Page 100 of 176 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4395

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    So XenoBlade 2 would cause you to reject spending money on the Wii U, even though it makes you want to get a Wii U? The word you are looking for is spur, I think.

As for actual Wii U discussion, I suppose that this thread will blow up around E3, and then get closed due to rampant SSB4 discussion leading into a fiery tailspin of off-topicness and roster speculation.
    I remember the old game, how I still haven't been able to beat Gadolt yet. Regardless, it is a really nice game, so I'm looking forward to the sequel. Especially since it's now going to have Xbox quality graphics, as well as now being a Gundam!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I just found it funny how so many of my co workers were just furious by the WiiU's release. I mean I've wrote down what some of them said every time we talk about the Wii U at work.

Here's 1 of my favorite's events in our talk about the wii U. [ "Hey u saw that Nintendo land game?" (No. What's it about?) "It's the WiiU's version of Wii Sports only better." (How? Is it an

improved sports version compared to the wii sports?) ] So I gave him a link to nintendo wii u's website & a link to some videos on youtube with footage of various people at E3 playing

metroid blast & about 6 days later we met back up at work & well I'll typed what I wrote down that day. [ "Hey did u take a look at the wii u's version of wii sports?" (Yes.) "So what did you

think?" (Well 1st it's nothing like wii sports, 2nd it's better than wii ports & 3RD I CAN'T BELIEVE NINTENDO DIDN'T WAIT TILL THIS WAS READY FOR DEPLOYMENT!!) "Whoa clam down. Do

you mean they shouldn't have launched the Wii & should have waited till they finished the WiiU or am I wrong?" (YEAH YOUR ON THE BALL U FOOL!) ] I would typed the rest................but

that day got ugly after that. He's loved nintendo since he got an NES back in the 80s & well this made him cry..............yeah did I mention that day at work got ugly & I MEAN SOME CRAZY

STUFF WENT DOWN WHERE I CURRENTLY WORK. But I heard some working at Nintendo stated the wii u was supposed to be the 1 & only wii produced...........but the wii u wasn't ready &

this was rumor to have led to the launch of the wii not only to mantain Nintendo's business/part in the console wars going on between Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft. If any of that

unconfirmed is true or somewhat true..............then I'll be able to get some idea of why 1 of my nintendo loving crazed co workers lost his mind at work. I am sure some1 here can see what

I am speaking about.............right?
    Last edited by Igos263; 29th January 2013 at 3:40 AM. Reason: improvement to the post were needed

I don't think I'd be able to work with your co-workers.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I don't think I'd be able to work with your co-workers.
    Just his co-workers? Though to be fair, I don't think I could work with most of the people on this forum.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I'm still waiting for a sensible Pokemon Title...
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Still haven't finished Majora's Mask and transfered the Wii save data but not the game? About that...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Still haven't finished Majora's Mask and transfered the Wii save data but not the game? About that...
    Haven't started mine, so I'm all good :P

I wonder if there's anything they can do about WiiWare games though...

Oh, Nintendo...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Just his co-workers? Though to be fair, I don't think I could work with most of the people on this forum.

woot21 out dawgs
    That would make a great reality TV show.

Also a great murder drama.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Why is that news? I figured that would be common sense that games downloaded on the Wii U VC wouldn't work with Wii VC save data.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That would make a great reality TV show.

Also a great murder drama.
    We should pitch it to FOX, CBS, ABC, etc. and tell them it would be a reality show about nothing.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Do you mind not linking to kotaku because they make me want to throw up.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I'm still waiting for a sensible Pokemon Title...
    Expect to have a "Pokemon Battle Revolution 2" slapped in your face.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    Expect to have a "Pokemon Battle Revolution 2" slapped in your face.
    They better not do that. Games like Stadium and Battle Revolution offer little more than the cheap thrill of battling Pokemon on the big screen. Which is going to get a lot less exciting now that the main series games are 3D now. If they're going to do any sort of Pokemon game for Wii U (besides new Pokepark titles maybe), it should be some sort of actual adventure type game similar to the main series games. Kind of like Colosseum/XD, but more like the main series games.

At any rate, I'm still waiting for them to announce bigger games for the Wii U, and at this point we almost certainly won't see anything of them until E3, which is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    it should be some sort of actual adventure type game similar to the main series games. Kind of like Colosseum/XD, but more like the main series games.
    Isn't that exactly what X and Y appear to be? Overworld mechanics and aesthetics in a more fully-realized vein, while containing all of the trappings of the core titles that were intentionally kept out of Colosseum and XD and would no doubt be intentionally kept out of any such future console titles as well?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

They better not do that. Games like Stadium and Battle Revolution offer little more than the cheap thrill of battling Pokemon on the big screen. Which is going to get a lot less exciting now that the main series games are 3D now.
    But Wii U will offer that in ~HD~

Since there's a Shantae title coming out for this and Rayman Legends, I'll probably end up getting one at some point. However, I am a cheap bastard, so that'll be a while. I feel bad buying a console for so few games, virtual console additions or not.

Why is that news? I figured that would be common sense that games downloaded on the Wii U VC wouldn't work with Wii VC save data.
    And... why is this? I think it would be common sense that games transferred from the Wii VC to the Wii U... would be able to use Wii VC save data no sweat. Unless I'm completely misinterpreting the Virtual Console.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Isn't that exactly what X and Y appear to be? Overworld mechanics and aesthetics in a more fully-realized vein, while containing all of the trappings of the core titles that were intentionally kept out of Colosseum and XD and would no doubt be intentionally kept out of any such future console titles as well?
    Fair point, actually, but they could probably come up with some game changing mechanics like snagging and stuff in Colosseum/XD. Also, it could utilize Wii U specific features like the Gamepad to create a unique experience.

Actually, I think I do have an idea on how they could set such a game apart from the main ones, instead of turn based combat, they could do a spinoff that involves real time battling similar to the anime, and you could catch Pokemon in this game or transfer Pokemon from X and Y and battle with them in a completely different way.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    But Wii U will offer that in ~HD~
    I don't really see the big deal in that, Pokemon look realistic enough in X and Y.

Also, I think a Wii U Ranger game would be cool, I can see the Gamepad adding to the gameplay for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't really see the big deal in that, Pokemon look realistic enough in X and Y.

Also, I think a Wii U Ranger game would be cool, I can see the Gamepad adding to the gameplay for that.
    The difference between Wii U & 3DS power would likely still offer a noticeable difference in quality for the models, in addition to any lighting effects or textures and so forth

also the attacks will theoretically look nicer

I don't think "realistic" is a good term for it. Realism + Pokemon tends to not end well.

Though, I'm seconding the Ranger thought.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I don't think "realistic" is a good term for it. Realism + Pokemon tends to not end well.
    Unless it was something like the designs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.; the character models had some really nice textures. Though I doubt it, I hope such would be used in a Pokemon title for the Wii U.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Though, I'm seconding the Ranger thought.
    Please no. I don't want to destroy my gamepad like the ranger games destroyed my DS's bottom screens.

Please no. I don't want to destroy my gamepad like the ranger games destroyed my DS's bottom screens.
    At least the second two games weren't nearly as bad as the first was

That boss gauntlet at the end of 1 was horrid

And... why is this? I think it would be common sense that games transferred from the Wii VC to the Wii U... would be able to use Wii VC save data no sweat. Unless I'm completely misinterpreting the Virtual Console.
    Because the save data is for the Wii VC game, that is accessible only through the Wii Menu on the Wii U, while the new game would be accessible through the Wii U VC and most likely have the save data in another area, and maybe even stored completely differently.

woot21 out dawgs

Sensitivity adjustment? It wouldn't fix ALL the problems, but nor would it HURT.

Because the save data is for the Wii VC game, that is accessible only through the Wii Menu on the Wii U, while the new game would be accessible through the Wii U VC and most likely have the save data in another area, and maybe even stored completely differently.
    That's pretty easily adjusted, though. The files can be moved. The problem would be if they were completely different file formats for the game images or for the save files, which would just be dumb.

Then again, I also find it kind of dumb that they CHARGED for the service.

The usual links

Pokémon Ranger destroyed my stylus and my DS lite bottom screen...

I guess I really wanted that Manaphy.

Then again, I also find it kind of dumb that they CHARGED for the service.
    That because it's an up-date that gives you extra feature that wasn't available on the Wii Virtual console.

If you don't want to pay for the up-date you are still free to play it on the Wii U Wii mode.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

That's pretty easily adjusted, though. The files can be moved. The problem would be if they were completely different file formats for the game images or for the save files, which would just be dumb.
    That's the thing, they are different now. Pretty sure they announced that the new VC games support save states like on the 3DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 100 of 176 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast