Page 122 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Why are VCs so expensive?!?
    Off-TV Mode.

Don't whine. It's three future chocolate bars off your cravings.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Off-TV Mode.

Don't whine. It's three future chocolate bars off your cravings.
    I just think It's a little overpriced just so I can play on the gamepad.

Also jokes on you, I'm diabetic
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Launch units required a firmware download for a fair bit of functionality right out of the box. Couldn't tell you whether that's the case with later production runs, or whether you have a launch unit or not.

Do whatever you have to do in order to get it patched into a Wi-Fi connection.
    I can't connect my Wii U since it doesn't support Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector, my Wii U says it has 1.0.2 for Firmware, can't I just get updates though games I buy? I haven't seen anything to say I need to update to do anything.

Hooray, menus load faster! Not much but it's a lot better than what we had before.

Looking at the Miiverse posts on the Wii U home menu, so many boobs and ponies (luckily, none of the two together).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    so many boobs
    What users have been posting them? I need to know for research.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

What users have been posting them? I need to know for research.
    = 3= ~♪

I'm not telling you, pervy sage!

Switch screens on the home menu, zoom in, tap on the Miis. Seen some pretty creepy Luigi doodles too. Also, Kirby looks creepy in Adventure Time's art-style.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    So we finally have more than just one Virtual console title a month, and the only thing worth getting is Super Mario World.

Way to go Nintendo, A++.
    Punch-Out and Kirby's Adventure, buddy. Actually, all of the games listed on the VC right now are pretty good games. Granted, the lineup is nowhere near as solid as the Wii's Virtual Console launch, but it's still an alright step in the right direction. Certainly better than the 3DS' Virtual Console launch.

Why are VCs so expensive?!?
    I like when people act like these prices are expensive. Especially when most auctions on eBay for the actual cartridge of most of these games are usually double the VC price. Hell, wait 'til EarthBound comes out. Which would you prefer? Paying $100 - $200 for a cartridge-only copy or $7.99/$8.99 for a Virtual Console copy?

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    I can't connect my Wii U since it doesn't support Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector, my Wii U says it has 1.0.2 for Firmware, can't I just get updates though games I buy? I haven't seen anything to say I need to update to do anything.
    No? Not a single Wii U contains an entire firmware update for the system.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Punch-Out and Kirby's Adventure, buddy.
    more than just one Virtual console title a month
    Anyone who doesn't have those already is an idiot. And the Wii's Virtual Console Launch was pretty terrible too, if I remember right.

Why couldn't they just give us a really great game right at the official launch of the service? I'd kill for an RPG on my Wii U, I don't care how old it is. In fact, the older the better. Gimme some Dragon Quest III or Ultima IV, or maybe even Final Fantasy. Hell, I'd settle for Ghost Lion if they could get the rights to it.

Anyone who doesn't have those already is an idiot.
    Or didn't own a Wii/never got to own those games before. Who knows? People do have different circumstances for now owning certain games.

And the Wii's Virtual Console Launch was pretty terrible too, if I remember right.
    Terrible? It had The Legend of Zelda, Wario's Woods, F-Zero, SimCity and Super Mario 64. Mario 64 and Zelda at launch helped make it better than the Wii U's alone.

Why couldn't they just give us a really great game right at the official launch of the service? I'd kill for an RPG on my Wii U, I don't care how old it is. In fact, the older the better. Gimme some Dragon Quest III or Ultima IV, or maybe even Final Fantasy. Hell, I'd settle for Ghost Lion if they could get the rights to it.
    Because Dragon Quest, Ultima and Final Fantasy are owned by third parties? Didn't you notice the VC lineup right now is made up of solely Nintendo games? Hell, Japan doesn't even have any of the Dragon Quest games on the Wii's Virtual Console and had to get the first three games (both Famicom and Super Famicom versions) via a compilation disc.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Or didn't own a Wii/never got to own those games before. Who knows? People do have different circumstances for now owning certain games.
    They were available for 30 cents. Kirby still is.

Terrible? It had The Legend of Zelda, Wario's Woods, F-Zero, SimCity and Super Mario 64. Mario 64 and Zelda at launch helped make it better than the Wii U's alone.
    Mario World is much better than Mario 64, and the original Zelda is kind of eh. I've got no love for SimCity, and Wario's Woods NES is kind of redundant to release when they could give us Wario's Woods SNES.

Because Dragon Quest, Ultima and Final Fantasy are owned by third parties? Didn't you notice the VC lineup right now is made up of solely Nintendo games?
    Which is a damn shame.

Hell, Japan doesn't even have any of the Dragon Quest games on the Wii's Virtual Console and had to get the first three games (both Famicom and Super Famicom versions) via a compilation disc.
    Yeah, because they're sheep enough to actually buy that at full price. Not that I'm one to talk, I do own multiple different versions of a few games. Heck, yesterday I purchased Super Mario World for the seventh time.

They were available for 30 cents. Kirby still is.
    If you bought the Deluxe Edition and registered the Wii U, sure.

Mario World is much better than Mario 64, and the original Zelda is kind of eh. I've got no love for SimCity, and Wario's Woods NES is kind of redundant to release when they could give us Wario's Woods SNES.
    Which is better is subjective. The point is that they're good games.

Yeah, because they're sheep enough to actually buy that at full price. Not that I'm one to talk, I do own multiple different versions of a few games. Heck, yesterday I purchased Super Mario World for the seventh time.
    They got the Famicom originals, along with the Super Famicom remakes in one disc, a reprint of a Jump Comics guidebook for the three games, a pouch and replica mini-medal. All of that for 4,440 Yen, which is about the equivalent of $45. It was pretty much a collector's edition released as a somewhat budget release. Also consider the fact that Dragon Quest through Dragon Quest III haven't been available since the Game Boy Color ports, even in Japan prior to the Wii compilation.

Isn't it for everyone?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

No? They were part of the Famicom 30th anniversary. You could buy them for 30 cents regardless of what Wii U you have.

I just think It's a little overpriced just so I can play on the gamepad.
    Not if you live in Europe as the Virtual console line up so far are all in 60hz, barring Balloon Trip and Kirby Adventure.

I like when people act like these prices are expensive. Especially when most auctions on eBay for the actual cartridge of most of these games are usually double the VC price. Hell, wait 'til EarthBound comes out. Which would you prefer? Paying $100 - $200 for a cartridge-only copy or $7.99/$8.99 for a Virtual Console copy?
    This pretty much. Beside the price aren't exactly that different from the Wii Virtual Consoles, just that this time it's real money rather than points.

They got the Famicom originals, along with the Super Famicom remakes in one disc, a reprint of a Jump Comics guidebook for the three games, a pouch and replica mini-medal. All of that for 4,440 Yen, which is about the equivalent of $45. It was pretty much a collector's edition released as a somewhat budget release. Also consider the fact that Dragon Quest through Dragon Quest III haven't been available since the Game Boy Color ports, even in Japan prior to the Wii compilation.
    I so wish that Dragon Quest Wii compilation got localized. Speaking of Dragon Quest where's my Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest VII 3D Nintendo?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

I so wish that Dragon Quest Wii compilation got localized. Speaking of Dragon Quest where's my Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest VII 3D Nintendo?
    That's probably more on square than Nintendo.
    And judging by Bravely Default, if Nintendo were the ones to bring them over we probably wouldn't get them until, like, 2015

Iwata wants to clear misunderstandings that Wii U is underpowered
    Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is aware of the fact that some people think the Wii U is underpowered.

He feels it’s a misunderstanding and they need to remedy this issue. He revealed this information at a recent investor Q&A, which was released by Nintendo for the press.

Iwata is also aware of the fact that some third-party developers are not interested in developing for the system, and while some of them are supporting it, he feels the situation will improve once more third-party developers start seeing success on the system and the install base becomes high enough.

He said it’s a difficult process and isn’t something that is going to happen overnight. Nintendo knows what it needs to do and are working on creating great software so that more people buy the system.

While we know the basic components behind Wii U, people calling the system underpowered aren’t really wrong. It’s up to Nintendo to show what the Wii U can do and make the best out of what they have.

Source
    www.gamechup.com
    I think it'll be interesting to see how they go about doing this. As for VC games, I don't think they're really bad, none of them really have aged well. Playing the classics just doesn't mean a lot to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Playing the classics just doesn't mean a lot to many people.
    Playing the classics, not on the original console, just doesn't mean a lot to many people. Hell, I bought Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Tiny Toons Wacky Sports Challenge today for my SNES, because one it is Street Fighter 2 Turbo and it was a good price, and two because I remember good times playing Wacky Sports Challenge over my friends house, unit the game got insanely hard on the higher difficulties. Earthbound will help sell consoles, and so will WWHD, MKWiiU, and the new 3D Mario, all probably coming around the holidays. Q2 2014 should be a good time for the WiiU.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Earthbound will help sell consoles
    The digital release of a niche game (with its following, to be sure, but still) isn't going to sell consoles in and of itself.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It'll sell more consoles than NSMBU did.

Think about it, which would you rather buy, a $250 cartridge, or a new $300 system and an $8 digital game?

And yes, $250 cartridge is pretty realistic for Earthbound. If Nintendo were smart, they'd release a digital version of the original's strategy guide free with the VC version of Earthbound, it'd make the cart only copies on eBay even less appealing because you don't get the guide with it unless you're prepared to fork out another $100-$200.

No it won't.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Earthbound is a very, VERY nice title. While it's nice that they're bringing it over, it will not spur sales (the Japanese launch certainly didn't)

Think about it, which would you rather buy, a $250 cartridge, or a new $300 system and an $8 digital game?

And yes, $250 cartridge is pretty realistic for Earthbound. If Nintendo were smart, they'd release a digital version of the original's strategy guide free with the VC version of Earthbound, it'd make the cart only copies on eBay even less appealing because you don't get the guide with it unless you're prepared to fork out another $100-$200.
    Everyone who wants to play Earthbound that badly already has some other way, the amount of people going to buy a Wii U just so they can buy Earthbound is going to be very small.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Everyone who wants to play Earthbound that badly already has some other way, the amount of people going to buy a Wii U just so they can buy Earthbound is going to be very small.
    This, so much. I think people buy it more for the novelty then anything.

Anyone with a grain of common sense isn't going to spend $350 to play a 20 year old game. No matter how niche it is. Also guide? lol we have the internet,

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Earthbound is a very, VERY nice title. While it's nice that they're bringing it over, it will not spur sales (the Japanese launch certainly didn't)
    It's dirt cheap in Japan (around $30 USD) and has also had the Mother 1+2 rerelease on the GBA. Earthbound also doesn't have the reputation it does in the west (GREETEST GAEM EVAR) over there.

Page 122 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast