Page 88 of 175 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    The obvious answer is a Ditto, that way there would have been Pokemon representation, or Kirby, and have him inhale a hat for the franchise.

woot21 out dawgs
    Then everyone would be happy. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    Just throwing my opinion out there - I'm not getting the Wii U before E3 2013. I want to see if Sony unveils the PS4 or (unlikely) Microsoft unveils the Xbox 720. If not, then the Wii U is mine all mine.
    Even if they announce them you wont see them out for at least a year. Rumours say Microsoft's next console will arrive in time for holiday 2013, so you're looking at at least that long.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Then everyone would be happy. Just kidding.

Even if they announce them you wont see them out for at least a year. Rumours say Microsoft's next console will arrive in time for holiday 2013, so you're looking at at least that long.
    So, a console that hasn't even been announced yet will be out in less than a year? That seems like bad marketing and bad planning to me.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    the wiiu sucks
    You're thinking of a hoover, as it's impossible for the Wii U to suck.

So, a console that hasn't even been announced yet will be out in less than a year? That seems like bad marketing and bad planning to me.

woot21 out dawgs
    For Sony that's nothing new since their marketing team is virtually non-existent.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

woot21 out dawgs
    Yeah, which is why I said at least that long. I don't expect it to actually be released this time next year.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Q: There is a meh chance I will get a Wii U for Christmas. Other than Nintendo Land, are there any other good games? I'm kinda interested in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, but...
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

The basic intention is to see if it would be worth waiting for the PS4 or 720. If they look like Scrappy or don't show up, I have no reason to avoid the Wii U.
    Shinies:

The basic intention is to see if it would be worth waiting for the PS4 or 720. If they look like Scrappy or don't show up, I have no reason to avoid the Wii U.
    The games you get between the three systems are going to be very different though, why limit yourself to only one?

Quote Originally Posted by briguin View Post
    Q: There is a meh chance I will get a Wii U for Christmas. Other than Nintendo Land, are there any other good games? I'm kinda interested in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, but...
    ZombiU is pretty fun, from what I've played. Nintendo Land is great though.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

You might be waiting a while for the PS4. Forever, almost.

Sony still hasn't started creating it, based on trends in company spending. For the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita they all had high spikes in company spending. There's been nothing since it returned to normal for the Vita.

You might be waiting a while for the PS4. Forever, almost.

Sony still hasn't started creating it
    There's no way this is true, based both on common sense and the fact that developers have, or at least have seen, dev kits for the next Sony console. Even if those dev kits are rough equivalents - components that won't necessarily be in the system but process with similar capacity and can output comparable visuals - that doesn't happen if work hasn't started on the console yet.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Then explain why Gaikai, a cloud gaming service, claimed a mere one week before being bought out by Sony that one of the Big 3 console manufacturers wouldn't have a console next generation. Explain why Sony is currently developing TVs capable of having video games streamed directly to them. Explain the lack of funding increase in Sony's R&D Division, which is indicative of a console not being developed.

The only thing pointing towards Sony entering the next console generation would be developers claiming they have dev kits, which could easily be a lie.

Then explain why Gaikai, a cloud gaming service, claimed a mere one week before being bought out by Sony that one of the Big 3 console manufacturers wouldn't have a console next generation. Explain why Sony is currently developing TVs capable of having video games streamed directly to them. Explain the lack of funding increase in Sony's R&D Division, which is indicative of a console not being developed.

The only thing pointing towards Sony entering the next console generation would be developers claiming they have dev kits, which could easily be a lie.
    Because this is the internet, and rumors abound, and gain steam with no rhyme or reason, until the truth is lost in the sea of ignorance.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

It could be a lie. But I don't think it is. I think, as is usually the case, that the truth is found somewhere in between. I do think it's exceedingly implausible that Sony has done zero development on a next-gen system yet. What's been done beyond that start is where there's room for guessing.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Regardless of that, this is the thread for the Wii U rather than PS4 speculation. Move that to a new topic if you want but keep on topic here please.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Really dislike the Wii U. It's not radically different enough from the Wii to justify the price. If I had to guess I'd say going first in the next generation of consoles will hurt more then help. The Wii U isn't exactly going to corner the market when people are expecting to see the PS4 and Xbox prototypes soon. It reminds me of my beloved dreamcast which got a head start on the PS2 in 1999 but ended up getting crushed. If you have a really successful system with longevity like the Wii, why rush into the next generation with only a few new features.
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

We've been over this, comparing it to the Dreamcast is stupid because Nintendo isn't even close to in the same situation SEGA was in at that point, and the other consoles aren't even going to be out next November, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Really dislike the Wii U. It's not radically different enough from the Wii to justify the price.
    It's not? That's funny, because it's quite a bit different from the Wii.

We've been over this, comparing it to the Dreamcast is stupid because Nintendo isn't even close to in the same situation SEGA was in at that point, and the other consoles aren't even going to be out next November, if at all.
    It's not stupid because of that. It's stupid because the Dreamcast was the greatest console ever made and therefor cannot be compared to the systems of today that are utter garbage by comparison.

So far, I'm not liking the Wii U. My boyfriend works at Toys R Us, so he's been around them almost as much as someone at GameStop has, and he says that they're almost not worth it. One of the first releases barely has enough memory for anything. Not to mention, you can't buy the game pad. Anywhere. They don't market them separately. What happens if you break one? Are you just going to have to suck it up and send it to Nintendo and hope that they can fix it, and that it won't break the bank?

Better hope companies don't want to make games that require more than one game pad.

There's also the matter that, unlike with Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo seems to have refused to make the Wii U look any different from the Wii. It looks almost exactly like the Wii. I like my systems to look different. PlayStation didn't look like PlayStation2, and they practically share a name. Same for XBox and XBox 360. Bleh...

I only ever find myself playing third party games, Zelda, or Pokemon on Nintendo systems anymore, anyway. They need to broaden their horizons.

The place for avid writers and readers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    So far, I'm not liking the Wii U. My boyfriend works at Toys R Us, so he's been around them almost as much as someone at GameStop has, and he says that they're almost not worth it. One of the first releases barely has enough memory for anything. Not to mention, you can't buy the game pad. Anywhere. They don't market them separately. What happens if you break one? Are you just going to have to suck it up and send it to Nintendo and hope that they can fix it, and that it won't break the bank?

Better hope companies don't want to make games that require more than one game pad.

There's also the matter that, unlike with Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo seems to have refused to make the Wii U look any different from the Wii. It looks almost exactly like the Wii. I like my systems to look different. PlayStation didn't look like PlayStation2, and they practically share a name. Same for XBox and XBox 360. Bleh...

I only ever find myself playing third party games, Zelda, or Pokemon on Nintendo systems anymore, anyway. They need to broaden their horizons.
    You realize, of course, that by the time games that use two gamepads are actually, uh, extant (which they will be - eventually), there's a pretty good chance that you'll be able to buy a second one. And if you break a piece of equipment that would run, at the very least, $100, is needing to have it repaired rather than buying a new one really so bad?

I guess aesthetics are a matter of opinion, but I still think that's a ridiculous reason to dislike a system. And who really needs to broaden their horizons?

Anyway, I still haven't gotten my Wii U yet. Kmart apparently doesn't honor their pre-orders very well, so I'm just going to have to go elsewhere once I've gotten a refund. I'm getting antsy to play it, since I already have Scribblenauts, and I'd really like to explore all of the features.

So far, I'm not liking the Wii U. My boyfriend works at Toys R Us, so he's been around them almost as much as someone at GameStop has, and he says that they're almost not worth it. One of the first releases barely has enough memory for anything.
    That's why they invented this magical thing called "external storage".

Are you kidding? It's vastly different, especially the Premium model.

that's nice dear

Are you seriously treating me like a child?

Do you watch X Play? Even they aren't impressed with the Wii U. None of my serious gamer friends are. They think it's crap. Everyone I talk to says Nintendo has basically been going downhill since the Wii.

I've read about it. I've had discussions with people. Honestly, I'm definitely looking forward to the PlayStation4. Even if it isn't backwards compatible, the games on it are sure to be better. Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port. Thanks, Nintendo. That's what I want; a game I've already played.

The place for avid writers and readers!

So far, I'm not liking the Wii U. My boyfriend works at Toys R Us, so he's been around them almost as much as someone at GameStop has, and he says that they're almost not worth it.
    Oh well, if your boyfriend who works at Toys 'R' Us has developed such an informed opinion based simply on being around the WiiU "almost as much as someone at GameStop has", maybe I should get a refund on my purchase.

Why are we expected to care about the opinion of people who have not only not played the system, but are posting based on second-hand information?

One of the first releases barely has enough memory for anything.
    Given there is external storage available for very low prices today, that shouldn't really make a difference. I am personally glad Nintendo didn't include a great deal of internal storage, so I don't have to pay more for the system itself just for storage I can get from an external device.

Not to mention, you can't buy the game pad. Anywhere. They don't market them separately. What happens if you break one? Are you just going to have to suck it up and send it to Nintendo and hope that they can fix it, and that it won't break the bank?
    If you send it to Nintendo and have to pay for them to fix it, how is that any more bank-breaking than simply being able to purchase a new one?

If games are released requiring a second game pad, and Nintendo haven't made these readily available, then you can complain. Otherwise, leave hypothetical scenarios out of it. They have no bearing on the real world.

Are you really that much of a slave to aesthetics that you need the console to look completely different from its predecessor? As long as the console works well and doesn't look awful, I am happy. The WiiU achieves both of these criteria.

Do you watch X Play? Even they aren't impressed with the Wii U. None of my serious gamer friends are. They think it's crap. Everyone I talk to says Nintendo has basically been going downhill since the Wii.
    Do you rely on critics telling you if a movie is good before you work out whether you will see it or not? I couldn't care less what X Play think of a console or a game. I care about what I think, and the best way to make an informed opinion is to experience it myself.

I've read about it. I've had discussions with people.
    So, no actual personal experience with it. Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Honestly, I'm definitely looking forward to the PlayStation4. Even if it isn't backwards compatible, the games on it are sure to be better. Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port. Thanks, Nintendo. That's what I want; a game I've already played.
    So, based on no information whatsoever, you are convinced the games on PS4 will be better than what Nintendo have to offer at the time. Also, there are still plenty of games (released and imminnent) which are neither Mario nor ports.
    Last edited by O Fortuna; 16th December 2012 at 2:54 AM.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Are you seriously treating me like a child?

I've read about it. I've had discussions with people. Honestly, I'm definitely looking forward to the PlayStation4. Even if it isn't backwards compatible, the games on it are sure to be better.
    For my views see O Fortuna's post above.
    Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port. Thanks, Nintendo. That's what I want; a game I've already played.
    0Trine 2
    -Rayman Legends
    -Lego City: Undercover
    -Little Inferno
    -Fifa 13

And that's just scraping the breadbasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    For my views see O Fortuna's post above.

0Trine 2
    -Rayman Legends
    -Lego City: Undercover
    -Little Inferno
    -Fifa 13

And that's just scraping the breadbasket.
    Trine 2 is a port. Fifa 13 is also a port. Just saying.

Page 88 of 175 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast