Page 77 of 176 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Just do what 99% of the other people who wanted to play it did.
    Write an angry letter to Nintendo Power, blaming them for the copyright issues that are partially preventing its release on the VC? Oh wait...

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Write an angry letter to Nintendo Power, blaming them for the copyright issues that are partially preventing its release on the VC? Oh wait...

woot21 out dawgs
    Yeah, one more day until December which means the last issue will soon be out. Wonder how it will be. Oh well, good times while it lasted.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, one more day until December which means the last issue will soon be out. Wonder how it will be. Oh well, good times while it lasted.
    Gonna buy, just for nostalgia. I miss the days of when they had mini-walkthroughs, Classified Information, etc. Internet killed print media, just like how video killed the radio star.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Speaking of which, Nintendo Power's final cover featuring NSMBU made me cry.

HARD. If you haven't seen it yet, just wait.

Just like everyone else who wants to actually play the damn game. I've been trying for about 2 years now to find it at places that resale games. Never can find it, and I am not using eBay or amazon and getting ripped off on those sites.

woot21 out dawgs
    You know, getting ripped off on eBay is really, really hard to do. Provided you have at least some measure of intelligence. And you don't strike my as the stupid type. Unless you're referring to the exorbitant amount of money you'll have to pay for the game, but that's all relative.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You know, getting ripped off on eBay is really, really hard to do. Provided you have at least some measure of intelligence. And you don't strike my as the stupid type. Unless you're referring to the exorbitant amount of money you'll have to pay for the game, but that's all relative.
    That is it. I don't want to spend $117 on a game. I can get it for around $18, provided I have a Super Famicom to play it on, and can read Japanese. Neither of those are the case either.

woot21 out dawgs

I love it when companies do this. You know they're doing something right then.

Been experiencing a lot more freezing issues on Nintendo Land since Europe's Wii U release. The game completely freezes and makes a neverending tone. Only time I ever experienced this on the Wii was with Sakura Wars.

Anyway, it's believed that it may have something to do with the various languages appearing on the Miiverse. After setting the Miiverse and Nintendo Land Miiverse to English only, I haven't had a freeze since. The Miiverse was undergoing maintenance last night, so I hope Nintendo either resolved the issue or are working on it. And I hope that this is mainly my issue in the first place, as many were getting freezes before the European launch. Everything was working fine yesterday morning, when there were a lot of Europeans online as well...

Whatever the case, everything seems to be working now after returning everything to All Languages...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Obviously, our minds cannot comprehend seven different languages at once but we don't even feel it, and so we transmit that short fuse into the Wii U.

I'm quite impressed with the Wii U. The loading times are a bit too long for my tastes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you won't be able to fit all of your save files from your retail games on the Wii's internal memory?
    Yes, I am.

Have you tried erasing everything that can be redownloaded on the back end and seeing if you have enough space then?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

That is it. I don't want to spend $117 on a game. I can get it for around $18, provided I have a Super Famicom to play it on, and can read Japanese. Neither of those are the case either.

woot21 out dawgs
    Well, you'd best start learning Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yes, I am.
    How could you possibly have so many game saves that you'd fill the internal memory...? Most take less than 10 blocks.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hah, suckers. I bought Earthbound when it was $100, now I can sell it for that much back since it skyrocketed in price. That is, if I wanted to. It's just too precious to sell.

1. Find a good retro game store.
    2. Ask if they just happen to have Earthbound.
    3. ?????
    4. Profit

On topic with the Wii U, I haven't gotten New Super Mario Bros. U, but I do want to get it fairly soon. I have to say the Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed is better than the first iteration, even if we don't have giant jumping frogs.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Have you tried erasing everything that can be redownloaded on the back end and seeing if you have enough space then?
    So I can delete VC and WiiWare titles from the internal memory and after completing the transfer, I'll be able to redownload them with my progress intact?

How could you possibly have so many game saves that you'd fill the internal memory...? Most take less than 10 blocks.
    Several take up considerably more than that.

Several take up considerably more than that.
    Still shouldn't be anywhere near enough to fill the memory.

So I can delete VC and WiiWare titles from the internal memory and after completing the transfer, I'll be able to redownload them with my progress intact?
    As long as you transfer over their save files, yes. Remember that the two are separate data files. The games themselves (what you can delete) show up in, I think, the Wii Channels data menu on that system's memory utility. The save files - what you can't delete if you want to continue your progress in the game - are found in the same utility under save files.

The games can take up immense amounts of space; their save files generally only take up a block or two. Delete the games from your memory but leave the save files, and they'll be transferred over. Redownload the games after the transfer and you'll be able to continue without issue.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I know this isn't the right thread but I'm sure this will at least make the odd one giggle. Hey, have you played games on your Wii using a Classic Controller but didn't get the same feeling as your PS2's controller? Well, look no further.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I know this isn't the right thread but I'm sure this will at least make the odd one giggle. Hey, have you played games on your Wii using a Classic Controller but didn't get the same feeling as your PS2's controller? Well, look no further.
    I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place with all the retro-ports they made for the GCN slot. It was always a better solution to use the Wii Remote port.

Never had a copy of Nintendo Power in my life, but seeing the last cover made me feel like a part of my early childhood had just been erased. ;_;
    NNID:RainbowKirby (StarKirby) 3DS Friend Code:1349-4661-3134 AC:New Leaf Dream Suite:4500-2347-0072

Hey guys, sorry to disrupt the thread as such.

But whilst I am having fun [diluted fun, admittedly, due to my current issues] with NintendoLand, NMSBU and ZombiU - I have to yet to be able to connect my Wii U Deluxe to the internet.

I followed a certain Manual instruction:

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64663922

This connected it to my Virgin Media: Super Hub wifi router - but, even in the same room as said router, it doesn't connect to the internet. Leaving me without the Day 1 system update, Miiverse, NNid, eShop and the rest...

It's pissing me off hugely now. Did Nintendo user test wifi connectivity with the console at all before releasing it?!

If anyone else [in the UK, or abroad], is / was in the same boat, please reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Hey guys, sorry to disrupt the thread as such.

But whilst I am having fun [diluted fun, admittedly, due to my current issues] with NintendoLand, NMSBU and ZombiU - I have to yet to be able to connect my Wii U Deluxe to the internet.

I followed a certain Manual instruction:

1. Go into connection types, Hit "Manual Configuration"

2. Input your SSID

3. Input the correct security type, this is key.

4. Put your password in properly

5. For ip address "Do not auto obtain".

6. open up cmd in your computer, type in ipconfig

7. Now input that ip address but add 10 to the last number so "192.168.0.1" will be entered as "192.168.0.11"

8. Enter the rest of your info inside such as subnet mask and default gateway exactly as you see it in your ipconfig.

9. Now hit next, hit configure now for your DNS. When asked about DNS hit "Dont auto obtain".

10. For the first server put in 8.8.8.8

11. For the second server put in 8.8.4.4

12. Hit Next, when asked about a proxy hit no proxy

13. Leave mtu as the default

14. it should work, if not check the ip and that it is the internet ip + 10. Good luck

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64663922

This connected it to my Virgin Media: Super Hub wifi router - but, even in the same room as said router, it doesn't connect to the internet. Leaving me without the Day 1 system update, Miiverse, NNid, eShop and the rest...

It's pissing me off hugely now. Did Nintendo user test wifi connectivity with the console at all before releasing it?!

If anyone else [in the UK, or abroad], is / was in the same boat, please reply!
    Hey, this post looks familiar :P

Anyway, sorry, wish I could help you. My stuff connected fine. Have any other Nintendo products that connected to your router? Maybe you can copy or reference their connection information?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Hey, this post looks familiar :P

Anyway, sorry, wish I could help you. My stuff connected fine. Have any other Nintendo products that connected to your router? Maybe you can copy or reference their connection information?
    Yeah, sorry. I'm kinda posting it everywhere I can...

Yes, my Wii, DS, 3DS [and 360] have connected fine to it - it's just this.

Did all the Pin / Push Code functions for my Virgin Media: Super Hub too. Didn't work either.

Looks like I'll have to wait till the UK Wii U supply units come with the update pre-installed - and hope that these wifi issues are amended with it. :|

Worst Nintendo console launch by far [which is a shame, as its software line-up is among its best]!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I'm kinda posting it everywhere I can...

Yes, my Wii, DS, 3DS [and 360] have connected fine to it - it's just this.

Did all the Pin / Push Code functions for my Virgin Media: Super Hub too. Didn't work either.

Looks like I'll have to wait till the UK Wii U supply units come with the update pre-installed - and hope that these wifi issues are amended with it. :|

Worst Nintendo console launch by far [which is a shame, as its software line-up is among its best]!
    You shouldn't really have to add your settings in manually, did you try scanning and selecting your SSID from the list and going from there? And even when going through manual, other than setting your SSID, security type and password you should leave everything else as Automatic or Auto-obtain. The only time you should be changing the other settings is when you actually know what you're doing, because you would have set custom values that would not be auto-detected in your router settings.

You shouldn't really have to add your settings in manually, did you try scanning and selecting your SSID from the list and going from there? And even when going through manual, other than setting your SSID, security type and password you should leave everything else as Automatic or Auto-obtain. The only time you should be changing the other settings is when you actually know what you're doing, because you would have set custom values that would not be auto-detected in your router settings.
    That was the first thing I tried - it doesn't detect the router without this manual config [no matter if I change the security type from WPA2TKIP to any of the others] - yet alone the internet.

Just selecting the wifi network and entering the password doesn't work. It can see all my neighbouring networks and ours just fine, it just can't connect automatically [unlike every other device we have]...

The unusual thing is that many have been experiencing issues with connecting when the previous Nintendo products connected fine. Nintendo might have done something different with either their hardware or software...
    Last edited by Asrialys; 1st December 2012 at 4:36 PM.

Page 77 of 176 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast