Page 74 of 175 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Technically, if it still has USB ports, you can still hook it up to Ethernet with the Ethernet adapter. That's if the ability to go online at all isn't erased from the firmware entirely for some stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Technically, if it still has USB ports, you can still hook it up to Ethernet with the Ethernet adapter. That's if the ability to go online at all isn't erased from the firmware entirely for some stupid reason.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was. It would be sort of counter-intuitive to include the option to go online, only to have your console tell you its impossible. Unless you are one of the few with the adapter, of course.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's a moot point anyway, since the system is Canada-only for now. Do they even have Internet up there?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's a moot point anyway, since the system is Canada-only for now. Do they even have Internet up there?
    It's hard to come by, I had to construct a giant antenna out of deer antlers and wrap it in tin foil I manage to scrounge up and then pointed it southward towards the States.

But seriously I have no idea why it's only been announced for release in Canada right now, that's so strange.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's hard to come by, I had to construct a giant antenna out of deer antlers and wrap it in tin foil I manage to scrounge up and then pointed it southward towards the States.

But seriously I have no idea why it's only been announced for release in Canada right now, that's so strange.
    Because Nintendo needs to play catch up in Canada, obviously.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Sounds "expensive". Expect that to be the case.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well again, it's not the fact that it's a dumbed down Wii, that's actually a good thing to do. It's what they removed that's the problem, namely internet functionality. An internet connection is a crucial feature for pretty much any kind of entertainment or media device. I guarantee you very few people will buy this because of that.
    Believe it or not, there are actually people out there that buy a gaming console to... get ready for it... play games. Personally, my Wii is now mainly used for Netflix, so the Wii Mini would be useless for me. I find the idea of a smaller console a great idea, especially at a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hate myself for not being able to afford the Wii U.
    Same here. I just hate that I have to wait to experience it completely. Maybe my convenience store will rent it in the near future though, better than nothing
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    Believe it or not, there are actually people out there that buy a gaming console to... get ready for it... play games. Personally, my Wii is now mainly used for Netflix, so the Wii Mini would be useless for me. I find the idea of a smaller console a great idea, especially at a lower price.
    I get that, and quite frankly I agree that games should be the primary focus of any game console, but it's not just about the games these days. It's a social experience. That's why features like internet and social media need to be there. Plus, given how expensive entertainment devices are nowadays and how bad the economy is, it's important for such devices to become entertainment hubs that can do multiple things. In that sense, game consoles aren't just competing against themselves but also things like smartphones, tablets, computers, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

And you're still willfully ignoring the only argument against your case that anyone needs, that being the fact that at this late date, no one is buying a Wii - much less this Wii - for that purpose.

-----
    Words to|live by

And you're still willfully ignoring the only argument against your case that anyone needs, that being the fact that at this late date, no one is buying a Wii - much less this Wii - for that purpose.
    Which is a fair point, yes, but it's also one of the reasons most people are abandoning the Wii altogether.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Did you hold it together with molasses smoothed out with hockey sticks?

Which is a fair point, yes, but it's also one of the reasons most people are abandoning the Wii altogether.
    You mean aside from the fact that the system is six years old and was just replaced by its successor?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Did you hold it together with molasses smoothed out with hockey sticks?
    Maple Syrup, actually.

You mean aside from the fact that the system is six years old and was just replaced by its successor?
    And is still the best selling console to date.

Hasn't stopped Microsoft and Sony from staying with their current gen consoles for another year or two. Have you ever considered why the Wii U is out significantly earlier than Microsoft and Sony? It's not simply because the Wii is old, so are the 360 and PS3. It's because the Wii has been made completely obsolete. It's no coincidence that after Microsoft and Sony copied the Wii's motion control gimmick, Wii sales plummeted. Motion control was the only real advantage the Wii had, it has inferior specs, inferior third party support, and inferior online support. There's not much reason to own a Wii anymore unless you like Nintendo games. So therefore, Nintendo was essentially forced to release the Wii U now to remain competitive.@Hydrohs Yeah, it WAS the best selling console, but sales have plummeted since Kinect and Move stole the Wii's thunder.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 29th November 2012 at 1:00 AM.

And in being aware of all of that, what could possibly be your beef with them releasing a super-stripped down Wii at a super-stripped down price at this point?

-----
    Words to|live by

Isn't $99 the price of a normal Wii.

Wii Family Edition bundles currently retail for $120 and $150, I believe.

-----
    Words to|live by

And in being aware of all of that, what could possibly be your beef with them releasing a super-stripped down Wii at a super-stripped down price at this point?
    It's pointless to make a stripped down model of an already inferior console, it's a ripoff to the consumer.

It's pointless to make a stripped down model of an already inferior console, it's a ripoff to the consumer.
    It's neither of these things.

-----
    Words to|live by

@Hydrohs Yeah, it WAS the best selling console, but sales have plummeted since Kinect and Move stole the Wii's thunder.
    Uhhh, nope. It still is. Has quite the lead, too. Did you every think that maybe, just maybe, Microsoft and Sony haven't released new consoles yet because they have no point to?

Nintendo came up with a new idea for a system, some new ideas that they couldn't do with the Wii, so they released a new console. That's how technology works. When you've got something new, you release it.

Can the Wii U play GameCube games?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    No.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Nope and all current Wiis lack the feature however Nintendo is considering Game Cube games for Virtual Console.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Did you every think that maybe, just maybe, Microsoft and Sony haven't released new consoles yet because they have no point to?
    And have you considered why they have no reason to release new consoles now while Nintendo does?
    Nintendo came up with a new idea for a system, some new ideas that they couldn't do with the Wii, so they released a new console. That's how technology works. When you've got something new, you release it.
    And just why do you think they chose to release it so early? We barely know anything about Microsoft or Sony's next consoles, so we probably won't see them for another year or two. This puts Nintendo at a huge disadvantage, Microsoft and Sony can just sit back and watch what happens and then come in and one-up Nintendo like they've been doing.

And have you considered why they have no reason to release new consoles now while Nintendo does? And just why do you think they chose to release it so early? We barely know anything about Microsoft or Sony's next consoles, so we probably won't see them for another year or two. This puts Nintendo at a huge disadvantage, Microsoft and Sony can just sit back and watch what happens and then come in and one-up Nintendo like they've been doing.
    You're confused. You seem to think that Sony and Microsoft are doing better than/have done better than/will do better than Nintendo. For two of those three, we know they are not and have not.

Nintendo released a new console because they felt it time, they were done with the Wii and wanted to move on. Sony and Microsoft are still in the stage where they're fine-tuning their next step.

Page 74 of 175 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast