Page 75 of 177 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4413

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And just why do you think they chose to release it so early? We barely know anything about Microsoft or Sony's next consoles, so we probably won't see them for another year or two. This puts Nintendo at a huge disadvantage, Microsoft and Sony can just sit back and watch what happens and then come in and one-up Nintendo like they've been doing.
    Okay, I'll bite for a little while. Those two other companies? They're at a huge disadvantage because they don't own the obscene amount of first-party titles Nintendo possesses. Also, technically, you're trying to bring the "console wars" arguments into this, so I'd advice you to stop right here. We can tell from your posts you dislike Nintendo's business decisions that REALLY won't make its employees go bankrupt. AT ALL.

Haters gonna hate, dude, haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And have you considered why they have no reason to release new consoles now while Nintendo does?
    Is it because both of them have sold tens of millions of consoles at a loss and have ridiculously high-budget games and so are attempting to drag their investments out for as long as possible in order to maximize their profit?

And just why do you think they chose to release it so early? We barely know anything about Microsoft or Sony's next consoles, so we probably won't see them for another year or two. This puts Nintendo at a huge disadvantage, Microsoft and Sony can just sit back and watch what happens and then come in and one-up Nintendo like they've been doing.
    Early? How old are you, exactly? Because the only logical answer would be "twelve years old or less", otherwise you'd know roughly how long every other video game generation has lasted (also, you could just look it up, but I guess that might be a bit much to expect).

Nintendo is obviously marching to the beat of their own drum, relative to Sony and Microsoft. I don't understand why/how people are failing to grasp this.

Stupid people gonna be stupid. Doomsayers gonna doomsay. Not much to say about it.

We're all gonna die in less than a month anyways, so the bickering is pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Stupid people gonna be stupid. Doomsayers gonna doomsay. Not much to say about it.

We're all gonna die in less than a month anyways, so the bickering is pretty pointless.
    Almost forgot about that. Thanks, there goes my sleep until the day I kick the bucket.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

From my understanding, the Wii to Wii U system transfer can only be performed once, and that the games must be on the Wii system memory. Is this correct?

I'd love to hear everybodies opinion on the Wii U, and please compare it heavily to the 360, PS3 and future 8th Generation equivalents (720/PS4).

I'm curious on this mainly because in my opinion the Wii U doesn't seem very special at all. Nothing seems incredible enough to make it worth buying opposed to other consoles.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    From my understanding, the Wii to Wii U system transfer can only be performed once, and that the games must be on the Wii system memory. Is this correct?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'd love to hear everybodies opinion on the Wii U, and please compare it heavily to the 360, PS3 and future 8th Generation equivalents (720/PS4).
    Ew. Why would anyone do this? Why would anyone ask anyone to do this?

We know what the Wii U does, we know full well what the PS3 and the 360 do. You can compare them yourself. Furthermore, the whole thread is Wii U-based. Read back a bit if you really want this.

Just. Ugh. Ew. No.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Correct.
    So I can only transfer the games that the Wii's memory can hold? Damn. That's annoying, but I can manage. I guess I'll have to prioritise the games I play more often.

It isn't really a problem, though. Your Wii Shop Channel purchase history is transferred over as well, so you can re-download anything once you boot up the Wii Mode on the Wii U. And for digital/Virtual Console titles, even if the game file itself doesn't fit on your Wii's memory because it's too many blocks, you can still transfer the save file (which are usually only a block or two) and then when you redownload the game itself, it will detect the existing save file invisibly and seamlessly and it will be as if you never left the Wii.

I couldn't fit a few Virtual Console titles back on to the Wii's internal memory from the SD card before the transfer, but their respective save files were there, and were transferred over. When the transfer was finished, I redownloaded them in Wii Mode and was able to continue playing the existing save files without a hint of a problem.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well, that's easy! Comparing to the Wii U, none of them have Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It isn't really a problem, though. Your Wii Shop Channel purchase history is transferred over as well, so you can re-download anything once you boot up the Wii Mode on the Wii U. And for digital/Virtual Console titles, even if the game file itself doesn't fit on your Wii's memory because it's too many blocks, you can still transfer the save file (which are usually only a block or two) and then when you redownload the game itself, it will detect the existing save file invisibly and seamlessly and it will be as if you never left the Wii.

I couldn't fit a few Virtual Console titles back on to the Wii's internal memory from the SD card before the transfer, but their respective save files were there, and were transferred over. When the transfer was finished, I redownloaded them in Wii Mode and was able to continue playing the existing save files without a hint of a problem.
    But what about retail games? I won't be able to fit all of them onto the Wii's internal memory.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well, that's easy! Comparing to the Wii U, none of them have Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon!
    If it isn't like Battle Revolution.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    If it isn't like Battle Revolution.
    I was being pretty general, anyway.

I'm curious on this mainly because in my opinion the Wii U doesn't seem very special at all. Nothing seems incredible enough to make it worth buying opposed to other consoles.

But that's just me.
    It outclasses the current generation architecturally(its unclear right now given we dont have a clear image view on the GPGGPU and the RAM's specs but its seems to be unbalanced on the CPU side so the rest of the machine has to compensate which is a little odd since Nintendo builds very well balanced consoles architecturally) It also outclasses the rest in how seamless the online integration and build is on the console, its a little cheap by nintendo standards (the plastic, the batteries in the small controller(nintendo was kind enough to leave a big *** space in it to put either a different battery or one of those Nyko packs) (the pro one is fine though 80 hours on that baby) The internet browser is second to none the best experience you will ever have with a console though( you can just go on youtube instead of using the crappily designed google app). Miiverse is quite fun.Connecting the Wii U to your satellite though is very easy compared to the other consoles though actually wont take you more than 2 minutes. The big *** update can also be run in the background , Japan is getting it with all the features and the patches when its released though.

Honestly at this point it could go either way Microsoft might make a big splash on design for the console this gen but Sony doesnt have the funds to realistically make a productive machine that will outclass the rest of the gen although they seem to be throwing a large majority of their eggs into the console market these days. They may or may not change the architecture regarding cell though
    Nintendo is going to have to do something though to attract 3rd party developers to the console next gen since ports may or may not go over so well if the amount of time isnt properly spent. Its easy to port the mainframe to the Wii U with Xbox360,PS3 titles but it still requires some optimization and actual time spent graphically wise in making sure that the framerate issues are addressed. Things that have issues on the Wii U usually have to do with its "vanilla"build(what is was originally developed for) for instance Ninja Gaiden and Mass Effect(developers really half assed it) have framerate issues but Ninja Gaidens issue is with its general build,(if we are talking about the actual quality of the game as its heaps and bounds better than all the other versions) The levels enemy placement are very boring, has the same gameplay frame rate issues. Darksiders II has the same frame rate issues. Assassins Creed 3 has no issues on the Wii U though since its actually developed properly. Ubisoft seems to be very interested in supporting the Wii U. The Wii U will have a wonderful library of games that I can assure you. Though I think graphics are fine enough this gen and they should focus on developing games that are worth there money spent as they keep getting shorter and shorter. Nintendo will do more than fine with the 3rd party games being released this year and next year along with their first party titles but what remains to be seen is how well they will retain that 3rd party support when the Xbox720 and the PS4 are released.

I am not a fan of the Call of Duty series(as I find them to be progressively boring along with the Uncharted series)but everyone who enjoys playing call of duty with the Wii mote is really happy with the game despite some of the issues that the game developers are patching with turning and all that crap. You can actually use the game pad as a motion sensor and play COD in the bathroom as well. Zombie U is also actually a damn well near good survival horror game so dont go all Resident Evil on it, only item you shouldnt really be concerned with conserving are the flares. But keep everything else near and dear to you

There are many ways to develop games now these days so it could really go either way. But regardless Nintendo will still be players in the game.

By the way
    GPU Clock is 550MHZ

CPU Clock is 1.2 GHZ

CPU is marginally weaker, and the ram is slower, but there's EDRAM and the decent GPU to keep it above 360 at least in regards to exclusives optimized for utilizing that EDRAM and GPU
    They made the RAM slower for latency reasons apparently to keep things compensated I guess.
    Last edited by arceus7; 29th November 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    But what about retail games? I won't be able to fit all of them onto the Wii's internal memory.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you won't be able to fit all of your save files from your retail games on the Wii's internal memory?

-----
    Words to|live by

Wasted $20! I'm awful at installing screen protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Wasted $20! I'm awful at installing screen protectors.
    Didn't we establish that when you tried to place one on your 3DS?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    It outclasses the current generation architecturally(its unclear right now given we dont have a clear image view on the GPGGPU and the RAM's specs but its seems to be unbalanced on the CPU side so the rest of the machine has to compensate which is a little odd since Nintendo builds very well balanced consoles architecturally) It also outclasses the rest in how seamless the online integration and build is on the console, its a little cheap by nintendo standards (the plastic, the batteries in the small controller(nintendo was kind enough to leave a big *** space in it to put either a different battery or one of those Nyko packs) (the pro one is fine though 80 hours on that baby) The internet browser is second to none the best experience you will ever have with a console though( you can just go on youtube instead of using the crappily designed google app). Miiverse is quite fun.Connecting the Wii U to your satellite though is very easy compared to the other consoles though actually wont take you more than 2 minutes. The big *** update can also be run in the background , Japan is getting it with all the features and the patches when its released though.

Honestly at this point it could go either way Microsoft might make a big splash on design for the console this gen but Sony doesnt have the funds to realistically make a productive machine that will outclass the rest of the gen although they seem to be throwing a large majority of their eggs into the console market these days. They may or may not change the architecture regarding cell though
    Nintendo is going to have to do something though to attract 3rd party developers to the console next gen since ports may or may not go over so well if the amount of time isnt properly spent. Its easy to port the mainframe to the Wii U with Xbox360,PS3 titles but it still requires some optimization and actual time spent graphically wise in making sure that the framerate issues are addressed. Things that have issues on the Wii U usually have to do with its "vanilla"build(what is was originally developed for) for instance Ninja Gaiden and Mass Effect(developers really half assed it) have framerate issues but Ninja Gaidens issue is with its general build,(if we are talking about the actual quality of the game as its heaps and bounds better than all the other versions) The levels enemy placement are very boring, has the same gameplay frame rate issues. Darksiders II has the same frame rate issues. Assassins Creed 3 has no issues on the Wii U though since its actually developed properly. Ubisoft seems to be very interested in supporting the Wii U. The Wii U will have a wonderful library of games that I can assure you. Though I think graphics are fine enough this gen and they should focus on developing games that are worth there money spent as they keep getting shorter and shorter. Nintendo will do more than fine with the 3rd party games being released this year and next year along with their first party titles but what remains to be seen is how well they will retain that 3rd party support when the Xbox720 and the PS4 are released.

I am not a fan of the Call of Duty series(as I find them to be progressively boring along with the Uncharted series)but everyone who enjoys playing call of duty with the Wii mote is really happy with the game despite some of the issues that the game developers are patching with turning and all that crap. You can actually use the game pad as a motion sensor and play COD in the bathroom as well. Zombie U is also actually a damn well near good survival horror game so dont go all Resident Evil on it, only item you shouldnt really be concerned with conserving are the flares. But keep everything else near and dear to you

There are many ways to develop games now these days so it could really go either way. But regardless Nintendo will still be players in the game.

By the way
    GPU Clock is 550MHZ

CPU Clock is 1.2 GHZ

CPU is marginally weaker, and the ram is slower, but there's EDRAM and the decent GPU to keep it above 360 at least in regards to exclusives optimized for utilizing that EDRAM and GPU
    They made the RAM slower for latency reasons apparently to keep things compensated I guess.
    This isn't your opinion. You totally copy+pasted this from another site/Gamefaqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    This isn't your opinion. You totally copy+pasted this from another site/Gamefaqs.
    Yet it is still more effort than needed to be expended on the question. I think Haunter227 lucked out.

The Wii U has been hacked, hacker says its CPU is nothing to write home about. In his opinion, it's not really worse than the Xbox360 so don't compare them both side-by-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    That post looked a tad way too smart coming from him, anyway. For shame, arceus7. FOR. SHAME.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The Wii U has been hacked, hacker says its CPU is nothing to write home about. In his opinion, it's not really worse than the Xbox360 so don't compare them both side-by-side.

That post looked a tad way too smart coming from him, anyway. For shame, arceus7. FOR. SHAME.
    Or maybe he's the same person there who posted that. If such is the case, then it's alright by me. If not, then I repeat thine terminating five words.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

What appalls me is that you would think I would copy paste all of that. I simply typed up the evidence I have gathered and added my opinon on the possibilities the situation could progress towards and my outlook on it. The only thing I copied ad was the GPU and CPU clock speed.

Dont ******** with me JB , my intellect is not to be questioned. Assume naught but the leek sprouting from your very skull. Unless you have stark evidence to dispute such things.
    You too Aura. My ability to communicate is more cognoscente than thus might appear.

I dont even use Gamefaqs.
    Last edited by arceus7; 30th November 2012 at 1:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Didn't we establish that when you tried to place one on your 3DS?
    I bought more and they worked. I can't help it, I hate the grime that crusts when people use tablets.

What appalls me is that you would think I would copy paste all of that. I simply typed up the evidence I have gathered and added my opinon on the possibilities the situation could progress towards and my outlook on it. The only thing I copied ad was the GPU and CPU clock speed.

Dont ******** with me JB , my intellect is not to be questioned. Assume naught but the leek sprouting from your very skull. Unless you have stark evidence to dispute such things.
    You too Aura. My ability to communicate is more cognoscente than thus might appear.
    So what? At least this isn't for an assignment or a paper. If you copy and pasted, just leave a link next time so people don't blow their lids.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 30th November 2012 at 1:25 AM. Reason: more quotes

My ability to communicate is more cognoscente than thus might appear.
    "Cognoscente" isn't an adjective.

The more one demands that people "respect your intellect", the less effective it is.

-----
    Words to|live by

What worries me is that this is the kind of argument kind where people might eventually, as I've heard the term, get up in each others grill, and I don't want to be in the middle of it should it go south.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Page 75 of 177 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast