a relative pittance is not new and is not exclusive to Nintendo. It's a means of trying to squeeze a last few dollars out of hardware for which you still have all the production lines and all of the components, but which can now be produced significantly easier, smaller and cheaper than they could six years ago. Nothing more. No one's counting on this Wii Mini to be the Tickle Me Elmo of this holiday season. There's nothing "senseless" about it and it has very little to do with demand and everything to do with simply putting another Nintendo product on the shelves, this one offering the entire Wii library at a budget price. GameCube functionality or not, that's not insignificant at all.

You seem intelligent enough that you could have and maybe did figure this out on your own. As is so often the case, I question as to whether you knew all of this already and are just posting to play devil's advocate.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 27th November 2012 at 7:59 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    It's like I'm on NeoGAFs and/or /v/. Yep, Nintendo is playing catch up, with the companies that copied it. Makes perfect sense.

woot21 out dawgs
    They're playing "catch up" in the sense that the Wii is significantly less powerful than the 360 and PS3 to the point where many third party games were either watered down ports or never even got ported at all, plus the Wii itsel lacked many key features like digital downloads, DLC, and connection to social media. The only real advantage the Wii had was the uniqueness and innovation of motion control gaming, and now that Microsoft and Sony copied them, they have nothing. The Wii is now obsolete in every way, making Nintendo's early release of its next gen console a necessity. Hence, they're playing catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    GameCube functionality or not, that's not insignificant at all.
    I'm well aware of the fact that other systems have removed backwards compatibility and made budget models of their consoles. That's not the problem. The big problem is the lack of online features, they're removing what little social aspect the Wii has. You can't do online multiplayer. You can't do the Wii Shop Channel. You can't do any of the other media apps. Like it or not, game consoles have to be more than just a disk drive, they have to serve as entertainment and social hubs. I can't imagine many people wanting or settling for something like this.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The big problem is the lack of online features, they're removing what little social aspect the Wii has. You can't do online multiplayer. You can't do the Wii Shop Channel. You can't do any of the other media apps.
    None of this is really a problem at this late date.

Like it or not, game consoles have to be more than just a disk drive, they have to serve as entertainment and social hubs. I can't imagine many people wanting or settling for something like this.
    They absolutely do. Current consoles do, rather. Old consoles can basically do whatever the hell they want. If this Wii Mini wants to show up at your house, get drunk and vomit on your carpet, it can. I don't know how well that would sell, but it can. My point is that no one is going to be buying this Wii Mini expecting it to serve as a full and complete set-top entertainment hub. Anyone who buys it knows exactly what they're getting: a small red-and-black box that can play Wii disc games and little else. And again, the Wii has a software library large enough and with enough games (juuuuust enough games...) that someone who didn't buy a Wii already but isn't biting on the Wii U for now might actually pick this up, just to do some catching up on the Wii's offerings.

Nintendo likely has minimal expectations for the sales of this and whatever it does sell will be gravy.

You are making a far, far bigger deal out of this than any logic and reason would suggest. You're basically complaining that a system released in 2006 and that was just made obsolete by its successor is now being sold in a cheap, stripped-down form for the holidays. That's what you're doing. And it makes zero sense.

-----
    Words to|live by

You are making a far, far bigger deal out of this than any logic and reason would suggest. You're basically complaining that a system released in 2006 and that was just made obsolete by its successor is now being sold in a cheap, stripped-down form for the holidays. That's what you're doing. And it makes zero sense.
    Well again, it's not the fact that it's a dumbed down Wii, that's actually a good thing to do. It's what they removed that's the problem, namely internet functionality. An internet connection is a crucial feature for pretty much any kind of entertainment or media device. I guarantee you very few people will buy this because of that.

Well again, it's not the fact that it's a dumbed down Wii, that's actually a good thing to do. It's what they removed that's the problem, namely internet functionality. An internet connection is a crucial feature for pretty much any kind of entertainment or media device. I guarantee you very few people will buy this because of that.
    I guess no one will ever buy a TV, or go to a used electronics store and buy a NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, 2600, etc. again, right?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Please explain why you need an internet connection to use the Wii. There are only a few games that actually make use of the feature, and it's not necessary in the least.

I guarantee you very few people will buy this because of that.
    I guarantee you that it will have nothing to do with anything and that you're complaining for the sake of it.

Whatever numbers in which it does or doesn't sell, it will have zero to do with the lack of Internet connectivity.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 28th November 2012 at 12:05 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

I guarantee you that it will have nothing to do with anything and that you're complaining for the sake of it.

Whatever numbers in which it does or doesn't sell, it will have zero to do with the lack of Internet connectivity.
    True, but don't forget that a couple games like CoD BO2 are on the Wii U, which are pretty much all about Wifi matches. Other than those, then I think you'll be just fine with the new system.

Hopefully, my dad won't see this, but he used my own message title to use for talking to my mom at work, and so I clicked on it, thinking it was a response to me. A little Pidgey told me someone's getting a Wii U before Christmas...

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    True, but don't forget that a couple games like CoD BO2 are on the Wii U, which are pretty much all about Wifi matches.
    Nintendo likely reasoned - accurately, in all likelihood - that anyone buying this final redesign is not terribly concerned about connecting online in the comparatively few titles the Wii did get that supported extensive online multiplayer in that fashion. CoD: Black Ops II was not released for the Wii, for the record.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 28th November 2012 at 12:51 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Hence why I've got the idiot on my ignore list. Makes no sense to pay attention to his stupidity when I can go to better sites and at least get the same stupidity better worded.
    Wait we had an ignore list, huh you learn something new everyday.

Old consoles can basically do whatever the hell they want. If this Wii Mini wants to show up at your house, get drunk and vomit on your carpet, it can. I don't know how well that would sell, but it can.
    Not going lie but I had a good laugh at this and actually cheered me up.

Thanks for that BCVM22.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 28th November 2012 at 3:01 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 73 of 176 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast