Page 101 of 177 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Anyway, here's my wishlist as far as unannounced games (probably will happen over the course of a few years):

-Aforementioned Pokemon adventure title
    -Aforementioned Pokemon Ranger title.
    -A Kirby 64 remake.
    -A 3D main series Kirby game.
    -A 3D Yoshi game.
    -New Metroid game with similar gameplay to Prime.
    -A Sonic game similar to Unleashed and Generations (Colors was almost there, but didn't quite pull it off).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

We have a problem... Hopefully this won't cause any trouble for Nintendo and the development of the next Smash Bros, but I hope he gets well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyway, here's my wishlist as far as unannounced games (probably will happen over the course of a few years):

-A Kirby 64 remake.
    -A 3D Yoshi game.
    -A Sonic game similar to Unleashed and Generations (Colors was almost there, but didn't quite pull it off).
    1. No way it can happen
    2. Possible, but it'll kill the screen unless you have screen protectors. TWEWY did enough damage to mine before Ranger made it worse.
    3. We'll probably end up getting it for the VC, and we still got to play it in Kibry's 20th Anniversary game that about a handful of us bought. Unlikely.
    4. We had Return to Dreamland. What more do you want? I personally think we need a F-Zero game before that happens.
    5. Yoshi's Epic Yarn not good enough for you?
    6. That would be nice, Other M was a disappointment.
    7. Possible, if Sega just doesn't screw things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    We have a problem... Hopefully this won't cause any trouble for Nintendo and the development of the next Smash Bros, but I hope he gets well soon.
    He's probably had this for a while, and SSB4 is probably in it's last couple stages of development anyway.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    SSB4 is probably in it's last couple stages of development anyway.
    That's not necessarily true at all.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's not necessarily true at all.
    It's not necessarily false either.

But odds are it isn't. For all we know, they could be just starting to make the game right now.

It's not necessarily false either.

But odds are it isn't. For all we know, they could be just starting to make the game right now.
    I'm just expecting to see some screenshots and maybe the logo. Hopefully the game's release isn't affected by Sakurai's problem.

He's probably had this for a while, and SSB4 is probably in it's last couple stages of development anyway.
    This is a Smash Bros. game we are talking about. It doesn't matter how far along in the development they are, if they decide to add something, like a character, to the game they will decide to just delay the game. Hell, they may just delay the game for the hell of it anyways, since Brawl was a launch title.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

plz giv

It's not really that big a problem. He's one person in a team, the team can do all these things for him but he probably just wont let them.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    This is a Smash Bros. game we are talking about. It doesn't matter how far along in the development they are, if they decide to add something, like a character, to the game they will decide to just delay the game. Hell, they may just delay the game for the hell of it anyways, since Brawl was a launch title.

woot21 out dawgs
    Brawl wasn't a launch title, or did you mean it was supposed to be a launch title?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I hope you like PokéPark 3.

If they make a new Pokémon ranger game it will be for the 3DS.

-A Kirby 64 remake.
    It doesn't need one.

It will happen, maybe toward the end of the Wii U life cycle since Kirby tend to release round about that time.

-A 3D Yoshi game.
    Yarn Yoshi says hi.

Hopefully they can fix the flaw from Metroid: Other M, like the first person mode.

That will happen.

Man Sakurai really does give it his all when it comes to creating games, which would explain Kid Icarus: Uprising high quality value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Brawl wasn't a launch title, or did you mean it was supposed to be a launch title?
    Brawl was originally meant to be a launch title but it kept getting delayed.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Brawl was never meant to be a launch title. It didn't even start development until a year prior to the system release and it wasn't even revealed until the E3 before the Wii's release.

Launch window - like, the late winter/spring after the fall release - maybe, but never launch proper.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 31st January 2013 at 8:34 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

1. No way it can happen
    It most certainly can, Colosseum and XD proved that. Whether or not it will happen is the more interesting question, I'm hopeful that they will come back to this idea, but they don't seem to be very enthusiastic about doing so right now, so maybe not.

3. We'll probably end up getting it for the VC, and we still got to play it in Kibry's 20th Anniversary game that about a handful of us bought. Unlikely.
    Yeah, that was more of a personal wish than anything else, but I can see a Kirby 64 remake working if they wanted to do it, they could add in new abilities like Leaf and Water and new combo abilities to go along with them, as well as adding some new levels and expanding the plot (for instance, adding in Meta Knight to the game). But I'm kinda doubtful of it at this point, too, it's been ported twice so that says that they probably don't want to do anything with it anytime soon.

4. We had Return to Dreamland. What more do you want? I personally think we need a F-Zero game before that happens.
    I was thinking a main series Kirby game with 3D level design, that's something that hasn't been done yet. IIRC, they wanted to make Return to Dreamland 3D but decided against it because the game was in development for too long (which I can live with, Return to Dreamland was originally supposed to come out at the end of the Gamecube's lifespan, if it was delayed any longer we may have never gotten it).

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I hope you like PokéPark 3.
    I was thinking something that didn't involve mini games.

If they make a new Pokémon ranger game it will be for the 3DS.
    You can't say that for sure. Wii U is perfectly capable of supporting a Ranger game, plus the Gamepad could definitely add to the gameplay, so it's not completely out of the question. Again, it's a matter of what they want to do with the Pokemon series, which isn't really the point of my post, it's really more of a wishlist than serious speculation.

It will happen, maybe toward the end of the Wii U life cycle since Kirby tend to release round about that time.
    Because two games obviously make a pattern. But I don't really care when it comes out, as long as we get some sort of main series Kirby game for Wii U.

Hopefully they can fix the flaw from Metroid: Other M, like the first person mode.
    That's the one thing I hated most about Other M, first person view was really clunky.

That will happen.
    That's difficult to say for sure because we honestly have no clue what's going on with SEGA. They seem to be planning something big for Sonic, but it's probably going to take a year or two before it comes out. As far as the gameplay is concerned, the reception Unleashed/Generations style gameplay seems to be mixed, some people like the fast paced style, but others think it's too shallow an experience, so they may very well decide to use a different gameplay formula, but I can see them trying to develop the current formula into something better as well.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Brawl was never meant to be a launch title. It didn't even start development until a year prior to the system release and it wasn't even revealed until the E3 before the Wii's release.

Launch window - like, the late winter/spring after the fall release - maybe, but never launch proper.
    The wiki for it states that is Iawata said it would be a launch title.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

And yet it didn't start development until October 2005. For it to have been released even in the launch window, that's a development cycle of a year and change, at the very most.

Maybe at some point during the brainstorming phase, someone intended it to be a launch title, but it's pretty clear that by the time they actually got around to developing the game, that was out the window.

-----
    Words to|live by

And yet it didn't start development until October 2005. For it to have been released even in the launch window, that's a development cycle of a year and change, at the very most.

Maybe at some point during the brainstorming phase, someone intended it to be a launch title, but it's pretty clear that by the time they actually got around to developing the game, that was out the window.
    I am with BCVM22 here since they planned Sakurai to be the director but they didn't even tell him.

That must a be an awkward moment.

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Spoiler:- Smash will take a while so this is for those of you who are impatient:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    [SPOILER=Smash will take a while so this is for those of you who are impatient]
    Why did you feel the need to bring that up? It serve no purpose what so ever.

Furthermore it has nothing to do with Smash Bros.

^ Best post ever.

Why did you feel the need to bring that up? It serve no purpose what so ever.

Furthermore it has nothing to do with Smash Bros.
    People begging for Smash to be finished so why not remind them of Capcom's fighters and how they released updated versions of the game a year later.

Anyways, I'm more worried about Iwata wanting to resign if poor business continues.

People begging for Smash to be finished so why not remind them of Capcom's fighters and how they released updated versions of the game a year later.

Anyways, I'm more worried about Iwata wanting to resign if poor business continues.
    That's what happens when you release a current gen system 7 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    That's what happens when you release a current gen system 7 years later.
    Well what do you expect the next generation to be like?

Wii U, $50 off at Costco!

Well what do you expect the next generation to be like?
    Better than the current one?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Better than the current one?
    In what way? I really don't see graphics improve much, unless Sony decides to go 3D. Maybe you can give it more RAM or a better processor, but that seems to be about it. Besides, I would not be surprised if either Sony or Microsoft copied the gamepad, or both. Though I wouldn't be surprised if neither did too.

woot21 out dawgs

The Wii U simply doesn't fell like a big enough gap compared to current systems. I guess it's "next gen" for Nintendo compared to the Wii but it doesn't seem vastly superior to the PS3 or 360. Of course this is only my opinion, but the sales don't lie. People are not going to just run and buy anything Nintendo makes anymore unless it's worth it. And at the current time, the Wii U is a PS3/360 with a Tablet controller.

I can't name any improvments off hand but I'm sure that the PS4 and 720 will feel like more of a transition into next gen than the Wii U did. That said, I'm not saying the Wii U is bad but these Nintendo Gimmicks will only get you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't name any improvments off hand but I'm sure that the PS4 and 720 will feel like more of a transition into next gen than the Wii U did. That said, I'm not saying the Wii U is bad but these Nintendo Gimmicks will only get you so far.
    Not too sure about the next Xbox, but from what I've heard, the PS4 might not have any backwards compatibility and it's focusing less on hardware and rather the social aspect of gaming.

I'm not sure about the credibility of this rumor, but supposedly Microsoft's next console will feature virtual reality (think Virtual Boy, but with Kinect technology). If true, that could give the Wii U a run for its money since now they'd have a gimmick of their own to go up against the Gamepad. And they wasted no time copying the Gamepad, either, recall that last year they showed of Smart Glass, which allowed you to connect your existing tablet to your 360 to do a lot of the same things the Wii U can do.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    In what way? I really don't see graphics improve much, unless Sony decides to go 3D. Maybe you can give it more RAM or a better processor, but that seems to be about it. Besides, I would not be surprised if either Sony or Microsoft copied the gamepad, or both. Though I wouldn't be surprised if neither did too.

woot21 out dawgs
    Play PC, then you'll understand where things can go. The graphics of current gen consoles are attrocious in comparison. Particularly where AA and framerate are concerned. But model quality can be greatly improved as well as textures.

Page 101 of 177 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast