Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It looks like they took Monster Hunter and then just made it super ridiculous. With Mechs.

Kind of surprising how close it is, isn't it? Looks good though.

I think it's better to have them on both. Good to have the option
    Considering how they haven't even announced if they will get to them on the 3DS is the annoying bit. While the Wii U having them is fine, I would personally had liked it if Nintendo left the consoles to the console virtual console, and the handhelds to the handheld ones. However if they're doing it along with universal e-shop purchasing, then I'll be okay with it. Until then, having them on the WiiU and not the 3DS is kinda spastic.
    BLAH

Gah, all these new games leave me no choice but to get a Wii U as soon as possible. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't like the idea of GBA games on the Wii U. I mean, it's not a problem per se...but wouldn't leaving the GBA titles on 3DS make more sense. Then bring Gamecube titles to the Wii U. It's like they're beating around the bush.
    I completely agree with you. It's going to be weird playing one of the GBA Fire Emblems on Wii U, but as long as 3DS also gets GBA games then I have no problem with it.

Also SMTxFE and Xenoblade 2 (tentative title) are really making me want to get a Wii U. I'll probably get one before the end of the year.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Considering how they haven't even announced if they will get to them on the 3DS is the annoying bit. While the Wii U having them is fine, I would personally had liked it if Nintendo left the consoles to the console virtual console, and the handhelds to the handheld ones. However if they're doing it along with universal e-shop purchasing, then I'll be okay with it. Until then, having them on the WiiU and not the 3DS is kinda spastic.
    I think its a safe bet we'll see them on 3DS eventually. Probably.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I don't like the idea of GBA games on the Wii U. I mean, it's not a problem per se...but wouldn't leaving the GBA titles on 3DS make more sense. Then bring Gamecube titles to the Wii U. It's like they're beating around the bush.
    It's part of the Wii U adopters ambassador program except this time they have to pay for it.

Anyway wouldn't playing the Gameboy Advance game on the Wii U game pad be like playing on a super sized Gameboy Advance.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Anyway wouldn't playing the Gameboy Advance game on the Wii U game pad be like playing on a super sized Gameboy Advance.
    It's their way of saying GameCube games are headed to the 3DS. Of course, what I said isn't true.

X kind of looks like a non-vaporware version of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I'm impressed. It totally evaporated my hype for Versus, in fact.

Anybody remember the GameBoy Player? Yeah, the giant rectangle you sloted onto the bottom of your GameCube. I'm not worried, I'm sure the 3DS will get Game Boy Advance virtual console.

Super Smash Bros. screen shots next E3, so excited but we must be quiet. Though, what I'm really needing are those updates.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It's part of the Wii U adopters ambassador program except this time they have to pay for it.

Yeah, and now imagine it on the TV. Playing GBA games with a 30 inch LCD back in 04 on my GC was a nightmare, I can imagine how bad its gonna be for a 42 inch one. One of the main reasons I've steered clear of the VC, and I'm kinda thankful for the gamepad. Off TV play for VC titles is going to be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anybody remember the GameBoy Player? Yeah, the giant rectangle you sloted onto the bottom of your GameCube. I'm not worried, I'm sure the 3DS will get Game Boy Advance virtual console.

Super Smash Bros. screen shots next E3, so excited but we must be quiet. Though, what I'm really needing are those updates.
    They give us a dojo again, and I'm gonna steer clear of the internet. That time period was a mess. A fun mess, but some of the darkest ages in the last couple of years.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

I always liked the GameBoy Player, myself. My friend and I spent hours and hours playing Pokemon Pinball RS. Difference being with the virtual console titles they're stuck on the TV.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I can't wait for Nintendo's E3 already. So many new games are coming, and my wallet cannot even survive 2013.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I was kind of expecting a new Yoshi game. But it being kind of like Epic Yarn 2?! Epic indeed! Wasn't expecting an HD remake of Wind Waker. I hope they do that with other Gamecube titles like Super Smash Bros. Melee. Speaking of which, I thought it was great for them to let us know that the next Mario Kart, the next 3D Mario platformer, and the next Super Smash Bros. will be revealed at E3 2013. Last, but not least, the Virtual Console, so sweet! Downloaded Balloon Fighter today, it's great that now, I can play it on the Gamepad, instead of waiting till the TV isn't in use so I could play it in Wii Mode. I deleted the data of Balloon Fight for Wii Mode immediately after I downloaded the Wii U Virtual Console version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I hope they do that with other Gamecube titles like Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    I wouldn't expect it.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 24th January 2013 at 6:09 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

What's with all these announcements?! I was excited for Pokemon X and Y and right after this latest Nintendo Direct we get loads of news for the Wii U making this year even better. I've already downloaded Balloon Fight for 30 cents, and I will buy most of the other virtual console games except for that Yoshi puzzle game (Sorry Yoshi...)
    I'm looking forward to E3 even more now since we get to see those Smash Bros screenshots, Mario Kart and 3D Mario game. Of course Nintendo's E3 needs to be amazing if Sony and Microsoft are going to announce their consoles, which will be big news.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I hope they do that with other Gamecube titles like Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    This is specifically the Zelda team that made this decision. Getting a new Smash Bros game is hard enough, I highly doubt we'll ever see a remake. Not to mention, Sakurai would likely argue its pretty pointless. Smash Bros isn't like Zelda, where each one is different.

This is specifically the Zelda team that made this decision. Getting a new Smash Bros game is hard enough, I highly doubt we'll ever see a remake. Not to mention, Sakurai would likely argue its pretty pointless. Smash Bros isn't like Zelda, where each one is different.
    Technically Smash Bros is different each time, as its still in the same genre, just with reworkings to the movesets and what not. But yeah games in the fighting genre are remakes in themselves as each new release is basically a reworking and improvement over the previous one.
    BLAH

Really? I mean art style certainly but in terms of the game physics and mechanics they are very different. SSB64 had a ridiculous hitstun, no air dodging, side specials, up/down throws and a few other things I can't remember. Melee was much faster than brawl and the directional air dodging opened up stuff like wavedashing. Brawl had very low hitstun and floatier physics and sometimes feels as slow as SSB64.
    I do agree in that I don't think any of them could be remade for Wii U. SSB64 is so old and bare that it doesn't hold up too well today, so they can't make a good remake without drastically changing the mechanics, turning into some weird smash bros. lite. Brawl isn't old enough yet and Melee doesn't have much (if any) significant room for improvement beyond the graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Just from what we got heads up on yesterday, I can tell that the Wii U is going to have a great year this. Probably might even scare Microsoft and Sony badly when it comes to sales.

Besides, Actually really looking forward to Miiverse coming to smartphones this spring. Have to say that I wouldn't mind it to expand just a little bit more after that. You know, Something like to the broader region of a web based website of Miiverse that we can all view on devices like our PCs (or Macs).

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Computer access to Miiverse will be part of the same functionality upgrades as the mobile apps.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Technically Smash Bros is different each time, as its still in the same genre, just with reworkings to the movesets and what not. But yeah games in the fighting genre are remakes in themselves as each new release is basically a reworking and improvement over the previous one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Really? I mean art style certainly but in terms of the game physics and mechanics they are very different. SSB64 had a ridiculous hitstun, no air dodging, side specials, up/down throws and a few other things I can't remember. Melee was much faster than brawl and the directional air dodging opened up stuff like wavedashing. Brawl had very low hitstun and floatier physics and sometimes feels as slow as SSB64.
    Yes, I understand that, but each new Smash Bros is basically made to replace the old one, which will never actually happen of course. I prefer Melee to Brawl myself, but Brawl is where the team wanted to go next, Melee is basically gone for them now. They've evolved their formula. Unlike Zelda games where each is a unique adventure.

Yes, I understand that, but each new Smash Bros is basically made to replace the old one, which will never actually happen of course. I prefer Melee to Brawl myself, but Brawl is where the team wanted to go next, Melee is basically gone for them now. They've evolved their formula. Unlike Zelda games where each is a unique adventure.
    That all follow the same formula, just like every Call of Halo game. I joke, I joke. Unless there is new content, fixing of the sailing, and/or a reduced price, I'm going to pass on the Wind Waker remake. I am excited to get info about this other Zelda, and of course SSBU come E3. Shame that Microsoft and Sony are probably going to be announcing their new consoles then, because based on the lineup getting revealed there that is the only way Nintendo can get shown up this year.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I know people say the Wii U has a lack of games but I'm glad I have one and am enjoying it. I know when Lego City undercover comes out it will get a lot more use (Helps it is out right before spring break XD) Can't seem to find info if it will have multiplayer. Hoping it does since I can see it working out well

The game from Monolith Soft that looks like "XenoBlade 2" would make me get Wii U as early as possible. That would be the reason that would spurn me to spend the money on Wii U. The others being Smash Bros "4" and Zelda games.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    The game from Monolith Soft that looks like "XenoBlade 2" would make me get Wii U as early as possible. That would be the reason that would spurn me to spend the money on Wii U. The others being Smash Bros "4" and Zelda games.
    So XenoBlade 2 would cause you to reject spending money on the Wii U, even though it makes you want to get a Wii U? The word you are looking for is spur, I think.

As for actual Wii U discussion, I suppose that this thread will blow up around E3, and then get closed due to rampant SSB4 discussion leading into a fiery tailspin of off-topicness and roster speculation.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    So XenoBlade 2 would cause you to reject spending money on the Wii U, even though it makes you want to get a Wii U? The word you are looking for is spur, I think.

As for actual Wii U discussion, I suppose that this thread will blow up around E3, and then get closed due to rampant SSB4 discussion leading into a fiery tailspin of off-topicness and roster speculation.

woot21 out dawgs
    Well I'm looking forward to that.

Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast